PDA

View Full Version : Justine will walk straight to a 1st Wimby title

AcesHigh
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
If Serena is truly affected by the calf strain, then the title is Justine's. With the upset of Mauresmo, there are only two people in the draw that can stop Henin. Serena or an on-fire Venus Williams.

Jankovic isn't good enough on grass, neither is Bartoli and Vaidosova/Kuznetsova/Ivanovic/Petrova don't have a chance.

Henin is an AMAZING grasscourt player and although Sharapova has a great grass record, unless Justine plays terribly, she'll carve Pova up in devastating form. Maria doesn't move well enough, her net game is terrible and her return game isn't dominant enough. Venus excels in those areas, but she won't make it past Sharapova.

I'm predicting :worship: Henin :worship: to complete the career slam this week.

Sefo
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:57 PM
Shut up!

GrandSlam05
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:58 PM
I agree. After Serena got injured, the only player I thought that could take out Justine was Mauresmo. With Serena injured and Mauresmo out, I don't believe any of the the other girls can stop Justine.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Although I mostly agree with this, you're selling Sharapova's return game short. If Serena is indeed too injured to give Henin a fight (which I'm still not sure of), it'll quite probably be a Henin-Sharapova final (although Kuznetsova is a floater here).

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
This is her best chance yet I think. Fair play to her if she goes all the way.

saki
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
I don't think this is true at all. There's nothing I'd like more but..

1. I don't think Serena's injury is that serious, based on watching her third set.

2. Sharapova beat Justine in straights in a GS final on a fast court last year, she could do it again.

3. The youngsters - Krajicek and Vaidisova - are serving big and playing fearlessly. It's not like a teenager with that kind of game hasn't won Wimbledon ...

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
If Serena tears a calf muscle and Bartoli comes thru, it's an easy run to the final.
I expect Sharapova to come thru on the bottom half and she'll give Justine a good fight for the title.

AcesHigh
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
Although I mostly agree with this, you're selling Sharapova's return game short. If Serena is indeed too injured to give Henin a fight (which I'm still not sure of), it'll quite probably be a Henin-Sharapova final (although Kuznetsova is a floater here).

It's good, but nothing compared to Serena's and I also think other player's have better return games. I also think her current form won't help her much.

This is definitely Justine's best chance.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:05 PM
If Serena tears a calf muscle and Bartoli comes thru, it's an easy run to the final.
I expect Sharapova to come thru on the bottom half and she'll give Justine a good fight for the title.

As much as I hate to say this, Bartoli may be a tougher opponent than Jankovic for Justine at this point. Bartoli's groundstrokes on grass are pretty lethal...though she apparently has no other consistent weapons.

Jasmin
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:05 PM
This is henin's best chance but hopefully....

John.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
I disagree. If Serena is healthy, I think she'll win. But if not, there are a lot of big hitters still in the draw, that could beat Juju on a grass court.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
It's good, but nothing compared to Serena's and I also think other player's have better return games. I also think her current form won't help her much.

This is definitely Justine's best chance.

Actually, the last few matches have seen Maria in better form than she has been all year, including the Australian Open. But then again, I could have said the same about Momo before today too.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
I don't think this is true at all. There's nothing I'd like more but..

1. I don't think Serena's injury is that serious, based on watching her third set.

2. Sharapova beat Justine in straights in a GS final on a fast court last year, she could do it again.

3. The youngsters - Krajicek and Vaidisova - are serving big and playing fearlessly. It's not like a teenager with that kind of game hasn't won Wimbledon ...

Agree on everything there! :)

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:10 PM
"AMAZING grasscourt player"?!? Have you seen that excuse for a tennismatch she player against Schnyder?

Dexter
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
She's is the clear favourite for sure. Hopefully she does it this year!

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Agree on everything there! :)

As do I.

Thankfully Henin herself will not overlook ANY player or ANY match. She does not underestimate like some of her fans do.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:12 PM
"AMAZING grasscourt player"?!? Have you seen that excuse for a tennismatch she player against Schnyder?

I did. It wasn't pretty, but it was exactly what she needed to do to win without kicking up too much of a fuss. Why should she waste time looking good against an opponent she could beat handily no matter what?

pigmalion
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
She can do it, it's her year. We believe in you, Justine :angel:

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
She's the favourite now i guess ...

But i won't count out the Williams or Sveta!

Il Primo!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Henin will likely reach the final but I hope/pray Maria or Venus will prevail.

Rosslyn
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
henin - sharapova will be the finals

Apoleb
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
:weirdo:

With Maria, Venus, Jelena and even Serena (since we don't really know her condition), anything can happen.

SV_Fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Based on Serena's 3rd set justine will have to work HAARRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDD!!!!!! Since Venus and Masha are great here it will not be easy for her to win that title. Look at 2004 if Serena was there Justine would not have won the Australian open or the 2003 U.S. open title. She would not have won them if Masha was in the form she was in now. But I mean look who was in the draw when she was winning the tourneys.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:41 PM
go Serena

dreamgoddess099
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:47 PM

She could barely run down any shots, the only thing that won her the match was her serve which she armed in for the most part. Only in the end when the adrenaline was high did she start to use her legs more. Looked pretty serious to me, only certain fans are saying it's not just because they suspect Justine will win and they want to be able to say she beat Serena at her best. Besides, an injury is a lot different a day or two later when the adrenaline is gone. I expect Serena to be extremely sore and not moving well if she decides to continue in this tournament.

MistyGrey
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Serena had a cramp, and now she has had a day off, she should be back to her best. So Serena is still the favourite for the title.

saki
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
It looked like cramp to me rather than a tear. We'll see what she plays like tomorrow but the fact that she got gradually better over the course of the third set against Dani did not suggest serious injury to me. If she pulls out of the doubles, I will take the injury more seriously.

ytre
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:55 PM
It seems not likely that Sharapova will come out as the winner of the bottom half. But Justine may have her hands full with Vaidisova/Ivanovic/Venus.

Stavie
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Its just a very good chance.Nothing else.Since the girls defeated top seeded women they can cause trouble to Justine :shrug:

harloo
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
If Serena is truly affected by the calf strain, then the title is Justine's. With the upset of Mauresmo, there are only two people in the draw that can stop Henin. Serena or an on-fire Venus Williams.

Jankovic isn't good enough on grass, neither is Bartoli and Vaidosova/Kuznetsova/Ivanovic/Petrova don't have a chance.

Henin is an AMAZING grasscourt player and although Sharapova has a great grass record, unless Justine plays terribly, she'll carve Pova up in devastating form. Maria doesn't move well enough, her net game is terrible and her return game isn't dominant enough. Venus excels in those areas, but she won't make it past Sharapova.

Unfortunately, this is the way things are shaping up thusfar. Serena getting injured here really sealed the deal for me. I thought maybe Amelie could challenge Justine but she folded. Venus isn't playing well at all, and while Maria is playing good I believe Justine still has the edge. Yep, this is Justine's best chance to win Wimbledon.:)

jochem
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe it's her best chance but last year she was up a set against a mentally fragile Mauresmo and lost it... surely Mauresmo has been so much more stable since then mentally but with her out Serena to me is the biggest threat to Justine... I'm not sure though if I'd want Justine to play a healthy Serena or not (for Serena surely to be healthy) but because Serena always comes out firing and going for broke when she's injured she might pull it off against Justine before pulling out in the semis or final... I wouldn't want that...

Pleasantville
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Its just a very good chance.Nothing else.Since the girls defeated top seeded women they can cause trouble to Justine

I sure hope so. I also hope that Serena beats her tomorrow!!

Uranus
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
I hope so and think so.

anon57
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:17 PM
I'm not so sure if that the case. If indeed Serena is injured Henin may be able to defeat her but I think Sharapova in the final will be very tough.

iWill
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Maybe it's her best chance but last year she was up a set against a mentally fragile Mauresmo and lost it... surely Mauresmo has been so much more stable since then mentally but with her out Serena to me is the biggest threat to Justine... I'm not sure though if I'd want Justine to play a healthy Serena or not (for Serena surely to be healthy) but because Serena always comes out firing and going for broke when she's injured she might pull it off against Justine before pulling out in the semis or final... I wouldn't want that...

Serena won't retire I gurantee you that she'll lose 6-0 6-0 before she'll retire in a SF or F but I'm really not sure that she can even get past Justine I want her to but I cant see it happening unless Justine chokes it away this will be the first time IMO that the match will be on Justine's raquet on a faster court against Serena so to me it doesnt matter what Serena does but if Justine cant get over the injury and close Serena out then things could get interesting

morningglory
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Serena will beat her! :p

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Serena had a cramp, and now she has had a day off, she should be back to her best. So Serena is still the favourite for the title.

How can you be so sure? Pretty much nobody knows what it actually is.

tennisjunky
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
people are not giving masha any respect so she's going to show you why thats a mistake at this years wimbledon!!!

(refer to this post on Saturday)

jacobruiz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM
people are not giving masha any respect so she's going to show you why thats a mistake at this years wimbledon!!!

(refer to this post on Saturday)

:yeah: (Except it will be more likely on Sunday or Monday).

MistyGrey
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
How can you be so sure? Pretty much nobody knows what it actually is.

OK they say its a micro tear, replace the 'cramp' with a 'micro tear' and the rest of my post stays unchanged.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Justine will stroll to the title if Serena ia impaired. I think Serena will either retire from her match or win it...Toss up.

rottweily
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
This is henin's best chance but hopefully....

I bet she will have a better one next year and an even better one the year after :)

PamShriverRockz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Justine is the favourite, and I think it's her best chance. But I don't think it's a sure thing at all. If Serena is fit, and determined she will be sooooo difficult to beat...

Vlad Tepes
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Justine is the favourite atm, but really anything can happen. Overlooking Serena, even if she is injured is a major mistake, as she is a great fighter and at Wimbledon she is like a fish in water. The semis should prove easy, as neither Misha nor Marion have what it takes to challenge Justine, but the final will again be extremly difficult, against Masha/Venus. Sveta would be a lot easier, especially as Justine has the mental edge, but I doubt Sveta will pass the SF stage.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
When it's over, no one will remember the draw, just the winner.

Tennisaddict
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:28 PM
I donīt think so. Serena was still serving big in the third set against Daniela. If she does that and moves better itīs 50-50. Besides I donīt think that Serena will play anyway if sheīs too injured, thereīs no point in playing Justine when youīre injured even when your Serena Williams.

blamoh
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:18 PM
Sharapova may want to win against Venus at Wimbledon for the first time.
But remember the Williamses have suffered already during Serena/Danailla
match. That alone will boost their confidence to sweep anybody in their
way. Venus has had three set matches two times now mainly because she
has not played any grass court tournament but at the same it may work to
her advantage as a practice.
Sharapova should not be stupid to listen to your bullshit polls. She should
just remember what happened here in 2005 and it is Venus from court 2 to
play her again on the center court. Venus made history on center court
many times and she wants that to continue.

serenafan08
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:24 PM
This is certainly Justine's best chance to win Wimbledon, and she may not get another chance like it. The winner of Justine/Serena will have an easy path to the final, that's for sure. If she wins it, then congratulations to her.

Bruno71
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:22 AM
so as to not break her momentum of good form. and make sure she is sharp for her next match.

Justine made some UFE's against Schnyder, but she makes them in every match. Patty was giving her no rhythm with her own whacky play.

Junex
Jul 4th, 2007, 02:15 AM
She could barely run down any shots, the only thing that won her the match was her serve which she armed in for the most part. Only in the end when the adrenaline was high did she start to use her legs more. Looked pretty serious to me, only certain fans are saying it's not just because they suspect Justine will win and they want to be able to say she beat Serena at her best. Besides, an injury is a lot different a day or two later when the adrenaline is gone. I expect Serena to be extremely sore and not moving well if she decides to continue in this tournament.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its seems that you already have a ready excuse in there..... as i suspected!

Junex
Jul 4th, 2007, 02:22 AM
If i were justine she should just concede this wimbledon away!

whats the point of winning Wimbledon and finally completing the GS career set when you were only to beat:

1. an "injured" GOAT in the QF which surely will not count as a win because she was only able to defeat this GOAT in a surface other than clay when she was injured.
2. Players that are not really "TOP" players, just flukey ones who incidentally have been given free passes in the SF.
3. Big Ball Bashers who knew nothing about tennis tha beat the crap out of the ball!

Wow! for justine, winning this would be a shame and is not worth it for a single sweat!

moby
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:07 AM
How can you be so sure? Pretty much nobody knows what it actually is.It looked like a pretty severe cramp. Muscle strains don't suddenly act up when you are strolling leisurely between points. :shrug:

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:20 AM

i disgree about sharapova.aria has a good chance of beating justine on this surface. i do think that serena venus and maria are the only ones who can beat her in this tourney.