PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Jim Pierce

guycan
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Found a great article from Charles Bricker of the South Florida Sentinel paper. He basically summarizes an e-mail he received from Jim Pierce in response to Sven Groenefeld's remarks that Mary would not return to the WTA again despite her saying that she was returning for 2008. According to Jim, he could have Mary back in 2 1/2 months... Funny article and a relief that Mary will be back!!!

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_tennisblog/2007/07/the-return-of-j.html

MistyGrey
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I agree with Jim. Sven dumped Mary after she lost to Venus in RG 04,saying she was not ready to go to the next level. All credit to him for taking Mary to the AO title when Mary was 20, but at the age of 28,Mary needed a little extra. After Sven left Mary, she started working with Craig Kardon and won the Ordina Open. Then she teamed up with David and we all know how that partnership went. So I see Jim's point.
Besides, Sven sound a little bitter. Why does he feel the need to make such statements, specially if he thinks he is a close friend of Mary's.

garyclark
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I don't doubt that Jim was a good coach for Mary, It's just too bad he wasn't as good a father for her. Which is much more important. It's wonderful that Mary turned out to be such a loving, caring, and so well loved by everyone.

Mark Spruce
Jul 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I am with Gary. I just do not trust Jim to be honest. Yes Mary turned into the best role model on the WTA !!!!!!!

Wise words Gary !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wizzy Maryfan
Jul 8th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Sure but hey, in the end, we have to thank Jim to permit us to know the great champion Mary is !

And we're not well placed to judge his attitude !
I mean, Mary gets on well with her father now, she has accepted him in her life again, so ... it's time for us too to let the past be the past !

BUT !

Sven Groeneveld is a without-brain cow and I really hope Mary will be back on tour and beat Ana Ivanovic with Sven sitting in the crowd !

PamShriverRockz
Jul 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I don't doubt that Jim was a good coach for Mary, It's just too bad he wasn't as good a father for her. Which is much more important. It's wonderful that Mary turned out to be such a loving, caring, and so well loved by everyone.

I agree.

Mark Spruce
Jul 8th, 2007, 09:13 PM
YES TOTALLY AGREE !!!!!!!!

BUT !

Sven Groeneveld is a without-brain cow and I really hope Mary will be back on tour and beat Ana Ivanovic with Sven sitting in the crowd !

DomenicDemaria
Jul 14th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Sounds like Sven is bitter he was wrong and Mary took her game to the next level. I dont think Jim will be a good coach choice for Mary. She may have forgiven him but mentally she will never forget what he did.

garyclark
Jul 14th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I would love to see her brother coach her again. They seem to have good chemistry and he certainly knows Mary, and what works and what doesn't.

Mark Spruce
Jul 16th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I am so with you on that one

I would love to see her brother coach her again. They seem to have good chemistry and he certainly knows Mary, and what works and what doesn't.

Kirill_M
Jul 16th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Absolutely agree, they are great team! :worship: