PDA

View Full Version : Centre Court crowd

DannerCal
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:48 AM
The crowd in the third set today was clearly rooting for Henin.
Posters here have said that Serena is a crowd favorite at Wimbledon and that she and Venus are well-supported outside of the US.

Obviously that can't be true because Henin never gets good crowd support outside of France and Belgium. Serena is definitely not a crowd favorite if the fans root for Henin over her.

Invisible Fan
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Maybe they want Justine to complete the slam set or they like the way she's played the last few years (game style I mean) :confused:

But it was good that the crowd got into the match in the 3rd set. I've seen some great matches this week with exciting action, during which the crowds have often been quieter than a library.

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:48 AM
venus is a crowd favourite at wimbly..more than serena

pigam
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry, but Justine always gets very good crowd support wherever she plays.
Her strokes "live" are quite breathtaking, and it also might have something to do with herbeing smaller than most of her opponents, maybe that "provokes" sympathy.
I was also a bit surprised how pro Justine yesterday's crowd was throughout the match yesterday.

Avid Merrion
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:24 AM
:rolleyes: Serena had plenty of crowd support. or are you deaf and unable to hear the "Come on Serena" shouts from the crowd?

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Of course Justine was gonna have all the support...why, because Stich had to go out and say: Serena is a faker, Serena is a drama-queen... but it's good though.

saki
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Serena had plenty of support but Justine was the favourite by a small margin.

Justine actually gets very good crowd support across the world. I have only once heard a crowd really vocally supporting her opponent over her - the US Open SF against Jen Capriati and, even then, the crowd appreciated her by the end.

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Henin never gets good crowd support outside of France and Belgium. .

Suuuuuuuure :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Justine is a crowd favourite pretty much all around the world.

Stavie
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:06 AM
actually in every tournament she enters she has a lot of support :shrug:
:D

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Serena had plenty of support but Justine was the favourite by a small margin.

Justine actually gets very good crowd support across the world. I have only once heard a crowd really vocally supporting her opponent over her - the US Open SF against Jen Capriati and, even then, the crowd appreciated her by the end.

Some players don't even get the appreciation. Lucky Justine.

Stavie
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Some players don't even get the appreciation. Lucky Justine.

Its not about luck.She earned that appreciation ;)