PDA

View Full Version : Richard said SERENA's injury is serious

spokenword73
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:50 AM
Richard Williams told Luke Jensen that Serena's injury is a tear, not a sprain.

He says SERENA is determined to play JUSTINE:eek: regardless. Serena has not
pulled out of dubs.

Rosslyn
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:54 AM
well, let's go already

spokenword73
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
^^so true. Richard could be playing mind games...

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:57 AM
duh :shrug: How many times does she have to say that she's not going down without a fight :shrug:

She'd rather risk missing the US Open series and Fed Cup if it meant winning Wimbledon, so yeah, she's not going to W/D. The only way Serena's leaving London is if she loses.

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:59 AM
Richard says alot of things. :shrug: :the obvious:

wayitis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:01 PM
huh, no offense, but you have to take some of what Richard says with a grain of salt, I mean, for all his flaws and bragging rights, the man is genial and understands the game like few others, and I wouldn't be surprised if this declaration was meant to put doubts and question marks into Carlos' and the rest of the Henin's camp...

winone23
duh :shrug: How many times does she have to say that she's not going down without a fight :shrug:

She'd rather risk missing the US Open series and Fed Cup if it meant winning Wimbledon, so yeah, she's not going to W/D. The only way Serena's leaving London is if she loses.

Whoa I forgot about Fed Cup, If Serena does not play Venus will have to win both of her matches for the US to have a chance. I really hope Richard is playing mind games because I don't want Serena to risk further injury just to play Wimby. We just got her back.

morningglory
Well she shouldn't play dubs then... save her energy for the singles...

frontier
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Maybe its not as bad as Richard says if she is playing doubles.

MrSerenaWilliams
That's the thing. If it WAS serious, I think they would have withdrawn already :shrug:

PamShriverRockz
If she pulls out of the dubs, then I'd be worried about the injury...

TrouPle
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
Throw away a potential excuse for her very likely loss against Henin and run away.

winone23
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Throw away a potential excuse for her very likely loss against Henin and run away.

Thank goodness Serena only has a calf injury and not a tummy ache. Serena would have definitely withdrawn if she had a tummy ache.

supergrunt
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
He said he wants her to go home :sad: .

Wolverines08
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
He's thinking about it like a father but also like a coach...but we all know Serena wants to get revenge on justine...she only has to cover half the court in doubles, and it's not alot of running so it could be just godd practice.

MistyGrey
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
I am sorry, but he is making it sound more serious than it actually is.

darice
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
as much as i'd like to see them win dbls again i think they should pull out b/c of their injuries to still give them a chance for singles.

faste5683
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
huh, no offense, but you have to take some of what Richard says with a grain of salt, I mean, for all his flaws and bragging rights, the man is genial and understands the game like few others, and I wouldn't be surprised if this declaration was meant to put doubts and question marks into Carlos' and the rest of the Henin's camp...

Then it's a wasted bit of effort, imo. Juju and Carlos are experienced professionals who will use this opportunity (an injured Serena) to their full advantage - not freak out and scream the "sky is falling" because Richard is rambling again.

:wavey:

ns_Henin
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Serena is injured now.. But we all know she will win the QF because her injuries are FAKE

DefyingGravity
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:40 PM
I highly doubt the seriousness of the injury. It's definitely not a tear, because if it was a major tear of any sort, Serena wouldn't even walk on it. Note to Richard: Serious injuries are what Tatiana Golovin and Mary Pierce suffered last year in Miami and Linz respectively. Serena will be fine. Don't add to the almost excessive drama.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Serena is injured now.. But we all know she will win the QF because her injuries are FAKE

Well if ANYONE should grateful to Serena for her FAKE injuries, it should be Henin. She benefited GREATLY in Serena's "fake" injury induced absences (2003 USO, 2004 AO, Olympics) so....I'd keep my derisive comments to myself :wavey:

DefyingGravity
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:46 PM
Well if ANYONE should grateful to Serena for her FAKE injuries, it should be Henin. She benefited GREATLY in Serena's "fake" injury induced absences (2003 USO, 2004 AO, Olympics) so....I'd keep my derisive comments to myself :wavey:

True. That was a real injury. I can't however classify the left calf strain as a serious one, and that's coming from a Serena Williams fan. Muscle spasms, as destructive as they can be sometimes, won't completely kill Serena's tennis. I mean, I still had to play the same day. And it eventually cleared up.

