PDA

View Full Version : Another Serena Williams Response deserving of its own thread!!!!!

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM
No one does it better.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q. Are you disappointed with some of the comments from some former players who said you were being overdramatic against Hantuchova? I think Michael Stich said something like that.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't really read the press. I do know the pain I was in. I mean, my career is actually more stellar than Michael Stich's, so he can say whatever he pleases.

John.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I liked that :haha:

hablo
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Damn! What a response! :haha:

mauresmofan
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Yes it was great. She's right too - she obviously was not faking the pain. Her screams when she was getting her calf deeply massaged was definately authentic. She rode her luck when the rain came but it just shows what a formidable fighter she is the way she fought in the deciding set.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:20 PM
OOOPPPSSS poor Stci...well said Serena.

Maryamator
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:21 PM
:haha: u just gotta love serena:p

vwfan
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:23 PM
:lol:

K-Dog
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Ouch. Tell that douche bag off!!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM
You go Serena :lol:

That journalist who asked her that is messy though

Vlad Tepes
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:33 PM
:haha: Another example of the arrogant Serena, but this one is witty and well-deserved.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:34 PM
That prick deserved it. Speaking about what's going on in someone else's body like he would know how much pain she was in. Sort of like the dumbasses on this board saying Serena wasn't injured.

dreamgoddess099
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM
:haha: Another example of the arrogant Serena, but this one is witty and well-deserved.

If Serena's arrogant then what the hell is Micheal Stench?

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM

I know right, people can just say whatever they want and if the sisters respond, they are arrogant? He was the arrogant one in the first place to comment on her situation when he's not the one in it. When did this ass get his MD?

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
SERENA WILLIAMS: I mean, my career is actually more stellar than Michael Stich's, so he can say whatever he pleases.
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Slumpsova
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:44 PM
gosh he seems to be a clown to WTA players. he really needs to STFU.
i remembered Navratilova once called Michael Stich "one slam wonder" as well :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I mean, my career is actually more stellar than Michael Stich's, so he can say whatever he pleases.

Uh, this doesn't make sense.

new-york
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:49 PM
that one is a lil too easy.

HippityHop
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Uh, this doesn't make sense.

Of course it makes sense to anyone who is not trying to be deliberately dense. :smash:

Jakeev
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM
I think Michael Stich will be keeping comments to himself from now on:worship:

Tenis Srbija
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM
:rolleyes:

GoDominique
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:58 PM
And yes, this is an arrogant dumbass comment from Serena, and of course her dumbass fans fall of it.

By that logic, there are like three living persons who are allowed to comment on Serena.
I guess when Oracene tells Serena something, Serena's answer "STFU bitch, you haven't even won a slam".

Get off your high horse, Serena. You are not above criticism.

Meeek
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Ouch :lol:

cellophane
So only people with better careers than Serena can have an opinion about her? :scratch: She could have told him off without bringing her career into it.

davidmario
:hug: Germans def. get a bad rep. here in the U.S. But the two german people I have met were very very nice.

friends of me have been to the states and they had to answer questions like "is hitler still alive and do you know him?":rolleyes::lol:
But it's sad to see people who might know nothing about Germany and its history dare to make racist comments.

pigam
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:03 PM
friends of me have been to the states and they had to answer questions like "is hitler still alive and do you know him?":rolleyes::lol:
But it's sad to see people who might know nothing about Germany and its history dare to make racist comments.

it is indeed truely pathetic.

davidmario
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:04 PM
So only people with better careers than Serena can have an opinion about her? :scratch: She could have told him off without bringing her career into it.

But she was angry and wanted to fire back.

schorsch
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:05 PM
:haha: well done hahaahaha

mykarma
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM
And yes, this is an arrogant dumbass comment from Serena, and of course her dumbass fans fall of it.

By that logic, there are like three living persons who are allowed to comment on Serena.
I guess when Oracene tells Serena something, Serena's answer "STFU bitch, you haven't even won a slam".

Did you miss taking your meds? :help:

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Did you miss taking your meds? :help:

pigam
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Well, if it's offensive to you, my bad. Actually, I don't have anything against the country...know very little about it.

Maybe I was out of line, but many German posters don't like the Williams Sisters. I thought it was ironic that Stich said what he did. I didn't mean an offensive comment @ all.:eek:

It's almost like saying, "Belgians don't like American players" because of the Justine/Ree rivalry.

Fair enough.
I thought it was indeed offensive and just a bit below you regular standard of intelligence (as far as I know you). ;)
Iv' never noticed that many german posters don't like the WS. but if you say so :shrug:

But, never mind :)

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Fair enough.
I thought it was indeed offensive and just a bit below you regular standard of intelligence (as far as I know you). ;)
Iv' never noticed that many german posters don't like the WS. but if you say so :shrug:

Honestly, I've said some pretty low things, but yeah, I've noticed that the two posters who I am pretty sure are from Germany don't really like them. I wasn't thinking about anything outside of that. I should be more careful, indeed. That's how we get along.

pigam
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:26 PM
let's just all be sensible for a change and give it a rest. ;)

le bon vivant
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:26 PM
what the hell did Michael Stich say?

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM
what the hell did Michael Stich say?LOL! Umm...read the first post.

:inlove:
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Fucking love it. :hearts: :hearts:

raquel
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
gosh he seems to be a clown to WTA players. he really needs to STFU.
i remembered Navratilova once called Michael Stich "one slam wonder" as well :lol:Not just WTA players, sadly. He's always complaining during men's matches too that players aren't as good as when he played, and groups himself in with Sampras, Agassi, Becker etc. and yes - he was in that era - but he wasn't as up there with those guys competitively as he often makes out.

le bon vivant
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:32 PM
LOL! Umm...read the first post.

No, I mean like, what were his words. Not a hack sports journalist's paraphrase of his words used as bait. Which Serena definitely took.

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
No, I mean like, what were his words. Not a hack sports journalist's paraphrase of his words used as bait. Which Serena definitely took.Well, you've been to Europe since I have. Go to one of your hoity-toity European websites and find it, Mr.-I-need-to-know-the-exact-quote.

Fidello
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
:yawn:

le bon vivant
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Well, you've been to Europe since I have. Go to one of your hoity-toity European websites and find it, Mr.-I-need-to-know-the-exact-quote.Or I could ask your lover, GoDumdum. :tape::tape:

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:36 PM
:yawn:
I'm seriously hoping that this isn't an invitation. No thanks. :bolt:

Apoorv
stich shouldnt have said that. serena can also get a little more mature in her answers.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Or I could ask your lover, GoDumdum. :tape::tape:

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Or I could ask your lover, GoDumdum. :tape::tape:We're not lovers yet. We've only recently started seeing each other. We don't even know what we're going to call it yet. It's in between a friendship and a relationship.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM
stich shouldnt have said that. serena can also get a little more mature in her answers.

Why should she? Venus and Serena ALWAYS take the high road when people say stupid shit about them. They usually don't respond, but it's good to let people know that they have feelings too.

le bon vivant
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:38 PM
We're not lovers. We've only recently started seeing each other. We don't even know what we're going to call it yet. It's in between a friendship and a relationship.

LMAO! I know how that goes...
Make sure he knows what he wants before you both get too far!

HippityHop
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Why should she? Venus and Serena ALWAYS take the high road when people say stupid shit about them. They usually don't respond, but it's good to let people know that they have feelings too.

:worship: :worship:

Absolutely. Why should they be the ones always expected to swallow bullshit with a smile on their faces? :mad:

davidmario
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Fair enough.

actually I just know one hater: GoDumb

There aren't many german posters here but for this little amount there are pretty much WS fans.

Pureracket
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
actually I just know one hater: GoDumb

There aren't many german posters here but for this little amount there are pretty much WS fans.
Aren't Langers and Reuchlin German too?

ce
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:51 PM

Fidello
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:52 PM
I'm seriously hoping that this isn't an invitation. No thanks. :bolt:Pretty please?

davidmario
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM

I don't know. they don't have the flag above their avatar so maybe they don't identify with germany and can't be considered as being a german;)
at least they aren't posting in some of the german threads.

rjd1111
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:34 PM

Q. Are you disappointed with some of the comments from some former players who said you were being overdramatic against Hantuchova? I think Michael Stich said something like that.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't really read the press. I do know the pain I was in. I mean, my career is actually more stellar than Michael Stich's, so he can say whatever he pleases.

Michael Who!

lol

Scotso
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM

Agreed.

GoDominique
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
No they aren't.

So obviously your hatred on Germans makes you assume that all Williams "haters" are Germans, which makes your hatred even stronger.

Interesting case. :)

schorsch
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:54 PM
i have never heard stich say something really intelligent though haha. and i mean this time serena had every right to say that. its enough she has to deal with all these injuries and there goes a "one-slam-wonder" as navratliova put it commenting on that. obviously we wanna know the commentators opinions, but you should never say things like that about injuries.

cellophane
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:56 PM
i have never heard stich say something really intelligent though haha. and i mean this time serena had every right to say that. its enough she has to deal with all these injuries and there goes a "one-slam-wonder" as navratliova put it commenting on that. obviously we wanna know the commentators opinions, but you should never say things like that about injuries.

What does him winning one slam have to do with his ability as a commentator?

Serena-rules-no1
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:21 AM

good post, I had just the same ideas

still some people find hilarious such a retarded comment like she did

zayos_10
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:26 AM
maybe it sounds a little bit rude, but i guess I would‘ve said the same thing if i was Serena.

doddel
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:46 AM
1025: "I never criticised Serena Williams' career and I believe she was in pain but I think it was a little bit of overreacting. Then she comes out and plays really good tennis against Henin and after losing says she would have won the match if she was 100% fit. I think that's disrespectful."
BBC Five Live pundit Michael Stich hits back at Serena Williams

hwanmig
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Frankly the one Wimbledon Stich won was better earned than Serena's eight grand slams.

tennisbear7
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
What the hell?

WF4EVER
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Serena's response was priceless. Funny as hell, too.

I'm sure no one really believes that you have to be more accomplished than another person to have an opinion about them but Stich's comments were quite stupid and took a direct hit at Serena's integrity , epecially when it was so obvious that she was in pain and barely able to move.

His comments were deserving of Serena's response.

And since Stich thinks this generation of players is so inferior to his maybe he should come out of retirement and try playing again. I guess what's he's really trying to insinuate is that he is such an underachiever because they were much better players back then.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM
That was a pretty good comeback, but she still hasn't topped her "lack of a formal education" quip she shot at Hingis a few years back.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
that honestly was :worship: and she said it so nonchalantly that it was like, duh :lol:

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Stich had no right to say what he said. He doesn't know Serena and he isn't a doctor.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Stich had no right to say what he said. He doesn't know Serena and he isn't a doctor.

right but to some tards, Serena is the one out of hand. Are there any other players that recieve as much critisism as Serena and Venus Williams? I wonder what the link is.....

Bijoux0021
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Frankly the one Wimbledon Stich won was better earned than Serena's eight grand slams.

How is that? Is it because he was only good enough to win just one?

Bijoux0021
Jul 5th, 2007, 01:55 PM
We have to give it to Stich. Many former players, especially mediocre ones, know exactly who to take a shot at if they want to get some attention. And there are none better than Serena and Venus.

LCS
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Aahahaha great answer!

Chunchun
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Bitch :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

tennis ace
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
What the hell get some sense he started the damn thing he should have kept his fucking mouth shut.

Chance
Jul 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
love it!

But I can't believe people are questioning Serena's injury... my commentators were making fun of what happend in the 4th round... Serena might be a drama queen sometimes, but from what I saw Serena looked to be in a lot of pain plus Serena isn't that great of an actress ;)

rrfnpump
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:06 PM
What do we do with me? :shrug:
I am German, a Venus hater, but I like Serena.

However, Serena's comments this week were truly arrogant. I dont know what she wants to prove with that.

LeRoy.
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM
I would have loved to see Michael Stich's face when he first heard/read about Serena's response :lol: :rolls:

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
What the hell get some sense he started the damn thing he should have kept his fucking mouth shut.

How very mature.

ivanban
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Of all Serena's arrogant responses I in fact like this one :lol:
But still, having more stellar career than someone doesn't make you a better person

Douce
Jul 5th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Get off your high horse, Serena. You are not above criticism.[/QUOTE]

shut up, thats basically insult to injury, thats like if you were screaming @ the top of your lungs in pain and someone beside you says "are you faking that" you wanna punch them in the face, i can understand criticism of ones game, but of ones injury, a great champion at that!! get serious.

woosey
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:03 PM
:haha: that was some funny isht.

why is it ok that momo was tellin off the journalist? she was using profanity too.

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM

shes absolutely right. i think he was lucky to win the one grand slam he does have

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM

jealous

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 08:58 PM
shes absolutely right. i think he was lucky to win the one grand slam he does have

Stich is still a better tennis player than Serena, no matter how many slams she wins. :shrug:

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Stich is still a better tennis player than Serena, no matter how many slams she wins. :shrug:

u cant compare a women player to a man. no one could ever make the argument of being of the best of his generation.

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM
u cant compare a women player to a man. no one could ever make the argument of being of the best of his generation.

Well, tell that to Serena. She is comparing their careers. :shrug: She's obviously achieved more in her career as a female tennis player than he did as a male, but he'd probably beat her at tennis any day of the week. It doesn't matter anyway, but then I realize she was pissed and thus resorted to this answer instead of something else that showed she was pissed off, but that wasn't as lame.

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM
So cellophane...Stich was right in saying what he said?

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:23 PM
So cellophane...Stich was right in saying what he said?

No, I don't think I said anywhere that he was? Whether he was right or wrong is kind of beside the point. Serena was definitely injured, but she was clearly playing great tennis after the rain delay however badly injured he was. Whether Stich made nasty comments or not is really not the issue.

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
No, I don't think I said anywhere that he was? Whether he was right or wrong is kind of beside the point. Serena was definitely injured, but she was clearly playing great tennis after the rain delay however badly injured he was. Whether Stich made nasty comments or not is really not the issue.

It IS an issue..because it's because of those comments that Serena felt the need to react...yet you slammed Serena, defended Stich. Sooo..

harloo
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Who's checking for Stich? I mean his only claim to fame these days if harshly criticizing an injured top female player then after she puts him on blast trying to hit back. I'm pretty sure after Wimbledon we won't hear about him. :o

cartmancop
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I love it :lol: Telling him to shut the hell up basically...

Was it Graf the one who responded to Krajicek's comment about 90% of WTA tour players being fat pigs with something slammed back in is face? 22 vs 1 slam :lol: I can't remember who it was at the time, but one of the top players let him have it for that remark...

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Well, tell that to Serena. She is comparing their careers. :shrug: She's obviously achieved more in her career as a female tennis player than he did as a male, but he'd probably beat her at tennis any day of the week. It doesn't matter anyway, but then I realize she was pissed and thus resorted to this answer instead of something else that showed she was pissed off, but that wasn't as lame.

u can compare skill levels between the two because men players are stronger and would easily beat any other players but you can compare careers. serena was able to dominate the competition while Stitch was not. Serene wouldnt have had to make this comment if Stitch didnt make his. its quite insensitive to criticze someone for how they react to pain. we dont know what serena was feeling so we dont have the ritght to criticize and this is coming from someone who is not a fan of her (dont dislike her just not a fan)

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
It IS an issue..because it's because of those comments that Serena felt the need to react...yet you slammed Serena, defended Stich. Sooo..

I defended Stich's right to hold an opinion about Serena, not his opinion (and btw, even if I did defend his opinion, so what?). Serena is going to slam anyone who has an opinion about her she doesn't like? Serena can think Stich is an asshole... I don't really have a problem with that in itself... except that I see a pattern with her when any criticism of her comes up.

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm seriously hoping that this isn't an invitation. No thanks. :bolt:
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:46 PM
What does him winning one slam have to do with his ability as a commentator?
What ability?

mashamaniac
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:47 PM
that was just great response by serena!

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:50 PM
right but to some tards, Serena is the one out of hand. Are there any other players that recieve as much critisism as Serena and Venus Williams? I wonder what the link is.....
The same people that are talking shit about Serena are praising Mauresmo for her response to a reporter. :shrug:

bandabou
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I defended Stich's right to hold an opinion about Serena, not his opinion (and btw, even if I did defend his opinion, so what?). Serena is going to slam anyone who has an opinion about her she doesn't like? Serena can think Stich is an asshole... I don't really have a problem with that in itself... except that I see a pattern with her when any criticism of her comes up.

If you defend someone's opinion..means you agree with him and thus you think he was right. If you think he was right, means you agree that Serena was faking her injury against Hantuchova.

That's a big thing to say, without ANY evidence whatsoever. People have gone to court for lesser acusasions. Stich doesn't have ANY right to say what he said, because he DOESN'T know. You come here and act all funny...was it fun too when people questioned Justine's injury at the '06 oz open final or even better '03 u.s.open SF?? Because she did an even better one than Serena then..after being on IF a day before, comes out and trashes Kim for the title..was she a drama-queen too??

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I guess we're all ENTITLED to an opinion, but it doesn't make it valid :shrug:

eg. (sorry Brettles)

Tim: "I have a lump on my underarm"
Brettles: "You have cancer"

I guess Tim better go get a biopsy, because someone w/ NO medical training had an opinion on his health.

My guess is that Michael has never shared more than 5 words with Serena face to face, so what right does he have to judge her personality or her ability to push through injuries :shrug:

I could go further into it, but I mean, hey, people are always going to have things to say about other people. Especially people that they don't know.

He had an opinion about Serena, and Serena had one about him :shrug: Why can't she say something about his unwarranted comments about her :shrug:

mykarma
Jul 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Of course not. As long as it's anyone other than Venus or Serena it's ok.

Melly Flew Us
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:02 PM
so what? why don't you defend serena's right to an opinion without mentioning whether or not you agree with it?

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
If you defend someone's opinion..means you agree with him and thus you think he was right. If you think he was right, means you agree that Serena was faking her injury against Hantuchova.

Here we go again. I said I defend his "right to an opinion", not his actual opinion.

That's a big thing to say, without ANY evidence whatsoever. People have gone to court for lesser acusasions. Stich doesn't have ANY right to say what he said, because he DOESN'T know. You come here and act all funny...was it fun too when people questioned Justine's injury at the '06 oz open final or even better '03 u.s.open SF?? Because she did an even better one than Serena then..after being on IF a day before, comes out and trashes Kim for the title..was she a drama-queen too??:lol: I questioned Justine's "injury" in '06 myself actually so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up (in an attempt once again to shw I'm a hypocrite or something? :lol:)... As for "he doesn't know Serena", no, he doesn't know her, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to his opinion about the state of her injury. Otherwise commentators would just talk in facts all the time. :shrug:

cellophane
Jul 5th, 2007, 10:48 PM
so what? why don't you defend serena's right to an opinion without mentioning whether or not you agree with it?

I didn't criticize her for having an opinion... I criticized the opinion itself or rather it way it was phrased. But whatever, she was pissed, so I get what she said. It's just with Serena there is a tendency to not like criticism period. Sure, she can have the opinion that all her critics don't know shit, but it makes it seem like her ego is the size of Earth sometimes.

raquel
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Was it Graf the one who responded to Krajicek's comment about 90% of WTA tour players being fat pigs with something slammed back in is face? 22 vs 1 slam :lol: I can't remember who it was at the time, but one of the top players let him have it for that remark...Graf was never one for giving back answers like that. The only time I can remember Graf saying something back in response was when Sabatini said something Graf was struggling because there's a lot of pressure being world number 1. Graf said "How would she know about the pressure of being number 1?" :devil: Touché.

When Krajicek said that I know Martina Navratilova said something like "I know he's not talking about me because my body fat is less than his." In fairness to Krajicek a lot of players could have been fitter back then, even if his remarks were uncalled for. He's always been a bit cheeky. I remember he said something about Anna Kournikova like "I hate women's tennis but I could happily watch Anna play shuttlecock for hours" :o

Stich should not have waded into this. How does he know how bad Serena was? She looked clearly in pain and it's not like she was 6-0, 5-0 down when she got treatment. She was leading.

friendsita
Jul 5th, 2007, 11:42 PM

Who the hell is that stich guy???

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Here we go again. I said I defend his "right to an opinion", not his actual opinion.

:lol: I questioned Justine's "injury" in '06 myself actually so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up (in an attempt once again to shw I'm a hypocrite or something? :lol:)... As for "he doesn't know Serena", no, he doesn't know her, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to his opinion about the state of her injury. Otherwise commentators would just talk in facts all the time. :shrug:

but what was there to be critical about this time? it was obvious that Serena was injured..so that's it no? Not much left to say, but Stich has to call her dramaqueen and stuff.

I see, that you have a different view. Ok. cool.. at least be man to say that you think serena was faking...only way you can defende Stich's right to opinion.

Jarrett
Jul 6th, 2007, 07:56 AM

:lol: I questioned Justine's "injury" in '06 myself actually so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up (in an attempt once again to shw I'm a hypocrite or something? :lol:)... As for "he doesn't know Serena", no, he doesn't know her, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to his opinion about the state of her injury. Otherwise commentators would just talk in facts all the time. :shrug:

I agree with Cellophane. Just because you defend someone's right to have an opinion doesn't mean you agree with the person.

LucasArg
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I love you Serena! :hearts:

meyerpl
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:11 AM
The cramp incident spawned a multitude of great quotes.

John McEnroe said something like, "I used to have my doubts about whether Serena could make it in Hollywood, but after watching her match against Hantuchova, not anymore." McEnroe went on to say he feels strongly that unseemly on-court antics taint a player's legacy.

Richard Williams said that anyone who thinks Serena was being over-dramatic is a "crazy person". Richard said they're "crazy". Richard then went on to say that the dog in his head is annoying the woman in his stomach.

Richard Williams actually compared Serena to Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson! Serena responded by getting a tattoo that covers half her face and biting part of Richard's ear off.

Petersmiler
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:22 AM
but what was there to be critical about this time? it was obvious that Serena was injured..so that's it no? Not much left to say, but Stich has to call her dramaqueen and stuff.

I see, that you have a different view. Ok. cool.. at least be man to say that you think serena was faking...only way you can defende Stich's right to opinion.

Bandabou, I really respect your posts normally, but here you are clearly trying to trap Cellophane.

It's called the right to freedom of speech.

At no point did he say he agreed with the comments, just that he defended his right to say them.

Can you really not see the difference?

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I agree with Cellophane. Just because you defend someone's right to have an opinion doesn't mean you agree with the person.

Ok...but so does Serena have the right to tell Stich to back off...because he quetioned her character. That's serious.

Petersmiler
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Ok...but so does Serena have the right to tell Stich to back off...because he quetioned her character. That's serious.

She has the right to say whatever she likes.

tennisbear7
Jul 6th, 2007, 08:40 AM
This is the beauty of Serena. Instead of having eight pages of argument, Serena could have shut us all up with one line :lol:.

Serena responds to criticism by ignoring it. I think that her ability to just shun the naysayers and focus on herself and her family is great, because she doesn't dwell on negative public perception. And when people do criticise her, they are dooming themselves to witnessing more Serena triumphs on court in the future.

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Bandabou, I really respect your posts normally, but here you are clearly trying to trap Cellophane.

At no point did he say he agreed with the comments, just that he defended his right to say them.

I see the difference...but Stich slammed Serena, so Serena reacted...but cello says that Serena is wrong. Why??

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM
She has the right to say whatever she likes.

Exactly..so what's cello talking about?

MK hamster
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Stich was right... Typical classless response we've come to expect from Williams...

Petersmiler
Jul 6th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I see the difference...but Stich slammed Serena, so Serena reacted...but cello says that Serena is wrong. Why??

I'm guessing that is just his opinion, that she was wrong. If that is the case then I don't agree, I personally thought it was a fabulous response!

I was really only commenting on the freedom of speech issue, Stich has it, Serena has it, Cello has it and even you and I have it. That's all really.

bandabou
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I'm guessing that is just his opinion, that she was wrong. If that is the case then I don't agree, I personally thought it was a fabulous response!

I was really only commenting on the freedom of speech issue, Stich has it, Serena has it, Cello has it and even you and I have it. That's all really.

it's cool..

dania
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Her answer wasn`t really to the point,but I`m glad she responded.I don`t get why these journalists and former players are allowed to say everything they want about a player but they are not allowed to fight back,because that makes them bitchy or arrogat.

Hashim.
Jul 6th, 2007, 10:59 AM
:spit::haha:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:29 AM
keep em coming Serena! :woohoo: I support anyone who stands up to comments about their integrity....players take alot of S from the press and keep quiet and when they finally respond its like the sky is falling...

btw how come some poeple laud MoMo for her comments but claim Serena is arrogant

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:02 PM
While it was obvious that she was injured in the 2nd set, but given how well she played in the 3rd (and moved pretty decently), it's a matter of opinion how badly she was injured, so it's not like his claim is totally "out of thin air". I don't think the implication was that she was faking, but rather that she wasn't injured as badly as what she was acting like.
I see, that you have a different view. Ok. cool.. at least be man to say that you think serena was faking...only way you can defende Stich's right to opinion.For the last time, I didn't say she was faking (and that's not what he said) and I didn't even say I agree with him.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:09 PM

No, maybe she isn't wrong.... like I said I just hate that Serena replies to negative criticism by lashing out most of the time aka "How dare they criticize me".

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:11 PM
This is the beauty of Serena. Instead of having eight pages of argument, Serena could have shut us all up with one line :lol:.

Serena responds to criticism by ignoring it. I think that her ability to just shun the naysayers and focus on herself and her family is great, because she doesn't dwell on negative public perception. And when people do criticise her, they are dooming themselves to witnessing more Serena triumphs on court in the future.

Except she usually doesn't.

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I love it :lol: Telling him to shut the hell up basically...

Was it Graf the one who responded to Krajicek's comment about 90% of WTA tour players being fat pigs with something slammed back in is face? 22 vs 1 slam :lol: I can't remember who it was at the time, but one of the top players let him have it for that remark...
I bet whoever said it didn't get pages and pages of criticism like Serena has received for defending herself. When Momo curses in her interview with a journalist, it's funny, but if Serena is defending her character, she's wrong. I really don't get it.

This guy insults Serena on national television and she's being dogged for telling him to kiss her ass in a nice way. It's amazing that the sisters winning brings out the worse in some people. They just can't stand it :lol::lol::lol:.
Come on Vee!!!

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I bet whoever said it didn't get pages and pages of criticism like Serena has received for defending herself. When Momo curses in her interview with a journalist, it's funny, but if Serena is defending her character, she's wrong. I really don't get it.

This guy insults Serena on national television and she's being dogged for telling him to kiss her ass in a nice way.

Saying someone is a drama queen / faker is less severe than saying 90 percent of women are fat pigs. The latter is quite a lot more ignorant .

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:30 PM
The cramp incident spawned a multitude of great quotes.

John McEnroe said something like, "I used to have my doubts about whether Serena could make it in Hollywood, but after watching her match against Hantuchova, not anymore." McEnroe went on to say he feels strongly that unseemly on-court antics taint a player's legacy.

Richard Williams said that anyone who thinks Serena was being over-dramatic is a "crazy person". Richard said they're "crazy". Richard then went on to say that the dog in his head is annoying the woman in his stomach.

Richard Williams actually compared Serena to Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson! Serena responded by getting a tattoo that covers half her face and biting part of Richard's ear off.
Richard compared Serena to a young Mike Tyson and if you saw the interview you know he was talking about her determination and heart.

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:35 PM

What Cellophane's initial point was that Serena was wrong for defending herself against being attacked by Stich which is bullshit.

polishprodigy
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Lol, that is funny.

cellophane
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:38 PM
What Cellophane's initial point was that Serena was wrong for defending herself against being attacked by Stich which is bullshit.

No, that wasn't my point.

mykarma
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Saying someone is a drama queen / faker is less severe than saying 90 percent of women are fat pigs. The latter is quite a lot more ignorant .
He was talking about Serena specifically not 90% of the players. Do you see the difference if I said, "everyone that thinks Serena was faking is an asshole vs. saying Cellophane is an asshole if he thinks Serena is faking"? I would be insulting you specifically and you would have every right to come back at me. This guy was attacking Serena's integrity which is much worse. She said this was the worse pain she'd ever experienced in her life. Assuming this is true, how would you expect her to react. How would you have reacted? Also, if she wasn't hurt she wouldn't have lost the second set by just standing there. It's really just plain common sense.

RAA
Jul 6th, 2007, 01:52 PM
for the life of me I cannot figure out why people thought serena was faking.. i mean.. honestly.. she's never done that before.. and you could literally see her calf muscle cramping.. it looked horrid..
and then, well, she got some treatment and had a rain delay and managed to get the win.

its a great story and i'm not sure why people want to disparage her rather than laud her..
sheesh.

DA FOREHAND
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:12 PM
for the life of me I cannot figure out why people thought serena was faking.. i mean.. honestly.. she's never done that before.. and you could literally see her calf muscle cramping.. it looked horrid..
and then, well, she got some treatment and had a rain delay and managed to get the win.

its a great story and i'm not sure why people want to disparage her rather than laud her..
sheesh.

I don't know I mean she's clearly the best player of this generation, she's been a dominant number one, she has the best record -v- #1 ranked players, she's won eight slams, including the career slam, won four slams in a row, she's fought and won against a mob of hate at Indian Wells, and she has a career slam in doubles.

Oh wait I forgot and she's black. I guess that makes her character questionable in some people's eyes.

Anyway keep up the good fight Serena you rock F*** all the haters trying blow out your falme.:worship:

Onyxangel
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
I don't know I mean she's clearly the best player of this generation, she's been a dominant number one, she has the best record -v- #1 ranked players, she's won eight slams, including the career slam, won four slams in a row, she's fought and won against a mob of hate at Indian Wells, and she has a career slam in doubles.
Oh wait I forgot and she's black. I guess that makes her character questionable in some people's eyes.

