PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup Players nominations for semi-final tie are confirmed!

santhuruu
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:00 PM
For USA
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Lisa Raymond
Vania King

Captain: Zina Garrison

For Russia
Maria Sharapova
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Nadia Petrova
Anna Chakvetadze

Captain: Shamil Tarpischev

For Italy
Francesca Schiavone
Mara Santangelo
Roberta Vinci
Tathiana Garbin

Captain: Corrado Barazzutti

For France
Amelie Mauresmo
Tatiana Golovin
Nathalie Dechy
Severine Bremond

Captain: Georges Goven

Craigy
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I really hope Serena is able to play :)
I'd love to see Serena and Maria play again :hearts:
Go Tati! Hopefully get some good wins here :cool:

mankind
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Russia v USA :drool:
Although Williams sisters or Maria will probably pull out with injury,

frenchie
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I can already tell you that Maria won't play for sure!

Hashim.
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Russia vs USA :yeah:
the best one..

Princeza
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Maria :sobbing: oh please play

Uranium
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:45 PM
why does Maria commit but not play? She did it before too, just don't remember if it was last year or the first round this year?

Chrisi
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I can't imagine that Masha will play... :(

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
that Russia and USA match up....Serena may not play but if she is healed in time then you can bet that if MaSha plays as well that will be magnificent tennis

mankind
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
It's so stupid how Maria never wants to play! The only reason she has committed herself this year is because she wants to play in the Olympics and win a medal. Now she figures whether she plays Fed Cup or not, she'll be in the Olympics - Russian olympic committee would be fooling themselves not to let her in. Plus she backed Sochi so she's well in, even without ever having represented her country or showing any desire to without personal gain.

AnnaK_4ever
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I can't imagine that Masha will play... :(

Well, she won't. As well as Petrova.

Mauresmo Fan
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
no marion for france ????
bremond instead :(

azmad_88
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM
i doubt maria will play

Hantuchov
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I hope that being out of the team motivates Dementieva to get a coach. :help: :o

Otherwise she won't represent her country in the Olympics, which is one of her main goals for the next year, I believe.

But if Sharapova doesn't play again :o, then it'll be the same as before. Lena will be very proud to be called in the last minute to substitute her. :rolleyes:

Flavia not there either. :( :sad:

Viktymise
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I hope that being out of the team motivates Dementieva to get a coach. :help: :o

Otherwise she won't represent her country in the Olympics, which is one of her main goals for the next year, I believe.

But if Sharapova doesn't play again :o, then it'll be the same as before. Lena will be very proud to be called in the last minute to substitute her. :rolleyes:

Flavia not there either. :( :sad:

I think Lena decided herself before any decisions were made on the team line-up that she wasn't going to play this tie in order to focus on US hardcourt season

Injured Serena probably will not be there, or if she is, probably won't be able to play, if Venus gets to the final of Wimbledon, there is a big possiblilty she wont play either

Hantuchov
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I think Lena decided herself before any decisions were made on the team line-up that she wasn't going to play this tie in order to focus on US hardcourt season

Pretty obvious due to her great last results that she knew she'd be out of team.

But if she decided it herself,

Goodbye Olympics dream... :wavey: :zzz:

disco_rage
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Can't believe US picked King over Tu?

I like King, but Tu is in WAY better form in both SINGLES and DOUBLES!