PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Vaidisova Gives Her Picks For The Wimbledon SF

saphir1
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Q. There's two younger players and two more experienced players in the semifinal. How do you see the matchups going there?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Since I'm out, I'm never following and I really don't care what's going to happen now. So I don't know.

sfselesfan
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:26 PM
She's such a bitch. I wanted her to win just so I could see Venus school her in the semis.

SF

sammy01
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
and them kind of comments are why im glad she lost urghhhhh tennis realy dosent need her or her shitty attitude! total bitch!

LoveFifteen
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:34 PM
This kind of attitude is so fucking annoying and pathetic. Just another reason why I hate this stupid Robotisova bitch. Thank God that Ivanovic dismissed this soulless, product-hawking automatron. Too bad you can't buy personality or je ne sais quoi at a fashion botique because that's what the Nicole XD4200 (engineered by Siemens AG) needs to spend its prize money on. Instead it will spend its time off peddling Reebok, attending a IMG-sponsored photo-op with bed-ridden Ukranian children, and downloading some of Microsoft's latest security patches for the Office eBackhand v3.2 program.

MisterMan
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM
She's simply full of sh*t. She'll be watching like the rest of us. Nasty nasty spoiled brat.

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Momo had a similar reaction after she lost. :lol:

Although she said she would still watch some matchs.

Q. Who do you think is going to win the championship now?

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: I don't care right now.

[...]

Q. Will you watch any more of the tournament on TV or live or do you just want to forget about it?

AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Oh, probably, yeah.

John.
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I am so glad she lost. Just wish it had been to Mauresmo

The way she just left the court at the end also was :o

Who did she lose to hen she a bottle into the crowd :tape::lol:

rrfnpump
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I dont want any Serena fan to complain now. :lol:

jdyshrky
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:42 PM
She's just lost out on the chance of a Wimbledon semifinal, most players in her situation would say something along the same lines.

Paule22
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I like it :fiery:

Princeza
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:45 PM
She's right, she's out so why would she care?

Ferosh
This kind of attitude is so fucking annoying and pathetic. Just another reason why I hate this stupid Robotisova bitch. Thank God that Ivanovic dismissed this soulless, product-hawking automatron. Too bad you can't buy personality or je ne sais quoi at a fashion botique because that's what the Nicole XD4200 (engineered by Siemens AG) needs to spend its prize money on. Instead it will spend its time off peddling Reebok, attending a IMG-sponsored photo-op with bed-ridden Ukranian children, and downloading some of Microsoft's latest security patches for the Office eBackhand v3.2 program.

Brilliant! :spit:

Derek.
OMG she' such a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111ONE :mad:

I mean gosh, how could she not watch or give predicitons. :rolleyes:

It's not like she just lost a match after having 3 MPs and could be in a bad mood.

zomg!!!!!!1

kelgers
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM
She was 3 matchpoints up and I think she was pretty disappointed. Give this girl a break.

Vlad Tepes
Bitchy response, but she was very disappointed, having lost a set and a break advantage, so it's understandable.

Nicolás89
nicole :timebomb:

Neptune
I don't know why it's bothering some of you, she's just honest, that's only her problem if she doesn't want to watch tennis after her loss.Actually, most of the players do this and it sounds logical when you lost a tense match.

Lulu.
I see where she's coming from. Why would she follow the tournament if she's out of it

Knizzle
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't care either if I was out.

Nicolás89

It's not like she just lost a match after having 3 MPs and could be in a bad mood.

zomg!!!!!!1

that nicole is such a lil' brat :mad:

cellophane

You got all of that out of one "I don't care" quote? :spit:

Just Do It
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM
What a bitch :o

Princeza
Hang her :woohoo:

~Kiera~
She's understandably disappointed. I can't blame her if at that moment in time she didn't care just who would win.

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:51 PM

:rolls:

cellophane

No, I think you have to drive a stake through her heart... :devil:

sammy01

zomg!!!!!!1

well kuznetsova just got beat and gave her predictions and she got beat well and proper! but then svetas a nice girl!

partbrit
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Momo had a similar reaction after she lost.

