PDA

View Full Version : Why are they not showing Vaidisova - Ivanovic?

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Dont get it.

Is NBC picking it up?

DA FOREHAND
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
And why did they show Nicole -v- Amelie, what a shitty match that was.

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

They hyped up Vaidisova to beat Momo so much and they got their wish.
Now they're not even showing Nicole. :lol::tape:

And why did they show Nicole -v- Amelie, what a shitty match that was.
Sure was. :o

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Livestreaming on channelsurfing.net is working for me though.

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
:scratch:

Weird if they dont show a women's quarterfinal and show all these earlier round men's matches. :o (didn't show Bartoli but this match is a little different)....this coverage :weirdo:

blumaroo
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM
All the Channelsurfing links work for me except the Center court one.
Pfft

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:35 PM
NBC shows Americans and Federer. The first women's match was almost unwatchable. They are showing world class tennis, not women.

Mercury Rising
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM
BBC isn't showing it either, instead they show boring nadal :rolleyes:

KBdoubleu
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM
NBC shows Americans and Federer. The first women's match was almost unwatchable. They are showing world class tennis, not women.

Venus vs. Kuznetsova was actually very high quality. Just because the American beat the Russian doesn't mean it was poor quality.

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
NBC shows Americans and Federer. The fist women's match was almost unwatchable. They are showing world class tennis.

:lol: oh goldenlox...

Although I only saw the last two games of the first quarterfinal.

Chunchun
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM
same for Starsports :( I'm tired of watching that ass-scratching Nadal :wtf:

hacberto
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks God that channelsurfing.net exist.

Yeah that's right it wasn't working for me the link to centre court but I just waited like 10 minutes and it worked. So be a little more patient.

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks God that channelsurfing.net exist.

Yeah that's right it wasn't working for me the link to centre court but I just waited like 10 minutes and it worked. So be a little more patient.

channelsurfing isnt working for me. :awww:

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I'M DYING! GIMME NICOLE vs. ANA. GOD DAMN IT STAR SPORTS! :fiery:

Poova
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM
It's a pretty poor quality match anyway. Well, the first set was. :lol:

Aerien
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Grrr, I hate this court jumping by Star Sports. Not only are they depriving me of Ivanovic vs. Vaidisova, they're also depriving me of VIRGINIA WADE ON COMMENTARY! :(

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Now theyre on the third set...Blah and ESPN is pretending like the match doesnt exist. :o

saki
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM
This is how womens' tennis gets a bad name.. Ana/Nicole is a higher quality match than Venus/Sveta was and more dramatic. Sveta lost her confidence after she failed to break Venus and never looked like winning it. At this point, either Ana or Nicole could take it.

ezekiel
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
it has to be on nbc

Slumpsova
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
why can't those punks close their fucking match and let Star Sports show women? :banghead: :fiery:

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
I agree- Youzhny is not an attraction... and Nikki/Ana is on center court. :mad:

DownTheLine21
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM
WTF? This QF is showing on Centre Court, and ESPN is not even giving it any airtime. Ivanovic and Vaidisova are currently fighting through a dramatic third set. Is ESPN planning to replay it later? It's obvious that Mary Joe must be doing commentary for it right now.

canoe.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:29 PM
It's not that great of match anyway. I hope Ana wins; I can't stand the Y chromosome on the other side of the net. It's too bad men's tennis isn't B/3--the butt scratching monkey would have been out in two.

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Actually, I thought Venus' match was pretty good. Sveta was playing well too.

I find the Ana vs Nicole match a bit boring, although it has gone to a third set.

Wow, they're showing the match on tv now. :eek:

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Finally! :rolleyes:

Pushkin
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:35 PM
The worst in all of this that Ana is the sexiest brunette on tour and Nicole the sexiest blonde. What kind of network is that? High quality 3rd set drama and the two cuttest on tour ............

canoe.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Nicole the sexiest blonde. What kind of network is that? High quality 3rd set drama

:haha: :speakles: :rolls: :ignore: :wazzup: :weirdo: :help:

Volcana
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
It's a business. The networks show the players they can prove to the sponsors that the most people want to see. Take the Williams sisters out of the equation, and the public wants to see the gentlemen more than the ladies.

That said, ESPN is showing the last half set of Ivanovic-Vaidisova. Both of them are young, fit, white, not-unattractive, and tomorrow the winner be seen by a huge TV audience when they play Venus. A golden opportunity to break through to the American market, right before the max TV of the US Open series.

They are both at the point where they could become stars. Or wind up with an Elena Dementieva type career.

DownTheLine21
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Yes! Amazing hold, facing at least three matchpoints!

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Choking...Nicole...:o

SharapovaFan16
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Vaidisova choked haha... these 2 are delaying a Venus ass whooping big time

PamShriverRockz
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM
This third set has been great!

SharapovaFan16
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:56 PM
end it please... women's tennis is getting worse by the minute

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Nicole...:cuckoo:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:58 PM
The end of that match was good. That was real choking

bellascarlett
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:59 PM

:lol: And I can't believe I'm nodding in agreement with you.

Pushkin
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:00 PM

Fantastic match Incredible comeback and shotmaking by Ivanovic she will give herself another shot at Henin on saturday !!!!!!!!!