PDA

View Full Version : Worst loss in Hantuchova's Career?

Langers
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:10 AM
What an opportunity gone begging. And that is why she will never come close be being elite.

LeonHart
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I really didn't expect her to even take a set off Serena. Maybe she wouldn't have if Serena didn't cramp up.

twight6
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:22 AM
Langers you're so annoying :rolleyes:

She played beautifully to get up 5-3 in the 2nd, and she played some great points. I think back to the stat that was posted about her only losing to winners/finalists. She plays amazingly at times, especially on grass, she just doesn't ever have a good draw. Put her in Krajicek's spot or even Kuznetsova's and Hantuchova would make the quarters.

MH0861
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:23 AM
She played very well to go up 5-2 in the second, but let's give some credit to Serena here - she was able to compose herself and play some pretty stellar one-punch tennis in the third.

Babolatpro880
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:32 AM
LOL. Drama queen. And, if I had to pick Daniela's worst loss, it would be to Gloria in Quebec City.

heytennis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:32 AM
Not even close to her worst lose. What about her one in 2003 at Wimbledon where she lost earlier because of all her health problems? She was skin and bones. Dani has endured worse losses than this and will bounce back for the summer hardcourts. She's an athlete, she has lost hundreds of times.

twight6
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:35 AM
How about the one where Tamarine Tanasugarn thought she won the match 6-3 in the 2nd but it was really only 5-3? :rolls:. She started jumping up and down and ran to the net to shake hands, only to be told she had to keep playing :haha:

Rex59
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:36 AM
No, it's one of many for Daniela. She's had some side issues dealing with weight and other vanities, coupled with some poor decision-making in matches, which cost her victories at key moments in Slams and other events. She gave away a match last year against the just-returning and out-of-shape Serena in L.A., where she basically controlled the match. She twice used an ill-advised drop shot, preempting her own momentum, which swung the match over to Serena. Today, knowing that Serena had issues with her leg, she should have taken advantage of such by moving Serena around the court. However, she elected to return Serena's grounds' right back at her, where Serena would hit winner after winner, coupled with Serena's dominating first and second serves. Not very good thinking on her part, but consistent with the way she has used her judgment while playing in other matches. Her decision-making at key points has always been her problem, although she has a nice game.

Kevin.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM
How about the one where Tamarine Tanasugarn thought she won the match 6-3 in the 3rd but it was really only 5-3? :rolls:. She started jumping up and down and ran to the net to shake hands, only to be told she had to keep playing :haha:

:lol: I love tammy tanasugarn
imo the worst match of Daniela's career was at 2003 Wimbledon against Asagoe, and look where she is now

Daniela :bowdown:

and the tammy match was at 5-3 in the second set and won the next game, and I <3 Lindsay, whats in your avatar???

LeonHart
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:41 AM
How about the one where Tamarine Tanasugarn thought she won the match 6-3 in the 3rd but it was really only 5-3? :rolls:. She started jumping up and down and ran to the net to shake hands, only to be told she had to keep playing :haha:

Yes that was extremely hilarious. Even more if Tamy had lost that set.

twight6
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:42 AM
:lol: I love tammy tanasugarn
imo the worst match of Daniela's career was at 2003 Wimbledon against Asagoe, and look where she is now

Daniela :bowdown:

and the tammy match was at 5-3 in the second set and won the next game, and I <3 Lindsay, whats in your avatar???

It's my friend trying to untie a not in my shorts, with her teeth :haha:. I want to change it, but I don't want it to get smaller :sad:

Kevin.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:47 AM
It's my friend trying to untie a not in my shorts, with her teeth :haha:. I want to change it, but I don't want it to get smaller :sad:

i was about to say it looks a little umm "trying to get some" kinda thing, its funny though!!

eugreene2
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:53 AM
See, this is what I'm talking about. Daniela should have continued to play her game. She got caught up in the "run Serena from side 2 side & serving out wide" but if doing that prevents you from being you then you are doing self a disservice. Serena started picking up on her serves - I mean Daniela must have served out wide 90% of the 3rd set. I think it was bad coaching. The only thing she should have incorporated more into her game was the drop shot - other than that - PLAY YOUR GAME!

So Disrespectful
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:58 AM
Yes, this was a huge opportunity wasted. If she had of been able to serve out the set at 5-3, without the two serves that went straight into the ground, Serena, who had already felt the initial tightness at that stage, probably would've cramped in the third set. Think what could of happened then, but of course this is just hypothetical.

GrandSlam05
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:02 AM
No way. If Serena had made an errorfest of the third set, and Daniela had still found a way to lose then I would say an emphatic YES. But Serena was going for broke and hitting her shots in. Sure you could question Daniela's tactics a little, but Serena came up with the goods.

Pleasantville
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:36 AM
this thread is absolutely ridiculous. a loss to serena williams, a living legend, is not such a bad thing for a player like Hantuchova.

Stamp Paid
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:38 AM
Skeletor will be fine. Move on. :rolleyes:

So Disrespectful
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:42 AM
Skeletor will be fine. Move on. :rolleyes:

:spit: Skeletor?

akosiirwyn
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:12 AM
LOL. Drama queen. And, if I had to pick Daniela's worst loss, it would be to Gloria in Quebec City.

i agree.

JPA
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:28 AM
Daniela didnt play that bad given the circumstances. it certainly wasnt that bad of a loss.

SM
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:40 AM
not really..daniella is just so up and down. wouldnt be suprised if she won or lost.

morningglory
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:11 AM
How about the one where Tamarine Tanasugarn thought she won the match 6-3 in the 2nd but it was really only 5-3? :rolls:. She started jumping up and down and ran to the net to shake hands, only to be told she had to keep playing :haha:

:lol: against Patty I remember :lol:
However, eventually Tammy won the match anyway.

PamShriverRockz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:16 AM
In fairness to Dani, it was a bizarre match with some random incidents. Serena is a bloody tough competitor, and fought incredibly.

Hashim.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
no!!!!

Invisible Fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:37 AM
I wouldn't say it was her worst loss. Serena at 40%(?) of her best level as she roughly was here, is still better than alot of players she's lost to.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:42 AM
I thought Dani played like absolute rubbish...not just in the 3rd set but throughout. It reminded me of some matches I saw her play last year. It's likely not her worst loss though...Serena is Serena.

mandy7
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:02 AM
What an opportunity gone begging. And that is why she will never come close be being elite.

Jump in front of a raodtrain will ya

:rolleyes:

she played fine that 2nd set
then it rained
then after the break serena's cramp was gone
and serena got back to hitting 110 mp/h serves
daniela missed some important points
and then it was over
shit happens