PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic def Nicole Vaidisova 4-6, 6-2, 7-5

azinna
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Nicole pretty much collapsed after being up 5-3.

Both weren't their best match points up...

Still, excellent from Ana!

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah i just caught the last of it...Looks like its goign to ba a Ivanovic VS Venus semi...;)

Tennisaddict
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM
:bounce: Ana showed great fighting spirit. Two of my faves trough to the semis :yeah:

azinna
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Those last few games pretty much showed us why Ana is currently ranked higher: better player between the ears right now.

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Nicole Vaidisova beats my beloved Chokomomo only to choke herself in the next round!
Oh the irony! :awww:

Anyhow, great result for Ana!
Congrats, you're definitely earning your soon to be top five ranking. :hatoff:

However, c'mon Venus in the semifinal. :hearts:

Apoleb
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Nicole didn't collapse at 53. Fantastic fighting from Ana saving those match points on her serve. She made it happen at the end. She found her forehand and she improved her movement just when she needs to, so anyone who doubted Ana's fighting abilities and championship mentality needs to look closely again. I think I'm a new fan. :D

Now please kick out Penus!

ce
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Nevermind. No need to insult another player to say congrats to Ana.

Congrats to Ana!

frontier
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Ana showed maturity at the end and she looks confident but with suspect movement I am not sure if she can outhit Venus.I like Venus chances if she plays like today and yesterday .

azinna
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Ana showed maturity at the end and she looks confident but with suspect movement I am not sure if she can outhit Venus.I like Venus chances if she plays like today and yesterday .

Yeah, Ana doesn't seem to be moving as well here as she did at the French (up until the final). It would have been interesting to watch a match between herself and Maria on grass.

Still, Ana has more variety and court savvy than Nicole, so Venus must remain alert.

the cat
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I'm happy for Ana who's such a nice girl. :) But I'm sad for Nicole because this crushing loss to Ana coukld hurt her development. :( But I hope she can shake it off and keep getting better.

Monica_Rules
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Great comeback Ana :)

nozaroc
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Well Nicole is only 18, and Ana is I think a year older, so Nicole will have some time to get better. She had Serena on the ropes in her AO round in the first set. She could have closed it out and didn't. I hope this doesn't get to be a pattern.

Congrats to Ana, she really fought through. Now she needs to play the match of her life if she has any hope of getting past Venus.