PDA

View Full Version : Martina N on Justine's coaching: You can't help yourself. You do what you have to do.

kelgers
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Martina N even said she would do the same and coach. People won't change until they get fined, according to her.

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
they kind of have the same type of personality.:rolleyes:

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:37 PM
and she complains about serena's come ons??

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
they kind of have the same type of personality.:rolleyes:
What are we supposed to read between the lines????? What do you know about their personnalities to begin with?? Have you ever met/talk to them??

Anyway, I can't believe some people are still trying to make a big deal of it like a day after!!! Seriously!!!
Before each of Justine's match, I could predict what Carlos would say to her : attack the net!! attack the net!! attack the net!!
Geeez, he always always says that, and Justine knows it!! He's just encouraging his player.

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Martina is a crusty old fart who is bitter that the limelight is off her. She has no beef with Juju because jujue is kinda mousey and stays in her place...She wants Serena's life so bad...:tape:

John.
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:42 PM
She wouldn't be saying that if she was still playing :rolleyes:

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Martina is a crusty old fart who is bitter that the limelight is off her. She has no beef with Juju because jujue is kinda mousey and stays in her place...She wants Serena's life so bad...:tape:

Martina is a legend who has won a lot more than Serena ever will. I highly doubt she would trade her life for Serena's. But if it makes you feel good to think the opposite, good for you:wavey:

I can't believe I'm even bothering answering such childish posts...

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I wonder what she'd have to say if it was Serena being coached?

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM
She may not trade her titles but she wants the popularity that Serena has. She couldn't get it while Chris was around and it was obvious that it bothered her. She expected a Sampras send off.

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM
this is a justine thread. thanks :)

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:55 PM

Yeah, we know it, Serena's the victim, there's some huge conspiracy working against her, and evrybody is a racist.
We've heard the story already!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I mean, seriously!! Are you 12 or something??

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM
It's not going to happen here. You can't have a sister thread when people who hate the them keep people popping up in their threads. It would be nice but it's not going to happen.

disco_rage
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Oh please, Richard Williams was stood up talking nearly all the way thru the match.

I think the WTA needs to make its mind up either coaching is illegal and players lose points or something and they stop the coachs coming onto court, or they say okay let it happen.

I think its pretty hard to tell what is actual coaching and what is just someone encourgaing their player. I mean obv in the Justine case it was obvious, but players could have any number of secret little jestures.. who would know?

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
this is a justine thread. thanks :)

Then get the f$ck out

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
She may not trade her titles but she wants the popularity that Serena has. She couldn't get it while Chris was around and it was obvious that it bothered her. She expected a Sampras send off.

Suuuuuuuuuure . Martina sure seems to care a lot about fame and popularity :lol: :lol: :lol: .

That may come as a surprise to you, but some people don't rate popularity that high, and actually don't even care. You can bet Martina is one of those. She got what she wanted : the titles. She meant business, a bit like Lendl. But I bet Lendl was envious of his peers ' popularity too, right??

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah, we know it, Serena's the victim, there's some huge conspiracy working against her, and evrybody is a racist.
We've heard the story already!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I mean, seriously!! Are you 12 or something??

Martina has been very critical of Serena this year; you know that- and I never said any of those things. And why do you bring Serena's race into eveything? Are you a racist?

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
are you serious? i mean this thread was opened to discuss martina n.'s comment on justine and her coach. so stick to that first.

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:01 PM
:haha:
what a great comment!

Stavie
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Then get the f$ck out

why the hell do you appear in every thread that Justine's name is mentioned like a bloody annoying pop-up window? :silly:

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Oh please, Richard Williams was stood up talking nearly all the way thru the match.

I think the WTA needs to make its mind up either coaching is illegal and players lose points or something and they stop the coachs coming onto court, or they say okay let it happen.

I think its pretty hard to tell what is actual coaching and what is just someone encourgaing their player. I mean obv in the Justine case it was obvious, but players could have any number of secret little jestures.. who would know?

Richard has never coached Serena.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:04 PM
;11139816']why the hell do you appear in every thread that Justine's name is mentioned like a bloody annoying pop-up window? :silly:

I came into the thread because I had to say that Martina has been over-critical of Serena but yet condones Justine's coaching.

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:05 PM
no, he didnt look to the sky telling her that it was going to rain when serena was playing daniela... nah... and he doesnt constantly talk while standing...

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:06 PM
That is not coaching.

schorsch
sure, i'm sure the one that opened the thread wanted to know just that. and his topic was discussed pretty well, huh. how about the rest of the top 100 anyone feeling like adding their comments on the rest, too?

supergrunt
Coaching is when you hold up four fingers or tell your player to hit it to your opponents forehand.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM
sure, i'm sure the one that opened the thread wanted to know just that. and his topic was discussed pretty well, huh. how about the rest of the top 100 anyone feeling like adding their comments on the rest, too?

Just stop replying. Shut up. The thread starter didn't want peoeple's opinions?

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM
about justine.. i dont know they just have to look at each other and juju knows what he wants to tell her, coz they know each other so well. but you know nearly everyone does that to a certain point and i guess you really cant do anything about as long as the wta doesnt wanna make clearer rules.

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Just stop replying. Shut up. The thread starter didn't want peoeple's opinions?

people's opinions = yes
people's opinions on ther topics = most probably no

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Whatever. You are just so pro-coaching because Maria does the same exact thing... didn't help her though.

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:12 PM
stop talking if you dont want to add something about juju and martina n.'s comment on her.

kelgers
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:13 PM
this thread is becoming too funny :lol: how the hell did maria's name get in here :confused:

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Well we are talking about women's tennis here.

schorsch
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
also, i guess that in women's tennis its much harder to sort of accuse somebody of coaching and then really do something about it. i mean heaps of girls bring people with them who are really close to them and who they trust a lot. so causing trouble there could result into something terrible. for justine i guess it would be devasting not having him around, because he calms her down just by being there.

jujufreak
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Coaching is when you hold up four fingers or tell your player to hit it to your opponents forehand.

so when Richard held up three fingers to Serena, what was that :) ?

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Martina has been very critical of Serena this year; you know that- and I never said any of those things. And why do you bring Serena's race into eveything? Are you a racist?

Look, Martina is critical of EVERY player when she feels they're not doing the right thing. She's been critical of Justine too before.
But a lot of Serena 's fans seems to think it' a sin to adress critics at the Holy and Mighty Serena Williams. When it happens, you would always hear things such as " double-standards" , " that's not fair", and all.

And I do not bring Serena's race into everything, just some of her fans certainly do, and in the same sense as they have to find a reason why someone dare to criticize the mighty Serena Williams, like it's the only rationnal explanation why some people would criticize her.

In this case, she's not even criticizing Serena, yet you and some others still find a way to make it personal, and speaks of Martina as she's taking a cheap attack on her. I mean, seriously!!! What's your problem!! Why do you enjoy that victim's position so much ???

Are you 12 or something?
Ok I think I've got my answer.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:16 PM
But he shouldn't give her advice and walk her through the match.. encouragment, yes.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:17 PM
so when Richard held up three fingers to Serena, what was that :) ?

That meant three more points.. not tactics.

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Why did M think she would get a big send off like Pete. Why would she be disappointed about that. Everytime a special is on about her there's talk about how it was Chris that was popular and getting this and that.

I didn't even know these things until those specials.

supergrunt
Look, Martina is critical of EVERY player when she feels they're not doing the right thing. She's been critical of Justine too before.
But a lot of Serena 's fans seems to think it' a sin to adress critics at the Holy and Mighty Serena Williams. When it happens, you would always hear things such as " double-standards" , " that's not fair", and all.

And I do not bring Serena's race into everything, just some of her fans certainly do, and in the same sense as they have to find a reason why someone dare to criticize the mighty Serena Williams, like it's the only rationnal explanation why some people would criticize her.

In this case, she's not even criticizing Serena, yet you and some others still find a way to make it personal, and speaks of Martina as she's taking a cheap attack on her. I mean, seriously!!! What's your problem!! Why do you enjoy that victim's position so much ???

I just didn't understand how she could condone Justine's coaching but not Serena's come-ons. Sorry.

Stavie

wow dont waste so much time and energy for the troll! ;)
cant you see whats written under his username?

Stavie
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I just didn't understand how she could condone Justine's coaching but not Serena's come-ons. Sorry.

cuz you're too stupid! :crazy:

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:21 PM
You guys get angry when I speak the truth and you insult me and tell me to shut up. :shrug: Sorry, but if you can't handle it, put me on ignore. :)

Stavie
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM
You guys get angry when I speak the truth and you insult me and tell me to shut up. :shrug: Sorry, but if you can't handle it, put me on ignore. :)

oh sweetheart we understand that you spent the night crying about Serena but now you have to stop being such a cry baby here.:)

pleased now?