And even then, I can't really take what Richard says seriously anymore. He's made outlandish claims, and some of them were true (Serena and Venus being 1 and 2). I mean, it's almost sensationalist the way that he says things sometimes

twight6
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
If it is a tear and Serena really plays, she's pretty stupid. Don't get me wrong, I Want to see this match as much as anyone... but Justine is not another Daniela and she will STOMP Serena if she's not at her best, just like she did at Roland Garros. Serena will only hurt herself more by playing. If she's hurt, she'll lose... and possibly injure herself and ruin her career, and for what, a 6-2 6-2 loss? If she wins that many games...

tae04
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
Richard needs to really shut up at times. Let Serena or a doctor tell me that.

Jirku
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
when they will give that old dude a stadium ban ? his behaviour yesterday was ridiculous

harloo
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
I believe Serena should pull out and go home. I felt she would of beaten Justine if the injury didn't flair up but now it's going to be extremely tough for her to win with limited mobility.

davidmario
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:07 PM
when they will give that old dude a stadium ban ? his behaviour yesterday was ridiculous

he just got very emotional and cheered for her like many others did in the stadium. just because he's her father he isn't even allowed to cheer for her?

lucashg
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
I hope Justine and Carlos are reading none of that because to me it's obvious he wants to throw them off their game plan. If it was that serious Serena wouldn't have played as well as she did in the 3rd set and would've pulled out doubles. I'm expecting Serena to be just fine to face Justine. End.

lucashg
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM

Guess who was also absent at the Australian Open in 2005 and in 2007? :rolleyes:

Jirku
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
he just got very emotional and cheered for her like many others did in the stadium. just because he's her father he isn't even allowed to cheer for her?

that was not cheering, that was acting like a hooligan, i saw millwall people who behave even better...

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Guess who was also absent at the Australian Open in 2005 and in 2007? :rolleyes:

Well I know the person that WON 5 of 6 slams won both of those :D

Just in case you were wondering:

Winning 5/6 slams and getting to 6/7 finals is a BIT better than 5 straight finals and going 2/5 :). Oh and by the way. The last time Justine won a major off of clay was 2004. Just thought you might want to conveniently remember that :wavey:

serenafan08
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM

:bs: Fake injuries!? And who are you a fan of? I'm sure the "stomach ailment" at the Aussie Open last year was real. :rolleyes: Not to mention all the times Justine "cramped" against Kim and Lindsay.

Serena will need everything she's got to beat Justine tomorrow. Even if she was completely healthy, Serena would still need to bring her best.

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:21 PM

A couple of years ago they would've done that for sure.

I guess now he's an established figure they can't/won't touch him :cool:

If you ever heard Richard speak, you know he's either bragging: "You seen Venus? She is moving like the south wind! She's gonna take the title" or overreacting: "She should stop playing tennis", "She is injured".

I think he's just making things look worse than they are, and why ? I don't know, he's hard to understand.

mckyle.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:28 PM
A muscle tear? :lol: Serena would have lost 6-0 if she would have truly torn a muscle :weirdo: Serena had a severe cramp and was still feeling the aftermath for a half-set after it. She then started to move good and Daniela didn't win a game. The effects of the cramp will be gone by tomorrow and Serena will be back to normal tomorrow. Serena would not be in the tournament if she had a serious injury. More proof is that towards the end of the match yesterday she was using her legs again to serve. Obviously the effects of the severe cramp were already going away by the end of her match. I just don't buy the injury excuse, because Serena won that set way too easily and was moving way too good to be seriously hurt.

tennisbuddy12
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
So is it a tear or is Richard just talking bull. I dont think its a tear, personally.

mckyle.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
So is it a tear or is Richard just talking bull. I dont think its a tear, personally.

I think Serena's play yesterday proved it wasn't a tear. Richard loves to exaggerate. It's the mental aspect of tennis.

lucashg
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
guess who was absent during the 2003 USO and 2004 AO :rolleyes:

:retard: My post was already a response to that.

Winning 5/6 slams and getting to 6/7 finals is a BIT better than 5 straight finals and going 2/5 :). Oh and by the way. The last time Justine won a major off of clay was 2004. Just thought you might want to conveniently remember that :wavey:

LMAO. Don't be pathetic, you're the one making less of Justine's achievements because of Serena's absence from the game. That's all bullshit. It's not Justine's problem if Serena had serious injuries or that her sister was killed during those slams Justine won and it's not Serena's problem if Justine was injured and got divorced during the slams Serena won. But there's always a stupid Williams fan trying to downplay Justine's achievements... Whatever, really. If you want to delude yourself and think Serena has 10 GS (or do you also want RG2005-2006?) oops 12 GS, an Olympic Gold Medal (in singles), and also won the YEC 2006, fine!

