PDA

View Full Version : Daniela played better against a healthy Serena

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
K this is the positive i'm taking from the match, Daniela was playing really good in that second set against Serena, and i'm proud of her for that, regardless of Serena's injury she played some beautiful tennis in the second set up until the injury.

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
Dani didn't handle the situation mentally. She was much better in the 2nd set, until she had to serve out the set.
In the 3rd set, Dani was way off that 2nd set form. It's mental.

Sharapova at 17 beat Serena twice when Serena wasn't at her best. You have to take advantage of those opportunities.

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:01 PM
Dani didn't handle the situation mentally. She was much better in the 2nd set, until she had to serve out the set.

Sharapova at 17 beat Serena twice when Serena wasn't at her best.

yeah but that YEC win, Serena was serving 60 mph serves all the time compared to 120 mph serves this time, thats a big difference.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:02 PM
K this is the positive i'm taking from the match, Daniela was playing really good in that second set against Serena, and i'm proud of her for that, regardless of Serena's injury she played some beautiful tennis in the second set up until the injury.

Very true :D

Derek.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM

Sharapova at 17 beat Serena twice when Serena wasn't at her best. You have to take advantage of those opportunities.

I love how you go back and forth between complimenting Sharapova and ridiculing her. :lol:

Corswandt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Why is it that Americans say "healthy" for "uninjured"?

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM

Healthy sounds better to me.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
She did play well up until 5-2. Had a little mental lapse but she was really pushing Serena.
At least she didn't just give up after the disappointment of losing the 1st set.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM

Us british people say it as well i think it sounds better :)

Corswandt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Healthy sounds better to me.

Maybe, but uninjured is more accurate, particularly in this case.

When I think "healthy", I think yoghurt ads.

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Maybe, but uninjured is more accurate, particularly in this case.

When I think "healthy", I think yoghurt ads.

haha idk maybe it's just an american thing?? Or maybe just me?