PDA

View Full Version : Justine has beaten Serena 4 of last 6 matches

StephenUK
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Justine led 2-1 in 2003 and leads 2-1 in 2007. Overall, their head-to-head is 6-5 in favour of Serena because Serena led 2-0 in 2001 and 2-1 in 2002, but this was before Justine really hit the big time.
This grasscourt win is the first Justine win over a Williams on grass or even on a non-clay surface so it is a major breakthrough in her career.

rottweily
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'm noticing an indisputable trend ...

Smackie
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM
You know what, with these two, it's beyond who is more talented or who is better technically. It's about how much they want it on the day and how mentally tough.

In Miami it was Serena and in Paris it was Justine - today it's so close but Justine had the upper hand. It's fair to say that if there is one person they dread to face, it would only be each other.

I just can't wait when they meet again and Justine put the score right. Somehow, I get the feeling they may not meet for a while..don't know why.

jujufreak
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:38 PM
You know what, with these two, it's beyond who is more talented or who is better technically. It's about how much they want it on the day and how mentally tough.

In Miami it was Serena and in Paris it was Justine - today it's so close but Justine had the upper hand. It's fair to say that if there is one person they dread to face, it would only be each other.

I just can't wait when they meet again and Justine put the score right. Somehow, I get the feeling they may not meet for a while..don't know why.

Yup, it's all about the mental strength and self-belief. Confidence means good serves and lots of winners.

Why wouldn't they meet in New York :) ?

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Yes but some of yall act like this was the last Justine VS Serena match...I mean Serena DID beat Justine this year....lol THERE WILL BE OTHER MATCHES....Justine just got the upper hand today...but you can believe Serena is coming back you'd have to be crazy as a blue goose to think she's not..because just like Henin came back to win against Serena from Miami...Serena will do the same....sometimes she's has to take a few L's to get back on track...same thing happnened with her against Capriati a few years ago.

Stamp Paid
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I'm noticing an indisputable trend ...Me too. When healthy:
Justine wins on clay. Serena wins everywhere else.

Diesel
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Me too. When healthy:

Nothing's changed :haha:

Smackie
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Me too. When healthy:

Ah, but the trend is that Serena is healthy for a few tournies then get injured. :p

Thanx4nothin
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Yes and three were on clay :yawn: and 1 Serena was carrying 2 injuries.

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I notice a trend that Justine just beat Serena in 2 straight majors, and Serena 's 2 slam wins in the last 4 years were majors that Justine wasn't in.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I notice a trend that Justine just beat Serena in 2 straight majors, and Serena 's 2 slam wins in the last 4 years were majors that Justine wasn't in.

And the trend i see is that when Justine won both her hardcourt slams and her french 2005...Serena wasn't there. The trend i se is that Serena leads the head to head. The trend i see is that Serena has better winning percentages. The trend that i see is that Serena has more slams than Justine. The trend is see is that Serena is the best player of her generation...Justine is not.

minboy
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:11 AM
The major trend is still that Serena fans can't accept defeats though.

Serena lost, get over it!!!!What's the problem , seriously?? Is there like some unwritten law that nobody should dare to beat Serena or what???
It's not like Serena has been dominating the tour for years running , is it??

At first I was amused reading this board after Serena's defeats, just for the great laughs some delussionnal Serena fans would provide me with their posts... but now it's not even funny anymore.... it's just boring.

Serena-rules-no1
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:24 AM
the way it should be, Justine's game is class, Serena's just ballbashing

that said, I hate Justine's shitty personality :)

MistyGrey
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:02 AM
And Justine should've won that Miami match!

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:18 AM

but she didn't :wavey::tape:

Petersmiler
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:21 AM
My coffee tastes so bitter today again.

Bruno71
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:21 AM
The trend I see is that people are too hung up on trends.

MistyGrey
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM

No worries, Wimbledon and Roland Garros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miami :wavey:

DimaDinosaur
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:31 AM

But she WON today!!!! SO HOLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorceress
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:39 AM
The major trend is still that Serena fans can't accept defeats though.

Serena lost, get over it!!!!What's the problem , seriously?? Is there like some unwritten law that nobody should dare to beat Serena or what???
It's not like Serena has been dominating the tour for years running , is it??

At first I was amused reading this board after Serena's defeats, just for the great laughs some delussionnal Serena fans would provide me with their posts... but now it's not even funny anymore.... it's just boring.

Man I hear ya',there's always something.
Oh Serena was injured,oh it was on clay

FFS!
Accept defeat,it's beyond ridiculous,in every other sport even the hardcore fans can accept that their team/player was outplayed and admit it.

