PDA

View Full Version : Serena's last line deserves its own thread.....

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
This is the kind of confidence that I love for my favs to have:

Q. Daniela is obviously hurting for different reasons at the moment. How would you feel if you would have gone out and lost to a woman who was playing on one leg?

SERENA WILLIAMS: If she was Serena Williams, I wouldn't feel that bad (smiling).

Monica_Rules
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Lol!

Donny
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:33 PM
Serena playing Serena? This almost begging for a joke.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
If only she had modesty and humility... Oh dear...

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Very clever. :)

zayos_10
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:46 PM

Q. Daniela is obviously hurting for different reasons at the moment. How would you feel if you would have gone out and lost to a woman who was playing on one leg?

SERENA WILLIAMS: If she was Serena Williams, I wouldn't feel that bad (smiling).

Well, that‘s a way to call it. It sounds more like arrogance...

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Hilarious interview. Was nice to see Serena smiling and laughing despite the circumstances.

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
Well, that‘s a way to call it. It sounds more like arrogance...
Stronger personalities can usually deal with others with stronger personalities. I have an hard time getting along with weak people.

Bruno71
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Serena hits a dropshot that Serena can't get to.
Serena: Drop-shot me bitch!
Serena: You know it baby!

AlwaysGraf
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:54 PM
I am not going to bash Serena again. As some of you know I have had a go at her before, and said I wasn't going to again. But I will say, that this comment about playing a woman on one leg is crap. She wasn't that injured in the third set, and also while watching I couldn't help but thinking about Steffi Graf again,

Serena, as you know, has a lot of fans on here claiming she is the GOAT. Well her little tiff with the umpire wasn't very admirable, nor was her walking of the court in a bit of a mess. Never would you see Steffi act the way she did today. I said to my partner that some people on here claim she is the greatest of all time. He loves and knows his tennis, but doesn't come on to msg boards. When I said this to him he was shocked "GOAT" he said "She doesn't even come close"

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
I am not going to bash Serena again. As some of you know I have had a go at her before, and said I wasn't going to again. But I will say, that this comment about playing a woman on one leg is crap. She wasn't that injured in the third set, and also while watching I couldn't help but thinking about Steffi Graf again,

Serena, as you know, has a lot of fans on here claiming she is the GOAT. Well her little tiff with the umpire wasn't very admirable, nor was her walking of the court in a bit of a mess. Never would you see Steffi act the way she did today. I said to my partner that some people on here claim she is the greatest of all time. He loves and knows his tennis, but doesn't come on to msg boards. When I said this to him he was shocked "GOAT" he said "She doesn't even come close"
Serena is the GOAT. Your "partner" needs his eyes checked.

Donny
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:04 PM

No, Graf has the record for most slams. If Graf is GOAT, what does that make Seles? Greater of All Time?

SJW
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:04 PM

Do you know what cramps are?

sammy01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM
i think that serena said this with humour not with arogance but at the end of the day she is the greatest active player out there so she has the right to be a little confident! (i mean greatest as in 8 slams!)

RVD
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM

SERENA WILLIAMS: If she was Serena Williams, I wouldn't feel that bad (smiling).:haha: :haha: Serena, you are stoooopid. :worship:

kiwifan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
:topic:No, Graf has the record for most slams. If Graf is GOAT, what does that make Seles? Greater of All Time?

:worship:

Before the Williams Sisters were pros I was a Monica Supporter.

We can have this debate to the end of time but Monica was better than Graf. ;)

Now back on topic, Serena was being funny and damn people, its seems like its almost been a decade and you're still trying to rain the hate down. Just laugh along with everyone else or go whine elsewhere. :nerner:

Peak Serena = G.O.A.T. !!!

Sally Struthers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
you can say what you want when you have the hardware to back it up :lol:

Vlover
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM

:rolls: :rolls: What a gem! I love that girl!:worship:

davidmario
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM
that's our serena:worship: Dani has no reason to be pissed!

vettipooh
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:36 PM

You said a whole lot about your partner from this garbage you just wrote!!:lol: :tape: