PDA

View Full Version : The reason why Jelena plays so much

spiceboy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
I asked her mother today and she told me that Jelena hates training and she loves to compete so she's not that tired eventhough she plays like every week. She told me that I'd be amazed how little she trains :tape:

The woman is so honest :haha: :kiss:

Go Jelena :bounce:

spiceboy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
BTW she has confirmed Jelena is going to Bali right after NYC and probably Beijing (though this one is not sure).

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:54 PM
I asked her mother today and she told me that Jelena hates training and she loves to compete so she's not that tired eventhough she plays like every week. She told me that I'd be amazed how little she trains :tape:

Cool you got to speak to her mum :)

Tennace
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
The commentators said that at RG, that she hates practicing so she just plays a lot of matches. Thats why she can handle it i guess :shrug:

sammy01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
i think its clever as theres no substitute for matches and think of the extra money shes getting from playin instead of training not to mention the extra fans she will pick up all over the world good on her more should follow suit!

Slumpsova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:15 PM
yeah, why not? training and earning some money at the same time.

Freakan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:29 AM
I knew it:p She's probably the only player I haven't seen on practice courts during J&S Cup :tape:

heytennis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
She's playing less after Wimbledon right?

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:45 AM
She's playing less after Wimbledon right?

Right now she's scheduled to play Fed Cup (which apparently may only involve one match), and then she's off until San Diego. She's scheduled for SD, LA, and Canada.

Schnyderfreak
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Right now she's scheduled to play Fed Cup (which apparently may only involve one match), and then she's off until San Diego. She's scheduled for SD, LA, and Canada.

Do you know if she'll play in Luxemburg?

Chris88
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:45 AM
More like so that she gets more money. :rolleyes:

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Do you know if she'll play in Luxemburg?

She hasn't said one way or the other yet as far as I know.

More like so that she gets more money. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and all the other players are in it for the free towels :rolleyes:

Tenis Srbija
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:54 AM
Jelena herself said that million times.

Tenis Srbija
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:54 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

John.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM

:haha:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:01 AM

I got to talk to her in LA after she beat Mirza. :bounce: She's such a nice lady. I didn't ask her about the schedule though :lol:

And hey, she's young. Why NOT do it :lol: To be honest, if it were me, I'd do it too :shrug::lol: I mean, COME ON, you get to see the world and play tennis EVERY week, as opposed to training at home EVERY f'ing week :lol:

I just don't think that makes her the best player out there, but I mean she's not World #1, so it's not a debate we need to get into....yet.

CORIA01
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
Not That Silly!

predrag
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:05 AM

They don't even get free towels nowadays. They have to
smuggle them. Bryan brothers provide the expertise:

For every match there are two new towels on your chair. When the match finishes, the ball boys try to snatch them from you, but if you shove them deep in your bag and run, they're yours. I played two mixed doubles matches today... I was two for two with the matches, but more importantly, I was 4 for 4 with the towels.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=394607&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true

ivanban
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:07 AM
She hasn't said one way or the other yet as far as I know.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:08 AM
smuggle them. Bryan brothers provide the expertise

:lol:

And then of course there's the Williams sisters cutting them up in the lockerroom ;)

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
that was for their class project :lol:

Schnyderfreak
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:12 AM

:haha: :lol: cracks me up!!

I really hope that shé'll go cuz me and a friend have planned to go there so let's hope she'll do luxemburg instead of Stuttgart b4 the kremlim cup starts. or both if she feels like it:)

PamShriverRockz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:19 AM
smuggle them. Bryan brothers provide the expertise:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=394607&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true

:lol:

Mind, I was told they deduct the cost out of their prize money!

Just Do It
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
I asked her mother today and she told me that Jelena hates training and she loves to compete so she's not that tired eventhough she plays like every week. She told me that I'd be amazed how little she trains

The woman is so honest
Go Jelena

You talked with Sneki :inlove:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
She will go to Beijing for sure I think :cool:

schorsch
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
lol for their class project :haha:

i read that venus finished her university class for interior design actually. good for her!

ytre
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Perhaps that's why it has taken so long for her to get to the top :lol:

DefyingGravity
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
That's cool. Hell, I'd do it if I was a pro. It gets you in condition to play matches, and you get a lot of good money as well!