PDA

View Full Version : Jankovic coughing bc of a thingy in her eye

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:05 PM
In her match today, I'm LMFAO Jelena is recieving treatment bc a piece of grass in her eye.

There are other players besides Serena out there who are a bit theatrical.

kelgers
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM
What's wrong with that? I mean how the hell would you play if you're not able to pull out the piece of grass yourself.

ytre
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Seems that Jankovic has no one to blame but herself. It may be that she put on considerable amount of makeup and didn't fully close her eyes when using towel to wipe sweat. I hope her cornea is intact.

Leopold Stotch
It is not entirely inconceivable to pick up a cold during the British Summer.

Bruno71
She's dramatic, no doubt.

Dexter
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:17 PM
WTF? :lol: I love the drama of WTA!

!<blocparty>!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Loving the Chanel makeup box. :lol:

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
It's pretty much impossible to win a set in tennis with one eye. It's like Bartoli vs. the Cyclops. It'll be a shame if she loses the match bc of this.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:20 PM
It's pretty much impossible to win a set in tennis with one eye. It's like Bartoli vs. the Cyclops. It'll be a shame if she loses the match bc of this.

I think her eye is fine now. If she loses the match it'll be because she wasn't aggressive enough...not hitting deep and refusing to hit behind Marion. And her serve completely leaving her.

PamShriverRockz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Theatical? Mary Pierce. Who is an absolute genius.

I absolutely love players like that!

alexia1huff
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
WTF? I love the drama of WTA! I love these kinds of comments!!!

John.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
:lol: WTA Rocks

DefyingGravity
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
WHAT THE HELL, JANKOVIC? You're supposed to know how to wipe your eye without getting grass in it! Whatever. I just hope her vision isn't damaged by it.

MistyGrey
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
Actually a piece of grass in eyes can be very uncomfortable. I completely freak out everytime I have something in my eyes! :lol:

Just Do It
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
Loving the Chanel makeup box.

That was hilarious ! :rolls:

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
I thought she lost one of her contacts? :shrug:

floco
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:10 PM
The funny thing was actually - as you say it in the title of your thread - she coughed a few times on court, and it did not look real at all :lol:

I mean I agree she needs to do something about the grass in her eye... but the coughing was funny. Ah Jelena! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MistyGrey
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
I agree the coughing was hilarious :lol:

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
I think she actually might have a cold...I've seen her blowing her nose a lot during changeovers :lol:

davidmario
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
she really gets on my nerves. she's delaying play a lot more than serena but she's white so it's ok for most of you guys.

Coffee&TV
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:15 PM

:lol:

schorsch
lol she's delaying a lot more? serena was getting treated after the umpire said time.

Bruno71
she really gets on my nerves. she's delaying play a lot more than serena but she's white so it's ok for most of you guys.

She gets on your nerves because she's white? And here I thought the rain was delaying play.

Just Do It
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/22231/2002824471041379242_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002824471041379242)

davidmario
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
She gets on your nerves because she's white? And here I thought the rain was delaying play.

no, you have to read carefully;)
she gets on my nerves because she's delaying matchplay on purpose (a thingy in her eye?!! how cheap is that excuse). There's no reason to call the trainer after the umpire called "time" because you have some of your eye-make-up in your eye.
Serena had no other option as she had to wait till the cramp got better and she could stand up. It was the umpire's fault to call it a "medical timeout of 3minutes" after more than 5minutes had passed where serena was on the ground.

SharapovaFan16
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
funny

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:25 PM
she gets on my nerves because she's delaying matchplay on purpose (a thingy in her eye?!! how cheap is that excuse). There's no reason to call the trainer after the umpire called "time" because you have some of your eye-make-up in your eye.
Serena had no other option as she had to wait till the cramp got better and she could stand up. It was the umpire's fault to call it a "medical timeout of 3minutes" after more than 5minutes had passed where serena was on the ground.

First of all, I can read carefully. I just think it's not only absurd that you bring Serena into this thread, but race. If you have a problem with people bitching about Serena unnecessarily, talk to them. And if you have a problem with what Jelena did, that's fine too, but Serena has no bearing on that.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:34 PM
It can actually be quite painful and annoying!

schorsch
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:36 PM

her eye was red...

davidmario
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
her eye was red...

oh come on you could even play tennis with just one eye although it would be difficult;)
I wonder how people would react if Serena had called the trainer for a little thingy in her eye after she took the full 90seconds of the changeover time:rolleyes: :confused:

ampers&
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
I get what you're saying but you're going about it the wrong way. The bitter bunch that called Serena a cheater, fake, actress, etc are all people who don't like her and were waiting for something to complain about. They don't criticize Jelena because she doesn't beat their favorite players asses like Serena does. They don't complain about Jelena because she isn't the type of champion Serena is. It's called hypocrisy. It runs rampant on this forum and it'll never cease to exist among biased fans. Complaining about Jelena (much in the same way people complained about Serena) won't change that.

Xanadu11
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:54 PM
Kerryn Pratt said it was probaby mascara :p

Jelena is always entertaining. The make-up kit :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:56 PM
I get what you're saying but you're going about it the wrong way. The bitter bunch that called Serena a cheater, fake, actress, etc are all people who don't like her and were waiting for something to complain about. They don't criticize Jelena because she doesn't beat their favorite players asses like Serena does. They don't complain about Jelena because she isn't the type of champion Serena is. It's called hypocrisy. It runs rampant on this forum and it'll never cease to exist among biased fans. Complaining about Jelena (much in the same way people complained about Serena) won't change that.

:awww: Oh the life of the fans of the best player around. The hypocrisy, constant double standards, droves of haters teeming with bitterness....

GOD I LOVE IT! :hearts:

Belco
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Actually a piece of grass in eyes can be very uncomfortable. I completely freak out everytime I have something in my eyes! :lol:

me 2 :angel: eyelash in the eye hurts aswell :tape:

Just Do It
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
davidmario, stop being a hater, please !

harloo
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Has anyone ever gotten something in their eye? It can be very painful and annoying because the eye keeps watering and it's hard to get the object out. So I can understand how a tennis player who depends on eye coordination can be thrown off by a piece of grass in her eye.:)

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Has anyone ever gotten something in their eye? It can be very painful and annoying because the eye keeps watering and it's hard to get the object out. So I can understand how a tennis player who depends on eye coordination can be thrown off by a piece of grass in her eye.:)

bull, the watering part is the best part of the eye, It just filters out any bad thingy's that get into it, and after that she had her little eyedrops and was using a mirror to get it out, no pain at all. In fact, it just made her cough a little :rolleyes: pain in the eyes always makes one cough.

I'm really puzzled bc of how people started talking about Serena being a wuss and cramp is nothing whatever, and they take this rediculously lousy thing Jelena had very serious.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
bull, the watering part is the best part of the eye, It just filters out any bad thingy's that get into it, and after that she had her little eyedrops and was using a mirror to get it out, no pain at all. In fact, it just made her cough a little :rolleyes: pain in the eyes always makes one cough.

I'm really puzzled bc of how people started talking about Serena being a wuss and cramp is nothing whatever, and they take this rediculously lousy thing Jelena had very serious.

You're just basically being an asshole. I'm sorry other assholes were doing that to Serena, but it doesn't give you the excuse.

bellascarlett
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/22231/2002824471041379242_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002824471041379242)

Jelena. :lol:

Blah I missed the drama again...

But yeah having something stuck in your eye is very uncomfortable and irritating.

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:34 PM
I guess there is an asshole in all of us then.

Adaora
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
that's what she gets for wearing make-up while playing tennis. That deserves no injury timeout imo

Slutiana
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Only in the WTA:lol:

~Kiera~
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:53 PM

Since you're not Jelena, you have no idea what she was feeling.

hdfb
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:04 PM

:rolls: i reckon!

tennisrocks123
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:07 AM
i think she has contacts... whenver any goes in your eyes with contacts, it feels worse... i know