Yes, but Vaidisova was hardly the defending champion. Which is fine with me.

MagicMilan
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM
What's wrong with this answer? :confused:
I bet 90% of players would say some similar things :shrug:

zayos_10
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I think the only player that is out that can care about the results is Serena, since Venus is still playing. Other than her, I dont think players care who win. i think Nicole is not the only player (here or at any other tournament) that has said that, so I dont see what‘s the big deal is :rolleyes:

LoveFifteen
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:00 PM
You got all of that out of one "I don't care" quote? :spit:

No, I also got that from dozens of her other self-obsessed, snotty interviews, her petulant on-court behavior, and the reset button on her left calf. :angel:

Princeza
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7015/17307258fe8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nozaroc
Hey, she's only 18. What were most people doing when they were 18? Probably picking lint out of their belly button and getting drunk. She just came off a crushing loss she could have won on a world stage. I don't really blame her for being terse. She probably wants to forget about tennis for a while.

Slumpsova
you are so weird :lol:
obsess much?

John.
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM
No, I also got that from dozens of her other self-obsessed, snotty interviews, her petulant on-court behavior, and the reset button on her left calf. :angel:

:haha:

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:03 PM
:haha:

Il Primo!

:haha: LETHAL DEATH!

Derek.
well kuznetsova just got beat and gave her predictions and she got beat well and proper! but then svetas a nice girl!

Sveta didn't have three match points either.

It's easier to get over a 3-6 4-6 loss than a 6-4 2-6 5-7 loss where you were one point away from winning three times. :wavey:

Dexter
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:04 PM
People relax, she said it right after a tough defeat... I'm really not bothered by this quote.

Il Primo!

:haha: :haha:

Derek.

:lol:

woosey
i just think she's kinda dumb.

Kunal
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM
i think these withdrawal symptoms.....some of them are really bad and some are better

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:05 PM

:spit:

Drake1980
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM
:eek::tape:

Slumpsova
i just think she's kinda dumb.
:rolleyes:
why? because she can't predict the winners?

sammy01
Sveta didn't have three match points either.

It's easier to get over a 3-6 4-6 loss than a 6-4 2-6 5-7 loss where you were one point away from winning three times. :wavey:

well i cant imagine someone like seles a consumate profesional havin that sort of attitude! and so she lost from match points up is that any reason to be a bitch?

MK hamster
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Some of you lost are ignorant CHUMPS... If you were in her position don't even try and tell me you'd have answered any differently... Nicole is a nice girl who was understandably upset at the manner of her loss...

woosey
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM
:rolleyes:
why? because she can't predict the winners?

because of her other past dumb comments. duh?!

MK hamster
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:10 PM
She appears to be being castigated for telling the truth... Can you imagine her having to watch the Venus v Ana match...? Having to constantly think that could have been her...

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Momo had a similar reaction after she lost. :lol:

Although she said she would still watch some matchs.

the difference is mauresmo said i dont care right now which means probs after a few days of getting over it she might do...and she said she will probs watch it

Tennace
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM
:weirdo:

When Mauresmo has a similar response, everyone worships Momo, and Nicole says pretty much the same thing, and everyone goes crazy.

:o

PS: Go Nicole :worship: :yeah:

Selah
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Most if not all of the women when faced with who is their pick to win usually say a variation of "they don't care or don't follow after they are out", so I don't know why you guys are acting like this over her statement. I am indifferent to her and I do find the women's lack of interest in their sport other than themselves a bit off-putting but after such a disappointing loss, what do you expect to hear from her?. I'm cheering on Ana? lol.