:cool:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:03 PM
I don't know who to believe. Only Serena and the doctors know how serious it is. But I do think that Serena would not have continued to play the match and she would have pulled out of the tournament if the injury is that bad. Players have played thru cramps. Baghdatis did it at the USO and he continued to play well (adrenaline is the best medicine). But Serena has a day to rest and I hope that she does play. I know that she probably won't practice, but I hope she does because she is playing Henin. I guess we won't know what will happen until tomorrow.

treufreund
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Oh puhleez!! use common sense. She would not have won that match if she had a tear nor would she be playing the qf match at all.

DavidEllul
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:23 PM

Guess what, the last time serena won a major off Rebound Ace was 2003. Just thought you might want to conveniently remember that :wavey:

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
Thank goodness Serena only has a calf injury and not a tummy ache. Serena would have definitely withdrawn if she had a tummy ache.
:lol::lol::lol:

RVD
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:56 PM
I highly doubt the seriousness of the injury. It's definitely not a tear, because if it was a major tear of any sort, Serena wouldn't even walk on it. Note to Richard: Serious injuries are what Tatiana Golovin and Mary Pierce suffered last year in Miami and Linz respectively. Serena will be fine. Don't add to the almost excessive drama.Not true my friend.
My brother tore his calf muscle moving pallets, and didn't even know until two weeks later that it was torn. He's very muscular and is used to a lot of pain. The only reason he went to get it checked is because my wife and I forced him to.

I wish people would post actual facts based on knowledge or experience. Only then would we not have so many arguments flying back and forth.

Now here's the skinny on Serena IF the calf is torn.

SHE COULD STILL REALISTICALLY PLAY HENIN!!

However, she risks long-term injuries to that injured leg [which equates to being off tour for 3 - 5 months at the least], and also stands the chance of injury to the compensating leg.
So please people, let's get our facts straight.

Thank you. That is all. :wavey:

PS
This is not a slam against you dementievavenus. ;)

RVD
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
If it is a tear and Serena really plays, she's pretty stupid. Don't get me wrong, I Want to see this match as much as anyone... but Justine is not another Daniela and she will STOMP Serena if she's not at her best, just like she did at Roland Garros. Serena will only hurt herself more by playing. If she's hurt, she'll lose... and possibly injure herself and ruin her career, and for what, a 6-2 6-2 loss? If she wins that many games...Exceedingly BAD choice of words.
Why is she stupid if she chooses to compete? Let me put it this way...

Champions complete what they begin.
So obviously, very few here understand that concept.

At the most, I'd say it's ill-advised at best, but she's heard that from her doctor already. So maybe this is Serena's way, IMHO, of overcoming a mental block that she developed from the knee surgery. Remember how tentitive she was to play before and after the surgery?

Anyway, I don't know why I even bother. This post will be ignored and acute ignorance will continue to prevail. :rolleyes:

RVD
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
A muscle tear? :lol: Serena would have lost 6-0 if she would have truly torn a muscle :weirdo: Serena had a severe cramp and was still feeling the aftermath for a half-set after it. She then started to move good and Daniela didn't win a game. The effects of the cramp will be gone by tomorrow and Serena will be back to normal tomorrow. Serena would not be in the tournament if she had a serious injury. More proof is that towards the end of the match yesterday she was using her legs again to serve. Obviously the effects of the severe cramp were already going away by the end of her match. I just don't buy the injury excuse, because Serena won that set way too easily and was moving way too good to be seriously hurt.And another ignorant poster.
Are you guys children?! :scratch:

DefyingGravity
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Not true my friend.
My brother tore his calf muscle moving pallets, and didn't even know until two weeks later that it was torn. He's very muscular and is used to a lot of pain. The only reason he went to get it checked is because my wife and I forced him to.

I wish people would post actual facts based on knowledge or experience. Only then would we not have so many arguments flying back and forth.

Now here's the skinny on Serena IF the calf is torn.

SHE COULD STILL REALISTICALLY PLAY HENIN!!

However, she risks long-term injuries to that injured leg [which equates to being off tour for 3 - 5 months at the least], and also stands the chance of injury to the compensating leg.
So please people, let's get our facts straight.

Thank you. That is all. :wavey:

PS
This is not a slam against you dementievavenus. ;)

Oh no, no problem. My fault. I didn't have any sort of fact. But then again...if your brother was used to pain all the time, and he didn't notice...

My only thing with that would be wouldn't someone who is not used to a lot of pain notice it, like Serena did, a lot more?