PDA

View Full Version : Who will win this Wimbledon?

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Very likely Justine and Venus will reach the final.
Let's poll right now, and add what you are thinking about your choice.

sfselesfan
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM
None of the above.

http://www.maggiemaeproductions.com/images/shirts/yo_mama_inset.jpg

SF

jazar
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:55 PM
why isnt rain an option?

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Venus has a better and better form right now, but Justine is also just on fire.
The (very likely) final will be interesting.
Like the 6 years ago....
My god, I still remembered the time when I watched that final 6 years ago, I was a little boy at that time.
Justine was also a small girl, so thin and short at that time. Venus was so big and strong, looked triple size of Justine. And Justine won the second set, but got a bagel for the third set.
From that time, I started to be a fan of Justine...For so many years, it never changes.

Mileen
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
why isnt rain an option?

:lol:

I really don't know - to both questions.

Chrissie-fan
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
If she plays as well as she did against Sharapova I don't see how anyone could beat Venus. I think it's almost impossible to keep up such a standard of play though, so I give both Venus and Justine a 50% chance of winning the title. Good as they are, I can't see any of the other two girls winning it. Not yet anyway.

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM
If she plays as well as she did against Sharapova I don't see how anyone could beat Venus. I think it's almost impossible to keep up such a standard of play though, so I give both Venus and Justine a 50% chance of winning the title. Good as they are, I can't see any of the other two girls winning it. Not yet anyway.

Right, I also do not see the chances for the others two amazing girls.
But, I think the final will be very intense, and competitive, and smothered.

Tennisaddict
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I think that the lowest seed will win and set new records by doing so.

missclaret
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM
justine i think, but venus is looking unstoppable at the minute, she is something else on grass

missclaret
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:17 PM
justine i think, but venus is looking unstoppable at the minute, she is something else on grass

blamoh
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM
2005 AO Serena
2005 RG Henin
2005 Wim Venus

2007 AO Serena
2007 RG Henin
2007 Wim Venus, this scenario set.

CORIA01
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:23 PM
the final will be Justine/Ana and Justine will win it
I really hope Ana can win her first GS!!!!!

PamShriverRockz
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM

I agree. :yeah:

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Yes, I also give Justine and Venus half and half chances.

Vlad Tepes
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Justine has to be the slight favourite, but Venus is a very tough nut to crack on grass, so it could really go either way if that is the final.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Justine will win Wimbledon, its like almost sure because Amelie and Serena are the only players capable of beating her now.

I would like to think of Ana making it but its just not possible as she is not mature yet. Also a back to back win from Venus and Justine is overwelming.

I also would consider Venus but she is to tentative lately. Beating Maria and Kuzzy is not of a confidence builder.

At that, Marion would only win if the other three lose their legs.

Vlad Tepes
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM
:lol: at the Bartoli comment, but it's true!

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Justine will win Wimbledon, its like almost sure because Amelie and Serena are the only players capable of beating her now.

I would like to think of Ana making it but its just not possible as she is not mature yet. Also a back to back win from Venus and Justine is overwelming.

I also would consider Venus but she is to tentative lately. Beating Maria and Kuzzy is not of a confidence builder.

That's funny for your last word.
But very good comments, Venus's serve is pretty outstanding right now.

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I also believe Justine has realized the toughness of the match between Serena and her, that's why she could concentrate and make a nice leads at the beginning of the third set.
I also think the final of 6 years ago won't repeat again.

