PDA

View Full Version : Justine is the best player around

fired.up
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM
PERIOD. she's just so good and her tennis is beautiful. shes such a breathe of air compared to all the hard hitters with ugly tennis :worship:

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Again with the Troll thread...

fired.up
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:36 AM
why troll? because i dont say serena is the best? lol

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Justine has been the best player for 4 years. No one else even has an argument, unless they are using stats from 2002 and earlier.

fired.up
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
thank u

Lolo8
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:49 AM
:yawn:

Kworb
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Justine is the best female tennis player of all time :)

Nemo_Kool
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM
in your opinion (which i consider totally deluded LOL)

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:54 AM
:yawn:

Exactly...I guess the creator of this topic expected a bunch of people to come in a jump on his band wagon...lol...hasnt even reached page 2 lol

fired.up
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM
im not even a justine fan but its a fact

dont be jealous

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:55 AM
There's nothing to discuss. She's #1 by a wide margin.

pigmalion
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:57 AM
He is right :p
Go Justine

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM
why troll? because i dont say serena is the best? lol

No, I love Ju... and even though Serena is my girl, I would fully admit that in recent years it would be hard to argue that Justine has been the best player on tour...

But throwing in the crap about how everyone who doesn't play like Ju has an ugly game is just trolling...

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM
What matters is that Venus and Serena believe that they are the best. They have self-belief. So to them it realy doesn't matter what some person on an interent tennis forum says. :)

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I think Justine is going to keep Serena on the tour. She knows if she retires, Justine will hang around to get to 9 majors.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
No, I love Ju... and even though Serena is my girl, I would fully admit that in recent years it would be hard to argue that Justine has been the best player on tour...

But throwing in the crap about how everyone who doesn't play like Ju has an ugly game is just trolling...

You also have to look at how much tennis she's played too. The sun rise and set on Justine mind about tennis. Venus and Serena plays about HALF the tennis Justine does and yet STILL win grand slams. When Venus and Serena dominated and bascially OWNED the WTA...they were 110% tennis, match fit, and everyone feared them. When they relaxed their tennis schedule and invested their time and money in other things (and yes it affected their game)...then thats when Justine, The Russians, Mauresmo and other girls (who stayed 24/7 tennis players) stepped up. So they tend to struggle at times and they are not almost invinsible like they use to be. Nobody's taking anything from Justine she the #1 player and plays #1 tennis, but TO ME and MANY OTHERS...people will definately argue of who's the best player when they are playing THEIR best..(and even the commentators)...I said it once and I'll always say it...NOBODY can beat a Williams sister when they are at their best. I still havent seen girls play the quality of tennis they played back when they dominated.

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Bull. No one can beat Justine when she's at her best. Not the other way around.

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Period. Dominating..only player who can really give her a run for her money is Serena..but Serena needs to get to the drawing board first.

fired.up
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
serena won those slams while justin wasnt fully developed as a player

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:25 PM
What matters is that Venus and Serena believe that they are the best. They have self-belief. So to them it realy doesn't matter what some person on an interent tennis forum says. :)

There are plenty of people you could say that about I'm sure... why is that what matters?

Kworb
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Agreed. Justine is the Federer of women's tennis. I like the Williams sisters more than her but still, I can't deny just how incredible Justine's tennis is.

Uranus
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, she's the best player of the last years. And NOT the sisters.

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
You also have to look at how much tennis she's played too. The sun rise and set on Justine mind about tennis. Venus and Serena plays about HALF the tennis Justine does and yet STILL win grand slams. When Venus and Serena dominated and bascially OWNED the WTA...they were 110% tennis, match fit, and everyone feared them. When they relaxed their tennis schedule and invested their time and money in other things (and yes it affected their game)...then thats when Justine, The Russians, Mauresmo and other girls (who stayed 24/7 tennis players) stepped up. So they tend to struggle at times and they are not almost invinsible like they use to be. Nobody's taking anything from Justine she the #1 player and plays #1 tennis, but TO ME and MANY OTHERS...people will definately argue of who's the best player when they are playing THEIR best..(and even the commentators)...I said it once and I'll always say it...NOBODY can beat a Williams sister when they are at their best. I still havent seen girls play the quality of tennis they played back when they dominated.

You need to look at some other sports...

Serena "Greg Maddux" Williams and Venus "Dominic Hasek" Williams are never going to be Serena "Babe Ruth" Williams and Venus "Wayne Gretzky" Williams if they don't each acquire more than a couple years of dominance at their sport. What-ifs NEVER matter in a historical context... no matter how much their fans want them too.. .just ask Ted Williams fans (War), Gale Sayers fans (Injury), Bo Jackson fans (Injury), or Babe Ruth fans (Years as a pitcher).

There comes a point when you have to return to that "best form" to still be considered the best... otherwise Greg Maddux should be asking for a lot more money...

