PDA

View Full Version : Misa Krajicek into her first GS QF!

saki
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:06 PM
Seems like this has been a bit pushed out of the spotlight due to the Serena/Dani match but :hatoff: to Misa Krajicek for her first GS QF.

I will admit that I used to be a bit dubious when people claimed that she was a big talent and assumed that she was getting more attention than she was due because of her brother but, all credit to her, she's obviously worked very hard recently and has improved a lot.

I'm particularly impressed at the way that she's come out, after a relatively poor grasscourt season for her, and battled her way to this QF. She lost in the first round at Birmingham, in the second round of Rosmalen, but here she is in the last 8. I even think she might have a shot at a SF place.

saki
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
She will probably play Jankovic next. If she can serve well enough to hold her serve almost all of the time, I think she has a chance.

I hope her fans are enjoying the moment!

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
she's got some game. I mean she's not going to be a top 5 player but she could sneak into the top 10 now and then. And on grass with her serve she is very tough. Who dose she play in the QF? Jankovic?
she'll have to serve very well to win that match.

ohhh and congrats to Michaela and her fans. I remember the beginning of the year when she was really struggling. Must be nice for her to make a QF of a slam for the first time!!

Well she is young, how can you say for sure she wont be top 5? If a few years, some of the current top 5 will be older, and declining maybe. If she keeps progressing...who knows? :D

Derek.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:21 PM
Misa. :clap2:

Gowza
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM
definately needs to work on mobility, chakvedatze got her struggling within a couple of shots, a more powerful player can do a lot more damage. definately has the serve and the volleys for grass, and her groundies are decent enough. if she improves on the mobility i could see her becoming a contender at the grass events.

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
I hope the first thing she did was call Richard Krajicek and say, "Now who's the fat pig, douchebag?"

I'm so happy for her. If she can step up her moving like Sharapova did in the final rounds of the 2004 Wimbledon, she might have some opponents underestimating her and losing because of it.

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
congrats to her and her fans!!!

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Her match against Chakvetadze was arguable the best match so far at Wimbledon this year, the winner of that one i always though would get to the quaters, but i thought it would be Chaky, he game is great for grass and you could see in the early rounds her serve was working well and was in form

Tennis-Chick
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:50 PM
Her match against Anna C was great to watch, so much drama!
:worship: Misa

mirzalover
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:50 PM
I cant believe she is only 18. I thought she was like 20

blumaroo
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
I always felt she could do well at Wimbledon but I didn't expect it this soon. Her fitness has improved alot and her mobility while still poor is now a bit better. She shortened her serve motion after her shoulder injury and got rewarded with more pace while still having excellent placement. Her ground game is a bit Zvonareva lite sans the movement: clean fairly powerful hitting with some variation. She has said she's more confident when playing the players of her own generation (beat Ana, Nicole and Anna) and I think she could be at least top 20 in a distant future.
But her anticipation and ROS is still very poor and that will always separate her from the other youngsters. But I do think she can be a great grasscourter.

John.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:47 AM
Congrats Misa

SelesFan70
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Congratulations!

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
I hope the first thing she did was call Richard Krajicek and say, "Now who's the fat pig, douchebag?"

What does this mean? I missed this...unless your just joking :D

LudwigDvorak
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
There will be a Misa Slam '08, 09, and '10. Maybe '11 for good measure. :silly:

Pasta-Na
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:06 AM
well done, misa.

Ben.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:14 AM
Misa :yeah: I'am so happy for you :D
1st GS QF :woohoo: her game is obviously coming up nicely & she has certainly proven that with her performances.

DutchieGirl
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:45 AM
:woohoo: Finally the breakthrough. :D Cementing her spot at #32 in the rankings now! :D If she can beat *probably Jankovic, maybe Bartoli* then she will possibly be top 30! :eek: :D

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM
Congrats to Misa K :bounce:

tterb
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:49 AM
Congrats, Michaella. Keep it up, top 20's calling! :yeah:

partbrit
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:50 AM
I think she's loaded with talent. I hope that this Wimbledon success will give her some confidence because she sure has trouble stringing together victories, and that seems to be mental.

Slampova
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:59 AM
Congrats to Misa, and Dutchie Girl :lol:

Keadz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:00 AM
YES!...so happy, hopefully this will give her a tone of confidence going to play Jankovic and for the rest of the year:)

DutchieGirl
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:02 AM
I think she's loaded with talent. I hope that this Wimbledon success will give her some confidence because she sure has trouble stringing together victories, and that seems to be mental.

Partly mental, partly shitty draws where she meets a top seed in the 1st or 2nd round. ;) See what a nicer draw can do. ;)

cometz9
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:12 AM
Very Happy for Misa, she deserves this great result at Wimbledon.

saki
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Looking through her record, she has had some truly awful luck with GS draws. This one is about the only kind draw she's ever had.

mankind
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:11 AM
Looking through her record, she has had some truly awful luck with GS draws. This one is about the only kind draw she's ever had.

...and she has taken due advantage of it! :bigclap:

mandy7
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
Yay!!!!!

She's improved so much over the last few months after a rusty start at the beginning of the year.
If she can keep up the aces
and the winners, her form should be able to carry on into the hardcourt season
but hey, maybe it'll carry on into the semi :D

Iceland
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
How could someone care about a person who is not Serena after this horrible tragedy ? :rolleyes: ;)
Sorry, I am so bored about her so-called injury. :tape:

Congrats Misa. I never thought she could reach the QF of a Grand Slam after her up-and-down season, but that's well deserved. :yeah: Perfect use of your good draw.

sonnys
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM
:bounce: :drool:

Maria Croft
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Well done Misa :yeah:

Shimizu Amon
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Congratulations for reaching the QF.
Even though I think this is a great result I must say that she had an easy draw except for Chackvetadze.
I hope she will give her best in the QF but I think it's her end station. Because I can't see her beating Jankovic.
Still great performance Misa and good luck to you.

Klaas_nalbandian
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:04 AM
time for me to change my avater, Go Misa

aussie_fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:10 AM
Well Done Misa, finally a breakthrough for her, she has a solid game and could be top 10 one day.

Whatzup
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:19 AM
Congrats Misa! :D :yeah:

I always knew she had the talent, but after her horrible begin of the year I did not expect a Wimbledon quarterfinal, but when I saw the draw I knew she had chances.

Good luck against Jankovic!

morningglory
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
About time! I like her game. :)
I'm surprised she's not top 30 yet...

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
:worship: :bounce: :worship: :Kraai: :Kraaitjuuuuuuuh:

Dexter
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:35 PM
Congrats Misa! :yeah: Very pleased for her! :D

TrouPle
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Another tennis fluke.

GertAlert
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Another tennis fluke.
Another troll. :fiery:

Duramont
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Amazing Wimbledon for Misa! :rocker: :cool:

Last fave alive now! :awww:

DutchieGirl
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Another troll. :fiery:

:lol: Has to be one... ;)

Gerben
Jul 4th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I would have given her 30% chance against Jankovic, but now with Bartoli it's more like 50% :D

Serenita
Jul 4th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Congrats Mica:D