Kunal
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM
as of now its split to the Tee on venus and henin

blamoh
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:15 PM

Why are so bold that only Amelia and Serena are capable
of beating Justine. Justine had a good chance to win
wimbledon in 2000 but she happened to face Venus in the
final and lost.
I have been reading post even about match between Venus and
Sharapova and many suggested that Sharapova was going to
toast Venus. In fact many commentators believed that as well. I was never convinced that Sharapova will beat
Venus at Wimbledon. And she never did.
Justine never played any quality player save Serena who was
not 100% even with that they went three sets.
I can only suggest that Henin is not lucky enough that
Venus had not been taken out by those spoilers to give
way to Henin to win grandslams as those she won previously.
If Henin and Venus happen to meet in the final I don't
understand why people, her fans could give her the
advantage over Venus who won this thing three times and
finalist two other times.
Last year Justince reached the finals of the four grandslams and you know who beat her in one of the finals?
Sharapova and not to mention she is also champion here in
2004. Henin never accomplished this fest, winning wimby
that is.
Beating Kusnetsova and Sharapova is not a confidence
building is very bogus to me.

trufanjay
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Some of you need to pay a bit more attention to Venus' game and stop being stuck on certain players. Venus at her best on grass is unstoppable. I don't even think a top Serena could take out a confident Venus on grass, but that's if Venus played very well.

Justine will be considered the favorite by most if she plays Venus in the final only because she probably wants it more. But on grass, it would be Venus' match to win or lose. Justine could give her trouble but this is where Venus likes to compete and this is her stage. I am sure Serena will be talking to her a lot before the match if it happen, and I can't see Venus letting her camp down let alone herself. If Justine gets lucky again and does not play the Venus that showed up in these previous two matches then she can win Wimbledon. If she plays a confident, quick, big-serving, ready to win Venus, she will not be winning Wimbledon this year no matter how well she plays.

Jirku
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM
why even making a poll , justine gonna win it :bounce:

wtatennisballer
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Queen Vee . Mary Jo Fernandez called it way back in Charleston on ESPN2 during the Venus-Jankovic final that Venus , not Serena would win Wimbledon this year. The premise was that she'd have to work on her serve a bit and she clearly has. :worship:

Henin and Venus need to get by Bartoli and Ivanovic for starters. And I don't think there will be a favorite going into the final between Henin and Venus.

heytennis
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:54 PM
No doubt it will be Justine or Venus. Looking for a 2001 rematch. (At least I think it was '01) :lol:

Serenita
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Venus goint to be pissed off at JUJUVoodoo which means a asswhoping!!

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Many people also said this after the draw came out.
Finally, Justine def. Serena. Justine is in a good form, and totally on fire.

DavidEllul
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Allez justine!

Neptune
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Venus or Ana, I hope.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I'll go Venus..only she nad Henin will lift the trophy, Vee deserves it.

Derek.
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Justine Henin. :sobbing:

Bruno71
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:44 PM
If Justine could overcome nerves, employ a smart gameplan, and execute it, I think she'd have a good chance to beat Venus (should that matchup occur). But I just don't know if I see her doing all that after watching the QF. Venus should play much more freely and effectively. My major question with her is her stamina heading into a 3rd set after working very hard. I'm going with Venus at this point though.

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:49 PM
If Justine could overcome nerves, employ a smart gameplan, and execute it, I think she'd have a good chance to beat Venus (should that matchup occur). But I just don't know if I see her doing all that after watching the QF. Venus should play much more freely and effectively. My major question with her is her stamina heading into a 3rd set after working very hard. I'm going with Venus at this point though.

But you know, Venus and Serena like the way Sharapova plays, and can conquer the one-dimentional Maria easily without too much varieties.
Justine is totally different, she has the most ways to play and to win the match in the tour.

Rachel_
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Vee

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:21 AM
VENUS.

Like I said from the start.

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Queen Vee . Mary Jo Fernandez called it way back in Charleston on ESPN2 during the Venus-Jankovic final that Venus , not Serena would win Wimbledon this year. The premise was that she'd have to work on her serve a bit and she clearly has. :worship:

Henin and Venus need to get by Bartoli and Ivanovic for starters. And I don't think there will be a favorite going into the final between Henin and Venus.
I think Justine will be the favorite, after all, she's number one. That being said, Go Vee!! Get those wheels a moving. :bolt: