PDA

View Full Version : If you dont like Serena...............

saksby
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
If you dont like Serena, dont sweat it but you have got to admire this warrior otherwise you need to look hard into your heart and you'll realise you are probably not happy with your life.

Brett.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:42 AM
Wtf? Are you insane?

W!MBLEDON
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:44 AM
If you dont like Serena, dont sweat it but you have got to admire this warrior otherwise you need to look hard into your heart and you'll realise you are probably not happy with your life.

seriously, don't go talking about other peoples' lives when you don't have one of your own, okay tard? okay.

sweetpeas
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:50 AM
you dont like Serena, dont sweat it but you have got to admire this warrior otherwise you need to look hard into your heart and you'll realise you are probably not happy with your life

So true!:bounce: I will be so glad when "summer vacation is over:lol: :lol:

Natash.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:51 AM
I do respect her but this topic should go out to some of the Serena fans making fun of Dani because she didn't beat an "injured" Serena. :o

RVD
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:59 AM
If you dont like Serena, dont sweat it but you have got to admire this warrior otherwise you need to look hard into your heart and you'll realise you are probably not happy with your life.It just boggles the mind that posters here can't admire the most accomplished active female player in all her glory. :worship:
Serena is the real deal, and if fans can't deal with that fact, then *!%@ 'em. :shrug:

alphadog
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:10 AM
serena is very lucky. the referee gave her extra time for an injury, then the rain came and the match was immediately delayed. i suppose the serena-henin match will also be moved back so serena will have time to rest. but i think justine will be in the finals.

forever_rafter
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
The truth is Serena got saved by the rain. I'm sure she would have retired after 2nd set tiebreak if it hadn't started raining.

Stavie
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:53 AM
hey People You Are All So Fucking Obsessed With Her!thats Ok!

But Thats Too Much!i'm Starting To Freak Out!!and Its Not Only Me!
so Enough!

THANK YOU :)

fioredeliberi
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:53 AM
If you can't beat them by skill, beat em by drama, histronics and acting.

Dementinator
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
for fucks sake she wasnt the only player to ever get cramp and carry on playing, but she was the only one I saw crying and making a big deal out of it, I am sorry but her behaviour was not good at all, not the cramp but other thngs..

mandy7
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:43 AM

boy, i don't HAVE to do anything

warrior:
http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2006/10/_movies.yahoo.com_images_hv_photo_movie_pix_warner _brothers_300_gerard_butler_300b.jpg

serena
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/02/fullj.getty-74808457mt124_the_champions_3_20_16_pm.jpg

i don't see it :shrug:

SJW
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:48 AM
The truth is Serena got saved by the rain. I'm sure she would have retired after 2nd set tiebreak if it hadn't started raining.

I don't think anybody is denying that :lol:
Daniela would have won if it didn't rain, even die-hard Serena fans know that.

MK hamster
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:49 AM
I admired the way that when Williams was really injured in the 2nd set, that she played through the pain barrier, and was very brave to still continue, when most other players would've retired... But, then it all turned sour in the 3rd set, with her 'antics'; and, for me, all the stuff in the 2nd set is quickly forgotten, and I will always remember this match, as the match that a multiple Grand Slam tournament winner had to resort to shameful behaviour to reach a Wimbledon QF...

SJW
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:49 AM
I do respect her but this topic should go out to some of the Serena fans making fun of Dani because she didn't beat an "injured" Serena. :o

Should also be extended to some Daniela fans who are pissed that Serena didn't let Daniela win, even when injured.

mandy7
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
i'm disappointed daniela didn't win
but pissed, nah

cause i got my country woman to go for, YAY MISA :D

but seriously, cramp is not an injury

mckyle.
boy, i don't HAVE to do anything

warrior:
http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2006/10/_movies.yahoo.com_images_hv_photo_movie_pix_warner _brothers_300_gerard_butler_300b.jpg

serena
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/02/fullj.getty-74808457mt124_the_champions_3_20_16_pm.jpg

i don't see it :shrug:

it's okay. i would be bitter too :)

Kunal
I don't think anybody is denying that :lol:
Daniela would have won if it didn't rain, even die-hard Serena fans know that.

Serena said it already...so whats the point of draggin it?

she got it done...thats what champions do

MK hamster
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:54 AM

She got it done by exagerating injury, and faking toilet breaks... That's what cheats do...

SJW
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:57 AM

You are quoting me just to quote me.
I'm not "draggin" anything.
Thanks.

Erika_Angel
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
She got it done by exagerating injury, and faking toilet breaks... That's what cheats do...

Serena might be a wannabe actress but she isn't good enough to fake what happened out there yesterday. There were tears, she was in excruciating pain.

Also she explained why she wanted a toilet break and she wasn't fussed when it wasn't granted. Meanwhile she had just held and was leading with momentum ... why would she want to take a toilet break for strategical reasons? Daniela was clearly frustrated and rushing everything. Giving Dani time to think and calm herself? ... yeh that would've been great. :rolleyes: Serena was drinking heaps of fluids for her cramp, and when you drink heaps (incase you didn't know) you end up having to go to the bathroom.

mandy7
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:10 AM
it's okay. i would be bitter too :)

can you read fuckface?

MK hamster
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Serena might be a wannabe actress but she isn't good enough to fake what happened out there yesterday. There were tears, she was in excruciating pain.

Also she explained why she wanted a toilet break and she wasn't fussed when it wasn't granted. Meanwhile she had just held and was leading with momentum ... why would she want to take a toilet break for strategical reasons? Daniela was clearly frustrated and rushing everything. Giving Dani time to think and calm herself? ... yeh that would've been great. :rolleyes: Serena was drinking heaps of fluids for her cramp, and when you drink heaps (incase you didn't know) you end up having to go to the bathroom.

She exagerrated the extent of her injury when she came out in the 3rd set to disrupt Daniela...
You obviously weren't watching the same match as I was if you think she wasn't fussed when the umpire correctly refused her...
You know perfectly well that if Williams had gone to the toilet, it would've been a long 10 minute break; Daniela would've cooled down in that time, and she would've tightened up when about to serve; it is considered bad etiquette to take a break before your opponent serves... Basically, Williams was just messing with Daniela's head - which in anyone's book is at best; terrible sportsmanship, at worst: cheating...

mckyle.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:15 AM
can you read fuckface?

lol. it's ok. all fans are entitled to be mad when their favorite loses a big match, and sometimes their emotions make them insult other players. it's ok though. i'm not gonna hold it against you, because it must be rough right now.

mandy7
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
lol. it's ok. all fans are entitled to be mad when their favorite loses a big match, and sometimes their emotions make them insult other players. it's ok though. i'm not gonna hold it against you, because it must be rough right now.

how did i insult serena?
by seeing no resemblence between her and a warrior-type-guy from a movie? :lol:

mankind
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM
The sarcasm here is making me feel ill it's so bad.
Advice to Serena fans to whom this may concern: Just move on, your over-eagerness to prove a point (which doesn't need to be made again) makes your point less valid.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
She exagerrated the extent of her injury when she came out in the 3rd set to disrupt Daniela...
You obviously weren't watching the same match as I was if you think she wasn't fussed when the umpire correctly refused her...
You know perfectly well that if Williams had gone to the toilet, it would've been a long 10 minute break; Daniela would've cooled down in that time, and she would've tightened up when about to serve; it is considered bad etiquette to take a break before your opponent serves... Basically, Williams was just messing with Daniela's head - which in anyone's book is at best; terrible sportsmanship, at worst: cheating...
The old rules ( :confused: ) stated that you could only go on change overs. Well since Dani served first, it was ALWAYS going to be Dani's serve in between change overs, and Serena didn't want to leave in the middle of an exchange just to go to the bathroom. If she went when her asked her did she want to go again, then THAT would have been a little iffy, but regardless, if you have to pee, you PEE! She drank at least 2 liters of fluids from 5-6 to 3-2 so I mean it only makes sense that your body needs to expel those fluids.

I understand that you're a Dani fan, or a Serena hater or whatever, but don't shut off your brain when you post. It just makes you look like an idiot :wavey:

...and Serena didn't have to mess with Dani's head. She did that on her own. It may sound mean, but even some of Dani's most ARDENT fans will agree that she's had problems closing out matches.

strictennis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:27 AM

:o

MK hamster
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
The old rules ( :confused: ) stated that you could only go on change overs. Well since Dani served first, it was ALWAYS going to be Dani's serve in between change overs, and Serena didn't want to leave in the middle of an exchange just to go to the bathroom. If she went when her asked her did she want to go again, then THAT would have been a little iffy, but regardless, if you have to pee, you PEE! She drank at least 2 liters of fluids from 5-6 to 3-2 so I mean it only makes sense that your body needs to expel those fluids.

I understand that you're a Dani fan, or a Serena hater or whatever, but don't shut off your brain when you post. It just makes you look like an idiot :wavey:

...and Serena didn't have to mess with Dani's head. She did that on her own. It may sound mean, but even some of Dani's most ARDENT fans will agree that she's had problems closing out matches.

Oh, I totally agree that Daniela has problems closing out matches, which Williams knew perfectly well - hence the 'bathroom' break... And I don't go for that fluid scenario; I've seen 4 hour men's matches, where neither player needs to go, despite having litres and litres of fluids, because sportspeople sweat most of the excess fluid off ! And I'm not a Williams 'hater'; I've got nothing personal against her whatsoever... It's just that in this match I think her on-court 'antics' were a disgrace... And, I would be just as outspoken had Daniela behaved the same way ( which she wouldn't ;) )...

ivanban
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:32 AM

Strange how things don't work other way around. Cause it seems that most of Serena fans are doing nothing but blindly praise Serena and talking trash and bitchin' about other players :help:

Erika_Angel
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM

:lol:

She said something like 'oh I misunderstood you ... no that's fine, that's fine' - she really gave it to him hard!! :eek: ... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I was going for Daniela in this match and I haven't been at all pleased as of late with Serena, but you clearly are a complete fool.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Oh, I totally agree that Daniela has problems closing out matches, which Williams knew perfectly well - hence the 'bathroom' break... And I don't go for that fluid scenario; I've seen 4 hour men's matches, where neither player needs to go, despite having litres and litres of fluids, because sportspeople sweat most of the excess fluid off ! And I'm not a Williams 'hater'; I've got nothing personal against her whatsoever... It's just that in this match I think her on-court 'antics' were a disgrace... And, I would be just as outspoken had Daniela behaved the same way ( which she wouldn't ;) )...

Well I do think that you have a point w/ the mens' 4 hour matches. I've played for 5 hours without a bathroom break (but GOD did I have to pee INCREDIBLY BADLY around 3.5).

#1- Medically, women have smaller bladders, so that kind of dispels your theory about Serena being able to hold it.

#2- Most of the time, when players take bathroom breaks, it's in between sets, and I mean, who wants to announce that Roger Federer just used the bathroom, unless he had to....(you know) and it took longer than the 3 allotted minutes.

#3- Serena was drinking fluids undoubtedly for the WHOLE 2 hours, which you won't see in a mens' match (they're :tennis: ;) ), and I mean, I think she should have used the bathroom before she came back out, but I think she just wanted to get out there and make a shot at closing out in a TB.

It doesn't matter though. She didn't even go. And for you to consider that gamesmanship is a bit petty and immature. The only person putting on histrionics was Richard, who has done that for 11 years :lol: at least he's not as bad as a certain :cool: Russian. And at least he didn't bring the white board this time :lol:

For you to think that Serena was faking it is NUTS :lol: Look at her movement in the first set, then look at it during the 3rd. There's quite a differential. And I mean, I would HOPE that after 2 hours the WTATour PROFESSIONAL trainers would be able to at the VERY least temporarily cure the state of her cramps/injury. That's what they're paid to do :lol: Hell, I mean, I could rub on Serena for 2 hours, it wouldn't make her feel better...well maybe ;), that's a different story, and THAT'S why I'm not a trainer. Not because I wouldn't be tempted to lay my game down flat on Ms. Ree, but because I would have NO CLUE what I was doing, and the cramps wouldn't be any better off.

And you said that she was moving better than Dani in the 3rd, well I mean, Dani's no Marion Jones/Serena/Justine/Venus/Kim :shrug: that's not her game.

I understand that you're upset, but I mean pointing your finger at Serena and making false accusations of gamesmanship and cheating and whatever else, is just silly and a bit childish.

MK hamster
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:54 AM
:lol:

She said something like 'oh I misunderstood you ... no that's fine, that's fine' - she really gave it to him hard!! :eek: ... :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I was going for Daniela in this match and I haven't been at all pleased as of late with Serena, but you clearly are a complete fool.

She appeared to be arguing the toss with him from what I was watching... But, if she wasn't fussed, then that is even more suspicious... It certainly blows the 'she was on the verge of wetting her pants' argument from the S.Williams worshippers out of the water...

MK hamster
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well I do think that you have a point w/ the mens' 4 hour matches. I've played for 5 hours without a bathroom break (but GOD did I have to pee INCREDIBLY BADLY around 3.5).

#1- Medically, women have smaller bladders, so that kind of dispels your theory about Serena being able to hold it.

#2- Most of the time, when players take bathroom breaks, it's in between sets, and I mean, who wants to announce that Roger Federer just used the bathroom, unless he had to....(you know) and it took longer than the 3 allotted minutes.

#3- Serena was drinking fluids undoubtedly for the WHOLE 2 hours, which you won't see in a mens' match (they're :tennis: ;) ), and I mean, I think she should have used the bathroom before she came back out, but I think she just wanted to get out there and make a shot at closing out in a TB.

It doesn't matter though. She didn't even go. And for you to consider that gamesmanship is a bit petty and immature. The only person putting on histrionics was Richard, who has done that for 11 years :lol: at least he's not as bad as a certain :cool: Russian. And at least he didn't bring the white board this time :lol:

For you to think that Serena was faking it is NUTS :lol: Look at her movement in the first set, then look at it during the 3rd. There's quite a differential. And I mean, I would HOPE that after 2 hours the WTATour PROFESSIONAL trainers would be able to at the VERY least temporarily cure the state of her cramps/injury. That's what they're paid to do :lol: Hell, I mean, I could rub on Serena for 2 hours, it wouldn't make her feel better...well maybe ;), that's a different story, and THAT'S why I'm not a trainer. Not because I wouldn't be tempted to lay my game down flat on Ms. Ree, but because I would have NO CLUE what I was doing, and the cramps wouldn't be any better off.

And you said that she was moving better than Dani in the 3rd, well I mean, Dani's no Marion Jones/Serena/Justine/Venus/Kim :shrug: that's not her game.

I understand that you're upset, but I mean pointing your finger at Serena and making false accusations of gamesmanship and cheating and whatever else, is just silly and a bit childish.

Fair enough... At least you put together a coherent and reasoned response, unlike most... But you have some valid points...

Dorcas Monjimbo
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
Oh yes the rain might have saved her but she is really a hero and a fighter. She still wasn't moving well in the 3rd set like she did in the first and early second set and Daniela could have taken advantage of that, but being the fighter she is, she won and and that's all what matters.

TFan1156
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM

Sheesh, you just spent a lot of time on nothing... :lol: She asked to use the bathroom and went on protesting about it as Dani was getting set to serve at 2-3. Serena was told she could go but had to wait a game, that such had to be done on her own serve. But she got the break she wanted and never went... She no more had a busting bladder than she was scared of the drizzle at the FO, protesting as Pironkova was winding up to serve a set point, to the boos of the crowd. That`s your player, anything to win, to the point of lying and abusing the rules. Embrace it or find a new player to pull for. That`s Serena and most of her fans accept it and even glory in it.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Abusing the rules....:tape:

PREGGERS....oh wait...just doped up! :yeah:

I wish my fave could be as dirty as yours :awww:

HEY! That only took 15 seconds :yeah::bounce: GO ME!

TFan1156
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Abusing the rules....:tape:

PREGGERS....oh wait...just doped up! :yeah:

I wish my fave could be as dirty as yours :awww:

HEY! That only took 15 seconds :yeah::bounce: GO ME!

That`s when I know it`s ova, when they can`t answer the arguments and change the subject to the avatar. Ahhh wtaworld is very light duty....:lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:39 AM
actually, it was the signature :wavey:

WOW 8 seconds, I'm getting better :bounce:

cellophane
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:49 AM
Topic 152678687979 on the subject? :yawn: