PDA

View Full Version : Player Forums

schorsch
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Hey there guys,

I just found out you can discuss everything about you fav' players in their respective player forum. Just pick the country your fav' is from and then go to their board. There you can post anything like:

X's last line deserves a thread

Omg, x just said the f-word

Isnt that a great idea that these boards were set up?

:wavey:

Derek.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Serena?

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Umm....you're trying to suggest that nobody posts anything on the GM thread. There will always be a WS obsession. You've been dealing with it just fine.

Craigy
Uhm...does this even make sense? :unsure:

Viktymise
:unsure:

Tennis-Chick
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
Well if we posted everything about the players in their forum, what would GM be for?

schorsch
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
I just feel that we should use GM for important news and for info that is useful to everyone on the board. Like who beat who, who's gonna beat who, polls, important news etc. Not just things like : Omg, player x just hit a ball! It's become really hard to just stay informed about all the players/tennis in general and I feel this is what GM is for.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
I just feel that we should use GM for important news and for info that is useful to everyone on the board. Like who beat who, who's gonna beat who, polls, important news etc. Not just things like : Omg, player x just hit a ball! It's become really hard to just stay informed about all the players/tennis in general and I feel this is what GM is for.

I agree :)

VRee_Willario
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Player forums are for the player's fans and meant for only discussion about the favorite player. It's also important to talk about the players here in GM with fans of other players.

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Player forums are for the player's fans and meant for only discussion about the favorite player. It's also important to talk about the players here in GM with fans of other players.
I agree.

A_S
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
I agree. For some players the GM just feels like a personal forum... I really dont wanna know X or Ys top 10 concerts just leave that for their own forums... I want to discuss tennis and tennis in general not the tennis of 3 or 4 players who get 90% of posts here, and those 10% that doesnt involve them gets related to them by some obscure and irrelevent link or fanboy/girl...

Honnestly i think some moderation should be in place to ensure that irelevent "non general" stuff gets moved back to where it should be.

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:58 PM
Hey there guys,

I just found out you can discuss everything about you fav' players in their respective player forum. Just pick the country your fav' is from and then go to their board. There you can post anything like:

X's last line deserves a thread

Omg, x just said the f-word

Isnt that a great idea that these boards were set up?

:wavey:Here are two threads you created on GM. You think they're consistent with your request?
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=292013
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=294577

schorsch
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
thread no.1 i really wanted to know people's opinions
thread no.2 oops :p

you know where i'm getting at though, dontcha ?

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
personally id rather get rid of the stupid polls like who is better, who is your favorite player, who is best dressed, they get pretty old.

Derek.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:12 PM
thread no.1 i really wanted to know people's opinions
thread no.2 oops :p

you know where i'm getting at though, dontcha ?

Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me.

Dontcha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me.

:dance:

schorsch
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:17 PM
hmm, wiener schnitzel :)

-VSR-
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:44 PM
:yawn:

Sharapova fans.