PDA

View Full Version : what a cheater Serena is!!!

mandman
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
I know she was a fighter in the second round,
but, she definitely should not do this to Danila in the third round.
Really shameful for doing that.
Definitely, Danila needs more experience to hand this kind of situation.

IceSkaTennisFan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Danila-dou? :tape:

Bijoux0021
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Really shameful for doing that.Definitely, Danila needs more experience to hand this kind of situation.
Sour grapes! All Serena did was win the match. Are you saying she should have retired and give Daniela the match?

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:03 PM
Poor Danila.

tennisjunky
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
guess it depends on where you come from. from those who dont like her, this is an opportunity for you to justify your hate or dislike of serena.

others, like me, respect her more now than ever before. what a fighter, what a champion.

can understand why haters are having such a hard time with this one and are so desperate to try to find a way to take this moment from her and her fans.

nice try, but it wont work.

SU
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
get over it she is good

Jasmin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
It won't work. I laughed when I saw the title of this thread.

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:06 PM
Poor Danila.

haha it just souns funny pronouncing it that way :p

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:07 PM
haha it just souns funny pronouncing it that way :p

Vanilla Danila :drool:

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
I know she isn't a cheater thats confirmed, but what was with her leg suddenly becoming easy to move on again? I am shit with injurys and stuff i have only ever pulled my hamstring and broken my leg, so after a spasm does it become easier to move on once you warm it up again?

hablo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
:lol: @ Vanilla Danila.

:yawn: @ this thread.

mandman
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
She still could hit a 120mph serve with a broken crappy leg.

Avid Merrion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
:baby:

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:16 PM

Danila leg? Vanilla ice cream on top? :D

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:17 PM
Who knows how much pain Serena was really in. Maybe she was too dramatic, but maybe she really in pain.

Thing is...she won the 3rd set EASY. I donot want to hear any excuses from her against Henin, if Henin beats her. She better finish the match, and no make excuses.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:17 PM
guess it depends on where you come from. from those who dont like her, this is an opportunity for you to justify your hate or dislike of serena.

others, like me, respect her more now than ever before. what a fighter, what a champion.

can understand why haters are having such a hard time with this one and are so desperate to try to find a way to take this moment from her and her fans.

You see; I wasn't a hater until today... And even then I don't have anything personal against Williams... But, it's a shame that so many of you will try and defend the indefensible... It's such a shame that Williams can't conduct herself with the grace and dignity that Daniela shows time and time again...

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
:lol: @ Vanilla Danila.

:yawn: @ this thread.

haha, please welcome miss vanilla danila

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
You see; I wasn't a hater until today... And even then I don't have anything personal against Williams... But, it's a shame that so many of you will try and defend the indefensible... It's such a shame that Williams can't conduct herself with the grace and dignity that Daniela shows time and time again...
Serena should never play again. WHAT A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
Who knows how much pain Serena was really in. Maybe she was too dramatic, but maybe she really in pain.

Thing is...she won the 3rd set EASY. I donot want to hear any excuses from her against Henin, if Henin beats her. She better finish the match, and no make excuses.

Indeed a battle of the gods lol :lol:

SJW
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM

I have to laugh at the irony of this post.
I can't even think of a joke to make.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Serena should never play again. WHAT A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Oh dear, another Williams worshipper... I just wish you Williams 'fans' would be able to see some reality through your delusions, and perhaps admit that she does, and is in the wrong sometimes...

SJW
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Oh dear, another Williams worshipper... I just wish you Williams 'fans' would be able to see some reality through your delusions, and perhaps admit that she does, and is in the wrong sometimes...

If I was a Daniela fan, I would hate Serena for not letting her win too.
We understand. Don't worry.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:24 PM

1) I'm not a Williams fan. Don't call me that :o
2) Where the hell did I say Serena is not wrong sometimes? Stop putting words in my mouth.
3) Why can't you move on from this match? Every other Dani fan out there is trying to cope with it, but you insist on constantly going on about it. Talk about obsessed.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
Is it Serena's fault she can beat Daniela on one leg?
Methinks not.

Both legs looked fine to me in the 3rd set... And she only beat Daniela because of her 'bathroom antics'...

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
I have to laugh at the irony of this post.
I can't even think of a joke to make.

Yeah, well I dont think Justine will be questioned by people much anymore. She has been pretty constistant lately. :cool:

Paneru

What do you care?

You people are relly full of it! Serena did nothing
wrong! It was unfortunate all around what happened but
to try and slam Serena for doing nothing wrong is just
plain bull and you know it!

These are pro players and they all, including Serena have had to face such things as Dani did today. Maybe not exact circumstances,but things happen.

You people are really on a stone trip right now!

And if i were reversed, Serena fans would have no right to complain
as fas crying foul when ther was no foul play. Just unfortue circumstances.

RVD
Definitely, Daniela needs more experience to hand this kind of situation.I'm not even a fan of Daniela's, yet I have more respect for her than this. And you should too, if you are a fan of hers. *smh*
Serena is a trooper, and ALWAYS has been.
And so is Daniela for maintaining her game plan [according to what she stated in her post-match interview]. Can we just leave it at that? :shrug:

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
1) I'm not a Williams fan. Don't call me that :o
2) Where the hell did I say Serena is not wrong sometimes? Stop putting words in my mouth.
3) Why can't you move on from this match? Every other Dani fan out there is trying to cope with it, but you insist on constantly going on about it. Talk about obsessed.

Well I'll feel Daniela has suffered an injustice, there's nothing wrong with me protesting about it, I think...

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:27 PM
Well I'll feel Daniela has suffered an injustice, there's nothing wrong with me protesting about it, I think...

Serena is such a bitch!!!!! How dare she fall and get hurt :speakles: How dare she play a tennis match? What an evil woman she is. :(

Paneru
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:27 PM
People talk about the players being whinners here, obviously
many need to turn that mirror on themselves!

Paneru
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
People talk about the players being whinners here, obviously
many need to turn that mirror on themselves!

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:29 PM

bud no offense but Sernea didn't get the bathroom break and still broke serve, Daniela even had a gamepoint in it, I know ur a Daniela fan obviously but the match was all fight from Serena, yes Daniela had her chances but Serena never gave up , so you should be proud for Daniela actually taking a set off of her, I know ur frustrated that she lost, but we got the whole U.S Open series to look forward to so just move on, the match is over.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
What do you care?

You people are relly full of it! Serena did nothing
wrong! It was unfortunate all around what happened but
to try and slam Serena for doing nothing wrong is just
plain bull and you know it!

These are pro players and they all, including Serena have had to face such things as Dani did today. Maybe not exact circumstances,but things happen.

You people are really on a stone trip right now!

And if i were reversed, Serena fans would have no right to complain
as fas crying foul when ther was no foul play. Just unfortue circumstances.

What you don't seem to realise is that what alot of people are irritated about is that this is a player like Williams that had to resort to this shabby behaviour... We are not talking about someone ranked 80ish in the world taking advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity... But, someone who has won many, many titles, and who is held in high regard having to resort to these 'tactics' to win a 4th round tie... And it's not just anyone she robbed of a QF place, but Daniela... Shameful...

SJW
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, well I dont think Justine will be questioned by people much anymore. She has been pretty constistant lately. :cool:

I don't care.
Serena stayed on court to give it her all today, win or lose.
The fact that you said she better finish a match and give no excuses against someone who failed to do that all too recently is ridiculous.
"No Mas" is not in her vocabulary.

SJW
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
Serena is such a bitch!!!!! How dare she fall and get hurt :speakles: How dare she play a tennis match? What an evil woman she is. :(

It was obviously to put Daniela off. Hantuchova winning 2 out of the previous 16 points HAD SERENA ON DA ROPES!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Monica_Rules
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM
I don't get the point of this thread.

JohnRoberts
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
She is officially off my favorite player list.

Jirku
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:34 PM

i agree with you, she's the female version of monfils :rolleyes:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:35 PM

Ignore this idiot...you...unlike him...(A) Have class and (B) can spell. :fiery:

sharapovarulz1
Is it Serena's fault she can beat Daniela on one leg?
Methinks not.

Both legs looked fine to me in the 3rd set... And she only beat Daniela because of her 'bathroom antics'...

Come on Hamster time to let it go now mate and move on, we are gutted Dani lost but she put up a good fight and Serena just outplayed her in the 3rd set!

MK hamster

How dare she unsettle a player by attempting to take a bathroom break just before she's about to serve...

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
She is officially off my favorite player list.

Then I'm sure she was never on it.
Nobody dumps their favourites no matter what.

sammy01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:37 PM

but it dosen't get dani very far dose it!? all the greats have a ruthless win at all cost streak! thats what makes them the best they have 1 mission when on court and thats to win! i think this match should only garner respect for serena as she showed a will to win over pain that most players just dont have! btw i dont see it as sportmanship anyway its using the rules to your advantage which is not a bad thing its a clever thing! if you have any grievences with todays match then have them with the rules not with serena because by the laws of tennis she did nothing wrong!

RVD
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
What you don't seem to realise is that what alot of people are irritated about is that this is a player like Williams that had to resort to this shabby behaviour... We are not talking about someone ranked 80ish in the world taking advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity... But, someone who has won many, many titles, and who is held in high regard having to resort to these 'tactics' to win a 4th round tie... And it's not just anyone she robbed of a QF place, but Daniela... Shameful...My god! Are we talking about the same match where Daniela had the game on her racquet? What is going on here?!

All Serena did was to keep playing.
After Serena's muscle strain, this was Daniela's match to win or lose! PERIOD!

Antics my ass!
Some of you posters are beyond pathetic.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
How dare she unsettle a player by attempting to take a bathroom break just before she's about to serve...

She wasn't about to serve. It was at the change of ends.
And what about these players who take bathroom breaks and are gone for about 10 minutes? Hmmm...

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
She wasn't about to serve. It was at the change of ends.
And what about these players who take bathroom breaks and are gone for about 10 minutes? Hmmm...

There obviously having a number 2......ok that was quite immature :rolleyes:

IanRadi
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
I couldn't watch the match, what happened? It's because Serena's calf was cramped?

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
WOW some people are just determined to hate Serena full stop.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
I couldn't watch the match, what happened? It's because Serena's calf was cramped?

Yup she got spasm in her calf or something there is a video floating around on GM but i warn you it aint a pretty site :eek:

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
There obviously having a number 2......ok that was quite immature :rolleyes:

:lol:
Well Serena didn't need a number 2 :devil:

blamoh
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:56 PM
Tell me one reason why Serena wants to cheat. She won the
first set pretty easily and 5 all in the second set.
Had she been injured,will you what would have been the
result in the second set.
British tennis is crisis, talk about that one day fool.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:59 PM
:lol:
Well Serena didn't need a number 2 :devil:

I thought it was so funny when she was arguing with the umpire about going the loo and she goes "oh my god so your not going to let me go the loo" :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of my school days when i used to say the same thing to the teachers who wouldn't let me pee :mad:

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
I thought it was so funny when she was arguing with the umpire about going the loo and she goes "oh my god so your not going to let me go the loo" :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of my school days when i used to say the same thing to the teachers who wouldn't let me pee :mad:

:haha: Yes. See it was funny! Yet people call her everything under the sun :rolleyes:

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM
:haha: Yes. See it was funny! Yet people call her everything under the sun :rolleyes:

yah know she was playing on grass, she shiould have squatted in front of the chair umpire and just let it flow, the grass needed to be watered anyways :p

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
yah know she was playing on grass, she shiould have squatted in front of the chair umpire and just let it flow, the grass needed to be watered anyways :p

She got told off for doing it in doubles :(
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/93/fullj.getty-74808463mt304_the_champions_1_14_08_pm.jpg

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM

Ha ha that would have thrown the umpire off :lol:

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
She got told off for doing it in doubles :(
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/93/fullj.getty-74808463mt304_the_champions_1_14_08_pm.jpg

Ha ha nearly fell off my seat laughing then :lol: :lol:

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:09 PM
Ha ha that would have thrown the umpire off :lol:

I would have been on the ground laughing if she did that, actually more so shocked.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:12 PM
I would have been on the ground laughing if she did that, actually more so shocked.

I would have cried :o

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
I would have cried :o

:lol: , actually if she would have squatted, more people might have said she's not injured so maybe it's a good thing she didn't.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:16 PM
:lol: , actually if she would have squatted, more people might have said she's not injured so maybe it's a good thing she didn't.

:lol: Very true.

Sha_ra_po_va
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
I am truly disgusted by serena's antics today - the faux intensity of her screaming, the amazing disappearing limp, the utterly styleless bludgeoning of the ball, the crass and untruthful request for a bathroom break, even her father's uncouth histrionics in the royal box, which made yuri sharapov look like buddha by comparison. she should have lost - she was tired, out of shape and injured and was saved only by the rain - if she goes on to win this tournament, a great disservice will have been done to women's tennis.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
I am truly disgusted by serena's antics today - the faux intensity of her screaming, the amazing disappearing limp, the utterly styleless bludgeoning of the ball, the crass and untruthful request for a bathroom break, even her father's uncouth histrionics in the royal box, which made yuri sharapov look like buddha by comparison. she should have lost - she was tired, out of shape and injured and was saved only by the rain - if she goes on to win this tournament, a great disservice will have been done to women's tennis.

I don't think you're in any position to talk about players screaming. Sharapova is the #1 in that race :)
The limp didn't disappear. Care to watch again?
the utterly styleless bludgeoning of the ball? Uhm, what was she meant to do? Run? :rolleyes:
Richard will never be as bad as Yuri. Richard doesn't run on court and jump around like a fool when his daughter wins against an injured opponent. Richard doesn't scream "OUT!" during a point and look around the place as if it wasn't him. Serena was not tired, out of shape. You don't get cramp because you're out of shape. She wasn't hydrated enough, that's why cramp happens. So what if she was saved by the rain? It's not like she controls it :weirdo: I think you need to give Serena credit. The trainer said there was a risk that Serena could cause more damage if she played on. And I'm pretty sure the trainer wouldn't lie.

Derek.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
You tell 'em, Craig. :boxing:

Dementieva Guts
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
I like serena, she's such a fighter. She got real talent unlike many other drama queens.

But this time, the tournament referees gave her an undeserved "timeout". It sad for a player to be injured, but they can't give them a "15 minutes" timeout after suffering cramps.

Fitness is such a important part of competitive sports. When a player cannot continue "by herself", she has to withdraw, IT'S NOT HER CHOICE.

These long "injurie timeouts" got to stop. If you can't play through that pain, you gone!

Its not fair to hantuchova. The match should be stop when serena wasn't able to get up by herself

-VSR-
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:45 PM
Serena? Cheater? 'Rena-Cheater?

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Peak Serena V Cheater Serena? Who would win?

Peak Serena V Cheater Serena? Who is better dressed?

-VSR-
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM
I don't think you're in any position to talk about players screaming. Sharapova is the #1 in that race :)
the utterly styleless bludgeoning of the ball? Uhm, what was she meant to do? Run? :rolleyes:
Richard will never be as bad as Yuri. Richard doesn't run on court and jump around like a fool when his daughter wins against an injured opponent. Richard doesn't scream "OUT!" during a point and look around the place as if it wasn't him. Serena was not tired, out of shape. You don't get cramp because you're out of shape. She wasn't hydrated enough, that's why cramp happens. So what if she was saved by the rain? It's not like she controls it :weirdo: I think you need to give Serena credit. The trainer said there was a risk that Serena could cause more damage if she played on. And I'm pretty sure the trainer wouldn't lie.

Excellent post. I hate wasting my time with the Sharapova hypocrites. Sharapova is one of the worst/disrespectful players out on the court. They can't complain about anything.

heytennis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM

I completely know where you are coming from and I know you like both Serena and Sharapova.. so why did you have to bring Sharapova into it?

Even Serena and Justine fans seem to get along better than Serena and Maria fans.:lol:

SelesFan70
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
:lol: Damn...y'all haters just can't give her credit for anything. :o

carling
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Bullshit. Serena was injured. Dani had an opportunity to step up and she didn't...so what else is new? Kudos to Serena for hanging in there.

SV_Fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:18 AM
A bad spasm in her calf a calf strain. But what she do?

tennisboi
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:23 AM
My goodness there is a lot of hate for Serena on this board at the moment

Sha_ra_po_va
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:26 AM
On BBC coverage, both Tracy Austin and the guy (Chris?) more than hinted at cheating - tracy spoke about "where was serena's pain now she's jumping up and down" and lots of weight given to her not going to the bathroom even though she had been desperate minutes earlier. also, the very muted applause at the end by the crowd told its own story - not a warrior winning a battle, but gamesmanship winning over naivety.

Fidello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:30 AM
Danila leg? Vanilla ice cream on top? :DVery mature. How old are you, kid?

tennisboi
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:33 AM
On BBC coverage, both Tracy Austin and the guy (Chris?) more than hinted at cheating - tracy spoke about "where was serena's pain now she's jumping up and down" and lots of weight given to her not going to the bathroom even though she had been desperate minutes earlier. also, the very muted applause at the end by the crowd told its own story - not a warrior winning a battle, but gamesmanship winning over naivety.

I agreed with Tracey said one minute Serena was in agony the next she was about 80%...Serena is such a drama queen

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:33 AM
I completely know where you are coming from and I know you like both Serena and Sharapova.. so why did you have to bring Sharapova into it?

Even Serena and Justine fans seem to get along better than Serena and Maria fans.:lol:
That poster obviously didn't have a clue about tennis. Easiest way to get though.

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:35 AM
Very mature. How old are you, kid?

Haha you want to speak to me about maturity?
Last time I looked I didn't go around wishing for players to retire.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
I'm sorry but how did she cheat? I mean did she convince the umpire that she actually won a point if she hit a ball into the net?

Sam L
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:47 AM
She wasn't cheating but she was definitely a drama queen. This is more gamesmanship than Justine ever was with the hand. This was deliberately holding play and creating drama and disrupting your opponent's rhythm.

Dav.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
This is ridiculous.

I'm a huge Daniela fan, and not a Williams fan and I know that Serena did not cheat at all. When Serena asked for a bathroom break she said it was because of the large amounts of water she drank because of her cramps. Also, if Serena faked her injury then she deserves an Oscar because that was an amazing performance. :rolleyes:

Look, I know Dani's loss was dissapointing to her fans, but it's time to move on and stop making excuses. I say congratulations to Serena and this match really porved what a fighter she is! :)

gocanadago
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:49 AM
She wasn't cheating but she was definitely a drama queen. This is more gamesmanship than Justine ever was with the hand. This was deliberately holding play and creating drama and disrupting your opponent's rhythm.

Did Dani actually had the rhytm? Serena just came back from 2-5 to 5-5 so if she would have decided to fake an injury she would probably have chosen a better moment :rolleyes:

starin
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:49 AM
Haha you want to speak to me about maturity?
Last time I looked I didn't go around wishing for players to retire.

seriously stop wasting your time on that douche. He's better left ignored.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
This is ridiculous.

I'm a huge Daniela fan, and not a Williams fan and I know that Serena did not cheat at all. When Serena asked for a bathroom break she said it was because of the large amounts of water she drank because of her cramps. Also, if Serena faked her injury then she deserves an Oscar because that was an amazing performance. :rolleyes:

Look, I know Dani's loss was dissapointing to her fans, but it's time to move on and stop making excuses. I say congratulations to Serena and this match really porved what a fighter she is! :)

Nicely said. :yeah:

Nuts4Vee
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Dav,

Thank you for your honest post.

Fidello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:55 AM
seriously stop wasting your time on that douche. He's better left ignored.Nice to see you and Craig getting along so well. Are you his girlfriend/boyfriend?

Tavaris22
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:57 AM
Is you stupid or slow...... She fought hard and she deserved that well earned victory.....

Jealousy is bliss.... Dani didn't ponce on her opportunities.....

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Nice to see you and Craig getting along so well. Are you his girlfriend/boyfriend?

And he calls me immature? :spit: :haha: :haha: :haha: LAUGH AT YOU!
And so what if we are :confused:

gocanadago
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Nice to see you and Craig getting along so well. Are you his girlfriend/boyfriend?

And you said to Craig he was immature, one thing is sure this ^^ is not :o :rolleyes:

Uranium
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:02 AM
HOWS SHE A CHEATER?:confused: SHE WON BY FIGHTING.

aisha
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:11 AM

One could say a certain Belgian 'created drama' of her own during a 2003 Aus. Open 4th round match for example. ;)

Selah
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:17 AM
awww, I would feel cheated too if I was a serena hata or a Daniela fan, cause she couldn't manage to beat Serena on one leg :o

mboyle
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:17 AM

That's very normal for athletes. It's called adrenaline.

Thkmra
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:25 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship: You just about summed everything up, many good reps to you:hearts:

JustineTime
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM
Nice thread. :)

I knew Daniela would find a way to lose. I've got limitless faith in Hantuchokeova. :hearts: :yeah:

Serena should have retired, though. That was :bs: on a stick. Anyone who thinks her injury was fake, though, clearly didn't see the footage. Her calf looked like a Gordian knot! :eek: But since cheating is the topic...:hehehe:...I found it very curious how much muscle mass Serena carries around in those legs of hers...almost as if it had been artificially...enhanced. :hehehe: :tape:

:hehehe:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:51 AM
Nice thread. :)

I knew Daniela would find a way to lose. I've got limitless faith in Hantuchokeova. :hearts: :yeah:

Serena should have retired, though. That was :bs: on a stick. Anyone who thinks her injury was fake, though, clearly didn't see the footage. Her calf looked like a Gordian knot! :eek: But since cheating is the topic...:hehehe:...I found it very curious how much muscle mass Serena carries around in those legs of hers...almost as if it had been artificially...enhanced. :hehehe: :tape:

:hehehe:

:bs:

JustineTime
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:53 AM
:bs:

Eh? Eh? :hehehe:

JustineTime
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:58 AM
"Creatine can cause short-term cramping and diarrhea. While less is known about long-term use, creatine has been linked to muscle injury and kidney problems."

