PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon QF: [6]Ana Ivanovic (SRB) def. [14]Nicole Vaidisova (CZE) 4-6, 6-2, 7-5

kelgers
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Well done Ana! Vaidisova was up 3 matchpoints and Ana fought back.

canoe.
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Good! Chinny, chin, chin is Kaput!

ce
well done anaaaaaaa
i lovr youuuuuuuuu

kikkikikikiisssssssssss

Dave.
ANA! What a close and exciting match! 3 MATCH POINTS SAVED!!!!

My 2 favourites are into the SF! ANA V MARION FINAL PLEASE:devil:

kelgers
Ana needs to be brave with her backhand in the next match if she wants to beat Venus.

V-MAC
Well done Ana.
I prefer Vee to be playing Ana in the semi-finals :devil:

Mightymirza
well done ana! Whoaahh what a fight!!! Now take down Veee :rocker2: gotta have that serve with you tomorrow ana!

iPatty
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:59 PM
wow. what a third set.

poor nicole. i hope she takes this in stride.

but ajde ana! keep going and win. :yeah: really good match.

mc8114
yay!
that game when she was serving 3-5 :worship:

ceiling_fan
wow! amazing styff

Cat's Pajamas
I thought it was 3 MP's. :scratch:

Ana :worship: :banana:

Fabulous effort to get back in the match. Nicole did choke a bit but Anna hit some great shots whe down, especially that first mp and the second point when Vaidisova served for it.

Congratulations Ana! :woohoo: :hug:

Now please lose to Venus :)

AJZ.
What an amazing ending :worship2:
Really fun to watch.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Awesome fight Ana!!

saki
Poor Nicole, serious choke!

Well done Ana!

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
ana should send nicole a thank you card for this atch. major choke. nicole you coulnt ask for an easier second serve on match point. then you completely donate your serve. i swear 7 year olds must be more mentally tough than vaidisova.

TheBoiledEgg
Nicole, what a choke job :help: :o
congrats Ana, she held on to that service game instead of going 2 breaks down.

FrenchY52
Ivanovache strikes again :sobbing:
Nicole :(

C'mon Venus

Andrew Laeddis
ANA! What a close and exciting match! 3 MATCH POINTS SAVED!!!!

My 2 favourites are into the SF! ANA V MARION FINAL PLEASE:devil:

more like justine vs venus

Demska
WOW! WHAT A MATCH!

Had about everything in it! Amazing rallies, amazing winners and an amazing winner!

Well done Ana :bowdown: :worship: :woohoo:

So strong to save 2 MP's at *35 *15/40 and then another at adv. nicole in the same game! Really showed RG was not a fluke!! So happy for you! Good luck vs venus! :kiss:

Princeza
Great for Ana :banana: now win it!
Nikki :hug: you choked

.david.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
that hurts more then Marias loss.. What a choke.

Congrats Ana for fighting like this.

dybbuk
What a match :bowdown: Ajde Ana!!

Nicole :hug:

FORZA SARITA
:clap2:

Natalicious
:bigclap: anci :bigclap:

what a fight in the end :worship:
congrats :hug:

tobi
OMG Nicole :help: :help:

Especially that let volley at 15-30 previous game and 3rd match point was her best chance.She made mess of it after wasting MPs

tennisbear7
OMG. ANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you. I actually closed the live scoreboard down when Nicole was up 5-3 40-15 on Ana's serve. :lol: and I came back and it was deuce! WOW!

Nicole, I feel for you.

Serval
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Ana

The looks of a goddess :worship:

The smile of an angel :angel:

The fighting spirit of a Spartan :devil:

Mark Spruce
great fight ana

well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cashif
Nicole:sad: One more fav bites the dust, i was quite sure of her winning this match:sad:

Congrats Ana:yeah: Now take out Venus:devil:

DownTheLine21
Amazing fight from Ana to save those matchpoints and take control in the third set. After reaching the final at RG a few weeks ago, making the SF at Wimbledon is an amazing result. Will she enter the Top 5 now? As good as she played, however, I fear that she will have to really raise her game if she wants to challenge Venus.

Jogi
OMG Nicole :crying2: :sobbing:
what a choke

congrats ana :)

QuicKyMonSter
Very well done, Ana :kiss:
Good luck against Venus :yeah:

saint2
Nicole...:help: What a great chance wasted...Now Venus or Justone will take a title...I dont think Ana is enough mentaly strong to beat them...Anyway, congratulations Ana. :worship:

frenchie
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM
The better player won!

Now that Ana is tired, she'll lose to Venus

Ben.
:woohoo: what an incredible win for you ana, saving 3 match pts :D
you are a fighter :yeah: in the semis now :bounce: this victory tastes so sweet for you :)
Ajde ANA!!!

nicole :hug: you still played a good match :)

Apoorv
c'mon Ana, take down Venus now.

Dexter
I have no words to describe how damn proud I am to be a fan of this girl! :sobbing: The way she saved all those MPs, wow - it was Ana at her prime! No fear, I guess she learned from Serena how to do it!

I thought it was a fantastic match and TBH I wouldn't have minded THAT much had Nicole won it, because she played some spectacular tennis too. Chin up, Nicole! :hug:

BUT - Ana is in the Top5 and still alive in the tournament! AJDE - sky is the limit!!! :bowdown:

mdterp01
YAY ANA!!!! Unfortunately, I have to root against you in the next match against Venus. :-( But, congratulations for withstanding those match points. You are on quite a roll girl. I still want you to marry me.

Selah
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Well done Ana.
I prefer Vee to be playing Ana in the semi-finals :devil:

So do I. And I like Ana, so yay!

Slumpsova
:sad:
Nicole just let Ana get into the match after 3MPs. honey, please learn to control your nerves. you can do better than this :hug: but the good thing is finally i can watch this matchup and i'm proud of them. they are the real future. i expect to see a lot more of them soo :)

good luck Ana. i cheer for you to reach the final and win this big W :bounce:

Iceland
Stunning win Ana ! :yeah: It should give her a lot of confidence if this is still possible.
Congrats, I think you give a big heart attack to your fans :lol:.

jonnyroyale_13
amazing!!:D

bellascarlett
Nice choke in the end Nicole...:weirdo: :help: You gotta feel for her as Mary Joe said. That's gonna hurt. She was in position to win that and basically nerves took hold of her. Still needs to strengthen her mental game a bit.

Good job to Ana for hanging on and making sure she gave Nicole a chance to get nervous and choke.

BigBabeTENNIS
worst choke for about 4 years kick her ass venus

hablo
Nicole Vaidisova beats my beloved Chokomomo only to choke herself in the next round!
Oh the irony! :awww:

Anyhow, great result for Ana!
Congrats, you're definitely earning your soon to be top five ranking. :hatoff:

However, c'mon Venus in the semifinal. :hearts:

Sexysova
Nicole really wasted all opportunities, Nicole was much better whole match but as against Jankovic at RG Nicole wasted all big moments :sad: :sad: :sad:

but well done ana.. good luck in semifinal! :worship:

K-Dog
Great job Ana!! Nicole:timebomb:, well, you suck. Way to ruin my day which had started great. :ras::ras::ras::shout::shout:

Venus backhand against Ana backhand = :drool::hearts: for me and Venus

Ben.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM
i'm so happy ana won :bounce: at least one of my favourites gets to the final.

safinfans629
for me.it is the most remarkable match after kim against jelena in sydney

Fidello
Ana :banana:
Shame that one of the girls had to loose. Nicole :hug:

mandy7
Anaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

dav abu
really like both these players so it was hard knowing who to shout for but I'm thrilled for Ana, it seems to mean so much to her!

Sam L
Ana!! YES!!

gillian
Not able to watch, but I bet this was an amazing match. I really admire that Ivanovic fought of the match points and won this.

canoe.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Plenty of choking goin on the Djokovic/Hewitt match too.

Just Do It
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM
what a match !!!

frenchie
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Nicole really wasted all opportunities, Nicole was much better whole match but as against Jankovic at RG Nicole wasted all big moments :sad: :sad: :sad:

but well done ana.. good luck in semifinal! :worship:

Errr You should have a look at the stats:rolleyes:

Ana hit more aces, less DFs, more winners and less UEs:help:

winone23
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
well done Ana!

sammy01
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:09 PM
this is a great result! so glad nicole 'mardy, moody, bitchy, ignorant, big ears' vaidisova didnt win! anas the exact oppisite of nicole she smiles shes friendly and she dosen't have a chip on her shoulder! go ana
p.s yes i am a nicole hater and if you wana call me a troll or whatever then i'll happily be one if it means disliking nicole!

StZox
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I thought it was over for Ana, but she proved me wrong.
:)
Great fight and determination!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on your first Wimbledon SF
GOOD LUCK

Chunchun
Thx for the choke that blonde girl! :tape:

Well Done Ana :woohoo:

Effy
nice choke, Nicole :o

now i hope Venus kicks some ass :devil: and got to the final vs Justine :armed:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Nicole really did choke in the end there...but ah well, good match from Ana, who i wanted to win anyway.

Uranus
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Good luck in SF, Ana! :bounce:

Coffee&TV
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Wow! Ana won! :banana: Nikki played great on the first set then on 3rd set I thought she's gonna win. Aw Nikki :hug:

Slumpsova
when Nicole had MPs. the camera show Ana's face and i got kinda weird feeling like i didn't want her to lose this match. she looks such a nice girl :lol:

lilimi
good fight Ana!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
good luck for next match!

mboyle
.Now Venus or Justone will take a title...I dont think Ana is enough mentaly strong to beat them..

If Ana loses to Venus, it will have nothing to do with her mind, and will have everything to do with her slow foot speed. On current form, I would expect Venus to win, but Ana has choked once in her life: in the Roland Garros final.

tennisbear7
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM
If Ana loses to Venus, it will have nothing to do with her mind, and will have everything to do with her slow foot speed. On current form, I would expect Venus to win, but Ana has choked once in her life: in the Roland Garros final.

Well footspeed is an issue. But I think Ana is still a baby when it comes to the big events, so I think mentally there would be issues there too. But I don't mind if Venus wins because I really want to see a Venus vs Henin final.

Hantuchov
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Awesome fight, Ana ! :kiss: :drool:

Congrats !! :worship: :yeah: ;)

kelgers
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Ana sounds really, really nice off court. :) She even attempted a few of the Serena backhand slices towards the end :tape:

nniels
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Congrats Ana! :D :yippee:

hollywood7172
OH MY GOD, what a win by ana, i got home and turned on the TV right at 3-5 in the third!!! what a nice way to end my day! haha. i'm gonna smile in my dreams!!:worship: :devil: :) :p :lol:

:bounce: :bounce: GO ANA!! AJDE!!:bounce: :bounce:

Andrew Laeddis

most of that was in the second set. nicole played better first set and third set until the choke. even when she had matchpoint i knew nicole would find a way to lose this match.

Effy
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:18 PM
when Nicole had MPs. the camera show Ana's face and i got kinda weird feeling like i didn't want her to lose this match. she looks such a nice girl :lol:

she always looks like a very nice and perfect girl :p

blumaroo
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Nicole dumped a short second serve in the net. All the other matchpoints were saved by Ana's aggressive play. Nicole goes for her shots no matter what situation she's in and that can win her matches but today it was her downfall.
I just hope Ana doesn't get crushed by Venus.

MagicMilan
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Massive win :worship:
Proud to be your supporter you lovely girl :hearts:
Give your best against Vee. Ajdeeeeeee :bounce:

Coffee&TV
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:20 PM

Oh man! That's exactly what I felt that time! Ana smiles and all I was like :awww:

Meeek
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:21 PM
:woohoo: Great fight!!

Sexysova

Nicole was much better whole match... Ana has much better stats but I saw whole match and Nicole played better... but the problem is with her confidence during important moments :o :o :o

Lulu.
Nicole :o :help:

This match was yours for the taking

Steff_forever
never thought she could turn this at *3-5

thanks to all elves :angel:

tennisbear7
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Your time will come, Corpuscle. ;)

~Kiera~
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Well done, Ana! Good luck against Venus.

Better luck next time, Nicole :hug:

kinseh
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Ana! :hearts:
So proud of her. :)

Derek.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Now both of my faves are chokers. :sobbing:

Prizeidiot
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Well done Ana!

A year ago I didn't she was that good. She's proved me wrong for sure.

Poor Nikki though :sad: How did she handle the "choke"? Very angry/teary?

~Carsten~
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Nicole was much better whole match... Ana has much better stats but I saw whole match and Nicole played better... but the problem is with her confidence during important moments :o :o :o

:rolleyes: it doesn't matter if she was the whole match better than Ana! Ana won the last point! And Nicole choked!

well done Ana!

Viktymise
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
:sad: Nicole will look back at her 3rd MP, an Ivanovic 2nd serve, short in the box, and she returns it into the net

Effy
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Now both of my faves are chokers. :sobbing:

:hug:

Slampova
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Unfortunate choke by Nicole, but I'd much rather see her losing a tough three setter than being thrashed in the Semi Finals by Venus... As will be the case for Ana.

tennisbear7
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM
At least she reached the SFs. And you never know what will happen there.

Sexysova
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
At least she reached the SFs. And you never know what will happen there.

IMO Ana will be crushed with her game :o :o :o

jegood
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
:bounce: Ana,Ana, Ana, Ana:bounce:
You make me so happy:kiss:

selyoink
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
What a choke that was. No other way to put it. Ivanovic played a good point at 15-0 when Vaidisova was serving for it and after that Vaidisova went into full choke mode.

Beat
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
good one :yeah:

Derek.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM

Andrew just leave Ana alone.

She didn't do anything wrong.

Mikey B
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:55 PM
i really thought that was nicole's match... with the match points and then serving for it, i really thought she would win... i saw her lifting the dish on a couple of the match points! lol! but congrats to ana!!! what a fighter!!! im not going to count her out of the semi agaisnt venus, i think she could give her a good fight... its interesting that noone really thought of ana as a contender but here she is, one match away from the final... imagine a rematch from the french open final, noone would have thought that could happen earlier on in the tourney!!! good luck against venus ana, hope you can go further and further!!!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:56 PM
What to say... I actually thought it was already over when Ana had to serve to stay in the match. I was hoping, but Nicole's serve looked too strong.
Just amazing what Ana did!! I was already glad with a QF, but this is absolutely great!
I'm happier with this win then the wins in Berlin or even beating Sharapova at RG.
3 MP's saved!! This makes me even more proud and it's so great to be a fan!!

AJDE ANA!!!!!!!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sleepwalker64
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Bravo ANA!!!!

And best wishes to your girl too...:lol:

Steff_forever
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:00 PM
i really thought that was nicole's match... with the match points and then serving for it, i really thought she would win... i saw her lifting the dish on a couple of the match points! lol! but congrats to ana!!! what a fighter!!! im not going to count her out of the semi agaisnt venus, i think she could give her a good fight... its interesting that noone really thought of ana as a contender but here she is, one match away from the final... imagine a rematch from the french open final, noone would have thought that could happen earlier on in the tourney!!! good luck against venus ana, hope you can go further and further!!!
good thoughts :hatoff:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Congrats Ana!:yeah:

Dexter
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I love how you all feel that Ana will be crushed by Venus. It might happen, but just a reminder... one of Ana's first matches in the WTA Tour MD event was against Venus on lightning quick indoor court in Zurich in October 2004. Venus won 76 76, but Ana had SPs to win both sets. Ana might lose tomorrow, but don't count her out that easily!

Scotso
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Another great fight and win by Ana! :bounce:

I'm so happy for her. :yippee: :hearts:

cometz9
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Congrats to Ana :clap2: :D two of my faves playing for a spot in the Final, gotta root for Venus though. Best of Luck

Nicole :sobbing: too bad she couldn't capitalize on one of the 3 Mps but good job making the QF!!

Steff_forever
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Nicole, what a choke job :help: :o
congrats Ana, she held on to that service game instead of going 2 breaks down.

where have you been when Nicole needed you to support her? :confused:

I just hope she recovers soon (mentally). She's such a good player - just a bit chivvied at the end of each match.
Even in the last second I didn't think she could lose it...

Warrior
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Great fight Ana! :yeah:

CORIA01
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
:bounce: :bounce: WOW 3 MP saved
seems to be nice match
Congrats to Nicole as well

LoveFifteen
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'm so glad Ana sent Robotisova home! :bigclap:

shirley
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:18 PM
I quite enjoyed that match. Excellent fightback from Ana. She's won me over through this tournament

mei62
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM
OMG!! I am soo proud of Ana!!:worship:
I stayed home and got to work late just to see the whole match and it was so worth it! Give it all you've got in the semis!:bounce:

alias
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:21 PM
The best player won, Congrats Ana:bounce:

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
where have you been when Nicole needed you to support her? :confused:

I just hope she recovers soon (mentally). She's such a good player - just a bit chivvied at the end of each match.
Even in the last second I didn't think she could lose it...
TBE is in London (from what i've heard). he might sat in the stand during that match ;)

rommel99
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
congrats ana.. do well against venus!!

Leo_DFP
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
What an amazing comeback by Ana. :hearts: :bounce: Brilliant for her to beat her best teen rival in Vaidisova and make a second straight GS SF - I wish her the best against Venus so she can get revenge on Henin in the final. :devil: Now that she's saved match points she should go out and play like she has nothing to lose.

Michael_21
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
ohh nicole :( 3 match points :( i picked nicole and daniela to win wimbledon and they may not have won but they both went out in bad ways im very upset :(

GermanBoy
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Lordy, Lordy, I feel asleep as Nicole was up 5/4 in the final set. I thought she would win this. Am hugely disappointed now... :rolleyes: :sad:

Hellion
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Nicole :sad: :tape: :help: !

Hashim.
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:37 PM
OMG :sobbing:
3 mps..:banghead:
and no expressions even :weirdo:

zayos_10
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:42 PM
You could feel that if Nicole didnt win those matchpoints on Ana‘s serve, she would lose the next game, which she did. Nicole needs to control her emotions a little bit, I mean, she couldnt overcome the fact that Ana saved thos MP. Yes, it was a shame, but move on and focus on your serve to close the match. Better luck next time.

Good work from Ana.

Warrior
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:45 PM
What is Ana's new ranking?

Dexter
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM
What is Ana's new ranking?No less than #5.

Reiken
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM
saw the match at 5-3 3rd set and thought that nicole was going to win it.
AMAZING COMEBACK ANA!!!

mckyle.
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
that was so tense in the third :lol:

Rod the Bama
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Great comeback by Ana. :clap2: She really showed a lot of poise in the last part of the match.

As for Nicole, this is one of those losses she`s going to be kicking herself about for a while. After those MPs were saved she played a lot more tighter from then on.

In all it was a pretty good match from two of my favorites. I really hope that this is the start of great rivalry.

LindsayRulz
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Ana :yeah:

Il Primo!
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I have a huge respect for what Ana did. RG was definitely not a fluke and I was afraid she lose it, but she didn't! It means that she's really in the mix now and we will all have to expect her to achieve some big perfomances in GS from now
:worship:

Poor, poor Nicole. It's sad for her :hug: But she's still young!

Lindsayfanumber1
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Amazing Ana :banana: :bounce: :)
Good luck against VENUS

forever_rafter
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Well done Ana! :bounce: LOt's of luck against Venus, I hope to see you in the final!

ASP0315
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Congrats Ana. :yeah:

Nice choke nicole.
Nicole made some very easy errors while serving for the match. But kudos to Ana for kepping her nerve.

adrovi
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Ana :worship: :worship: Good luck gainst Venus ;)
Nicole :sad: :sad:

John.
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Ana :banana:

Sam L
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:26 PM
LOL! I just saw the match. I'm so glad Nicole lost. That girl has a very bad attitude.

DarkchildSwiss
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
omg nikki. you should have won the match.

©@®eLess
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Ajde!

frenchie
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:47 PM

If Ana will be crushed, what about Nicole who was crushed by Ana:help:

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:57 PM
LOL! I just saw the match. I'm so glad Nicole lost. That girl has a very bad attitude.
she didn't do anything wrong today. she was pretty calm :shrug: :awww:
hence tennis isn't about being nice :p

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
since when 46 62 75 is called being crushed? :weirdo:

azmad_88
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
nicole :sad: horrible wimbledon for me!! but im glad it was against a girl i like ...Ana hope u win the title now! ur my last hope :)! but agaisnt venus you have to play even better..i love u ana and nicole!

Nicolás89
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM
nicole :timebomb:

Tenis Srbija
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Ana :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

What a comeback in that third set :worship: But Nicole did help a lot :hug:

aussie_fan
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:32 PM
well done ana, great fightback :worship:

Now onto Venus.

Sexysova
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:41 PM

crushed?? lol... you're so stupid... :lol: :lol: :lol: :help:

gmak
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:41 PM
shit :mad: :fiery: :( :banghead:
nicole why did you have to choke? :shrug:

horrible end to Wimbledon for me :help: guess i'll focus on the men now
at least my faves there are winning :lol:

The Daviator
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Ana :banana: Saving 3 mps to make the Wimbledon semis! :eek: :worship: She's always had the game, but now she's stepped it up mentally and is truly a top player :yeah:

Nicole :sad: :hug:

requiem
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:59 PM
:bowdown: Anči :worship:

I'm so proud of her. 3 MPs saved. Well done. I'm speechless.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:27 PM
:D CONGRATS MISS ANA!!! :D

hurricanejeanne
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:06 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
I haven't been this upset in a None-Davenport loss of a favorite since Capriati lost in the 2004 US Open. It proves to me that Nicole really is a big favorite of mine, even though her loss and how she lost it, sucks.

Nicole has the game but she still needs to get her mental side sorted out. Ana has stepped it up though. It's only a matter of time for Nicole, every player developes at different paces.

Chin up, Nikki. :hug:

LindsayRulz
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:10 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
I haven't been this upset in a None-Davenport loss of a favorite since Capriati lost in the 2004 US Open. It proves to me that Nicole really is a big favorite of mine, even though her loss and how she lost it, sucks.

Nicole has the game but she still needs to get her mental side sorted out. Ana has stepped it up though. It's only a matter of time for Nicole, every player developes at different paces.

Chin up, Nikki. :hug:

oh at least it wasn't the final after having a match point at 7-6 in the third :hug:

BK4ever
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Nicole :sad: the only thing holding u back is mental.

Wintermute
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:42 PM
:bounce: Ana, you made my day!

Tracy Austin said on BBC tonight that Nicole should travel to the US hardcourts without her stepfather because, in comparison to Justine who looks to Carlos Rodriguez for support and encouragement during the match, Nicole looks to her stepfather constantly in desperation and needs to grow out of it.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM
oh at least it wasn't the final after having a match point at 7-6 in the third :hug:

:lol: That's true and thanks :) :hug:

G~Playa
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:15 AM
big win ;)

F-R-E-A-K
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:19 AM
:eek: Ana :banana: Saving 3 mps to make the Wimbledon semis!! :eek: :bounce:

Nice comeback Ana :hearts: :smooch:

:woohoo:

carling
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Although I would love to see Venus win another Wimbledon, I really like Ivanovic. She's such a sweet, classy girl. IF Ana beats Venus, I hope she learned enough in Paris to win against Henin. I can't stand Justine in any way, shape, or form.

carling
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:33 AM

Tracy Austin said on BBC tonight that Nicole should travel to the US hardcourts without her stepfather because, in comparison to Justine who looks to Carlos Rodriguez for support and encouragement during the match, Nicole looks to her stepfather constantly in desperation and needs to grow out of it.

Great observation by Tracy Austin! I totally agree. I remember Anna Kournikova used to constantly look over to her box and I strongly believe it prevented her from fully developing as a player. There's something to be said for self reliance. Players who needs constant reassurance from their parents or coach are at a mental disadvantage as Nicole proved today.

Corswandt
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:03 AM
Just as I was beginning to draft the schedule for my gradual phasing out of faves plan [Yup - gave it a fancy name because I wanted it to sound like big business or an international treaty], Nicole goes and does something like this.

I) she's a war nerd like myself

II) she's Czech, like the lady on the left holding the big dish

III) and also just like the lady on the left holding the big dish, she chokes at Wimbledon Centre Court

How am I supposed to dump her now?

Didn't watch all of this, so no verbose writeup this time (*deep sigh of relief from WTAW*). SportTV showed the cracking Djokovic d. Hewitt instead (no complaints; it was so good I didn't regret missing the women's QF - plus they could have showed the ghastly Nadal), and only showed half of the third set later on during a rain delay. Not a choke in the traditional sense of "getting tight". More overconfidence from Nicole, who had the third set completely under control until the MPs (Ivanovic was playing at her most brainless), and a momentum swing that happened to coincide with the appearance of the MPs. That being said, the first 2 MPs weren't choked away. The third may seem to have been, but that netted FH was just Nicole going for the big ROS winner on BP, something she does often and rarely with success - which, alongside her poor ROS in general, explains why she sometimes has an abysmal BP conversion rate. From then on, she just rushed through everything and giftwrapped the break when serving for the match. Too bad - until then, you could see that she's a bad matchup for Ivanovic. For instance, she can place her second serve just about anywhere on the service box and thus avoid Ivanovic's FH ROS, while Ivanovic frequently has no other option but to serve into Nicole's FH (that, or Ivanovic simply forgets about it, which is also quite possible).

One last thing: maybe the low bounce made it more difficult to take a full swing at the ball and whack it as hard as they do on clay and hardcourts, but it was nearly incredible how often these two slow pokes and mediocre grasscourt movers managed to retrieve each other's shots - FHs included. Yet another sign of just how slow the grass is playing this year. All hail the new Wimbledon champion: Rah-fuh-ill Nudd-Ahl.

I guess this did turn out verbose after all.

Derek.
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:34 AM

And he gives her nothing back.

She's on her own.

cheo23
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:39 AM
oh god!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :smash: :sobbing: @ NICOLE!!!

why did u hit that 2nd SERVE return to net on MATCH POINT!!!! :sobbing: :sobbing: :rolleyes: :sobbing:

U should of won that MATCH!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ana, u got sooo lucky today...hopefully VENUS will BEAT U!!!! :sobbing: :sobbing:

Sam L
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:44 AM
she didn't do anything wrong today. she was pretty calm :shrug: :awww:
hence tennis isn't about being nice :p

Yes but what about the ball boys we don't know about? :p

Dexter
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Tracy Austin said on BBC tonight that Nicole should travel to the US hardcourts without her stepfather because, in comparison to Justine who looks to Carlos Rodriguez for support and encouragement during the match, Nicole looks to her stepfather constantly in desperation and needs to grow out of it.That's a good point. I had an impression that she would always look at him after a bad shot of hers, just to look for some kind of encouragement and he would never show it. Of course, I haven't paid that much attention to him, but that's how I see it. Look at Justine she would rather look at Carlos after a winner or in a tight situation and he would always show his support and encourage her. So either he should be more supportive to her a-la Carlos Rodriguez or she should hire a new coach. I would choose the 2nd option.

And he gives her nothing back.

She's on her own.Yes, he doesn't and she would still look up to him knowing it's pointless, so that's not good. :(