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM
You need to look at some other sports...

Serena "Greg Maddux" Williams and Venus "Dominic Hasek" Williams are never going to be Serena "Babe Ruth" Williams and Venus "Wayne Gretzky" Williams if they don't each acquire more than a couple years of dominance at their sport. What-ifs NEVER matter in a historical context... no matter how much their fans want them too.. .just ask Ted Williams fans (War), Gale Sayers fans (Injury), Bo Jackson fans (Injury), or Babe Ruth fans (Years as a pitcher).

There comes a point when you have to return to that "best form" to still be considered the best... otherwise Greg Maddux should be asking for a lot more money...

But has Justine Henin dominated longer than the Williams Sisters? I never mentioned what if's I mentioned what Venus and Serena HAS done and IS doing THAT matters in a historical context. Justine's won the french 4 times..made it to the finals of wimbledon last year and US open. Venus and Serena dominated from 2000-2003 and still won grand slams in 2005 and 07 (for serena). Justine dominated in 04 she got 2 slams that year. 05 and 06 is questionable because she only won he french bascially. In 07 she's won the french again and beaten Serena twice and lost to her once...I wouldn't call that dominating ...I think she's the player to BEAT because she on top of her game.

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM
But has Justine Henin dominated longer than the Williams Sisters? I never mentioned what if's I mentioned what Venus and Serena HAS done and IS doing THAT matters in a historical context. Justine's won the french 4 times..made it to the finals of wimbledon last year and US open. Venus and Serena dominated from 2000-2003 and still won grand slams in 2005 and 07 (for serena). Justine dominated in 04 she got 2 slams that year. 05 and 06 is questionable because she only won he french bascially. In 07 she's won the french again and beaten Serena twice and lost to her once...I wouldn't call that dominating ...I think she's the player to BEAT because she on top of her game.

Unfortunately, tennis is an individual sport... and as much as many fans like to do it, you can't lump the WS accomplishments together to judge their careers (otherwise you may as well lump Ju with Kim or Maria to make her career seem more impressive)... Venus and Serena did not dominate from 2000-2003... Venus dominated the first part of that and Serena dominated the second... and since 2003 Ju has won more slams than anyone... easily... hence, in recent years, Ju has been the best player on the tour.

Again, watch more sports... For 2 years in the mid-90's, Greg Maddux was quite possibly the greatest pitcher of all time (relatively speaking). He won 4 consecutive Cy young awards and had many more good years of pitching besides... but there are plenty of pitchers nowadays who have nowhere near Greg's resume that are simply better... and unless Greg starts pitching like he did back then, he has no buisness saying that he's the best... because he's not. Even though about once a month he has a vintage Greg game, he won't be the ace... he won't be first in the rotation... and he won't be paid accordingly unless he actually shows that he's still that Greg Maddux... you can only live on your reputation for so long.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
There are plenty of people you could say that about I'm sure... why is that what matters?

Because it doesn't matter what people who aren't playing the match say. If Venus or Serena didn't believe in themselves then they would never win against Justine again. If they have confidence, then they can win. It is called the power of positive thinking. I'll put it so you can understand by using your favorite player. Justine didn't think that she could beat Serena in Miami and she lost playing some amazing tennis. When she believed that she could win, (despite Serena's injuries) she did.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Agreed. Justine is the Federer of women's tennis. I like the Williams sisters more than her but still, I can't deny just how incredible Justine's tennis is.

Justine is NOT the Federer of womens' tennis.

Federer would NOT lose 3/4 GS finals. He woudn't retire in a GS final. He hasn't won the FO (and probably won't soon :lol::awww: ) He doesn't get coached from the stands (he actually go QUITE pissed when he felt Rafa was getting coached at Rome last year). His sportsmanship's never been questioned. He wins multiple slams/tier I titles, every year. He's won 50+ consecutive matches on his best surface. Fed's been #1 WITHOUT a break since AO 2004. We've already had 2 #1 players this year.

Justine is a GREAT player, and UNQUESTIONABLY the player that most deserves the #1 ranking, but she's no-where NEAR the profile of Fed, on or off court. The last player to COMPLETELY DOMINATE the sport like that was.....well it doesn't matter. It's in the past :o.

Federer is BODY lengths above the rest of the tour (save Rafa). He's 13-1 against #3 :eek: and 46-3 record against the rest of the top 10. The only player on the WTA tour to have winning/even (Roger's 1-1 vs. Murray) H2H records against the WTA top 10, or anything CLOSE to his 63-12 (including his 4-8 H2H vs. Nadal) against the rest of of the top 10 is :o, well it doesn't matter.

Justine is GREAT, and has an AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL game, but she's NOT Fed...not yet anyway. I guess she could become 'Fed-status' but that would take a LOT of work.

