PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon is FAR from over folks.

mdterp01
Jul 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM
However, Justine has an edge being in the semifinal. Venus just played her fourth round match and has a tough bottom section to get through. However, Venus' confidence has to be on a major high after beating Sharapova. And when Venus gets confident in the second week of Wimbledon? Well, no need to state the obvious. But, its hard to now say Venus will take the title because while she played great today, who knows what Venus will show up in the next match. But, going with what we have...a 3 time Wimbledon champion vs the field who has ZERO Wimbledon champions...I'm gonna go with Venus until someone can beat her.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Yup..its far from over..but the positive thing to see is that Venus has stepped up her game..and when she did that in 2005...she didnt fall off of it. Only way we are going to tell is how well she does this next match...Venus showed A LOT of confident in 05 when she had to carry the torch for the family..back in 05...I'm expecting her to do that same now.

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Olga Morozova gave an interview where she said she thinks Sveta will become a great grass court player. That she can serve and volley, hit slices, and moves well.
She said that when Sharapova, who had won here, was still in the tournament.

Now I'm looking forward to watching Sveta on grass. She might develop on grass like Olga predicts.
It will probably take a few years tho..

Tennisstar86
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:32 PM
If Venus can serve the way she served today, she will win this Title...Its hers to lose.... There is noone in the draw/ on the tour who can beat Venus playing the way she played today....