But Serena fans,hell will freeze over.

Serena was outplayed,she wasn't the better player,move on.

Brooks.
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:54 AM

and Serena should of won the French Open match in 03'

shoulda woulda coulda isn't going to get you anywhere

4 out of 5 of Justine's wins in the H2H have been on clay (Serena's worst and Justine's best)

Serena wasn't able to hit backhands properly throughout the entire match and she still had chances to win..congrats to Justine but she isn't dominating Serena like the thread implies...

Brαm
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Yes and three were on clay :yawn: and 1 Serena was carrying 2 injuries.Yeah it's not like clay is a real surface :shrug:

Hashim.
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:11 AM
hope they meet again..:p

Petersmiler
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:14 AM
and Serena should of won the French Open match in 03'

shoulda woulda coulda isn't going to get you anywhere

4 out of 5 of Justine's wins in the H2H have been on clay (Serena's worst and Justine's best)

Serena wasn't able to hit backhands properly throughout the entire match and she still had chances to win..congrats to Justine but she isn't dominating Serena like the thread implies...

I agree, there is now way Justine is dominating Serena.

However, it is much closer than some of Serena's fans will admit though.

Up until March we had...'Justine has never taken a set off Serena other than on clay'

Then it was ' Justine has never beaten Serena on anything other than clay'

But now it's '4 out of 5 wins have been on clay'

What next when she wins again?

Brooks.
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Up until March we had...'Justine has never taken a set off Serena other than on clay'

not many players have been able to beat Serena Williams 3 times in a row (I don't think any player has done it since 2002) so that will be a difficult task for Henin..no doubt that Henin has an edge on Serena right now but the same could've been said for Sharapova at the end of 2004

mckyle.
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Why can't we all just get along? Did Navratilova/Evert fans hate each other like this? Did Graf/Seles fans hate each other like this? It's just ridiculous. Why can't one fan base or the other admit that they are both great players who have compelling matches?

Petersmiler
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Why can't we all just get along? Did Navratilova/Evert fans hate each other like this? Did Graf/Seles fans hate each other like this? It's just ridiculous. Why can't one fan base or the other admit that they are both great players who have compelling matches?

I think a lot of fans from both sides do say this.

It's just a few, from both sides, that make the rest look bad.

Mind you, GM wouldn't be the same without a bit of a hoohah!

Slutiana
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:45 AM
No worries, Wimbledon and Roland Garros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miami :wavey:

well justine fans say 'a win is a win'. In rg..it didn't matter that it was her worst surface and justines best - a win is a win...Here at wimbledon....Serena was injured...it doesn't matter though - a win is a win...Although it is though of as 'the 5th grand slam' miami isnt a slam. However, Serena beat Henin in miami - A win is a win :wavey:

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Uhum...Justine for sure is getting the better out of Serena. No denying that. So Serena: What you gonna do about this now??

yicheng23
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:27 PM
The fact is that both of them are truly great players. No one can argue they are now the best players on tour. The fact that Justine's wins had come off from clay and when Serena is injured doesn't mean that Justine has no chance of beating a fit and healthy Serena off clay. This question however can be answered in the future when they both meet again won't they? I'm sure we are in for another exciting 2nd half of the season, that is providing both of them are on top of their form.

malaye
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM

:haha: You can bet on "4 out of 6 have been on clay..."

Martian KC
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I hope they meet at Flushing Meadows.:D

faste5683
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Serena will do the same....sometimes she's has to take a few L's to get back on track...same thing happnened with her against Capriati a few years ago.

Justine ain't no Capriati. Justine's an all court player.

:wavey:

MistyGrey
Jul 5th, 2007, 03:52 PM
well justine fans say 'a win is a win'. In rg..it didn't matter that it was her worst surface and justines best - a win is a win...Here at wimbledon....Serena was injured...it doesn't matter though - a win is a win...Although it is though of as 'the 5th grand slam' miami isnt a slam. However, Serena beat Henin in miami - A win is a win :wavey:
:lol:
Ofcourse Serena came back and won in Miami after getting bagelled in the first set, but like I said
Wimbledon and RG >>>>>>>>>>> Miami! :wavey:

Thanx4nothin
Sep 5th, 2007, 01:53 AM
It might be 5 out of last 7 now.

:lol: IS you mean, Serena just paying such a big price for not preparing and still deluding herself she's the queen.:(

matty
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:03 AM
I wonder if Serena really is pregnant? She looks bigger. She needs to trim down and get serious!

felipe2004
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:49 AM
3 out of last 3, and 5 out of last 7 :p