She is however, the best player right now. Her 37-3 (better than Fed's 2007) W/L, multiple titles, and #1 in the rankings and race say that louder than any other subjective stat could EVER do.

felipe2004
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Justine won two slams in 03 (finishing number 1) ;) In 04, she won the Australian Open and Olympics Gold. In 05, she won the French. In 06, she won the French, the Masters, was finalist in all slams (finishing number 1). In 07, she won RG, and is on her way to Winbledon (and, therefore, Career Grand Slam) and number 1. So, you have some facts wrong there :wavey:

fired.up
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:21 PM
go justine keep beating serena

jujufreak
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM

Serena didn't dominate women's tennis before 2002... Her reign ended in 2003, she got severely injured and Justine's domination began :) Justine's reign continued in 2004, the Russians were lucky she got ill after Indian Wells, but in Athens she showed she still was the best player in the world. 2005 started bad with her knee injury, but after she came back in Miami, she won all her matches on clay. Unluckily the hamstring injury ended her winning streak and blew the second half of 2005. Everyone knows how she dominated 2006 :) So yes, she dominated women's tennis longer than Serena

As a fan, I can't complain :)

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Serena didn't dominate women's tennis before 2002... Her reign ended in 2003, she got severely injured and Justine's domination began :) Justine's reign continued in 2004, the Russians were lucky she got ill after Indian Wells, but in Athens she showed she still was the best player in the world. 2005 started bad with her knee injury, but after she came back in Miami, she won all her matches on clay. Unluckily the hamstring injury ended her winning streak and blew the second half of 2005. Everyone knows how she dominated 2006 :) So yes, she dominated women's tennis longer than Serena

As a fan, I can't complain :)

And most of those tournaments she dominted Serena or Venus was absent in them...or she lost early. (mostly in the 2004 year) 05 nobody really dominated because Venus, Serena, and Justine won GS...how you reach the conclusion she dominated in 06 I dont know..when she only won 1 grand slam. And OXY even if you were to merge THe Belgiums and Russians as I did The Williams Sisters..their acomplishments still dont equal up to theirs. We can go all day tit for tat on who we think is a more dominate player...but I personally dont think Justine is no Federer of womens tennis, she's dominated at times...I just think she's the player to beat...because she's #1 and playign well.

SV_Fan
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:45 PM
No she is not. Serena has all 4 slams Justine doesn't.

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM
The domination thing is like this..Justine has "dominated" longer..mostly due to the french open, her results show this...but Serena was MORE dominating during her 16-month domination..4 in a row, 5 out of 6 majors ( almost as many as Justine has won in her whole career)..she has done a few thing that Justine hasn't done yet: win three majors in a year, win wimbledon, win wimbledon and rg in the same year, multiple seasons winning 2 or more majors...

But now Justine is the force...and Serena? What you gonna do Serena?

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
There isn't any domination going on. Justine is the best player. The road to a title goes thru her.
She's one win away from 6 straight slam finals.
Every other contender is up and down like a yoyo

SV_Fan
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
If you skip a slam would that be consectivuley your 6th slam final? I think it would be starting over. If Serena get's back in Shape and Venus they will own the pro tour again. Serena would of won Roland Garros if Justine had not cheated, The commentator on wimbly said that.

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM
There isn't any domination going on. Justine is the best player. The road to a title goes thru her.
She's one win away from 6 straight slam finals.
Every other contender is up and down like a yoyo

???? So no one is dominating..

Martian Jeza
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM

Pls don't insult Roger.

Ntour
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM

even if thats all they have

Ntour
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:10 PM
If you skip a slam would that be consectivuley your 6th slam final? I think it would be starting over. If Serena get's back in Shape and Venus they will own the pro tour again. Serena would of won Roland Garros if Justine had not cheated, The commentator on wimbly said that.

yes its still consecutive because if you reach the semis of a tourney take a week off then reach another semi its still consecutive semifinals

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Pls don't insult Roger.John McEnroe compares Federer and Henin all the time. They both have great movement and every stroke.

Martian Jeza
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:34 PM
John McEnroe compares Federer and Henin all the time. They both have great movement and every stroke.

I would feel insulted to be compared with a classless player like Henin. McEnroe should stop this ridiculous comparison.

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:36 PM
McEnroe is an expert on classless. He knows tennis.

supergrunt
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:38 PM
even if thats all they have

They also have 13 Grand Slam singles titles.

Viktymise
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:39 PM

:tape:

Mightymirza
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I would feel insulted to be compared with a classless player like Henin. McEnroe should stop this ridiculous comparison.

Dont worry none would EVER compare you to Justine :lol: Federer doesnt seems to mind it though!! :lol: Ohh well what does he know about tennis and class! Right? :lol:

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Justine is the best player. There's no one else in the discussion. The other 3 in the Wimbledon SF's have 1 major combined over the last 5 years. Justine has 6 in that timespan.

Martian Jeza
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Dont worry none would EVER compare you to Justine :lol: Federer doesnt seems to mind it though!! :lol: Ohh well what does he know about tennis and class! Right? :lol:

This is a way of talking, wise guy. She maybe wins titles but her attitudes are disgusting : not an example to follow.

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Because it doesn't matter what people who aren't playing the match say. If Venus or Serena didn't believe in themselves then they would never win against Justine again. If they have confidence, then they can win. It is called the power of positive thinking. I'll put it so you can understand by using your favorite player. Justine didn't think that she could beat Serena in Miami and she lost playing some amazing tennis. When she believed that she could win, (despite Serena's injuries) she did.

Serena believed that she could win too... but she didn't. Many players believe they can win and don't... it's not the only things that matters.

And BTW... Rena is my favorite player... I'm just objective enough (and enough of Justine fan) to know that Ju is simply playing better right now.

Kworb
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Justine is NOT the Federer of womens' tennis.

Federer would NOT lose 3/4 GS finals. He woudn't retire in a GS final. He hasn't won the FO (and probably won't soon :lol::awww: ) He doesn't get coached from the stands (he actually go QUITE pissed when he felt Rafa was getting coached at Rome last year). His sportsmanship's never been questioned. He wins multiple slams/tier I titles, every year. He's won 50+ consecutive matches on his best surface. Fed's been #1 WITHOUT a break since AO 2004. We've already had 2 #1 players this year.

Justine is a GREAT player, and UNQUESTIONABLY the player that most deserves the #1 ranking, but she's no-where NEAR the profile of Fed, on or off court. The last player to COMPLETELY DOMINATE the sport like that was.....well it doesn't matter. It's in the past :o.

Federer is BODY lengths above the rest of the tour (save Rafa). He's 13-1 against #3 :eek: and 46-3 record against the rest of the top 10. The only player on the WTA tour to have winning/even (Roger's 1-1 vs. Murray) H2H records against the WTA top 10, or anything CLOSE to his 63-12 (including his 4-8 H2H vs. Nadal) against the rest of of the top 10 is :o, well it doesn't matter.

Justine is GREAT, and has an AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL game, but she's NOT Fed...not yet anyway. I guess she could become 'Fed-status' but that would take a LOT of work.

She is however, the best player right now. Her 37-3 (better than Fed's 2007) W/L, multiple titles, and #1 in the rankings and race say that louder than any other subjective stat could EVER do.
I'm not comparing their results or personalities, I'm talking pure tennis ability and how they're both so much better than the competition. They are the most complete players, they can do anything with the ball. That's why Justine is the Federer of women's tennis.

jujufreak
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:56 PM
And most of those tournaments she dominted Serena or Venus was absent in them...or she lost early. (mostly in the 2004 year) 05 nobody really dominated because Venus, Serena, and Justine won GS...how you reach the conclusion she dominated in 06 I dont know..when she only won 1 grand slam. And OXY even if you were to merge THe Belgiums and Russians as I did The Williams Sisters..their acomplishments still dont equal up to theirs. We can go all day tit for tat on who we think is a more dominate player...but I personally dont think Justine is no Federer of womens tennis, she's dominated at times...I just think she's the player to beat...because she's #1 and playign well.

not her fault Serena or Venus weren't there... doesn't make her less dominant...

if she wasn't dominant last year, then nobody was :D

I wouldn't call her the Federer of women's tennis, she's the Justine Henin of women's tennis :drool:

jujufreak
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM
If Serena get's back in Shape and Venus they will own the pro tour again.

Serena would of won Roland Garros if Justine had not cheated, The commentator on wimbly said that.

isn't she in shape? When will she be? Oh right, when she beats Justine of course... I find that a lame excuse, sorry.

yeah, what tennis commentators say, are always the facts and nothing but the facts :lol:

Did Serena have match points in that match in 2003? No, so to say she would have won a match if ... is :bs:

jujufreak
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:03 PM
They also have 13 Grand Slam singles titles.

Venus and Serena are two different, separable players, so why always speak about both of them?

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Venus and Serena are two different, separable players, so why always speak about both of them?

It sounds more impressive to lump them together like that...

jujufreak
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM
It sounds more impressive to lump them together like that...

of course it does ;) but since (almost?) everyone knows Serena has 8 slams under her belt and Venus five (which is already impressive), I think it's to no use to try to make this feat even more impressive.

Onyxangel
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
of course it does ;) but since (almost?) everyone knows Serena has 8 slams under her belt and Venus five (which is already impressive), I think it's to no use to try to make this feat even more impressive.

But they do... I personally :rolleyes: at that since I'm a big Rena fan but don't really care about Venus... It really only makes Venus seem at a comparable level with Rena... which she's just not.

sonnys
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Yes at the moment she is proberly the best;)