PDA

View Full Version : Writing's on the wall....Henin vs Venus FINAL

Kunal
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
The way venus is playing i think she will beat her next opponent as well...cuz she has been here before and also cuz at her high level of tennis...the other two wont be able to do so much damage. Unless Venus starts to play the way she has been playing this year.
If she does carry on the good form then I think we could be in for a great final with Justine.

Justine would be the favorite cuz she has so much momentum.

But i'd be very curious to see how that match would shape up....i.e. if it happens.

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Venus looked very beatable today. Sveta ran away from the net like she's scared of it.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yall gone jinx it...if it end up being a bartoli vs Ivonociv or Vaidisova imma buy me some plane tickets, find the nearest oven, boil me some water and DASH it on you! lol

spokenword73
VENUS has beaten JUSTINE SEVEN TIMES!!!!

If they both make final, VEE WILL WIN!!!!

G1Player2
Venus looked very beatable today. Sveta ran away from the net like she's scared of it.

:weirdo: Sveta played the best I've seen from her on grass. Stop reaching for fairy tales. :lol:

lucashg
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Bartoli and Vaidisova for the title! :eek: :scared:

winone23
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM
:weirdo: Sveta played the best I've seen from her on grass. Stop reaching for fairy tales. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I know right, it felt like Venus was playing russian roulette and won.

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Then you've never seen her. Sveta can play much better. And on grass she shouldn't be backpedalling after hitting a short ball.

VishaalMaria
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:03 PM

The only time Venus looked "beatable" was in the last game where she was obviously getting troubled by the wind and getting nervous. Svetlana played her best in the first few games of the match and was still 5-2 down. We all get nervous....Justine obviously got nervous against Serena. It's nothing to worry about. Champions do that.

DA FOREHAND

that would be great if they both got there and played nerveless tennis. We don't need anymore Myskina -v- Demented matches or Novotna - Tauziat affairs

VishaalMaria
Then you've never seen her. Sveta can play much better. And on grass she shouldn't be backpedalling after hitting a short ball.

Well so can Venus.........

acetoace
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM

History will repeat itself on Saturday. H2H: a commanding 7-1.

VishaalMaria
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:05 PM

No way! I hope not! Justine would have to retire for Bartoli to go through.

VishaalMaria
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:07 PM
History will repeat itself on Saturday. H2H: a commanding 7-1.

Whats the head to head got to do with it? Just because Venus has a 7-1 advantage, doesn't mean Justine starts off with a 0-3 deficit in the first set IF they play.

It's just a fact and Justine is mentally tough to not acknowledge that fact if they play. I'm sure Venus would be the same if it was the other way round.

KBdoubleu
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM
If the match does happen, which I believe it will, I expect Venus to win a classic three setter (but only if she pushes herself to the net).

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:21 PM

And justine Henin ass looked beatable yesterday and the day she played Patty Shnyder..so what's ya point?

I Beg to Differ
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM
No need for the apostrophe "s" my dear. :hug:

Tennisaddict
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Canīt you wait until the semifinals are actually played :rolleyes:

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Can't wait for this match (if it happens).

Mightymirza
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Hopefully..:) juju will get that H2H in order :)

master40
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
OMG I can't wait for Venus to get Serena's revenge!! She's gonna kill her the way she plays this week!!!

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'm watching the other QF, and they run away from the net also. There are very few players who want to hit a volley.