PDA

View Full Version : We Love You Serena, Thank You!

tae04
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Nobody has a heart of a champion like Serena. Thank you Serena for fighting through and trying to compete even when you should have maybe threw in the towel a few days ago. I think she deserves alot of respect from everyone for even trying and almost still winning injured.

This has to be one of the toughest losses for Serena fans. I wanted her to win this Wimbledon more than any in the past and watching her at 50% was not fun. She's the real Wimbledon champion this year to me regardless of who wins.... :sad:

I have had doubts in the past about her and her committment, but she has gained a new level of respect from me this week.

Diesel
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Serena gets the props and respect for coming out there and not quitting. No one would have blamed her if she packed it in and went home.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I wanted it to be an all Williams FInal....but Serena needs to get healed..I really dont like it when Venus or Serena plays...when they are not playing well injured or not.....but clearly Serena was injured..so she needs to take care of that...Serena did us proud the other day when she fought against Hantuchova...chile Serena will be back and I can just about guarantee that Justine Henin is on her shit list to get...;) Right now..but right now its all about Miss Venus Williams....

sharapovarulz1
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah respect to her like she put up a good fight even though she maybe should have been resting her injurys......

Lulu.
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Indeed :worship:

Injuries and all she played on while most players would of quit

man4man
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Serena could have won the title.

Fidello
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:20 PM
:yawn:

Effy
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:28 PM
:zzz:

Jasmin
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah...she should have let it go after Daniela once she realized she injured her thumb. She can play maybe without the one leg but she needed that hand that she injured otherwise it's almost pointless. It's crazy that she won a set. Here's to hoping she comes back and beat down some people.

Craigy
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:42 PM
:zzz:

That's not very fair. 90% of players would have quit in Serena's circumstances. You know that :(
Serena fought well, And she'll bounce back after these injuries :)