PDA

View Full Version : When are Lindsay, Mary, Jennifer and monica coming back?

edith
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Does anyone know? I really want to see them back.

edith
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Anyone?

edith
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Bump!

goldenlox
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:08 AM
I don't think Monica is coming back. Lindsay is playing WTT, they'll probably ask her if she's coming back.
Jennifer is still rehabbing. She says she wants to come back.

Serena!
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:31 AM
I'd be surprised if any of them came back. MAYBE Mary, but i still doubt that. They all had great careers but they are all getting old and have been out for a while, I don't see them coming back

W!MBLEDON
Jul 5th, 2007, 04:33 AM
didn't pierce injure that ligament or something

was pretty sad considering she was just 3 points away from winning that much

treufreund
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Move on. They are done. They were great but they are done. Sorry :sad:

SelesFan70
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Linday: Never

Mary: Maybe

Jennifer: Maybe

Monica: Never :sad:

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:29 AM
they are quite old. once you thirty its best to retire. lindsay is the only one i can see having some success if she comes back.

edith
Jul 5th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Linday: Never

Mary: Maybe

Jennifer: Maybe

Monica: Never :sad:

How come you say Monica never? She wouldn't have played that exhibition if she didn't want to come back. She said she still has 5 good tounraments in her. I'm guessing the Slams and Miami.

Also, I think there's a slight chance Lindsay might come back.

brayster87
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
i hope Lindsay returns! WTT might prompt her to return to the tour....We'll see in the near future

PamShriverRockz
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I'd be surprised to see any of them back :sad:

stefi62
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Among those four, the only one that I really think will be back is Mary, at the beginning of 2008, she seems so motivated! :bounce:

PamShriverRockz
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I didn't see Mary in the title oops. I think Mary would be the only one to come back.

Maajken
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I thought Mary said during the French open that she was working to come back

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I expect Mary Pierce will give it one more go at the start of 2008 although by then she will be 32 years old so I wouldn't expect too much from her. Even if she can get back in the top 20 that would be an astonishing achievement. I wouldn't expect much better than top 50 however.

If Capriati comes back at all it will be around the start of 2008 and again she will be almost 32 also. Additionally she will be coming back at 32 (or very close to it) not having played for three whole years. Tennis moves on alot in three years. Honestly I would put the chances of her coming back at all at no more than 20% and I would put the chances of coming back to any sort of success at all at less than 5%.

I don't see any reason why Davenport would attempt to make any sort of serious comeback to the tour. However unlike the other three girls she has not been impeded by injury and is capable of playing again although with a baby to look after I very much doubt she would be prepared to put in the work required to re-enter the tour. I wouldn't however be surprised to see her enter a couple of WTA doubles competitions, probably with her friend Corina Morariu, during the Califoria summer swing, for fun ofcourse.

Monica Seles hasn't played profession tennis in over four years. She is now 33 years old. She is not crazy. She won't be back.

Привет
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I would love to see Monica & Mary back. I would love to see Capriati back as well just because it would be a great addition to the tour. But then again I would also love for Kournikova to come back... :rolls:

judie
Jul 6th, 2007, 03:51 AM
I think we'll see Mary and Lindsay back. Mary ahs onfirmed she'll be back, and Lindsay will get the itch to win one more Slam.

Monica and Jennifer, on the other hand, are done. :sad:

Dave.
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:04 AM

Australian Open: Mary Pierce bt. Justine Henin 6-1 6-1 (avenges F.O. '05)

French Open: Monica Seles bt. Ana Ivanovic 6-2 3-6 12-10 (similar match to the match that inspired Ana to take up tennis in the first place)

Wimbledon: Lindsay Davenport bt. Venus Williams 6-4 6-4 (this time Venus misses the backhand)

US Open: Jennifer Capriati bt. Monica Seles 6-1 6-2 (Jennifer on her comeback event defeats her US Open nightmares Venus, Justine, Elena and Monica to finally win the US Open)

heytennis
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Mary and Lindsay will probably be back. But Jennifer and Monica are most likely done.

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:14 AM

Australian Open: Mary Pierce bt. Justine Henin 6-1 6-1 (avenges F.O. '05)

French Open: Monica Seles bt. Ana Ivanovic 6-2 3-6 12-10 (similar match to the match that inspired Ana to take up tennis in the first place)

Wimbledon: Lindsay Davenport bt. Venus Williams 6-4 6-4 (this time Venus misses the backhand)

US Open: Jennifer Capriati bt. Monica Seles 6-1 6-2 (Jennifer on her comeback event defeats her US Open nightmares Venus, Justine, Elena and Monica to finally win the US Open)

can i have some of what you are smokin

GrandSlam05
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Mary and Lindsay still have a shot b/c of their serve and groundies. I don't think it's in the cards for Jen or Monica though.

Dave.
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:39 AM
can i have some of what you are smokin

lol I am allowed to dream, aren't I?

brayster87
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:44 AM
lol I am allowed to dream, aren't I?

Absolutely....its the best part lol

:worship: :D

sonnys
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Monica, never..Its been 4 years and she is not returning...But we have many good memories of her so its ok!!!!:drool: :wavey: