PDA

View Full Version : A LIFE OFF THE COURT: Venus to graduate

Marcell
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:38 PM
A LIFE OFF THE COURT: Venus to graduate ... after a fashion

In the world of tennis, Venus Williams has designs on a third Wimbledon singles title.
Especially after defeating Maria Sharapova on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals.

Off the court, she takes classes in fashion design at the Art Institute of Florida and has an interior design company, V Starr Interiors.

''I finish this year,'' she told Sports Illustrated of school. ''I will be throwing a huge party! A pre-party, an after-party and an after-after-party, because I've been in school a long time [since 2000]. I'll have an associate's degree in fashion design.''

As if she needs that to be successful.

''We do projects all over,'' she said of her design firm, based in Jupiter, Fla. ''I love interior design because it's always changing. It's like tennis. Every point's different, every opponent's different, every venue's different.''

Williams has been romantically linked recently with golfer Hank Kuehne.

Of the possibility of marriage and children, she said:

''Right now I don't understand kids. It doesn't fit into my life. So I can't be birthing.

''I guess I can understand the value of marriage. If I find the right person, I guess I'd say, 'I do.' But if you asked me that last year, I would've been like, 'Are you serious? I don't want to get married.' I'm getting a little wiser.''

CORIA01
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:32 PM
cool for her
with or without a degree she would have been successfull!

winone23
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Congrats Venus what a long hard fight!