PDA

View Full Version : Marion Bartoli's new ranking

Barbapapa
Jul 4th, 2007, 06:31 PM
What will be Marion Bartoli's new ranking if...

... She loose in semi final?
... She loose in final?
... She win Wimbledon 2007?

Thanx :)!!!!!

Barbapapa
Jul 4th, 2007, 06:44 PM
:bounce: !!!!!

Dexter
Jul 4th, 2007, 07:31 PM
She's #16 with her result so far. If Venus wins the title she will drop one place down.

She will be #11 if she gets to the final and #9 if she wins the title. :unsure: :tape:

IanRadi
Jul 4th, 2007, 07:34 PM
In a few weeks she will be a top ten, don' worry! ;)

Barbapapa
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Only 16th... I though she had a better ranking...

SzavayFi
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:23 PM
i cant wait to see marion on the top ten come along sunday :bowdown:

ALLLLLEEEEEZZZ!!!!!

Poova
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
So she's #9 after Wimbledon basically :hearts:

sharapovarulz1
Jul 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Cool, keep it up Bartoli you are doing great!

©@®eLess
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
She is a one time wonder GS semifinalist - joining the list of Dokic,Stevenson,Lucic,Clarisa Fernandez....

she better get to the final...elsewhere.... :o

Lapin
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
:bigclap: Bonne Chance Marion et ALLEZ!!! :bigclap:

empressionist
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
She is a one time wonder GS semifinalist - joining the list of Dokic,Stevenson,Lucic,Clarisa Fernandez....

couldn't have said it better myself. totally agree with you on this

Lulu.
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Keep the run going Marion :yeah:

Poova
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Aww, someone's still bitter that she beat Jelena. :hug:

©@®eLess
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:33 PM

no actually i hope she gets to finals...cause we all know the destiny of earlier mentioned players

Lulu.
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:35 PM

Yeah they still are :lol: but who cares Marion is in the Semis while Jelena is at home or wherever the hell she is

Scotso
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry, but they're telling the truth. It's a sign of how poor women's tennis is right now that someone of Bartoli's level and in such poor shape can make the SF of a grand slam.

Zombielicious
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:41 PM
:D

Allez Marion!

switz
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM
so much for all the people saying Bartoli was over ranked purely of low tier tournaments :o

switz
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry, but they're telling the truth. It's a sign of how poor women's tennis is right now that someone of Bartoli's level and in such poor shape can make the SF of a grand slam.

i don't disagree that the women's game is in a bad way but even Bartoli won a slam beating the best 7 players ever to play the game most people on here would find a way to discredit her.

Josh.
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Marion! :yeah:

Scotso
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
She wouldn't do that, though. It wouldn't happen. She hasn't beaten the top tier in this tournament, not even close. Jankovic is downright awful at times, and she was against Bartoli.

If she were to win this title, I would give her props, but it still wouldn't mean that she was a "great" player. But she won't win the title.

Josh.
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM

bartoli earned that spot. she out played jankovic and then beat misa. stop being such a hater

Scotso
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Not everyone that offers criticism is a hater. I'm just telling the truth.

I never said she didn't earn it, I said that it shows how weak women's tennis is. And you're right, Bartoli outplayed her. But that's because Jankovic played so poorly. :shrug:

partbrit
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Women's tennis at this Wimbledon has not been weak at all; in fact, it has had unusual depth, making Bartoli's wins even more significant. Thank goodness for upsets (though I hate it when it happens to my faves, as it did to JJ), or why bother to play at all?

janko
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Not everyone that offers criticism is a hater. I'm just telling the truth.

I never said she didn't earn it, I said that it shows how weak women's tennis is. And you're right, Bartoli outplayed her. But that's because Jankovic played so poorly. :shrug:

Yeah, Marion is a lucky girl, mainly because Melissa Torres wasn't in the draw to destroy everybody!:rolleyes: :devil:

What's up with Marion? she's playing clean tennis.
Little, ugly, one-eyed, or fat tennis players do have the right to win !:devil:

Ackms421
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Some of those names you mentioned are inconsistent. Mary Joe Fernandez was a consistent performer and actually made 3 grand slam finals; she was also in the top 10, and top 5 for extended periods. Dokic also had an exellent run following her wimbedon quarter (she made the semis the next year); she also got to #4 I believe. So these are not necessarily players who had *one* flash of brilliance and then disapeared.

If you want to throw Bartoli in with Stevenson, Clarisa, and Lucic, the problem is Bartoli performs more consistently than any of those players ever did. Sure, she has not yet performed consistently at the highest level, but her game has gotten sharper and this doesn't look like a fluke to me.

Obviously she's in lackluster shape compared to top players, but her strength is what she can do with the ball on the run (as she is 'on the run' so much). Also, give her half a chance to set up and it's seles-like. She is also not as slow as some people think.

I say if she drops 20 pounds, she's top ten for sure...

Scotso
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Marion is a lucky girl, mainly because Melissa Torres wasn't in the draw to destroy everybody!:rolleyes: :devil:

Why do people go this route? I never brought up Melissa, so why should you? I've never made grand claims about Melissa's ability and never claimed she was better than Marion. If this is the best argument you can come up with, you're pretty stupid.

Poova
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Women's tennis at this Wimbledon has not been weak at all; in fact, it has had unusual depth, making Bartoli's wins even more significant. Thank goodness for upsets (though I hate it when it happens to my faves, as it did to JJ), or why bother to play at all?
Agreed, the women are probably outdoing the men in terms of depth at Wimbledon this year. :lol:

janko
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Why do people go this route? I never brought up Melissa, so why should you? I've never made grand claims about Melissa's ability and never claimed she was better than Marion. If this is the best argument you can come up with, you're pretty stupid.

oh poor darling, the world is so unfair:sad:

Alizé Molik
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:07 AM
i don't disagree that the women's game is in a bad way but even Bartoli won a slam beating the best 7 players ever to play the game most people on here would find a way to discredit her.

exactly...i was hoping people would shut up after she beat Jankovic but apparently not.

pwayne
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:11 AM

I agree with you on the one-time SF.

pwayne
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:14 AM
She wouldn't do that, though. It wouldn't happen. She hasn't beaten the top tier in this tournament, not even close. Jankovic is downright awful at times, and she was against Bartoli.

If she were to win this title, I would give her props, but it still wouldn't mean that she was a "great" player. But she won't win the title.

Agree with you on post. The rain definitely helped Marion out against Jelena and Michaella which took out the fitness factor.

Tenis Srbija
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Marion top ten :weirdo: :tape: :help:

Tenis Srbija
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Yeah they still are :lol: but who cares Marion is in the Semis while Jelena is at home or wherever the hell she is

Serena joined her :wavey:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Only 16th... I though she had a better ranking...

the top 20 is really dense. a lot of the players have very good results in random places, so getting to one semifinal doesn't make too much of a difference.

----------

Some of those names you mentioned are inconsistent. Mary Joe Fernandez was a consistent performer and actually made 3 grand slam finals; she was also in the top 10, and top 5 for extended periods. Dokic also had an exellent run following her wimbedon quarter (she made the semis the next year); she also got to #4 I believe. So these are not necessarily players who had *one* flash of brilliance and then disapeared.

If you want to throw Bartoli in with Stevenson, Clarisa, and Lucic, the problem is Bartoli performs more consistently than any of those players ever did. Sure, she has not yet performed consistently at the highest level, but her game has gotten sharper and this doesn't look like a fluke to me.

Obviously she's in lackluster shape compared to top players, but her strength is what she can do with the ball on the run (as she is 'on the run' so much). Also, give her half a chance to set up and it's seles-like. She is also not as slow as some people think.

I say if she drops 20 pounds, she's top ten for sure...

good analysis!
:yeah: