PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Venus sign autographs?

edith
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Serena to me seems like a much nicer person than Venus. She smiles, is polite and sings autographs, whereas Venus comes across as arrogant, and doesn't sign autographs.

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:31 AM
Serena to me seems like a much nicer person than Venus. She smiles, is polite and sings autographs, whereas Venus comes across as arrogant, and doesn't sign autographs.

serena is as arrogant as they come.

TF Chipmunk
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Maybe Venus doesn't want to put any more strain on her wrists :shrug: Ever notice how she often has BOTH of them taped? carpal tunnel :help:

edith
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:45 AM

At least she signs autographs.

treufreund
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:51 AM
serena comes across warmer at the net. i felt sorry for maria today and lindsay back then having to put with Venus "rub it in your face" hops and celebrations where she barely shakes your hand and barely looks at you. serena does better on that account

nizelegz
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Both Serena and Venus have been rude to me and not sign autographs. Venus told me NO and turned her head and Serena totally ignored us and kept walking. But then on another occasion they both signed autographs. So I would say depending on what mood you catch them in will depend on if you get an autograph or not.

Infiniti2001
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:14 AM
serena comes across warmer at the net. i felt sorry for maria today and lindsay back then having to put with Venus "rub it in your face" hops and celebrations where she barely shakes your hand and barely looks at you. serena does better on that account

You're kidding right? :shrug: You really need to get your eyes checked

because Venus is one of the most gracious players at the net win or lose.:help:

P.S. in all my haste , I think I gave you a good rep instead of bad---enjoy it, because it won't happen again. :lol:

PamShriverRockz
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:15 AM
So I would say depending on what mood you catch them in will depend on if you get an autograph or not.

That's pretty much true of any of the players to be honest. Apart from Mary Pierce, who I've never, ever seen refuse an autograph.

G1Player2
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:16 AM

P.S. in all my haste , I think I gave you a good rep instead of bad---enjoy it, because it won't happen again. :lol:

:lol: What's so funny is that Justine fans of all people are criticizing players for their sportsmanship!!! :lol:

LucasArg
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Maybe because she is shy.

Reuchlin
Jul 5th, 2007, 06:59 AM
cause she's the F#$#ing Venus Williams.

Lolo8
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:20 PM
You people are sick. I always see Serena and Venus smiling at the net and saying congradultions to their opponents and the opponents always look away. How many times have I seen Serena smiling when she is at the net with Mauresmo and Mauresmo is so rude and always look away. What about the French Open when Venus with at the net with ASHLEY HARKLEROAD? Ashley was so rude and Venus had a big smile. You people only want to see what you want to see. you only want to see the bad in sisters.

Shuji Shuriken
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:26 PM
This mother fucker never ceases to amaze me when it comes to Venus. He'll show up in every negative thread about Venus and throw in his awe-inspiring analysis of how things are :hearts:. Go fuck off already....geez. It's getting a bit tired :rolleyes:.

Demska
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Maybe she can't write? :shrug:

Tennisaddict
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
:lol: You know which sister is doing better at the moment at the amount of bash threads. Venus was not winning much before Wimbledon and nobody makes a single bashing comment and everyone is on Serena´s case. And now? Just laughable really!

mygirlV
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM

You people are sick. I always see Serena and Venus smiling at the net and saying congradultions to their opponents and the opponents always look away. How many times have I seen Serena smiling when she is at the net with Mauresmo and Mauresmo is so rude and always look away. What about the French Open when Venus with at the net with ASHLEY HARKLEROAD? Ashley was so rude and Venus had a big smile. You people only want to see what you want to see. you only want to see the bad in sisters.
So true. Wasn't it Venus' fans complaining the other day because Venus is always smiling at the net when she loses?:confused:

beall420
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
The last two days venus has wanted to get off the court as fast as possible because she realizes that the tourament is backed up and that she wants to allow the next players to get on the court before another rain delay.

Especially when her sister was next up.

I think she was being considerate.

Kworb
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Maybe she can't write? :shrug:
LMFAO!! I feel bad that I laughed so hard at that

dav abu
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I've never seen Venus sign an autograph-she is the only player that I've consistently seen ignore people. I can't understand it, it only takes a few seconds to scribble down a signature and it means the world to someone. After a doubles match at Wimbledon last year, we were waiting for her and they were not too many people there. A little girl was there with her mom and was so excited, Venus came out and walked straight past her and just kept going. By the way I'm not writing this as some sort of jeulous bashing :rolleyes: it is has honestly been my experience of Venus time and again.

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:17 PM
:lol: What's so funny is that Justine fans of all people are criticizing players for their sportsmanship!!! :lol:

yeah I don't get that but have you notice there aren't many fans here who are really Justine fans but just hate...well you know.

fired.up
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:20 PM
they're both arrogant :fiery:

Dave.
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM
She never signs autographs. On monday I asked her for an autograph when there were few people around and she still ignored me. It's extremely rude and inconsiderate IMO. It's because of us fans that she's in a job and she just throws it back in our faces. It's a shame because she is so nice on TV and I used to really like her, but now I've seen her for real and I don't like it.

Serena on the other hand is great with the fans.

roarke
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:27 PM
:lol: You know which sister is doing better at the moment at the amount of bash threads. Venus was not winning much before Wimbledon and nobody makes a single bashing comment and everyone is on Serena´s case. And now? Just laughable really!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I had to laugh at this because it is sooooooooooo true. If neither ladies were doing well you would not hear these comments. Who am I kidding! Actually you would still hear it but now it would be focused on their lack of committment to tennis, or the hair styles, boyfriends or their social activities. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bijoux0021
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:37 PM
So true. Wasn't it Venus' fans complaining the other day because Venus is always smiling at the net when she loses?:confused:
Yes, I was one of the fans complaining how wider and wider her smiles were getting with each loss. When she shook hand with her opponents at the net, you would think she was the winner of those matches. It's so funny that haters continue to bash the sisters no matter what they do.

Jasmin
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
So who cares...we know why they hate them so much.

SV_Fan
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Venus has a pallet of moods Serena is either happy or pissed off.

But both are real nice I got autographs at their charity match. They aare so funny and Venus is sooooooo tall and nice, so is Serena.

GracefulVenus
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM

my thoughts exactly :yeah:

tennis ace
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Is this all over her not signing after her win over Maria yesterday? cause i really think she just wanted to get off court so serena could get on and not have the possibility of getting caught in the rain......

Viktymise
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM

:tape: ehm When Sharapova won USO last year she basically did the same thing jumping all around the place. Venus always smiles and say's good match at the end of every match she plays, win or lose, so you obviously havn't seen much of her to think she barely looks at the opponent or barely shakes their hand, so please don't talk bulshit, when Venus is 10 times the better sportsperson than some of your favourites :o

Slampova
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Even after losing to Venus, Maria had the decency to sign a few autographs, whereas Venus...

treufreund
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Good on ya, Maria. I am starting to like her more and more. :)

tennis ace
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Even after losing to Venus, Maria had the decency to sign a few autographs, whereas Venus...

Swear to god i think Venus just wanted to get her sis on court before there was a chance of it raining because when they left wind was picking up and the sun wasn't out.i aslo think after seeing Venus wasn't gonna sign Maria just did it to make her look bad:o j/k kinda:p

mirzalover
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:54 PM
well the owner of the tennis club I play at has gotten venus to sign something for him three times this year alone not to mention his wife and three kids so obviously she signs stuff.

Pureracket
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I've actually gotten her autograph twice(then again, I'm an hot guy). Maybe some of you all should improve your appearance. .....just a thought.

V-MAC
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM

Well Maria had all the time in the world to sign as many autographs as she wanted, it wasn't like she needed to be anywhere.....whereas Venus had to dash off to the practice court to prepare for her quarter-final match ;)

Kunal
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:09 PM

heres the thing.....its easy for people to be mislead into getting false impressions of especially the williams sisters.....we know where they are coming from.....but i think one needs to realize that, their childhoods their upbringing and all that jazz was slightly more deviant than ur average joe..or susan.

i cant be eloquent right now and explain it succinctly....but i think inherently they are both nice people....but they dont go out of their way to do things that might be considered appropriate....or "crowd pleasing"

for instance...they dont say sorry for netchords....which i "now" think is ok to be honest.

im gonna stop rambling

woosey
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:11 PM

:lol: that's right.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM

I love people who are so perfect in themselves that they can sit on their pedestal and judge others...ever hear of the pot calling the kettle black...takes one to know one....only an arrogant person would make such a judgement of someone they do not know. Serena is confident not conceited.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Swear to god i think Venus just wanted to get her sis on court before there was a chance of it raining because when they left wind was picking up and the sun wasn't out.i aslo think after seeing Venus wasn't gonna sign Maria just did it to make her look bad:o j/k kinda:p

Maria was in front of Venus and didn't know whether she was going to stop to sign autographs or not :hehehe: lol

oh well i didn't even notice Venus didn't sign autographs until i read this thread :rolleyes:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM
heres the thing.....its easy for people to be mislead into getting false impressions of especially the williams sisters.....we know where they are coming from.....but i think one needs to realize that, their childhoods their upbringing and all that jazz was slightly more deviant than ur average joe..or susan.

i cant be eloquent right now and explain it succinctly....but i think inherently they are both nice people....but they dont go out of their way to do things that might be considered appropriate....or "crowd pleasing"

for instance...they dont say sorry for netchords....which i "now" think is ok to be honest.

im gonna stop rambling

Vee apologised today....i don't usually apologise for them....it's part of the game.

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM

uh huh

Fuck Penus.
:rolleyes: :hater: :help:

i got both autographs right here from their doubles match against the brits

sharapovarulz1
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well Maria had all the time in the world to sign as many autographs as she wanted, it wasn't like she needed to be anywhere.....whereas Venus had to dash off to the practice court to prepare for her quarter-final match ;)

oooohhhhh cheap shot but it made me laugh :lol:

V-MAC
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:41 PM
oooohhhhh cheap shot but it made me laugh :lol:

:lol: yeah apologies to Maria and her fans as I meant it in jest ;)

junlee_vee
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Venus winning = stupid threads about her!

YAY! :bounce:

mckyle.
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:46 PM
cause she's a fucking bitch. she told me herself.

sfselesfan
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:47 PM
If you notice, signing of autographs on Center Court is not exactly considered kosher. The traditions of the court are formal. Most experienced players walk off together and don't sign autographs. Venus and Sveta were just respecting tradition. Newer players, like Ana, don't know the rules.

I guess newer fans don't either.

SF

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:50 PM
I love people who are so perfect in themselves that they can sit on their pedestal and judge others...ever hear of the pot calling the kettle black...takes one to know one....only an arrogant person would make such a judgement of someone they do not know. Serena is confident not conceited.

she very conceited. i swear if she could marry herself she probably would. i didnt say i had a problem with er arrogance i just stated she was arrogant as are many people who have had her success.

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I've never seen Venus sign an autograph-she is the only player that I've consistently seen ignore people. I can't understand it, it only takes a few seconds to scribble down a signature and it means the world to someone. After a doubles match at Wimbledon last year, we were waiting for her and they were not too many people there. A little girl was there with her mom and was so excited, Venus came out and walked straight past her and just kept going. By the way I'm not writing this as some sort of jeulous bashing :rolleyes: it is has honestly been my experience of Venus time and again.
I've seen her sign autographs plenty of times. I'm sure they're plenty of little girls who have autographs of Venus. If celebrities gave autographs to everyone that wanted one, they'd never get any rest.

BTW, this is the first time I've heard that Vee doesn't give autographs because she didn't give many this time but Maria only gave one and I don't see a thread asking why she doesn't give autographs.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I've seen her sign autographs plenty of times. I'm sure they're plenty of little girls who have autographs of Venus. If celebrities gave autographs to everyone that wanted one, they'd never get any rest.

BTW, this is the first time I've heard that Vee doesn't give autographs because she didn't give many this time but Maria only gave one and I don't see a thread asking why she doesn't give autographs.

Very true :)

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:56 PM
my thoughts exactly :yeah:
Great response, Reuchlin was trying to be a smart ass. :lol:

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
well the owner of the tennis club I play at has gotten venus to sign something for him three times this year alone not to mention his wife and three kids so obviously she signs stuff.
Don't try and reason with these assholes, they don't want to hear the truth which is that Venus signs many autographs. Some of these people are really pathetic and Vee, the queen could give a fat rats ass.

Helen Lawson
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I always sign, no matter how many hours it takes. And believe me, I've been stuck for hours! My fans are life and death to me, baby! They're the ones who really make me!

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Vee apologised today....i don't usually apologise for them....it's part of the game.
She threw her hand up yesterday for one also. Even so, if people are so sorry for them, why do they keep the points.

AcesHigh
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:17 PM
If you notice, signing of autographs on Center Court is not exactly considered kosher. The traditions of the court are formal. Most experienced players walk off together and don't sign autographs. Venus and Sveta were just respecting tradition. Newer players, like Ana, don't know the rules.

I guess newer fans don't either.

SF

Very interesting. Thanks ;) I never realized it until you said so.

Infiniti2001
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:26 PM

im gonna stop rambling

Venus raised her hand twice yesterday and once today :shrug: I'm in the middle of tidying all my cables and connections, and haven't gotten to my capture --- if you'd like to see it, I'll gladly upload for you :shrug:

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:04 AM
Venus raised her hand twice yesterday and once today :shrug: I'm in the middle of tidying all my cables and connections, and haven't gotten to my capture --- if you'd like to see it, I'll gladly upload for you :shrug:
They don't really want to know they just want to bitch about the sisters.

Craigy
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Why don't you sign autographs?

vettipooh
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Why don't you sign autographs?

:haha::tape:

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:58 AM
cause she's a fucking bitch. she told me herself.

Thread Date Posted By Comment http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images2007/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Why doesn't Venus sign... (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=11141186#post11141186) Jul 5th, 2007 06:05 PM EffieDeenaLorell (http://www.wtaworld.com/member.php?u=47459)
lol. you dumb fool you took me seriously. fucking stupid bitch :smash:Your mammy's a "fucking stupid punk ass bitch", bitch. :smash::smash:.

junlee_vee
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:01 AM
she very conceited. i swear if she could marry herself she probably would. i didnt say i had a problem with er arrogance i just stated she was arrogant as are many people who have had her success.

So you've met Venus have you?

Has she told you personally that she's conceited, or through your brilliant mind, did you come up with that conclusion all by yourself?

mankind
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:27 AM
She's trying to make them more valuable and worth more. Smart girl.

rjd1111
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:39 AM

If you're talking about wimby I heard one of the announcers say that
because they were so far behind they were urgeing the players to get
off the court quickly so that they could get the next match started.
Even so I saw Venus sign several autographs on her way out.

Larrybidd
Jul 6th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Is this all over her not signing after her win over Maria yesterday? cause i really think she just wanted to get off court so serena could get on and not have the possibility of getting caught in the rain......

Actually I also think it was because she didn't want to keep Sveta waiting any longer. Sveta, who is very cool with the sisters, was waiting to walk off with Venus. Vee did not want to leave her hanging.

mankind
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I've always thought Venus is nicer than Serena because she makes it less obvious that she is nice.

dontlikeshemales
May 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM

Dont know them ,don't want to know .Sertanly don't know why anyone would want there autograph .
But regardless there personality ,women's tennis looses all its charm when they are playing .
A lot of people are waiting for them to stop ,but they must love there 15 minutes of fame too much .

Whats really funny is that they see themselves as great designers ,but if you can read venus and serena ;... Leave designing to the designers ,but venus shure got the "cheap parisian prostitute"-look down :bounce:

edificio
May 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM
She does sometimes.

You created an account just for this? Sad.

MegaDethly
May 26th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Because she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to.

Ntosake
May 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM
She does sometimes.

Must be some alias bitch delving in fuckery. Sadder.

Steven.
May 26th, 2010, 12:47 PM
wtf this thread is 3 years old.

Jienus
May 26th, 2010, 12:48 PM
She's busy.

Jienus
May 26th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Dont know them ,don't want to know .Sertanly don't know why anyone would want there autograph .
But regardless there personality ,women's tennis looses all its charm when they are playing .
A lot of people are waiting for them to stop ,but they must love there 15 minutes of fame too much .

Whats really funny is that they see themselves as great designers ,but if you can read venus and serena ;... Leave designing to the designers ,but venus shure got the "cheap parisian prostitute"-look down :bounce:

I see the mentally handicapped facilities have computers now.

V-MAC
May 26th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Serinidad?:scratch:

anyway, Vee is such a humble person who doesn't see herself as a superstar celeb so she is too shy to sign autographs:hearts:

VishaalMaria
May 26th, 2010, 12:56 PM
It really depends on her mood. Venus has such a broad pallet of moods, sometimes she'll walk off court with a stone face, sometimes with a happy face, sometimes she'll sign a few.... it depends really.

Привет
May 26th, 2010, 01:07 PM

Try 15 years, baby cakes.

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM

Whats really funny is that they see themselves as great designers ,but if you can read venus and serena ;... Leave designing to the designers ,but venus shure got the "cheap parisian prostitute"-look down :bounce:I think you are prasann that awful Venus and Serena hater:devil:getalife.com:p

Arnian
May 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I've seen Venus in person several times and she's never had a chilly disposition towards anyone that I saw, and Serena spoke to me when I talked to her. So, I don't see what the big deal is :shrug:

Ziggy Starduck
May 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM

I gotta hand it to you, you've got some education behind you...can't spell 'certainly' or 'sure' but you've got 'prostitute' right, oh and who's a lot of people?

I don't understand why people want autographs but that's just me :shrug:

helio_c
May 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Players are not public property! Imagine dealing with practices, worries about your game, and all the stress that comes with a tourny. There will be days when your mood will get the best of you or you just simply don't feel like being social :shrug:

sammy01
May 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Players are not public property! Imagine dealing with practices, worries about your game, and all the stress that comes with a tourny. There will be days when your mood will get the best of you or you just simply don't feel like being social :shrug:

lol well people in retail or that work with the public on a day to day basis have to deal with it, and i can assure you they are harder work than tennis fans wanting autographs.

it always makes me laugh when people try to make out tennis players have hard lives and jobs, they really don't.

¤CharlDa¤
May 26th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I saw Venus sign autographs in my face earlier this week. But you guys should know how it is in RG...

I was walking with Steph's coach, so not a player, and we were both wearing our batches. Randomly, a group of like 50 kids starts jumping on us, asking for autographs, pushing, yelling, etc. We just wanted to get out of there, we just couldn't move and felt stuck in the crowd, told them we were not players, etc, but nobody cared. I can understand it being kinda harsh if it happens to you every day.

venusstar
May 26th, 2010, 05:16 PM
do these lies about Venus develop like a malignancy in the brains of hateful people? I see her sign very often, not as much as Serena I will admit but she is the intravert.

But on the issue of authographs, its damn annoying to be pushing things at people and demanding that they sign them. Authograph hunters are like hounds fighting over a piece of meat.

ZODIAC
May 26th, 2010, 06:17 PM
maybe she is a germaphobic

Aaric
May 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM

Are you on drugs?

She does sometimes.

Yep

edificio
May 26th, 2010, 07:06 PM
You know what's funny/weird? I didn't even notice this troll's user name.

venusstar
May 26th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I see dontlikeshemales have been turned down by a lot of prostitutes, no wonder the vast knowledge of their attire. Now I understand your true problem and its a dilemma. If not even the prostitutes want you, then you are all alone. Pure sadness.

tennisbum79
May 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM

Your anger is getting the better of you.
Your grammar is terrible.
Your spelling is atrocious.

If your name is window into you, you are still confused:)

faboozadoo15
May 26th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I've actually gotten her autograph twice(then again, I'm an hot guy). Maybe some of you all should improve your appearance. .....just a thought.

:spit: Oh really? :scared:

This is kind of silly. Players are busy, stressed out, and bombarded by fans at these huge events. They've got press, promotion, practice, and matches. And Venus has doubles and her sister (to watch) on top of it.