So...uh...Serena...was it number 1 or...:hehehe:...Number 2??? :hehehe:

Ehh? Ehh? :hehehe:

Larrybidd
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:19 AM

Please tell us what you are talking about?

Larrybidd
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:23 AM
I don't get the point of this thread.

Me either.

Larrybidd
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:42 AM
Ok, I knew tennis fans were a whinney bunch, but..let me see if I have this straight:

Serena cheated because her request for a timeout was DENIED? Dani's rhythmn was thrown off by a timeout THAT NEVER HAPPENED??

Man, this would be funny if so many of you did appear to actually buy this argument. You would have thought that Serena called a timeout during her opponents service motion, and pretended she didn't. LOL

le bon vivant
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:46 AM
She wasn't cheating but she was definitely a drama queen. This is more gamesmanship than Justine ever was with the hand. This was deliberately holding play and creating drama and disrupting your opponent's rhythm.So how was it not cheating then, troll?

le bon vivant
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:48 AM
"Creatine can cause short-term cramping and diarrhea. While less is known about long-term use, creatine has been linked to muscle injury and kidney problems."

Ehh? Ehh? :hehehe:This is too rich coming from a Ju fan :lol::lol::lol:

Derek.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:59 AM

Ehh? Ehh? :hehehe:

I hope you are't trying to be funny because you aren't.

Larrybidd
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:12 AM
Forget, the cheating. I think those complainers who haven't complete taken leave of there senses, have conceded no cheating took place. But in fact, no "gamesmanship" happened either because no time out happened.

This whole notion of gamesmanship makes me laugh as a sports fan. In American football coaches call time out to try to "freeze" a kicker making a last second field goal. Its standard operating procedure. Nobody cries for the kicker, and complains how bad a sport the other team was. If a kicker can't perform after a timeout, the fans scream for a new kicker!!!

LOL. In baseball, at any time, a player is liable to get a 90 mph fastball thrown in the the vicinity of his head (and not one of those fuzzy, tennis balls either). thats gamesmanship. The offended player is expected to get up, dust himself off, and get back in to face another pitch. Players are expected to be able to perform in the face of this stuff. And yet tennis fans scream bloody murder about a timeout? Oh My.

I don't know if Dani or any player could lose a match because of something as innocuous as a time out. But I can't imagine why anyone would be a fan of such a player. That player is worthless.

-VSR-
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
I agree. Serena did not cheat or even try to cheat throughout the whole match. It's not Serena's fault that Daniela could come up with a better gameplan to take out the injured Serena. Serena can win on her own will power and amazing serve/groundstrokes. Get over it and concede the win to Serena.

I think Daniela was playing a great match and really just couldn't figure out how to handle the Serena serve/injured going for broke shots. It's tennis anything can happen and today it was Serena's day to win.

merda2004
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:51 AM
well the praying for the rain its unfair but u can say "what can we do"?it came so she had the time to rest!

but the toilet incident was ridiculous.
If you are bursting to go the loo then u go.
Well thatís what serena wanted us to believe. That it was very urgent for her to use the loo but never used after all
its ok. but i just dont like it when people/fans not admitting that this was ridiculous and unfair

TFan1156
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:12 AM
all the greats have a ruthless win at all cost streak! thats what makes them the best they have 1 mission when on court and thats to win!

This is simply not true. The list is long of great champions they have not abused the rules, acted dishonestly holding up play demanding a bathroom break to try and ice an opponent before they serve. It is this lack of personal integrity and sportsmanship that is worth objecting to. And it stands on contrast to Dani`s sporting behavior standing by Serena showing compassion when she was in pain. Yes, Serena won this tennis match, but at the end, Dani won the match of personal character which will serve her much better in the long run.

P.S. And this was similar to an incident at the FO, Serena going on to the chair about drizzle when Pironkova was winding up to serve a set point. Because of the constant complaints play ended up stopped on that court long before any other. It was a shame that the chair in this case rewarded the sham.