28 Q
29 Q
30 Sfar Selima
31 Nagy Kyra
32 Cravero Jorgelina

So Misa will be second seed :)

casper07
Jul 8th, 2007, 11:36 PM
A genuine chance for her to go on and take the title. Continue her form of last week and shes better than the field IMO.

In saying that though the draw will be a bit of a factor and also the adaption from a run of maches on grass back to the clay.

Tiezol
Jul 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I surely hope she will win this one, the chance is there after all.

She has been training on clay for the last week, hope she is able to make the switch in time :S

DutchieGirl
Jul 13th, 2007, 12:08 AM
A genuine chance for her to go on and take the title. Continue her form of last week and shes better than the field IMO.

In saying that though the draw will be a bit of a factor and also the adaption from a run of maches on grass back to the clay.

A genuine chance to take the title? This is Misa on CLAY...against some good clay courters. ;) I'd be happy with QFs or better. ;)

Of course that doesn't mean I don't *hope* that she will win the tourney - I just don't expect it, so if she does it'll be a nice surprise. ;)

casper07
Jul 13th, 2007, 03:36 PM
A genuine chance to take the title? This is Misa on CLAY...against some good clay courters. ;) I'd be happy with QFs or better. ;)

Of course that doesn't mean I don't *hope* that she will win the tourney - I just don't expect it, so if she does it'll be a nice surprise. ;)

I think she can perform well on clay myself. Looked good in Rome and Roland Garros before running into an on fire Serena Williams.And this tournament isnt filled with that much quality. Im hopeful she can have a good week here and I do believe that she is one of the favourites. Although if she did go out early it wont be dissapointing as the real priority is the US hard court season at the moment, so there isnt much pressure for her here.

DutchieGirl
Jul 14th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I think she can perform well on clay myself. Looked good in Rome and Roland Garros before running into an on fire Serena Williams.And this tournament isnt filled with that much quality. Im hopeful she can have a good week here and I do believe that she is one of the favourites. Although if she did go out early it wont be dissapointing as the real priority is the US hard court season at the moment, so there isnt much pressure for her here.

She didn't look so good in Rome losing to Paszek in quallies. Plus beating Poutchkova on clay well - with Poutchkova's form at the moment I'd have been really worried if Misa couldn't have beaten her! Misa also didn't look good in Prague losing to Meusberger on clay. Misa's always been up and down, and even more so on clay. She played Palermo last year and lost to Rezai in the 2nd round. She also lost the week after in the SF of Budapest (on clay) to Errani. So there doesn't HAVE to be "quality" in the sense of top players for Misa to lose early on clay. There are enough decent clay courters in this tourney to make life difficult for her. ;) So while she may be seeded #2 you never know what can happen - she was seeded high in Prague also. ;)

I hope she can at least make second round and defend last years points, but no it's kind of a "nothing" tournament in the sense that she's going back toclay before the hard court season - I find it a bit weird, but I guess she liked it there last year, and she has said it's going to be a sort of "family holiday" as her whole family are going with her. I hope she will have a better hard court season this year than she did last - although that shouldn't be hard to do. ;)

casper07
Jul 14th, 2007, 01:39 AM
She didn't look so good in Rome losing to Paszek in quallies. Plus beating Poutchkova on clay well - with Poutchkova's form at the moment I'd have been really worried if Misa couldn't have beaten her! Misa also didn't look good in Prague losing to Meusberger on clay. Misa's always been up and down, and even more so on clay. She played Palermo last year and lost to Rezai in the 2nd round. She also lost the week after in the SF of Budapest (on clay) to Errani. So there doesn't HAVE to be "quality" in the sense of top players for Misa to lose early on clay. There are enough decent clay courters in this tourney to make life difficult for her. ;) So while she may be seeded #2 you never know what can happen - she was seeded high in Prague also. ;)

I hope she can at least make second round and defend last years points, but no it's kind of a "nothing" tournament in the sense that she's going back toclay before the hard court season - I find it a bit weird, but I guess she liked it there last year, and she has said it's going to be a sort of "family holiday" as her whole family are going with her. I hope she will have a better hard court season this year than she did last - although that shouldn't be hard to do. ;)

I think she will be more consistent as she gets older, I hope so anyway as its crucial for a successful career.
Yeah your right she didnt exactly look very good in Rome! :) But to be fair to her last year in Palermo she played Rezai.Shes a tough draw and is more than capable of winning this event herself. Maybe her whole family watching can act as a motovation tool but I agree with you that its not really an important tournament for her but it would still be nice to have a good week there.

Im more worried about the hard court season to be honest :awww: I dont think shes fully comfortable on the surface myself(hopefully im wrong), and her results at the start of this year werent inspiring although she seemed to get some really frustrating tough draws! Is she hopeful for the US season mate? Im just so happy shes improving her ranking this summer so she can avoid the killer draws.:)

Gerben
Jul 14th, 2007, 10:30 AM
...She played Palermo last year and lost to Rezai in the 2nd round. She also lost the week after in the SF of Budapest (on clay) to Errani...
She beat Errani in the QF, then lost to Lourdes Dominguez Lino in the SF.

DutchieGirl
Jul 14th, 2007, 11:23 PM
She beat Errani in the QF, then lost to Lourdes Dominguez Lino in the SF.

Ahh sorry, you're right. ;)

DutchieGirl
Jul 14th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I think she will be more consistent as she gets older, I hope so anyway as its crucial for a successful career.
Yeah your right she didnt exactly look very good in Rome! :) But to be fair to her last year in Palermo she played Rezai.Shes a tough draw and is more than capable of winning this event herself. Maybe her whole family watching can act as a motovation tool but I agree with you that its not really an important tournament for her but it would still be nice to have a good week there.

Im more worried about the hard court season to be honest :awww: I dont think shes fully comfortable on the surface myself(hopefully im wrong), and her results at the start of this year werent inspiring although she seemed to get some really frustrating tough draws! Is she hopeful for the US season mate? Im just so happy shes improving her ranking this summer so she can avoid the killer draws.:)

I hope she will be more consistent too - obviously. ;) And yes, I mentioned before that she played Rezai in Palermo last year - and Rezai is also a very up and down player. She has the chance to win an event, but she can also lose 1st r. I;m not sure about the "whole family being there" motivation - that hasn't worked the 2 times she's played in prague, but it seems to help (more) in Rosmalen - but also Rosmalen is in her home country so, who knows? As I said, I HOPE Misa will do well in Palermo, BUT I will be surprised if she actually wins. ;)

Why are you worried with the hard court season? Hard court was generally Misa's best surface in juniors. She won the junior USO in 04, and made the final in 03. Plus last year, her draws at the 3 hard court events she played were mostly crap - Srebotnik 1st r Canadian and Sharapova 1dst r USO - you can't expect her to win those sort of matches. OK, she should have beaten Rodionova (New Haven), but I think she lost some confidence after losing to Srebotnik in Montreal.

Regarding the start of this year - in some of the Dutch articles (which I assume you can't read ;) ) she has said that at the start of this year she had some personal problems, and she wasn't feeling fit, which didn't help with her AO/Hobart campaign. Plus what about the year before in Australia? Finals Hopman Cup, winner Hobart, 3rd r Aussie Open. Plus in 05 she made the 2nd r Aussie Open after being a WC into quallies. I think she's certianly not out of place on hardcourt, and given that fact that she is now ranked higher than last year and can possibly get some nicer draws at the US/Canadian tourneys, she should do better on hard this year. ;)

casper07
Jul 15th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I hope she will be more consistent too - obviously. ;) And yes, I mentioned before that she played Rezai in Palermo last year - and Rezai is also a very up and down player. She has the chance to win an event, but she can also lose 1st r. I;m not sure about the "whole family being there" motivation - that hasn't worked the 2 times she's played in prague, but it seems to help (more) in Rosmalen - but also Rosmalen is in her home country so, who knows? As I said, I HOPE Misa will do well in Palermo, BUT I will be surprised if she actually wins. ;)

Why are you worried with the hard court season? Hard court was generally Misa's best surface in juniors. She won the junior USO in 04, and made the final in 03. Plus last year, her draws at the 3 hard court events she played were mostly crap - Srebotnik 1st r Canadian and Sharapova 1dst r USO - you can't expect her to win those sort of matches. OK, she should have beaten Rodionova (New Haven), but I think she lost some confidence after losing to Srebotnik in Montreal.

Regarding the start of this year - in some of the Dutch articles (which I assume you can't read ;) ) she has said that at the start of this year she had some personal problems, and she wasn't feeling fit, which didn't help with her AO/Hobart campaign. Plus what about the year before in Australia? Finals Hopman Cup, winner Hobart, 3rd r Aussie Open. Plus in 05 she made the 2nd r Aussie Open after being a WC into quallies. I think she's certianly not out of place on hardcourt, and given that fact that she is now ranked higher than last year and can possibly get some nicer draws at the US/Canadian tourneys, she should do better on hard this year. ;)

Its just a pessimistic hunch of mine really :lol: . Its just the form on the hard courts at the start of the season wasnt good, but as I said earlier she had alot of very tough draws and if she had personal problems then that could be the main reason because she had a couple of good tournies at the end of last year on the hard courts.And your right I cant read dutch.;)
I dont think shes out of place at all on hard courts its just that im not expecting her to have a run at the US Open like she had at Wimbledon as I think grass is her best surface at the moment. I havent seen a massive amount of her games on the hard courts though so Im probably not best placed to judge, as I said its just a pessimistic hunch really for the summer!

I still cant wait for it though, as if she can transfer her form of last week into the US then she has a great chance to break the top 30. Her confidence must be pretty high aswell so shes all set for a good US season :)

DutchieGirl
Jul 15th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Its just a pessimistic hunch of mine really :lol: . Its just the form on the hard courts at the start of the season wasnt good, but as I said earlier she had alot of very tough draws and if she had personal problems then that could be the main reason because she had a couple of good tournies at the end of last year on the hard courts.And your right I cant read dutch.;)
I dont think shes out of place at all on hard courts its just that im not expecting her to have a run at the US Open like she had at Wimbledon as I think grass is her best surface at the moment. I havent seen a massive amount of her games on the hard courts though so Im probably not best placed to judge, as I said its just a pessimistic hunch really for the summer!

I still cant wait for it though, as if she can transfer her form of last week into the US then she has a great chance to break the top 30. Her confidence must be pretty high aswell so shes all set for a good US season :)

If Misa is seeded at the USO, then I see no reason why she can't at least make the 3rd r. She usually plays fine on hardcourt (Tashkent and Hobart - the other two titles she won - were both on hard). I am 100% certain that Misa is MUCH better on hard court than she is on clay. In fact, if Misa can do well in Palermo, she has a chance to move up at least 1 spot...hmm although I'm not sure if Fran's playing this coming week, but her form has been pretty bad of late anyway so it's possible if she does play that she loses early too. ;) Misa is only about 20 points behind Fran, so I guess if Misa could make the semi's in Palermo she could move up a spot. Then she'd be pretty certain of a seeding at the USO. As it is, she's still at least 100 points ahead of the #33 for the rankings tomorrow (that will be Radwanska). I'm not expecting Misa to reach USO QF or something either, but 3rd round should be possible if she is seeded. I really hope Misa can at least make QF in Palermo, because the week after she has 43 points coming off from Budapest last year...so she has 55 off in the next 2 weeks...but it'ds be nice if she could get to 31 even if it was just for 1 week for now. ;) But I am absolutely sure that Misa can have a better hard court season than last year. Besaides, I think I've given you enough evidence that Misa CAN perform on hardcourts that you should stop being pessimistic! :p

chantie
Jul 15th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Good luck Misa:angel:

casper07
Jul 15th, 2007, 12:15 PM
You have turned me from pessimistic to cautiously optimisitc.:D

DutchieGirl
Jul 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM
You have turned me from pessimistic to cautiously optimisitc.:D

:yeah: Good. ;)

casper07
Jul 15th, 2007, 02:13 PM
(1) Michaella Krajicek (NED) vs Eva Birnerova (CZE)
Virginie Razzano (FRA) vs (WC) Sara Errani (ITA)
Lourdes Dominguez-Lino (ESP) vs (WC) Antonella Serra Zanetti (ITA)
Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) vs (7) Kaia Kanepi (EST)

(3) Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) vs Mariya Koryttseva (UKR)
Q/LL vs (WC) Silvia Disderi (ITA)
Ekaterina Bychkova (RUS) vs Q/LL
Q/LL vs (8) Agnes Szavay /JUN)

(5) Roberta Vinci (ITA) vs Karin Knapp (ITA)
Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) vs Sandra Kloesel (GER)
Tatjana Malek (GER) vs Kira Nagy (HUN)
Q/LL vs (4) Emilie Loit (FRA)

(6) Aravane Rezai (FRA) vs Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
Edina Gallovits (ROU) vs Maria Elena Camerin (ITA)
Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) vs Nuria Llagostera Vives (ESP)
Q/LL vs (2) Martina Müller (GER)

DutchieGirl
Jul 15th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Hmm Garbin pulled out. I'm still thinking QF for Misa... ;) Possible that she plays Dominguez or Meusberger. ;) Better than QF would be fantastic. ;)

Reckoner
Jul 16th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Hmm Garbin pulled out. I'm still thinking QF for Misa... ;) Possible that she plays Dominguez or Meusberger. ;) Better than QF would be fantastic. ;)

Does you're eye hurt from all that winking?

Now that I see Misa is the first seed and Garbin pulled out, I think she might have a legit chance of making the final now. I voted semi-final originally.

casper07
Jul 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Is there a scoreboard for this event?

DutchieGirl
Jul 16th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Does you're eye hurt from all that winking?

Now that I see Misa is the first seed and Garbin pulled out, I think she might have a legit chance of making the final now. I voted semi-final originally.

Nope. My eyes are both fine. :p Wow...being hopeful. :p

casper07
Jul 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Cant find a scoreboard anywhere, is there even one available?

Gerben
Jul 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Cant find a scoreboard anywhere, is there even one available?
Probably not... :o

casper07
Jul 16th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Birnerova def. Krajicek 6:2, 6:4

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Gerben
Jul 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I was afraid something like that would happen...

casper07
Jul 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I dont understand it to be honest but I cant comment becasue I cant even see the stats for the match. Still a bit of a shock. Nevermind though, the important tournies are just round the corner so she can rest up and be in good shape for them :)

DutchieGirl
Jul 16th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I dont understand it to be honest but I cant comment becasue I cant even see the stats for the match. Still a bit of a shock. Nevermind though, the important tournies are just round the corner so she can rest up and be in good shape for them :)

Like I said before - Misa on clay - anything is possible! Now you know why I would have been happy with a QF. ;)

casper07
Jul 17th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Like I said before - Misa on clay - anything is possible! Now you know why I would have been happy with a QF. ;)

Well at least that clay done for a while. :lol:

I lost all respect for the tournament once I found out there wasnt even a scoreboard for it!:D

DutchieGirl
Jul 17th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Well at least that clay done for a while. :lol:

I lost all respect for the tournament once I found out there wasnt even a scoreboard for it!:D

Yup - on to hard courts, and better results again. ;)

Reckoner
Jul 17th, 2007, 04:35 AM

Sorry everyone

:sad:

Whatzup
Jul 17th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I knew this could happen, but I didn't expect it this time! Why doesn't she learn from her old faults? She knows she's not good on the claycourts. She always lost badly too bad players in Prague and last year she didn't really well in this tournament too. After her Wimbledon quarterfinal I was hoping that she would take some weeks off and started with full confidence in San Diego. I really don't understand why she Iplayed here, OK for her family vacation. But she can take vacation without playing! I hope she will do better in San Diego!

DutchieGirl
Jul 17th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah, it did seem a bit weird to play 1 tourney on clay again. I understand she doesn't wanna play Cincy as then it's sooooooooooooooo long away from home, but she could have just trained 3 weeks and then gone to the US. Oh well...