PDA

View Full Version : All trends point towards a Venus Victory.

S_Fahad
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:10 PM
AO-Williams
RG-Henin
Wim-Williams

AO-William
RG-Henin
Wim-Williams

AO-Williams
RG-Henin
Wim-Williams???

The semi final lineup looks pretty similar to the AO this year, especially if Nicole had won. Williams vs a teenager in the semis, with the winner to play the top seed in the final. Assuming ofcourse that Justine wins against Bartoli,

Also, Each time Justine Henin has won a warm up grass court event, she has went on to lose in the final at Wimbledon.
2001-Won Ordina Open, Lost in Wimbledon Final to V.Williams
2006-Won Eastbourne, Lost in the final at Wimbledon to A.Mauresmo
2007, Won Eastbourne...... Runnerup again???

Another stat, the last 3 times Justine Henin won an event a week before a GS, she lost in the final.
2006 Won Sydney, RUP at AO
2006 Won Eastbournce, RUP at Wimbledon
2006 Won New Haven, RUP at USO.
The only exception was 2004, where she won Sydney and AO back to back. Before that, she won Ordina Open in 2001 a week before Wimbledon and went on to lose in the final of the Championships.

Looks like a Venus-Justine final ,with Venus winning her fourth Wimbledon.

mdterp01
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
LOOKS GOOD TO ME!! Add to the fact that Venus is 5-0 in Wimbledon semifinals, has only lost to her sister in the final, and clearly feels more comfortable playing on Centre Court.

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:43 PM
It would be nice but people seems to think it's Henin time.

Mikey B
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
yeh i noticed that too!! dont show it to justine though! interesting to see if this trend will continue... isnt there also a trend in the years that you highlighted that a belgium player won the us open that year?? justine in 03, kim in 05 and it seems more likely that justine could win the us open this year over any other belgium players...

i really do believe in tennis history repeating itself... just happens so, so often!

Ballbasher
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I think she'll win

GoDominique
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Meaningless.

MistyGrey
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Interesting..

chloe-l
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Meaningless.

Agreed.:)

trufanjay
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:01 PM
The way Venus is playing points toward a Venus victory!

sammy01
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
i think more relevent is venus's form and H2H with justine which i think is very good but cant remember exactly what it is (btw sorry bortoli for discounting you but i realy dont think you have a chance but i like you!)

Stavie
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:09 PM
thats stupid :confused:
Justine will say :"Yeah I have to lose,or else there wont be that order...." :rolleyes:

John.
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
There are still 2 matches to be played before the final. All these threads will be meaningless if Venus or Juju lose.

nhissan
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
There are still 2 matches to be played before the final. All these threads will be meaningless if Venus or Juju lose.

:tape:

Helen Lawson
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I don't need trends. I have eyes.

PLP
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Yes, and that would be awesome!!!

Still Ana will have something to say about that I think. For me the Ana/Venus match could be the match of the tournament and if Ana has her head on straight this match is going to go all the way to the wire. I think JuJu will get past Bartoli pretty easily but she is going to have her hands full with either Ana or Venus.

S_Fahad
Jul 7th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I was right! ;)
Except that Justine lost to Bartoli :eek: