PDA

View Full Version : Tamira Pazsek is she the new Martina Hingis

GreatMate
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
she is a spitting image of hingis she has all her characteristics like a a weak serve, beautiful ground strokes and very mature for her age. she could go a very very long way in the tennis world

Babolatpro880
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Um....

NO, not at all.

Her serve is better than Hingis's, her groundstrokes are MUCH more powerful. Both are adept with drop shots, but Tamira isn't evven near Hingis's level in volleying and very few people can compete with Martina in the touch department. They're nothing alike.

Natalicious
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:52 PM
please dont compare her with hingis :help:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, retarded comparison. Sorry.

cellophane
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
God, when will the retarded "OMG, X is the new Hingis!!!!!" threads stop? :o

matpaw88
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
hehe:lol: :lol: :o

mankind
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM
They don't look nor play anything alike.

CORIA01
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DefyingGravity
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
I think Pazsek is a completely different player from a Hingis.

alexia1huff
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:39 PM
no need to reply anymore, hehe, but again NOT AT ALL!!! radwanska is more like hingis with her play and paszek has really powerful groundstrokes as her foundation, while hingis has all the technique with little power.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
She's like Kapros. Short, decent groundstrokes, weak serve. Hingis at 16 was winning multiple majors. This girl is nowhere near contending for a major.

mboyle
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM
The only player who has anywhere near the court sense of Hingis is Chakvetaedze, and even she can't volley or slice/dice as well as Martina.

ptkten
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
She's like Kapros. Short, decent groundstrokes, weak serve. Hingis at 16 was winning multiple majors. This girl is nowhere near contending for a major.

How on earth can you compare her to Kapros :o
Paszek's groundstrokes have so much more pace and depth than Kapros's ever did, even at her best.

Plus, even though Paszek's serve is kind of weak, it's nowhere near as bad as Kapros's.

markhingis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
There will never be another Martina Hingis. Eventually, maybe her kids (if they'll be playing tennis) gonna be a better version of herself. Nowadays no-one compares to Martina!

LeonHart
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:21 PM
No sorry, not even close.

Xian
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
goldenlox is just still mad cause she destroyed Dementieva :p :p

strictennis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:36 PM
:o

Ksenia.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
Come on, there will never be another Martina. There might be future tennis star Tamira.

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
@goldenlox: What a comparison :help: Kapros *pffft* :o

Today she couldn't show what she's capable of. I hope that's the reason for the comparison with Kapros :tape:

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:44 PM
Kapros beat Justine at a major. Was 2 points from a title in a final vs. Sharapova.
Anyone who thinks this girl is playing top 10 tennis is kidding themselves.
Dementieva just lost 06 16 to Bartoli. Lena can play very poorly. Golovin was out for months.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:48 PM
And I never start threads - like
Kuznetsova will be #1 or

Kudryavtseva will be top 10.

This girl got a super draw. 16 isn't 12. Sharapova was winning Wimbledon at 17 and 2 months.

alfonsojose
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Is Tamira's boyfriend that ugly :tape: ?

Rik.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Is Tamira's boyfriend that ugly :tape: ?

:rolls:

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:02 PM
This girl got a super draw. 16 isn't 12. Sharapova was winning Wimbledon at 17 and 2 months.

:help:

The Draw wasn't that bad, right! But you have the win that "easy" matches :rolleyes:
I saw her first set against Henin @ RG (she was 0-5 down before she lost the set 5-7) and she played Top Tennis in the last 7 games of the first set!

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
Vesnina played better against Justine in round 1.
You have to look at a player's game, not just their best 10 minutes on court.
Comparing her to Hingis is crazy. Hingis was a prodigy.
Kapros was a solid player I expected to reach the top 20, but got injured.

I could compare her to Peer, but Peer has shown good mental toughness, and this kid still has to prove she has that.

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Well, I don' think that Tamira is the new Martina Hingis.

But she's # 35 next week - and that with 16. That's good enough IMO. She's young (she can improve her game week per week) and she'll hopefully go her way.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:21 PM
Ranking numbers are strange. Poutchkova was seeded #30 at Wimbledon, and she isn't very good.

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
Ranking numbers are strange. Poutchkova was seeded #30 at Wimbledon, and she isn't very good.

Poutchkova is bad now, but she played well before she was # 30 i guess :tape:

I'll stop discussing now. :help:

Natalicious
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
all he wants to say is that only russian can play tennis :rolleyes:
discussions are not necesarry here because goldenlox is just to stupid to accept good players from other countries :help:

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
discussions are not necesarry here because goldenlox is just to stupid to accept good players from other countries :help:

Seems so. :help:

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
I see this girl play. She's not tall, her serve isn't good. She's not a great mover.
This thread is comparing her to Hingis.
I'm making a realistic comparison. I think a healthy Kapros from 2003 would beat Tamira.

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
I see this girl play. She's not tall, her serve isn't good. She's not a great mover.
I'm making a realistic comparison. I think a healthy Kapros from 2003 would beat Tamira.

She's not a good mover? Eat that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXHMX2KWl88 :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:51 PM
I said great mover and I stand by it. Safarova is a great mover. Myskina.

ViennaCalling
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Well, it's okay. You think she had an easy draw, her ranking says nothing, she isn't good and has no weapons and will have a career like Kapros. We'll see!

Enough said now!

Natalicious
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
vagiss den trottl :cuckoo:

lecciones
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
I agree not close. At 16 she was number 4 in the world with Graf as 1, at 17 she won 3 singles majors, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Xian
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
goldenlox :baby: :baby:

Babolatpro880
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:09 PM

Tamira has already done far more than Kapros could ever hope to acheive :help:

She won a title at 15, ranked outside the top 200. Now, that draw was supremely weak, sure, but she still won it, which is more than Kapros ever did. Tamira would crush Kapros. Period.

LeonHart
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:21 PM
Lets get back to topic here. Pazsek is NOT the new Martina Hingis PERIOD :tape:

Martian Jeza
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:24 PM

goldenlox is a " she " not " he " ;)

Derek.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:25 PM
Well, it's okay. You think she had an easy draw, her ranking says nothing, she isn't good and has no weapons and will have a career like Kapros. We'll see!

Enough said now!

Don't bother arguing with goldenlox.

Paszek just beat Dementieva so she is bitter. ;)

Anyway back to the topic, Tamira plays nothing like Hingis. Tamira has more power than Hingis, and not nearly the variety and volleying skills of Hingis. Tamira does have a good drop shot though.

new-york
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
God, when will the retarded "OMG, X is the new Hingis!!!!!" threads stop? :o

maybe when "Serena?" stops.
who knows.

Uranium
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Pazsek is good, but will never be as good as HINGIS.

IanRadi
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Are you kidding me? Martina Hingis was the No.1 of the World being a little girl.

Max565
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:13 AM
They do both have stronger backhands and they do both have amazing drop shots.. but that's all I can think of...

There will not be another Hingis. She is one of a kind.

goldenlox
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
This is a tennis message board, but very few people on it follow tennis. Nobody here knows Kapros at all.
Read Sveta's interview. She was asked if Tamira or Aga would ever be top 20. She didn't say yes. And Sveta only compliments players. Never puts them down.

Edit - an article -

Passos the Ketchup Posted 07/03/2007 @ 1 :51 PMhttp://tennisworld.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/03/2007_07_03_paszek_blog.jpg Like any coach, Larri Passos was anxious to know how his pupil had done. Not on the court – he’d watched as his latest charge, 16-year-old Tamira Paszek, took out Elena Dementieva in three sets on Monday.
But he hadn’t seen Pazek give her first big, international post-match press conference – lunch in the players’ restaurant had beckoned. She did fine, he was assured.
Just then, Paszek walked up with her own lunch and sat down. He turned to the 16-year-old and joked, “I heard you talked a lot of BS.”
Mock-outrage, and then a chuckle. After all, laughter is a big part of the reason Paszek chose Passos as her coach. The former coach of three-time French Open champ Gustavo Kuerten is known for his jovial zeal. “He was one of the guys I was looking for, a coach with a very big heart, big focus,” she said. “Off court, we have a great time together.”
And make no mistake, says Passos, she chose him – not vice versa. “She saw me. She tell her father, ‘I want to talk with Larri.’”
“I was shy,” said Paszek, munching away. “I cannot just go up and start talking to him.” She had to settle for a taking a picture with Passos instead, at the US Open in 2004 when Paszek was playing the juniors.
In October 2005, their paths reconnected. Passos got a call from Paszek’s father Mohamed Ariff, asking if he would come to Austria to watch his daughter.
Passos had no other commitments – Kuerten was off the tour with hip problems – but wasn’t sure he wanted the grind of the pro tour again. “At first I was not interested,” said Passos. “I was living in paradise [Brazil]... and I get a lot of offers during the year.”
But the Paszeks’ persistence eventually captured his attention. “I spoke with my wife and said to her, ‘I have some feeling. I think I go to Austria.’”
He flew there in November, leaving behind the southern hemisphere summer to spend a week in wintery Europe. “When I got there, it was the worst week of my life – it was minus 4. Then I went to an indoor court to see this girl hitting and I said to myself, ‘Oh my gosh.’”
The following season, Paszek attended Passos’ tennis camp in Camborio, near Kuerten’s hometown of Florianapolis, Brazil. She liked it so much she insisted on attending it for longer than her father wanted.
One of the effects of Passos’ involvement in Paszek’s career has been a change in her relationship with her dad. Read between the lines as Paszek describes her family. “My mom takes it easy. My brother is at home. My dad is taking it more relaxed... now,” she said. “Now it’s just like father and daughter.”
Her game is also different. “I need to change all the strokes, but I couldn’t say that to her,” said Passos with a sly grin. “So I have to do it slowly... fix, fix fix.”
“And it’s true!” Paszek broke in. “I never realized what he changed.”
The adjustments Passos made to every part of Paszek’s game – forehand, serve, footwork, even her stellar backhand – can be quantified in a rankings rise from about No. 300 to No. 54 over the last year. She’ll be well inside the Top 40 after Wimbledon and might arrive at the US Open as a seeded player.
During this run, she won her first WTA title win as a qualifier at Portoroz last September. Passos wasn’t there to see it – he and assistant coach Roland Santos alternate their time between Kuerten and Paszek – but the two kept in touch by phone and email. In February, she took Justine Henin to three sets in Dubai. Passos didn’t see that either – he was in Las Vegas with Kuerten, following the scores on the internet.
But his hand has been the guiding one. He deliberately set her a tough clay schedule this spring to toughen her up for the rest of the year – Warsaw, Berlin, Rome and Paris.
Overall, however, he feels his biggest impact has been mental. “Most importantly, I gave her a lot of confidence,” he said. “Now she knows how to play the important moments.”
The Brazilian-Austrian pairing is a geographical oddity, but that doesn’t faze someone with Paszek’s exotic background. Her father is of Indian heritage and born in Tanzania with time spent living in Kenya and Canada. Her mother was born in Chile and raised in Austria.
As for Passos, the decision to take on another project was borne of sheer personal conviction. There are plenty of other things to occupy his time. Last year, he reunited with Kuerten when the former No. 1 returned to the tour following hip surgery, and also has 74 kids training in his Brazilian camp. Part of the mission is to give underprivileged children a chance to play tennis. “I don’t have a sponsor,” he shrugged, mystified. “So I put my own money into it.”
Deciding to work with Paszek was part of a similar drive to do something worthwhile. “I did it because I had a good feeling,” he said. “To go to $50,000 [challengers] in France – I used to go to go to Grand Slams with the world No. 1.”
Neither he nor Paszek will be drawn on just how good Paszek might be. “I have personal goals,” said Paszek. “No one knows – not Larri, not my parents.”
But whatever those goals are, they’re for the long-term. After her third-round win, Paszek was told she had secured almost $100,000 in prize money. It struck her as unreal. “I don't play for the money,” she said. “I'm 16. I just play because I love the game, it’s so much fun to me. The money, I have enough time. I need to develop my game and just keep working hard on myself.”
After ending the youngster’s run in the fourth round, Kuznetsova said, “I think she can be very good.” But, observed Kuznetsova, Paszek had faded as the match went on. “In the second set, normally people can get back and start to play better, but it didn’t happen,” said Kuznetsova. “During the match I put more and more pressure on her. She was playing worse, worse, worse.”
Still, Paszek leaves with her best Grand Slam result to date, the $100,000 she won in prize money, and finally – a win on Court 3 under her belt.
She had lost all her previous matches on it, including a loss in the junior girls singles final in 2005, before finally getting the upset against Dementieva. “They say Court 2 is the graveyard court, but for me it was Court 3,” said Paszek. “But I finally won one, so that’s done.”

So was her lunch. As she picked up her plate and went to put it away, Passos reminded her to be in the gym at 6:00. "Don't forget or you'll be in trouble," he growled.

And then came the grin. Just another joke.

Attacante
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:56 AM
You forget that Hingis had a big advantage: She was able to play as much tournaments as she wants, starting at 14!

Now it's restricted! Paszek - and no other young player - has the chance to get to the top-ranks as quickly now! The comparison with Hingis is a joke. It's like a football-team wouldn't be allowed to play more than 20 games when other teams have 36 games in one season.

If Paszek would have played a whole season with 14, she would be a lot closer to the Top 5 players!

LUIS9
Jul 4th, 2007, 02:57 AM
The only player who has anywhere near the court sense of Hingis is Chakvetaedze, and even she can't volley or slice/dice as well as Martina.

Exactly and even then Chakvetadze does not posses the uncanny ability to know where to be exactly at the right moment on a point. Nevertheless, the playing style is similar in that both like to take the ball early and use the down the line shots on both forehand and backhand to try to wrong foot their opponents. Nonetheless, in the anticipation, courtsense and reading the opponents strategy few come close to Hingis and her touch is rivaled by very few.

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Ahaha! I just watched the first set of Paszek/Dementieva(I didnt see it live)...anyway, at 3-4 Tamira argued a linecall, and she says "Are you serious". Then while everyone in crowd is quiet, she says "Jesus Christ!" :lol:

16 years old and already a leather tongue! :lol:

Slutiana
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:41 AM
:help:

Slutiana
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:43 AM
You forget that Hingis had a big advantage: She was able to play as much tournaments as she wants, starting at 14!

Now it's restricted! Paszek - and no other young player - has the chance to get to the top-ranks as quickly now! The comparison with Hingis is a joke. It's like a football-team wouldn't be allowed to play more than 20 games when other teams have 36 games in one season.

If Paszek would have played a whole season with 14, she would be a lot closer to the Top 5 players!

yeah but how do you know she was tour standard or even challenger standard at 14 years old...the game has changed and not many 14 year olds would last more than a minute in the WTA