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:17 PM

:spit::spit::haha::haha::haha:

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Most if not all of the women when faced with who is their pick to win usually say a variation of "they don't care or don't follow after they are out", so I don't know why you guys are acting like this over her statement. I am indifferent to her and I do find the women's lack of interest in their sport other than themselves a bit off-putting but after such a disappointing loss, what do you expect to hear from her?. I'm cheering on Ana? lol.
you are right 90% of WTA girls are self-obsessed so just leave Nicole alone! :o

LindsayRulz
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM

BrandClay
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I still thinnk she's a b*tch! lol

LoveFifteen
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Once its team of Siemens AG engineers installs the new Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Charisma processor and the latest Norton® Anti-Bitch® software, the Nicole XD4200 will be able to produce less peevish responses like

A. "I'm not sure how the matchups will go. You never know."

B. "The conventional wisdom says that experience will prevail, but since its inception, women's tennis has thrived on defying convention. We'll just have to wait and see."

or

C. "Because Justine and Venus have made the finals here more than once, they probably enter the match as favorites, but don't count their opponents out."

For now, we can't be too harsh on the Nicole XD4200. After all, the poor thing is infected with LieWare; it can't be expected to give honest responses.

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:38 PM

she very young and when you continue to choke in grand slam semis (RG 06,WIMB 07)its bound to put you in a bad mood. i did however want her to win so i could see venus destroy her. if she couldnt keep it together against ivanovic she wouldve had a bigger breakdown once those venus first serves kept flying by her.

azinna
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Folks shouldn't be so hard on her.

mckyle.
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM
she very young and when you continue to choke in grand slam semis (RG 06,WIMB 07)its bound to put you in a bad mood. i did however want her to win so i could see venus destroy her. if she couldnt keep it together against ivanovic she wouldve had a bigger breakdown once those venus first serves kept flying by her.

wow you actually took that post seriously :spit:

barbo
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Oh i love the irony in some comments from players. They want to make tennis more available by
trying to get people to watch, yet they admit to not watching!!!

saki
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM
From Amelie's press conference -

AcesHigh
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:09 PM

That part really doesn't matter IMO.

It's the "since i'm out, i'm never following part" that is sad.

However, I'm sure the same can be said about Venus and Serena who don't even know their own ranking :tape:

CORIA01
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Nothing Wrong
She Just Do Not Cares Who Will Win
Momo Has Said That Too
It Is Not A Big Deal!

hurricanejeanne
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Priceless. :lol:

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Nicole said. She just lost a big match, on a big stage after having matchpoints. She has a right to be disappointed and upset. I'd be pretty upset if I were in her posistion too.

GracefulVenus
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:20 PM

Remind me never to piss you off on this board!:lol:

BoucharDRules
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM
You know if she actually made a prediction she would have been called all sorts of names by the fans of the players she didn't pick to win. :rolleyes:

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM

Too late. Already posted in this thread.

Craigy
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:25 PM
So what, Amelie said the same thing, yet everyone laughed.
Hypocrites much?

Effy
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:29 PM
r u people serious? bitchy response? :lol: if she is out of tourny why should she care who wins? get a life.

Lunaris
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:30 PM
I honestly don't see anything wrong with her response. Why should she care about her rivals when she is already out? She just concentrates on herself and her own game. For me womens Wimbledon is over too and I really don't care who will win, does it make me a bitch? Now my only wish is to see Berdych kicking Nadal's famous ass tommorow. :drool:

Conor
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Q. There's two younger players and two more experienced players in the semifinal. How do you see the matchups going there?

NICOLE VAIDISOVA: Since I'm out, I'm never following and I really don't care what's going to happen now. So I don't know.

And to think I wanted her to win today :rolleyes:

Effy
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with what Nicole said. She just lost a big match, on a big stage after having matchpoints. She has a right to be disappointed and upset. I'd be pretty upset if I were in her posistion too.

exactly ;) but folks in here prefer perfect ladies with perfect interviews and perfect attitude on and off the court

Radix2
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I don't know why these reporters choose to ask players who have just lost a hard fought match such questions. She is very young but I think ss she matures she'll learn to answer these types of questions better.

frontier
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Nicole has always had these temper tantrums that are embarrassing,she is young but these outbursts will costs her matches if she doesnt put a lid on it.

jacobruiz
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Ah, leave her alone - Nicole is just saying what she honestly feels at the moment the question is posed. As another poster remarked, 90% of the rest of the players would probably feel the same way losing like that. Nikky and Amelie are just being honest about it.

DaniMasha3
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:44 PM
all she did was say she doesnt really care. I mean i dont think I would either.People totally overeacted.

PamShriverRockz
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:46 PM
I would have said the same thing in her situation!

treufreund
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:50 PM
people people people, the problem is the jerkface reporters asking this kind of question. they know that it is insensitive and just want to get under her skin. GOOD ON YA NICOLE!!!

Naranoc
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I like her, but she does need to do a lot of growing up, both in terms of emotion (smashing her racket in the 2nd set even after being a break up), and not needing that desperate support from her step-father, by looking at him almost constantly.

Also, no need to stomp off court straight after the loss. Some sportsmanship wouldn't go amiss, although that will come with age and maturity.

QuicKyMonSter
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Can't stand this girl... I'm starting to dislike her even more than Sharapova :o

Groenefelder25
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:06 PM
oh my word, when people were calling this girl names, i thought they were mickying other haters. this really is pathetic, if she just lost in the QF after having mp's, dont u think she might be a little upset? give the poor girl a break.

rottweily
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:07 PM

Her serial number is BBBBBB02 .
Sharapova is BBBBBB01 .

LoveFifteen
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
people people people, the problem is the jerkface reporters asking this kind of question. they know that it is insensitive and just want to get under her skin. GOOD ON YA NICOLE!!!

Since when does asking someone how they think the semifinals will turn out qualify as being insensitive and rude?! :rolleyes:

Vaidisova's emotion chip is justifiably set on "negative" after a painful loss, but this candid answer just reveals that she's not only self-centered, but also unable to see that tennis extends beyond herself. Someone who loves the history, artistry and passion of tennis doesn't say, "I never follow once I'm out. I don't care." This answer just solidifies my opinion of her. She's not someone who grew up loving tennis and dreaming of athletic glory; she's just playing tennis to make money.

A manufactured response from a manufactured tennis player.

Farina Elia Fan
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
so bitchy!

.david.
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:23 PM
and?:shrug:

Nothing wrong. She is upest. Cant really blame her. Its not like she has to care who wins it now.

Jirku
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:30 PM
:rolleyes: @ the reactions for saying the truth

why should she care about it ?

Craigy
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I can't believe people are getting so worked up about this. It's a little bit sad if you ask me.

Beny
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:34 PM
I agree with the last three posters...

Does she have to care??..it seems that she does otherwise she`s a bitch here...

Melly Flew Us
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:36 PM
it is the truth.
it is bitchy.
so what?

i think that saying she still has respect for amelie, thereby implying that she thinks amelie is her bitch, is worse. but that is my opinion.

LoveFifteen
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
why should she care about it ?

Did you grow up loving tennis? Do you not consider Grand Slam finals to be potentially historical matches? If you were good enough to play professional tennis, would you not give a fuck about who did what at Slams anymore? Is it too much to ask professional tennis players to care about their sport a little beyond their own involvement? Could you imagine Sabatini, Sanchez-Vicario, Pierce and Zvereva at the 1992 French Open saying something like, "I didn't even bother to watch the Seles-Graf final. I don't ever watch tennis once I lose and I don't care either ... oh, what's that you say? It was a historically epic match that ended 10-8 in the third. Whatever! I was watching reruns of Cheers and reading some of the clauses in my Whirlpool endorsement contract."

Andy.
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:52 PM
So what I would be pissed off and wouldnt care either, plenty of players have said the same. Why should they care.

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Wonder how many threads will be created for such a bitchy statement. :fiery:, just kidding. I could really care less. People on these boards must be :angel: because they'd let people say anything to them and they'd just turn the other cheek and smile.

Serval
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Neptune
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Did you grow up loving tennis? Do you not consider Grand Slam finals to be potentially historical matches? If you were good enough to play professional tennis, would you not give a fuck about who did what at Slams anymore? Is it too much to ask professional tennis players to care about their sport a little beyond their own involvement? Could you imagine Sabatini, Sanchez-Vicario, Pierce and Zvereva at the 1992 French Open saying something like, "I didn't even bother to watch the Seles-Graf final. I don't ever watch tennis once I lose and I don't care either ... oh, what's that you say? It was a historically epic match that ended 10-8 in the third. Whatever! I was watching reruns of Cheers and reading some of the clauses in my Whirlpool endorsement contract."

This is just wrong to think like that.A professional tennis player can have the same approach of tennis as a fan may have.Simply because they know 95% of the girls on the circuit and they're training every day.They're not thinking about the historical context.Only a fan think about that.

They're concerned about their practice session and their game.

LoveFifteen
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:03 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/tennisfan1981/nicoleface.jpg

joz
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:04 AM
What''s wrong with that comment? I've played plenty of tournaments and I remember NOT who went on to win the tournament after I was out. Other than... the two guys who beat me in the first round in three sets, who went on to win the tournaments. Of course I remember that... I guess that's a false way of coping and thinking I should have been in the final.

But really... who does care... When you lose you simply pack up your tent and move to the next city... You get out the wine... dance a jig ... and say... Who beat me... was there really a tournament? I would bet most of the top 20 would scratch their heads and guess wrong at who the semfinalist were at this year's Austrilian....

Bruno71
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:07 AM
WTABitchWorld

MatchpointPRT
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:08 AM
i don´t see anything wrong in what she said...

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Since when does asking someone how they think the semifinals will turn out qualify as being insensitive and rude?! :rolleyes:

Vaidisova's emotion chip is justifiably set on "negative" after a painful loss, but this candid answer just reveals that she's not only self-centered, but also unable to see that tennis extends beyond herself. Someone who loves the history, artistry and passion of tennis doesn't say, "I never follow once I'm out. I don't care." This answer just solidifies my opinion of her. She's not someone who grew up loving tennis and dreaming of athletic glory; she's just playing tennis to make money.

A manufactured response from a manufactured tennis player.

You say you understand that she is upset, but then you infer she doesn't care about the sport (even though she is upset)? :scratch: Isn't that like a little ( a lot actually) far-fetched? Anyone who is focused on their own performance then is self-centered. :shrug:

Craigy
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:12 AM

Reuchlin says: Take a chill pill. :hearts:

Lunaris
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:16 AM
So if it wasn't a Grand Slam where Nicole said that you wouldn't mind, correct?

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:17 AM
exactly ;) but folks in here prefer perfect ladies with perfect interviews and perfect attitude on and off the court
The same people that want perfection from these players will get on this board and spew all kinds of garbage about players they don't like or to someone that disagrees with them.

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:21 AM
I agree with the last three posters...

Does she have to care??..it seems that she does otherwise she`s a bitch here...
She doesn't have to care, she just has to lie and pretend she does. :tape: you'd think some of the people on this board are Mother Theresa, her self. Geez, the girl didn't kill anyone, she said what was on her mine.

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Reuchlin says: Take a chill pill. :hearts:
:lol::lol::lol:

schorsch
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM
hmm, she was pretty nice and fair in the rest of the interview and this is really a diplomatic way not to answer the question... so no probs for me.

LoveFifteen
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:27 AM
You say you understand that she is upset, but then you infer she doesn't care about the sport (even though she is upset)? :scratch: Isn't that like a little ( a lot actually) far-fetched? Anyone who is focused on their own performance then is self-centered. :shrug:

She's upset like a little brat who's just landed on Park Place with a hotel when she's already mortgaged her Marvin Gardens and sold Water Works. She cares about winning tennis matches and earning money. She doesn't care about the sport's history or artistry. She never watched a championship match as a child and felt the undeniable thrill of seeing poetry in motion played out on the court during a Championship final. For her, tennis will never transcend the economic. She doesn't want to contribute to tennis; she wants to use it.

LoveFifteen
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:30 AM
So if it wasn't a Grand Slam where Nicole said that you wouldn't mind, correct?

Look, if this were a one-off, I wouldn't care, but this quote embodies Vaidisova. She's a self-centered hack. Anyone who loved tennis wouldn't say this shit.

Donny
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:31 AM
She did come off as bitchy. Bitchy, imo, is when you intentionally go out of your way to sound offensive or direspectful. She could have easily said, "I'm not following the tournament right now." Instead, she said that professional tennis doesn't matter to her unless she's playing in it. Which makes it sound as if she's only playing for money. Which is highly possible, but nonetheless, she could've handled it better.

This statement doesn't even both me that much. What DID bother me was her leaving after she lost, without waiting for Ivanovic to finish packing her stuff. That shows a lack of direspect, for Ana and Wimbledon, imo.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:31 AM
She's upset like a little brat who's just landed on Park Place with a hotel when she's already mortgaged her Marvin Gardens and sold Water Works. She cares about winning tennis matches and earning money.

Who doesn't? And everyone cares about money to some degree, but why does Nicole care about it especially?

She doesn't care about the sport's history or artistry. She never watched a championship match as a child and felt the undeniable thrill of seeing poetry in motion played out on the court during a Championship final. For her, tennis will never transcend the economic. She doesn't want to contribute to tennis; she wants to use it.

Where are you getting this from I don't know. :confused:

GoDominique
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Mmmh my feeling is that LoveFifteen desperately needs something up his ***.

Derek.
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Look, if this were a one-off, I wouldn't care, but this quote embodies Vaidisova. She's a self-centered hack. Anyone who loved tennis wouldn't say this shit.

Your hate towards Nicole gets even more pathetic with each post.

You "think" you know so much about her when you don't even know shit. :weirdo:

Assuming things won't get you anywhere in life.

When was the last time yout got laid? :tape: You seem tense. :hug:

Craigy
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:44 AM

If she didn't love tennis she'd suck. She would barely be able to win a match.

Martian KC
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Hahahaha

-SheLL-
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:47 AM
SNAP.... Nicole makes me laugh :lol:

LoveFifteen
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:49 AM
You guys are right. I just need some good dick. I'm totally wrong about Nicole. She definitely got into tennis for the love of the game. Her passion for the sport is undeniable. Her refreshing and vivavious personality shine through both on the court and in the pressroom. She'll definitely continue to give back to tennis after retirement out of sheer love for the sport. If she hadn't been talented enough to make a living at tennis, she'd still be following the sport passionately and appreciating its artistry.

Craigy
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:52 AM
You guys are right. I just need some good dick. I'm totally wrong about Nicole. She definitely got into tennis for the love of the game. Her passion for the sport is undeniable. Her refreshing and vivavious personality shine through both on the court and in the pressroom. She'll definitely continue to give back to tennis after retirement out of sheer love for the sport. If she hadn't been talented enough to make a living at tennis, she'd still be following the sport passionately and appreciating its artistry.

:o Maybe you should get help for that.

Lunaris
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:55 AM
You don't know much about her. Nicole usually is very nice off-court. In czech media she's always pleasant and friendly, even in TV shows where the moderator was picking on her on purpose, she handled his nasty questions very well, was more than nice and showed great sense of humour. She always admits that she often gets very angry or upset on-court and also says that sometimes it isn't good for her game, but that doesn't make her a bitch. And she's been following tennis since she was a lil girl. Mainly Steffi Graf, since she lived in Germany when she was child. Maybe sometimes she is being a bit rough, but she is only 18 for fucks sake. Another thing is that media often twist her words and then she's being critisized for something she never said. And if she hadn't loved tennis she would not have got up at 6.00 am almost every day to be practicing until late afternoon for majority of her life.

Derek.
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Hahahaha

I love how you pop up in every thread about Nicole. :hearts:

Are you sure you aren't a fan? :awww:

Martian KC
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I love how you pop up in every thread about Nicole. :hearts:

Are you sure you aren't a fan? :awww:

No, I was just waiting for your attention.:kiss:

Fidello
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I think she's too young to be a bitch.

Donny
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:27 AM
I think she's too young to be a bitch.

She's 16. You must never have talked to girls at a university before. That age is the peak of bitchiness, imo.

master40
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:29 AM
.... eww.... I used to love Vaidisova when she began on the tour but now... Her game is so blahhh...

supergrunt
Nicole is 18.

ToeTag
She's 16.

Craigy
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:53 AM
.... eww.... I used to love Vaidisova when she began on the tour but now... Her game is so blahhh...

Her game is so blah? Have you watched her last two matches? Winners from the baseline. Winners from the serve. Winners from drop shots. Winners from volleys.
Hmm, blah. :p

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:03 AM
:weirdo:!!!!

Who gives a fuck if she feels that way. She just lost a heartbreaking match, what the hell do you expect?

Some people... :tape:

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:40 AM

mankind
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:01 AM
You people are so mean! Have you ever heard of a player who has just lost a match (when serving for it and having match points) in a tournament predict who is going to win - it's hard to think about those kinds of things.

heytennis
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:04 AM
I wouldn't care either. She will obviously see the results but why would she bother predicting anything and wasting time with that?

Chance
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:15 AM
nothing wrong with what she said....

Sam L
Jul 6th, 2007, 05:19 AM

What a bitch...

Larrybidd
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Come on people. Did you really expect that she would cheerfully speculate with you fans on who would win the semis, 30 minutes after she fully expected to be there with one swing of the racquet? Oh sure. Its kind of like asking a girl to speculate who she predicts is going to marry her ex-boyfriend, 30 minutes after he unexpectedly broke up with her. Talk about soul-less. The girl just lost the biggest match of her life. You think she might deserve a bit of a break here?

I'm always amazed at how supposedly intelligent people can take so seriously what players say so closely after a match. I don't know if Nikki is a nice person or not, but I do know I can't come to that conclusion from what she says in a post-match interview.

pav
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:16 AM
All you can ask of someone being interviewed is honesty, and the bugger got it. and those still calling the angelic one a mindless ball basher can't have watched some of her recent matches.

Hashim.
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM
whats new :shrug:

davidmario
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:05 PM
It's ok to be so bitchy when you ACHIEVED something like winning a GrandSlam or so...

Ceri
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:10 PM

zomg!!!!!!1
Loss or not - and for the record I like Nicole - if she enjoys tennis such comments don't do much for her at all. Sure she's out, sure, she's pissed at her loss but the 'I don't care, I won't watch now I'm not in it' line of thought not only devalues the achievements of players still in the draw but reveals a pretty blinkered world-view. I like it in that it shows she's passionate about winning, but it wouldn't have taken much for her to offer her predictions. But hey, she's young and she'll handle the media better in time. More interesting than 'no comment' I guess.

Привет
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Nicole (& other players) should be able to say how they truly feel. And you people really shouldn't care. :o

You're all just using this as another excuse to tell people, who probably don't care, that you hate Nicole Vaidisova.

If everyone realised that nobody else cares which players you hate, there wouldn't be so many dumb threads on wtaworld.

SharapovaFan16
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM
yea why should she care... on top of that she just got beat at wimbledon. would you rather her be honest about it, or throw some bullshit our way just to please the fans? give me a break.

Serval
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:44 PM
She needs to learn how to lose with dignity. Sharapova at least handles defeat with class.

SeaUrchin
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I support you Nicole. You should have won that match and you're more talented than Ivanovic. But you need a headcoach.

Nedved Rosicky
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:19 PM
she may be bitchy, :devil: but i like her attitude , why should Nicole have to discuss about other players? if she say someone will win, you guys must speak another bitchy thing to Nicole, that's GM style. never doubt it :lol:

saki
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I'm surprised at this thread because I was actually really impressed with her press conference. Particularly if you watch the video. She's disappointed but she could have been much more pissed off and bitchy than she was.

Princeza
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Told you, better not ask Nicole, her picks choke too

WTAfanatiks
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:53 PM
She's just lost out on the chance of a Wimbledon semifinal, most players in her situation would say something along the same lines.

I agree. Usually players don't care about other matches after losing a match, especially those who came close of winning it.

Slumpsova
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:00 PM
She's 16. You must never have talked to girls at a university before. That age is the peak of bitchiness, imo.
she is 18 actually :o

WTAfanatiks
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I'm surprised at this thread because I was actually really impressed with her press conference. Particularly if you watch the video. She's disappointed but she could have been much more pissed off and bitchy than she was.

Very true. I think she's maturing tournament by tournament. I think she handled her press conference really well. It's natural to sound dis-interested after a disappointing loss. I think if the press would ask her today she would have given them her pick :lol:

IMO she was the better player against Ana that day. She was the one in control right from the beginning. Too bad she wasn't able to closed it out. Anybody in her shoes would have felt the same way. Too close and yet too far...

At least she didn't looked and sounded like Anna Chakvetadze on her press conference at the French Open after losing to Sharapova!:lol:

-Sonic-
Jul 7th, 2007, 01:41 AM

Best. Post. Ever.

I may have just woken up my neighbours laughing. Congrats :p

backhanddtl4
Jul 7th, 2007, 02:02 AM
that's what most players would say... i've actually heard many say something like that.

delicatecutter
Jul 7th, 2007, 04:02 AM
I am way late for this thread, but I had to say something. :angel:

I'm not surprised that Vaidisova would make such comments. She has a lot of class, that one.

However, I am surprised that I didn't get my meltdown dream. It seems all she did was smash her racket whilst up a set and a break?? And storm off the court? Not surprising, but I wasn't expecting so much restraint from her. It looks like she's improving her behavior, much to my disappointment. I honestly expected Centre Court to go up in flames after her losing 3 MPs. Oh well. I did take comfort in the fact that she looked on the verge of tears on the handshake. And Ana told her "good match".. Aww I love my Ana. Gracious in victory and defeat. Nicole would have been like, "Nice choke."

Harvs
Jul 7th, 2007, 04:35 AM
wat is wrong with this comment? if ur out of the tourny, ur most likely not going to follow it... i remember serena said almost the exact same thing a few years back when she lost in a semi...

y do people get so worked up over such normal fkn comments?

victory1
Jul 7th, 2007, 05:49 AM
She did better then I would have done if I was asked this question after losing in the Quarters of Wimbledon after having 3MP. My answer would have been "No one should win, I'm hoping it will rain 40 days and 40 night!"

Coffee&TV
Jul 7th, 2007, 06:50 AM
I'm loving it! :devil:

Nedved Rosicky
Jul 7th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Very true. I think she's maturing tournament by tournament. I think she handled her press conference really well. It's natural to sound dis-interested after a disappointing loss. I think if the press would ask her today she would have given them her pick :lol:

IMO she was the better player against Ana that day. She was the one in control right from the beginning. Too bad she wasn't able to closed it out. Anybody in her shoes would have felt the same way. Too close and yet too far...

At least she didn't looked and sounded like Anna Chakvetadze on her press conference at the French Open after losing to Sharapova!:lol:

I agree with you, Anna's RG interview is classic. she's a little devil :devil:

gmak
Jul 7th, 2007, 09:20 AM
i wouldn't care either if i was Nicole :shrug:

give her a break, who would've said anything different? :rolleyes:

aussie_fan
Jul 7th, 2007, 09:36 AM
She doesn't have to care, i don't see what the big problem is. She might actually not enjoy watching tennis. It doesn't neccessary mean she's a bitch.

DimaDinosaur
Jul 7th, 2007, 09:36 AM
if she wasn't white and blonde, people here wouldn't even bother to defend her comments