PDA

View Full Version : My Grand Opinion: Serena's Third Set Condition

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
JSYK, I love Serena and I am really proud of her ;) But let's be honest, if Serena had a truly terrible injury, she would not have won today. If it was a strain, she would not have broken Daniela's serve. Serena was moving pretty darn well in the third set. She ran down more balls than people thought she would. I think the pain that Serena was feeling were the effects of a severe cramp. We all know how it feels after a really bad cramp, and it hurts to walk for a while. I'm pretty sure this is the pain Serena was feeling. Her pain should go away overnight, but of course Serena will not admit that tomorrow :p I really don't think it is any more serious than a bad cramp. She wouldn't have won that set.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
No one is saying it's an injury, however cramping CAN affect you the following day with soreness.

harloo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
JSYK, I love Serena and I am really proud of her ;) But let's be honest, if Serena had a truly terrible injury, she would not have won today. If it was a strain, she would not have broken Daniela's serve. Serena was moving pretty darn well in the third set. She ran down more balls than people thought she would. I think the pain that Serena was feeling were the effects of a severe cramp. We all know how it feels after a really bad cramp, and it hurts to walk for a while. I'm pretty sure this is the pain Serena was feeling. Her pain should go away overnight, but of course Serena will not admit that tomorrow :p I really don't think it is any more serious than a bad cramp. She wouldn't have won that set.

Serena wasn't moving like she was earlier which is good enough against someone mentally weak like Daniela, but it won't be good enough against someone with alot of speed like Justine. I truly think the injury is serious and with the help of God and the rain Serena got through this one. I'm just not sure what will happen in the qtrs, if she moves like that against Justine it's lights out. It's kind of sad because gamewise she looks unbeatable, but she won't be able to substitute for the movement from here on out. Everything needs to be working in the qtrs.:sad:

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Do you reckon she'll get an 'injury' again at a crucial juncture, whilst being GUBBED by Justine...?

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
I'm telling yall that it was a spasm that caused a calf cramp that strained her calf from fucking either the previous night or in the morning.

Noone wants to even consider it.
The doctor diagnosed the inury but we don't know how it happened.

Serena will be fine against Justine. If you have had one of those cramps during or after fucking your calf feels like it's trying to come out of your skin.
It really hurts and it's an odd and painful feeling.

She only needed to drink fluids and she'll be back to herself in 2-3 days.

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Serena wasn't moving like she was earlier which is good enough against someone mentally weak like Daniela

of course she wasn't moving as well, she was still suffering the effects of a major cramp :p. she was still able to run, but not as fast because the cramp could have potentially came back. i think if serena rests and skips a morning practice tomorrow, the effects of the cramp will lessen enough for her to play justine.

tennisjunky
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/tennisphotos/video/x2fw1n_serena-williams-falling_sport