PDA

View Full Version : John McEnroe: 'This throws out the theory of women undeserving equal prize money..'

Slutiana
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
'This throws out the theory of women being undeserving of equal prize money, this is something you'll never see in a mens match..drama of the highest calibur'

Not a direct quote but if John mcEnroe is saying that...then it must be true

nikita771
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
I agree that today was full of drama!

wipeout
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
If this is something you'd never see in a men's match, then I prefer men's matches.

winone23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
I agree

woosey
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
can't wait to see it tonight.

Larrybidd
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
'This throws out the theory of women being undeserving of equal prize money, this is something you'll never see in a mens match..drama of the highest calibur'

This point is the reason I logged back in. Right now, ESPN is replaying ANOTHER women's tennis match, instead of showing us what we missed on the men's side. Maybe I missed it, this morning, but between ESPN and NBC they have yet to show more than a couple games and some tie breaks of ANY mens match. The reason for this is simple: Womens tennis (and admittedly especially Williams sisters tennis) PAYS THE BILLS!!!!

LoveFifteen
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
If this is something you'd never see in a men's match, then I prefer men's matches.

:haha:

Slutiana
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
if serena and justine are scheduled for tomorrow...expect at least two womens matches on CC

rrfnpump
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM

Generally, you see a lot more drama in a mens five set match. Sampras throwing up, Kiefer and Grosjean almost fighting, now Söderling pissing Nadal off.

Seriously, this is crap what he is talking. :o

Larrybidd
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
You can argue whether mens of womens tennis is "better", and that of course depends on each persons definition of "better" is. But, at least in the States, the networks are proving to you that the womens game is better television. I don't think there is any doubt the womens game is better TV, even excluding the Sisters. 3 set tennis is better: they get to the point of the match quicker. You can watch an entire match comfortably.

The women clearly deserve pay, at least equal to the men, because the product is more appealing to the fans. In the entertainment field, thats all that matters.

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Womens matches are generally alot more bitchy, i mean look at the Chakvetadze - Krajicek match from last week, that had everything

kiwifan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:23 PM
Mac was talking about the drama of both Serena and Venus' matches and how they both leave the fans looking forward to even bigger matches tomorrow :angel:...

...the men don't have that, at the moment...

...that's all. :shrug:

Not some big sweeping statement on the superiority of women's tennis. ;)

Even the haters are buzzing in every thread :p so you know today was a great day for tennis drama. :tape:

Dino?Dino.Dino!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Womens matches are generally alot more bitchy, i mean look at the Chakvetadze - Krajicek match from last week, that had everything

That was one pretty good catfight right there.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Generally, you see a lot more drama in a mens five set match. Sampras throwing up, Kiefer and Grosjean almost fighting, now Söderling pissing Nadal off.

Seriously, this is crap what he is talking. :o

Kiefer and Grosjean never almost fought, although Grosjean should've went over there and socked the sh*t out of Kiefer for what he did :lol:

Kunal
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
true indeed

Poova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Yes, women far eclipse the men in terms of drama. And that's why I love women's tennis so much more. :hearts:

galadriel
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:45 AM
I totally agree with Mac :D

PamShriverRockz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:50 AM
Mac is right.

Kunal
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:52 AM
one thing is for sure.....womens tennis is compelling viewing......there are more stars in the WTA than in the atp circuit

and you can watch a match in a decent timeframe

bandabou
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:23 AM
more drama, more entertainment for sure on the women's side.

Goai
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:26 AM
Do they need that much money in the first place? Now they deserve it for being drama queens?

Naranoc
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
one thing is for sure.....womens tennis is compelling viewing......there are more stars in the WTA than in the atp circuit

If you can ignore the UEs, extreme lack of variety and the bagel and breadstick sets which dominate the early rounds :zzz:

and you can watch a match in a decent timeframe

Getting a match done in less than one hour isn't necessarily great viewing :weirdo:.

Sylvester
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Men's matches have no excitement?

Agassi vs Baghdatis?

pooh14
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
i guess he did not watch Agassi vs Marcos in 2nd round US Open last year.

CORIA01
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
Do Not Agree With Equal Prize Money
No Matter What Says Mc Enroe
It Is Unfair

PamShriverRockz
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Do they need that much money in the first place? Now they deserve it for being drama queens?

The actual amount they (tennis players men and women) get is a separate issue really.

Langers
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Correct! :cool:

Langers
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Men's matches have no excitement?

Agassi vs Baghdatis?
Ancic/Roddick

Nadal/Murray

Ect, ect.

tennnisfannn
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Who deserves more pay, the 12 year old boy working 12 hours a day for Nike or maria for wearing the nike label? When that is equal, then you can drag that tired old arguement in.

HippityHop
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM
Who deserves more pay, the 12 year old boy working 12 hours a day for Nike or maria for wearing the nike label? When that is equal, then you can drag that tired old arguement in.

:worship: :worship: :worship: