PDA

View Full Version : WIMBY SF -- Ana Ivanovic (6) vs. Venus Williams (23) WHO WILL WIN?

venusdemilo
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Ana or Venus?

saki
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Not sure. Both have big serves. It'll be whoever takes their breakpoint chances. Venus hasn't been too great at that in her last couple of matches but, then, Ana may get nervous. We'll see.

#Beautiful Lie#
Well, i think Venus will win but I hope Ana.

winone23
Venus

V-MAC
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Venus seems to be on a roll right now so I think Ana would have to play unbelievable tennis to topple her. Vee to win in straights :bounce:

Viktymise
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
When you compare the level of the 2 matches today, Venus - Kuznetsova was a much higher standard match. If Venus keeps playing the way she's playing she will win in 2 sets, Ivanovic does not have the speed to trouble Venus if she's playing well

Bijoux0021
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Venus will win 6-3 6-3.

mdterp01
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:18 PM
If Venus plays the way she did against Maria and Sveta, Venus in 2. Venus has never lost to anyone on Centre Court but Serena. It hard to go against Venus at this late stage at Wimbledon. She has clearly turned a corner and has her eyes firmly set on title #4.

Demska
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Ana in 3.

Venus had played amazing, but I think we will go back to crappy Venus.

saki
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
When you compare the level of the 2 matches today, Venus - Kuznetsova was a much higher standard match. If Venus keeps playing the way she's playing she will win in 2 sets, Ivanovic does not have the speed to trouble Venus if she's playing well

Not really. Sveta made some really horrible UEs. Not shots that she hit out because she was on the run or wrong footed, shots that she was standing still for, had an open court, and still couldn't hit in. Neither Sveta nor Venus took their chances. Sveta was 1/7 on break points, Venus was something like 3/11. Once Sveta failed to take her break point chances at the very beginning of the match, she never looked like she had enough confidence in her shots.

Venus and Sveta between them hit 43 UEs in two sets. Ana and Nicole hit 60 in three sets. When you take into account that Ana and Nicole were on court for a lot longer, there's not much in that.

But I agree that speed is a key advantage for Venus.

V-MAC
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
If Venus plays the way she did against Maria and Sveta, Venus in 2. Venus has never lost to anyone on Centre Court but Serena. It hard to go against Venus at this late stage at Wimbledon. She has clearly turned a corner and has her eyes firmly set on title #4.

:secret: .....and Sprem ;)

hollywood7172
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
while i do love me some venus, i have to say:

:bounce: :bounce: GO ANA!!:bounce: :bounce:

but if venus has a better chance of beating justine in the final, then go venus!! :D :devil:

:devil:

Lulu.
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Venus in straight sets.

Karsten Braasch
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Once again, Penus, just to big.

iWill
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I think it'll be tough for Ivanovic to derail Vee if she keeps her game up like these last 2 rounds

BUT if Ivanovic plays with no fear like in the FO SF then Vee won't have an easy win this match is interesting because I think Vee has the advantage and she is 5-0 in Wimbledon SF

this match will be a real test IMO to see if she can be consistent from round to round and I think not having a day off is helping her to keep playing well

Viktymise
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Not really. Sveta made some really horrible UEs. Not shots that she hit out because she was on the run or wrong footed, shots that she was standing still for, had an open court, and still couldn't hit in. Neither Sveta nor Venus took their chances. Sveta was 1/7 on break points, Venus was something like 3/11. Once Sveta failed to take her break point chances at the very beginning of the match, she never looked like she had enough confidence in her shots.

Venus and Sveta between them hit 43 UEs in two sets. Ana and Nicole hit 60 in three sets. When you take into account that Ana and Nicole were on court for a lot longer, there's not much in that.

But I agree that speed is a key advantage for Venus.

Kuznetsova played a really good match, she made those UE's because she had to go for more because of Venus's defensive skills, Ivanovic and Vaidisova were making errors on the 1st and 2nd stroke of the rally time and time again, Ivanovic only looked impressive in the 2nd set, and at 5-3 in the 3rd, other than that Vaidisova had her number but choked, both her in the minus category with winners and UE's at the end of the match, if Venus plays the way she's played in her last 2 matches, Ivanovic has no chance, if Venus lets her level drop down, then Ivanovic has a chance, its as simple as that

Serval
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Hopefully Ana and Sven can come up with something special :drool:

mygirlV
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Technically she did not lose against Sprem;) It was gifted:devil:

venus_rulez
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Venus in straights. I think this match will be closer than her last two, but she'll be super confident cause it's late in a slam, she's never lost to Ana, and she has way better grass court credentials and has had to face tougher opposition. I think for Ana to even have a chance in this match she'll have to get a lot of help from Venus.

Coffee&TV
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I'm really hoping it would be Ana. :banana: Come on Ana!

saki
Kuznetsova played a really good match, she made those UE's because she had to go for more because of Venus's defensive skills, Ivanovic and Vaidisova were making errors on the 1st and 2nd stroke of the rally time and time again, Ivanovic only looked impressive in the 2nd set, and at 5-3 in the 3rd, other than that Vaidisova had her number but choked, both her in the minus category with winners and UE's at the end of the match, if Venus plays the way she's played in her last 2 matches, Ivanovic has no chance, if Venus lets her level drop down, then Ivanovic has a chance, its as simple as that

Nah, a couple of times Venus was outside the sidelines with absolutely no chance of getting a ball back and Sveta still hit it out. She wasn't scared of Venus' retrieving, she was just being Sveta.

Venus was +3 on winners minus unforced errors. Ana was +9. :p

If they both serve as well as they can, it'll come down to who blinks first and who takes their chances.

PamShriverRockz

:yeah: I agree.

winone23
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Venus in straights. I think this match will be closer than her last two, but she'll be super confident cause it's late in a slam, she's never lost to Ana, and she has way better grass court credentials and has had to face tougher opposition. I think for Ana to even have a chance in this match she'll have to get a lot of help from Venus.

Yeah I have a feeling the match will be close too.

DragonFlame
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
venus all the way. Somehow i have the feeling the justine-venus final is destined to happen.

Effy
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Venus 62 63

V-MAC
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Hopefully Ana and Sven can come up with something special :drool:

What the hell has Sven goran Eriksson got to do with the match? :confused:

Viktymise
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Nah, a couple of times Venus was outside the sidelines with absolutely no chance of getting a ball back and Sveta still hit it out. She wasn't scared of Venus' retrieving, she was just being Sveta.

If they both serve as well as they can, it'll come down to who blinks first and who takes their chances.

lol sorry i misread the stats, still if they serve as they have been serving and returning as they have been returning, Venus will win

V-MAC
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:34 PM
venus all the way. Somehow i have the feeling the justine-venus final is destined to happen.

me too. It would mark 6 years since they last met here and what a way it would be for Henin to seal her first Wimbly title, the only slam that eludes her, with a win over the same player who beat her in her first ever slam final all those years ago :scared: Oh dear...hope that isn't the outcome :lol:

Serioja
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Venus in 2 sets !

SharapovaFan16
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:36 PM
venus can play bad and still win this match. this is a wasted thread. Ivanovic has 0 chance.

saki
lol sorry i misread the stats, still if they serve as they have been serving and returning as they have been returning, Venus will win

On pure ability, I agree with you. But Venus really doesn't seem to be taking her BP chances.. I think she'll have to do better than 3/11 against Ana if Ana is serving well.

I don't really mind who wins this, to be honest.

Viktymise
me too. It would mark 6 years since they last met here and what a way it would be for Henin to seal her first Wimbly title, the only slam that eludes her, with a win over the same player who beat her in her first ever slam final all those years ago :scared: Oh dear...hope that isn't the outcome :lol:

It could be the player that she played in her 1st slam final at Wimbledon, again denies her of the crown that eludes her :p

Mightymirza
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:37 PM
adje ana!!!

Mightymirza
i meant ajde :p

Viktymise
On pure ability, I agree with you. But Venus really doesn't seem to be taking her BP chances.. I think she'll have to do better than 3/11 against Ana if Ana is serving well.

I don't really mind who wins this, to be honest.

I agree, but to be fair, Sharapova and Kuznetsova came up with their best on the break points down

winone23
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:38 PM
venus can play bad and still win this match. this is a wasted thread. Ivanovic has 0 chance.

That's not true Ana does have a chance. I think you are trying to jinx Venus.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Winners -v- other players mean nothing, as we all know that Venus gets many of those balls back. The only stat that will matter When Venus and Ana play will be Veunus' ue's if she keeps them under 20 nobody can beat her.

Poova
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Venus in straights. Similar score to her match with Sveta.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Ana in 3 please :)

Leopold Stotch
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:40 PM
If her tennis matched her amazing strength of character then she'd be the favorite going into tomorrows semi but the tennis hasn't been anywhere near her best. Think Italy in the World Cup. That's Ana at this years Wimbledon. Hopefully with the same result at the end! I'm sure the sponsors and television viewers would like to see a new face (and what an adorable one it is) in the final and if she gets the same kind of support as she did today from the Wimbledon crowd it might rattle Venus.

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Venus in 3.

If she keeps her focus and serves well while staying agressive on returns of serve, Ana will be in trouble quickly.

Plus Venus will frustrate Ana with the amount of balls (that should have been winners)
that she will bring back onto the court. Hopefully, Venus will exploite Ana's movement.

Allez C'MON!!!!! :armed:

MagicMilan
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Venus is a big favourite, but IMO Nicole was too but Ana won :worship:
Good luck girl and keep that 1st serve percentage up ;)

ilovethewilliams
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Whoever wins just wants the winner to defeat Henin. I cant stand the thought of henin being called Wimbledon champion

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Venus better win...She didn't beat Maria just to lose and not get to the final.

But who knows.

selyoink
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Venus will crush her in two sets.

saki
Winners -v- other players mean nothing, as we all know that Venus gets many of those balls back. The only stat that will matter When Venus and Ana play will be Veunus' ue's if she keeps them under 20 nobody can beat her.

I was correcting the stat in lenavee's post. I agree that it isn't necessarily important.

Believe it or not, Venus will not be the only one on court. What Ana does will matter too. I think Venus will probably win but, if Ana can hold all or almost all of her service games (and with a serve like that, she could do), anything could happen.

MagicMilan
Whoever wins just wants the winner to defeat Henin. I cant stand the thought of henin being called Wimbledon champion
I'm afraid I agree :tape: I just hope the winner of Wimbledon comes from Vee & Ana match. btw don't count out Marion ;) :devil:

zayos_10
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Venus in 2 ‘cause her serve is on fire

winone23
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:53 PM
If her tennis matched her amazing strength of character then she'd be the favorite going into tomorrows semi but the tennis hasn't been anywhere near her best. Think Italy in the World Cup. That's Ana at this years Wimbledon. Hopefully with the same result at the end! I'm sure the sponsors and television viewers would like to see a new face (and what an adorable one it is) in the final and if she gets the same kind of support as she did today from the Wimbledon crowd it might rattle Venus.

Venus has never been rattled by a crowd. I think a Venus/Justine final would be much better than a Ana/Justine final, plus I'm still traumatized from the FO final.

venus_rulez
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:54 PM

Plus to be fair, Vaidisova doesn't have near the defensive skills or experience that Venus has

mckyle.
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:55 PM
From what I've noticed, if Venus keeps the ball low then Ana will dump it into the net. Ana really needs the ball at a certain height to knock the shit out of it and grass doesn't give her the bounce. I noticed it a lot in her match against Vaidisova.

~Carsten~
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:56 PM
well If Venus is playing like today or against Maria she will win in 2!

stefi62
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Ana in 3

woosey
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:59 PM
if v is playing well on such a big occasion, ana will accept spectator status like she did against justine at the french.

go v.

TennisGuy21
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Venus- =) of course!

:inlove:
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Venus 7-6 (7) 6-3. :yeah:

Sleepwalker64
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:08 PM
:lol:

I expected 90% votes for Venus...what u surprise.
Ana in 2, she'll repeat RG final, with better performance I hope

CORIA01
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I want Ana to win!
I am sure she can do it!

+/-
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Go Penus! Go Anal!

Serval
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
What the hell has Sven goran Eriksson got to do with the match? :confused:

:lol:

Sven Groenefeld, her coach.

junlee_vee
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Ana in 3.

Venus had played amazing, but I think we will go back to crappy Venus.

:lol: You wish!

You also though that Maria was going to kill Venus (as did a lot of people here).

Tennisaddict
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I feel that Venus had her toughest match against Kuzy and will have a fairly easy match against Ana if she keeps up the form she started in the fourth round. The reason I say this is because Ana IMO is not as good on grass as Venus is. Ana is great on the offense but mediocre at defense. Venus is great on both. I think Venus will win because she is a superior mover and has more experience. They will both fight for it undoubtly. I am very glad that Ana has reached the semis tough.

Sha_ra_po_va
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:42 PM

...and steffi graf in 1999 - and I'm pretty sure novotna beat her, too.

rommel99
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:44 PM
think it would be venus,but i never really thought anna would reach the semis.. i thought she wouldve lost against petrova or vaidisova.. i think shes strong with three setters, so anna need to push this to three sets to have a chance.

Warrior
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I don't see Ana winning this match. Venus is just too good right now. :(

kadirelf
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Venus 6-2 6-2

Hashim.
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM
hope Venus wins..
this is the time i really want her to win..
plz don't dissappoint..

DownTheLine21
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:55 PM
As much as I want Ivanovic to succeed, I think Venus is playing too good right now. Also, a Williams-Henin final would be far more competitive than a Ivanovic-Henin final. Ana will have to be content with a SF, as her next Final appearance won't come until the Us Open.

shirley
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I've been won over by Ana but I think Venus will win in 3

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Venus hopefully. I want a Venus-Justine final (sorry Marion).

slydevil6142
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I love anna but honestly venus beat her last year 6-2, 6-2 right before getting wrist surgery. Venus should win something like 6-2 6-4

cartmancop
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I think Venus is on a roll right now and will win in straight sets, one tight. Like 7/5 6/3 or so...

I think Ana will find it more difficult to hit as many winners against somebody who retrieves to well on grass, as opposed to Vaidisova. It will be a good match though, hopefully.

tobi
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM
A good Venus will win quite easily I think,but exactly opposite of it quite possible if she will turn to some of her crap play.Outcome of the match depends to Venus.

Though Justine v Venus final would be great one if it happens,otherwise it will be another "missing" final with Justine v Ana match.

AcesHigh
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
If Ana couldn't be the crappy Venus of last fall, how is she going to do it now, on Vee's best surface, while Venus is on fire??

Venus in two routine sets.

John.
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Venus in 2

Warrior
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Ana will only feed her power. The only way to beat Venus right now is to trick her in many errors.

Il Primo!
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Ana in straight.

LindsayRulz
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Venus in 2.

adrovi
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Ana in 3

ASP0315
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Venus easily. Sorry Ana

Cp6uja
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I already see tommorow threads like "Venus beat herself" :devil: :devil: :devil:

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I hope Ana will win, but, I think Venus will win easily.

junlee_vee
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Ana in straight.

I don't quite understand you...:confused:

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Venus in 2

soomaal
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Ana in straight.

How the hell are you a venus fan? I understand that you may have rooted for maria, but do you really expect Venus to give it away to freaking Ana!!:help:

Just Do It
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Ajde Anka :drive:

man4man
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
How the hell are you a venus fan? I understand that you may have rooted for maria, but do you really expect Venus to give it away to freaking Ana!!:help:

OK, Venus is your queen, but Ana is others' queen.
So...

winone23
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:01 PM
OK, Venus is your queen, but Ana is others' queen.
So...

The person they are talking to is a Venus fan.

Just Do It
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:04 PM
How the hell are you a venus fan? I understand that you may have rooted for maria, but do you really expect Venus to give it away to freaking Ana!!

:o

GracefulVenus
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Venus in three. I predict she will get tight in the second set and rebound in the third to win it 6-3, 3-6, 6-1

sfselesfan
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I think Venus' experience in big matches will carry the day. Knocking off Sharapova in the FO semis is a far different task than taking Venus out on a Center Court semifinal.

As far as gameplay goes, Venus needs to serve like she's been serving. Ivanovic is a highly capable returner (as are Svetlana and Maria). I don't think Ana's serve will trouble Venus to a significant degree.

All that being said, if Venus' forehand sprays and if her serve disappears on her Ana will carry the day. Playing three days back to back helps Venus IMO, I think it aids her consistency...as she can be a slow starter when she's had a few days off. I honestly think given the experience Venus has, and the power, it's Venus' match to lose tomorrow.

Same goes for either opponent in the final (assuming Venus wins tomorrow).

Odds are Venus wins in 2.

SF

sfselesfan
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Sorry double post...

Sebastien123
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I already see tommorow threads like "Venus beat herself" :devil: :devil: :devil:

you're right, and this is caused exactly because of this thread, where everyone is soooo sure that Vee will win easly ;)

DarkchildSwiss
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
hopefully venus.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
If Venus's serve is clicking Ana has NO chance. Not many players do, against her on grass.

If her serve is on, its "lights-out" for the competition.

vw.
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Venus in 2. Very possible that this could be a 3 setter as well though.

Il Primo!
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:32 PM
I don't quite understand you...:confused:

:secret: *antijinxing* :p

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Ana could get an upset. You never know. :sad:

V-MAC
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Ana could get an upset. You never know. :sad:

God you are the complete opposite of Paneru - always doom and gloom when it comes to Vee :lol::p

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM
for some reason i see a repeat of the french open final. ana fcell apart and got destroyed by the queen of clay and i believe the same will happen again venus, hte queen of grass.

possibles scorelines for venus:
6-1,6-4
6-3,6-2
6-2,7-6
7-5,6-1
6-4,6-0

jazar
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM
ana will make her second successive slam final

Tennisaddict
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM
for some reason i see a repeat of the french open final. ana fcell apart and got destroyed by the queen of clay and i believe the same will happen again venus, hte queen of grass.

possibles scorelines for venus:
6-1,6-4
6-3,6-2
6-2,7-6
7-5,6-1
6-4,6-0

I don´t think that Ana will get nervous in the semis. She surely wasn´t in the semis of the French. I think she will come out with a ´nothing to lose´ attitude and swing freely because she might be seeded higher but she is the underdog against a three time Wimbledon champion who she has never beaten, has an ocean of experience compared to her and who has just beaten the nr. 2 and 5 seed. Venus will have to really be on guard from the first point out but I think that she will not take her lightly at all.

Tarka
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I hope Ana , but i think it wil be Venus in 2

CORIA01
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:25 PM
it will be tough
but I'll go with ANA in 3!

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I repeat...If Venus's serve is on, Ana has NO shot. Kuznetsova looked like a junior against Venus's serve.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I'm really not sure. I do think that Venus is dialed in and in order for Ana to beat her she's going to have to play amazing. I'd like to see Ana win, though a Justine/Venus final would be a much closer match in my opinion.

Good luck to both.

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I don´t think that Ana will get nervous in the semis. She surely wasn´t in the semis of the French. I think she will come out with a ´nothing to lose´ attitude and swing freely because she might be seeded higher but she is the underdog against a three time Wimbledon champion who she has never beaten, has an ocean of experience compared to her and who has just beaten the nr. 2 and 5 seed. Venus will have to really be on guard from the first point out but I think that she will not take her lightly at all.

i disagree it was easy to come out swinging against a weak serving sharapova on clay but this will be a completely different situation. i think ana will play how she did against vaidisova, no better but maybe worse.

soomaal
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
:secret: *antijinxing* :p

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :clap2: :bigclap: Great idea!

Sorry about my comment.:hug:

1jackson2001
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:48 AM

So? Ana would be +57239523 if I were her opponent. :p

Sveta may have only needed to play a safer shot to win the point but maybe she was being flustered by Venus' brilliant play.;)

:p

Dawn Marie
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I'm going with Venus Williams. She needs to play solid from start to finish. On grass one break can mean the set when it comes to the big servers. So if the Venus from the past two days shows up then I pick Vee in straights.

GO VENUS!!

Bruno71
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:00 AM
The only way Ana has a chance is if she can stretch it to 3. I don't think her defensive skills will be up to the task, but I hope she proves me wrong. Venus in 2.

saki
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:02 AM
So? Ana would be +57239523 if I were her opponent. :p

Sveta may have only needed to play a safer shot to win the point but maybe she was being flustered by Venus' brilliant play.;)

:p

Sveta gets flustered in any big match in a GS.

Her only two top 10 wins in a GS were the SF and F of the one she won. :help:

Cp6uja
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:30 AM
2007 - Ana and Venus vs. TOP10 players

Ana Ivanovic
R16 PETROVA, NADIA RUS 6 W 6-2 4-2 ret.
Q JANKOVIC, JELENA SRB 10 W 3-6 6-4 6-3
S SHARAPOVA, MARIA RUS 1 W 6-1 0-1 ret.
F HINGIS, MARTINA SUI 6 L 6-4 6-3
Q CLIJSTERS, KIM BEL 4 L 6-2 6-2
Q JANKOVIC, JELENA SRB 9 W 7-5 6-4
F KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA RUS 4 W 3-6 6-4 7-6(4)
Q KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA RUS 3 W 6-0 3-6 6-2
S SHARAPOVA, MARIA RUS 2 W 6-2 6-2
F HENIN, JUSTINE BEL 1 L 6-1 6-3
Q HANTUCHOVA, DANIELA SVK 10 L 6-3 6-2
R16 PETROVA, NADIA RUS 9 W 6-1 2-6 6-4
Q VAIDISOVA, NICOLE CZE 10 W 4-6 6-2 7-5

Venus Williams
R32 SHARAPOVA, MARIA RUS 2 L 2-6 6-2 7-5
S JANKOVIC, JELENA SRB 9 L 3-6 6-3 7-6(5)
Q KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA RUS 5 L 3-6 6-3 6-4
R32 JANKOVIC, JELENA SRB 5 L 6-4 4-6 6-1
R16 SHARAPOVA, MARIA RUS 2 W 6-1 6-3
Q KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA RUS 4 W 6-3 6-4

Ana played 5 matches in three sets vs. TOP10 and won all 5.
Vee played 4 matches in three sets vs. TOP10 and lose all 4.

That means Ana need to won only one set and she will win this match because Venus is still not ready to play long 3-setter matches this season against TOP10 opponents :bounce: :help: .

Uranium
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:55 AM

Ana Ivanovic

Venus Williams

That means Ana need to won only one set and she will win this match because Venus is still not ready to play long 3-setter matches this season against TOP10 opponents :bounce: :help: .

WHAT!!!! She is ready, she lost to 3 of the best players so far this year in 3 sets, Ana won't be able to handle Venus and nerves on Venus' best surface. Venus has played amazing and will beat Ana in 2.
P.S. you need to win 2 sets to win controlling nerves against someone who has beaten top players by saving match points. Venus is mentally ready to win her 4th Wimbledon:D

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Venus in 2. :)

Donny
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:15 AM
It depends. If VEnus was as crappy as she was in the first and third rounds, then Ivanovic, obviously. If Venus is on, then Ivanovic is doomed.

You'd have a hard hitter with below average movement
vs.
A VERY hard hitter who's the fastest woman on the WTA, with quite possibly the best first serve in the game.

Perhaps people can beat Venus, but it isn't going to be by playing an inferior version of the game she and her sister invented.

VLADA_BELGRADE
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:19 AM
What do u think about MARION BARTOLI-ANA IVANOVIC FINAL?

sfselesfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:21 AM

I thought she lost to Sprem on Court 1.

SF

Apoleb
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:30 AM
I'm rooting for Ana tomorrow, but I'm afraid Penus will thrust her way through.

Venus actually hasn't been that impressive for me. Her second serve looks pretty vulnerable so Ana should try and take advantage of it, but I think the difference in speed will decide the outcome of this match.

junlee_vee
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:35 AM
ana will make her second successive slam final

Oh look, Venus' #1 fan!!! :haha:

junlee_vee
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:39 AM

Ana Ivanovic

Venus Williams

Wow...I'm convinced!:help:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:10 AM
I want them both to win!!! why can't we have a draw in tennis :p but my heart and head are saying Venus....there will definitely be rallies and that is where Venus will shine

#1Davenport
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Venus will dominate!

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:22 AM

Ana Ivanovic

Venus Williams

u do realize that none of loses were on grass and three of the 4 were on clay against better claycourters on venus' worst surface. this match wont go to third set venus in 2

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:24 AM
What do u think about MARION BARTOLI-ANA IVANOVIC FINAL?

unless rain floods wimbledon and justine and venus drown before richard and carlos can get to them it aint gonna happen.

jmosh
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Venus easily.. Venus will make Ana look like an amateur on grass. Also, Venus will definitely make it a much better final, Ana would just choke once again! she's not ready for the big times yet!

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Vee in 2.

strictennis
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:11 AM
It's going to be a huge match-up,
I say Ana in 3 tough mental sets.

Goooooooooooooooo ANA!

mboyle
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:23 AM
70% think Venus will win? That's huge...that's more than most surefire wins for top players in early rounds...

LucasArg
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Venus in 2:D

tennisbear7
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Ana is one of my favourite players... but when Venus is playing this she is a delight to watch. I wouldn't mind if Venus won, because I think that a Henin/Venus final would be magical. I am so proud of Ana for reaching her second successive grand slam semi-final, and if she loses fighting I will be happy for Venus!

Head: Venus in 3.
Heart: Ana in 3.

Larrybidd
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:40 AM
If Venus is playing well, Ana has no chance. So then the question is what are the chances Vee won't play well, and if she plays poorly enough to get beat by an inexperienced player?. I think not good this late in the tournament. The chance for girls to take down Vee was 2 rounds ago. Its likely to late now.

aussie_fan
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:05 AM
i hope ana but i think venus will take this one out.

Mon.
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Gonna be a nice match to watch for sure, but the way Venus has played her previous 2 matches I don't see Ana pulling through. But hey the element of surprise is always fun :p Hopefully Ana but Venus is gonna take it I think.

Cp6uja
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:07 AM
u do realize that none of loses were on grass and three of the 4 were on clay against better claycourters on venus' worst surface. this match wont go to third set venus in 2I not say that Ana will win this match 100% - only that for her will be enough to won only one set because Venus is still is not ready to play 3-setters this year against hard opponents, and Ana have kick-ass performance in 3rd set this year against WTA elite players.

Of course that with Venus play in last two rounds it's very hard to win even one set against her, and maybe this stats is more good news for Justine fans than Ana. But all this stats is REAL Ana&Venus H2H vs. TOP10 2007 stats, not my imagine... and i only present that. If Venus must play today in three, she is in big problem... because Ana is not Morigami or Kudryavtseva.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Hopefully Ana!

pav
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Like Ana to win but Venus is playing very well, I usually respect Venus, but don't go on that terrible noise coming out of her:
People moan about the shriek that Masha lets out
but Venus is driving me nuts
her sound is like a cross between a pig being killed
and a puppy that's been kicked in the guts
a player would need to have plugs in their ears
when it's Venus on the other side of the net
they will get over their loss
but that horrible sound
is something they will never forget!

Andy.
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
If Venus played the way she did in her last two matches, especially like against Masha, Ana will have no chance

mankind
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I don't mind, I just hope it's a good match.

justineheninfan
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:39 PM
I would like to see Justine play Venus for the first time in over 4 years so I hope Venus wins. I want Justine to win the hard way, to prove to her detractors what again what a great player she really is.

40-0
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Queen V

Shimizu Amon
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I think Venus will close the match in 2 sets.
Good luck to them both.