Anyway keep up the good fight Serena you rock F*** all the haters trying blow out your falme.:worship:

You know anyone that hates the Yankees? Or the Patriots? or the Lakers? I do... TONS of people in fact... pretty much anyone who doesn't like them hates them... Why? Because they constantly beat down your favorite teams and their fans let you hear about it afterward. Rena is no different... when you're too good at a given sport, people are going to hate you for that reason... THIS IS COMING FROM A HUGE SERENA FAN!!!! So could you shove the racism BS for just one god damn thread?

DA FOREHAND
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:32 PM
You know anyone that hates the Yankees? Or the Patriots? or the Lakers? I do... TONS of people in fact... pretty much anyone who doesn't like them hates them... Why? Because they constantly beat down your favorite teams and their fans let you hear about it afterward. Rena is no different... when you're too good at a given sport, people are going to hate you for that reason... THIS IS COMING FROM A HUGE SERENA FAN!!!! So could you shove the racism BS for just one god damn thread?

NOPE

I call a spade a spade, and apparently so do many of Serena's detractors.

meyerpl
Jul 7th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Richard compared Serena to a young Mike Tyson and if you saw the interview you know he was talking about her determination and heart.
Really??? I thought he was referring to the 2007 Mike Tyson who babbles unintelligably and is seriously considering fighting a women in the ring.:haha:

I got what Richard meant, but Jesus Christ, you'd think of all the fighters in the world he could compare his daughter to he'd come up with someone better than Mike Tyson. That's like comparing your kid to a comedian and dropping Pee Wee Herman. Tyson is a walking, talking train wreck that just keeps crashing over and over again. You don't drop his name in the same breath as your daughter's. Richard cracks me up.

Anyway, lighten up. Look at my whole post. It was intended to be humorous, not serious. If you don't think it's funny, hey, that's why I'm on WTAworld instead of Comedy Central.

Pleasantville
Jul 7th, 2007, 05:31 AM
ouchhhh

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 7th, 2007, 05:36 AM
...you'd think of all the fighters in the world he could compare his daughter to he'd come up with someone better than Mike Tyson.

There was perhaps NO fighter better than YOUNG (ie, Cus Damato(sp) era) Mike Tyson at that same age. It is a compliment of the HIGHEST order.

meyerpl
Jul 7th, 2007, 05:59 AM
There was perhaps NO fighter better than YOUNG (ie, Cus Damato(sp) era) Mike Tyson at that same age. It is a compliment of the HIGHEST order.
Yeah, Mike was good. Pee Wee was funny too. The comparison is hilarious. Seriously, I love it. That's why they keep hauling Richard in front of the camera and putting a microphone in front of him. Like him or not, Richard is always going to drop at least one gem. Mike Tyson. Fuck, other than Charlie Manson, I can't think of a crazier dude to compare your daughter to.

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 7th, 2007, 06:07 AM
The problem you have is separating the ability and talent from the thug. :lol: I have no such problem. For example, if I look at a particular running back and said "Damn, he runs like O.J. Simpson," maybe you'd find that offensive, but anybody familiar with Simpson's skills as a running back would KNOW that was a great compliment.

Another example: I don't like Justine. I think she has very little integrity and has cheated, but if I said about a player's game, "I think she's a young Justine Henin," am I calling that player a dishonorable cheat? Of course not. I'm simply separating the talent from the personality. :shrug: Pretty simple really.

meyerpl
Jul 7th, 2007, 06:34 AM
The problem you have is separating the ability and talent from the thug. :lol: I have no such problem. For example, if I look at a particular running back and said "Damn, he runs like O.J. Simpson," maybe you'd find that offensive, but anybody familiar with Simpson's skills as a running back would KNOW that was a great compliment.

Another example: I don't like Justine. I think she has very little integrity and has cheated, but if I said about a player's game, "I think she's a young Justine Henin," am I calling that player a dishonorable cheat? Of course not. I'm simply separating the talent from the personality. :shrug: Pretty simple really.
I don't find it offensive at all! Richard compared Serena to Mike Tyson. I can't make shit like that up. Nobody could! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Serena brought that up to Richard: "Dad.....you compared me to Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson!! What the fuck were you drinking?? If you google "crazy shit Mike Tyson has done" you get 360,000 hits!"