Im not a bitch.Some posters make me ...

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Oh, I didn't shed a tear. :lol: Bartoli would have beaten Serena without a backhand on one leg.

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:33 PM
OMG Supergrunt you 're killing me :lol: :lol:

That is not coaching.
I don't even know why I'm bothering answering but : any indication that a coach gives his/her player that may help him/her take an advantage is considered coaching. Therefore that waith for the rain-thing is considered coaching.
Like we needed that anyway!! Like Richard never stand up doing all kind of siigns anyway:tape:

Please, Lord, forgive me for daring to criticize the holy and mighty Serena Williams!!

Vamos.
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:35 PM
This is the kind of pathetically biased treatment that number ones (or anyone who most of the commentators happen to gush over) get. Sharapova gets crucified for it. Nadal gets crucified for it.

Oh, for Henin, it is fine. Because she is Henin and has a "beautiful" game and, therefore, can do no wrong.

Pathetic.

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Why did M think she would get a big send off like Pete. Why would she be disappointed about that. Everytime a special is on about her there's talk about how it was Chris that was popular and getting this and that.

I didn't even know these things until those specials.

Maybe, just maybe, media's concern about superficial things such as popularity isn't any of Martina's concerns??

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
The rain happened about five seconds before Serena served. I think it would have been called anyway. And what an insult to Serena; you don't think she knew that it was going to rain. And what he did is nothing compared to what Carlos does, giving her instructions on how to serve and where to hit the ball. Serena didn't get anything like that.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:37 PM
This is the kind of pathetically biased treatment that number ones (or anyone who most of the commentators happen to gush over) get. Sharapova gets crucified for it. Nadal gets crucified for it.

Oh, for Henin, it is fine. Because she is Henin and has a "beautiful" game and, therefore, can do no wrong.

Pathetic.

I just think that Navrat. likes Justine so much.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I'm done.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I can't battle all of the Justine fans in one thread, by myself. Too annoying. :lol:

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM

What the hell does Serena's come-ons have to do with Carlos' so called coaching?? Seriously!!

Again, why do you feel the need to put Serena as the victim here, cause there's absolutely NO POINT linking those two things!!! If you tell me why you always have to behave like that I'll stop arguing but I just want to know!!

Stavie
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM
omfg dont leave us like that! ( 2 fans :lol: )

retard

Thanx4nothin
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I can't stand the woman's comments this year even though i have a mountain of respect for her.

kelgers
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM
The point here is not to battle against other posters, but rather to discuss whether Martina's statement has validity or not. It's important to point out it's one thing if you "can't help yourself" but it's another thing to break the rules. However, Martina did point out that fines should be imposed. Otherwise, illegal coaching would continue without a doubt.

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:47 PM
im not jumping into you lots little private argument but i think the difference between the williams' and henin's coaching is that venus and serena (especially venus, venus never does...) dont really look to their father for coaching or anything...i think we all saw justine not just looking at carlos once or twice but im sure it was at least thirty times on the change of ends...one of the change of ends just showed justine looking at her coach, clenching her fist or nodding her head and then quickly looking back ito space to be descreet...she didnt know how obvious she was being...THEN...he told his son to start doing sighns for him and cheering her on...then it showed justine looking at him and shaking her head as if she wanted to be his only focus...it was very bizarre..

misael
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Martina always had a problem with players making noise .In 1992 when she played Monica Seles in Wimbeldon semis she complained constantly about Monica's grunting ,Monica was not allowed to grunt during the Final,And during the French Open she said Justine was completely wrong in 2003,and that the French crowd has always been unfair to Serena...Martina always spoke her mind.

HippityHop
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Suuuuuuuuuure . Martina sure seems to care a lot about fame and popularity :lol: :lol: :lol: .

That may come as a surprise to you, but some people don't rate popularity that high, and actually don't even care. You can bet Martina is one of those. She got what she wanted : the titles. She meant business, a bit like Lendl. But I bet Lendl was envious of his peers ' popularity too, right??

Lendl who? :confused: :devil:

kelgers
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Ivan Lendl, I think.

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:36 PM
She cares...:lol:

Martina really relates to Henin. Overall a good player but not that popular.

nozaroc
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I love Martina! A legend. She still has such a passion for the game she's not afraid of making some controversial statements. Although, I'm not really sure what's controversial about this one. She's stating the obvious. That coaching is widespread, that by not doing it you may be giving yourself a disadvantage (if you're the kind that needs coaching), and that the only way to deal with it is to allow it or make it too costly for all players to risk doing it.

Somewhat unrelated: Tennis is a game of tradition, and that's good. But really, it's probably the only major sport that doesn't allow coaching. If it improves gameplay, maybe coaching isn't such a bad idea.

rod99
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM
That meant three more points.. not tactics.

richard was actually referring to how high he could count.

harloo
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:34 PM

Pathetic.

This truly shows how biased Martina has become over the years. She has lost every bit of respect I had for her with these comments. God forbid Serena, Venus or Maria doing something of this nature the hag would be all over it. :rolleyes:

partbrit
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I think Martina is being realistic. What player, in an important moment, is going to turn her back on help? I'm not saying it's right--I'm saying it's absolutely realistic.

What I want to know is what happened to Wimbledon's promise to be oh, so strict about coaching from the stands?

And however much one disagrees with Martina M. (and I disagree with her about a lot of things), there is no reason whatever to attack her age.

treufreund
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Richard is CONSTANTLY coaching the williams. especially with tips on gamesmanship LOL. Martina is right. coaching should be made legal

Melly Flew Us
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:09 PM
stop talking if you dont want to add something about juju and martina n.'s comment on her.
aren't you of an age where you still have to write essays or do exams?

what do you write when the essay title asks you to discuss a topic - don't you compare and contrast? coz if you don't that is a tip for better grades.

harloo
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Richard is CONSTANTLY coaching the williams. especially with tips on gamesmanship LOL. Martina is right. coaching should be made legal

Liar.
Richard has been accused of alot of things and rightfully so but he has NEVER if rarely been accused of illegal coaching. :rolleyes:

Melly Flew Us
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM
.... And I do not bring Serena's race into everything, just some of her fans....

but you've mentioned it 2 out of 3 times so far.

Melly Flew Us
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:21 PM
.... Im not a bitch.Some posters make me ...
if you think that is bitchy you have a lot of bitterness to soak up and a few more cutting techniques to learn.

rottweily
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Correct :p

Realtennis
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Her standing in the tennis world as to popularity is and always will be higher than Serena's!

Realtennis
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Liar.
Richard has been accused of alot of things and rightfully so but he has NEVER if rarely been accused of illegal coaching. :rolleyes:
True. He just stands up in the friends box with his BIG ASS in his daughter's opponents mother's face and starts jumping up and down and talking crazy shit..............unbelievably low class and inconsiderate!
A major embarrassment to black people the whole world over, LOL!!!!

raquel
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Martina said something very different on BBC yesterday to Sue Barker. She was talking about the match and said something about how the WTA/ITF needs to police the coaching better or let them be coached on court like at some regular events because it was very obvious. Justine's not alone though and you'd be naive to think a lot of players don't get signals.

hectopascal
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:24 AM

I didn't know this thread was about Serena? ;) (Sorry couldnt help myself!)

Stavie
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:00 AM
if you think that is bitchy you have a lot of bitterness to soak up and a few more cutting techniques to learn.

honey you can use multiquote... we really dont need to see your silly posts in a row :kiss:

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:04 AM

I think the point is: Serena can't scream come on..but it's okay for Justine to receive coaching??

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:13 AM
DUH! :p

Petersmiler
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Wow a thread about Justine, and take away the Serena fans posts (and the replies) and you're left with very little.

It's a bit like the desperate 'Serena is the best' thread doing the rounds.

Serena lost. Get over it.

And on the subject, as it was Serena's backhand that was hampered, why on earth would Carlos be telling Justine to hit to her forehand?

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:31 AM
And on the subject, as it was Serena's backhand that was hampered, why on earth would Carlos be telling Justine to hit to her forehand?

It's a no brainer. If she breaks the forehand down, Serena's got nothing. Carlos was going for the humilation. Justine was playing the percentages.

pigam
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
It's a no brainer. If she breaks the forehand down, Serena's got nothing. Carlos was going for the humilation. Justine was playing the percentages.

have some of you actually considered the thought that Justine and Carlos don't even talk about "forehand". They speak French.
Carlos said: "à la vollée à la vollée". Go to the net go to the net. He says this every match. Is it coaching? Yes. Should they fine him? yes.

Bruno71
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:21 AM

If Carlos was going for the humiliation, he sure didn't get his wish from Justine.

supergrunt
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Do you mean becuase Serena couldn't hit a backhand? Because I think that her serve and backhand are pretty good too.