PDA

View Full Version : serena falling, the video!! OMG

nouf
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
too much people asked to me video so watch and comment!
http://www.dailymotion.com/tennisphotos/video/x2fw1n_serena-williams-falling_sport

:eek: :eek:
full match => http://www.tennisphotos.org/wimbledon-2007-matches/

serena falling is in part3!

LoveFifteen
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
:sad:

:sobbing:

DarkchildSwiss
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
thanks for the video.

davidmario
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
F~U~C~K YOU!!! at those people who said she "DELAYED the match".

look in what pain she was!!!

LefandePatty
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Serena. :awww: :hug:

How did you win this match ?! :shrug:

*Jean*
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Wow! :eek:

woosey
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
i'm confused. why are they all laughing?

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
:sad: dont cry serena :sad:

Dennis^^
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
It was just terrible to see and hear that she was in so much agony. :(

tennisjunky
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
F~U~C~K YOU!!! at those people who said she "DELAYED the match".

look in what pain she was!!!yep, they can all lick the fungus from feet. serena showed courage and heart and i more proud than ever before to be a fan of hers. shes such an inspiration!

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM

After about 7 minutes, the umpire said "Serens is receiving a medical timeout" And the crowd were like "Yeah well we can kinda gather that."

Natalicious
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
:sobbing:

ptkten
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:33 PM

because the umpire said that serena williams had asked for a medical timeout when it was already obvious that she was on the ground in pain, i guess they just thought that he didn't need to announce it to everyone.

swissmr
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
It was pretty funny, Serena was lying on the floor crying out in pain ---
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Miss Serena Williams is receiving a medical time out."
Kinda like a "Bombshell" thread on Wta world.

nouf
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:38 PM
you can download already match before the rain! after the rain is coming
http://www.tennisphotos.org/wimbledon-2007-matches/

craigsf2000
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
And the best Actor Award goes.....ugh

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
and the most vile attempt at a critical comment goes to....

Mrs. Peel
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:47 PM
I am appalled at all the people accusing her of gamesmanship and faking. Disgusting. My ignore list ever expanding today!

Or Levy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
OMG, this was almost worse that Mary Pierce's fall.

I had a hard time watching that.

hurricanejeanne
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
Serena :hug:

spencercarlos
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
i just don´t undertstand what made her fall. Was it a cramp? Did she sprain her ankle? Why she hit herself with the racket.. i don´t get it.. :confused:

njnetswill
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
It wasn't so much a fall as it was her leg cramping and her being unable to place any weight on it.

When a muscle seizes up it is quite painful, I don't think Serena was faking. I'm not a Serena fan but even I don't believe she would try to pull something like a fake injury at Wimbledon.

spencercarlos
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:07 PM
i just don´t undertstand what made her fall. Was it a cramp? Did she sprain her ankle? Why she hit herself with the racket.. i don´t get it.. :confused:
ok nevermind.. strain calf yahoo says!

FanDeJen
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
She needs to eat more bananas...

Stavie
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
oh thats awful :sad:

Iceland
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:40 PM

Are you kidding ????? It's nothing in comparison to what happened to Mary !! Serena managed to continue the match two hours later ! It wasn't as serious, are you blind ???!! :o

RVD
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:46 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/tennisphotos/video/x2fw1n_serena-williams-falling_sport

:eek: :eek:OMG Serena!! :eek:
That was one KILLER cramp! :scared:
How the heck did she even survive this match?!!

Thank you for posting Nouf. :wavey:
I just logged on and read posters laughing, saying that she was acting, and that she even used gamesmanship. But now I know what really happened.

GREAT JOB Serena!!
What a magnificent champion you are!

PS
Vid title is very misleading, and should actually read: Serena's Killer Cramp!

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
I don't even like Serena, but damn i can't watch that video and see how much pain she was in!

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:31 PM

No way is this worse than the Mary Pierce incident i couldn't sleep for nights after that i kept hearing her scream in my head :eek:

This is way up there though!

jmp
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:43 PM
i just donīt undertstand what made her fall. Was it a cramp? Did she sprain her ankle? Why she hit herself with the racket.. i donīt get it.. :confused:

(1) What made her fall was that she couldn't put weight on the cramped leg due to extreme pain.

(2) Serena said in her interview that she hit herself with the racket because she had heard from someone that you could knock a cramp out that way.

That big knot in Serena's calf looked very real and very painful to me. I got misty eyed in the moments after she tried to continue playing before the rain delay.

Tennis-Chick
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
I felt sorry for her watching it, but she managed to play on and win anyway so it mustn't have been very serious

jmp
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:52 PM
:bigwave: Hey, Tennis-Chick! Long time no see. Enjoy the rest of the tournament and don't forget your umbrella. ;)

Fidello
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM

:eek: :eek:
... and the Oscar goes to...

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:44 PM
... and the Oscar goes to...

Should she retire too then?
What a sicko you are.
You know, it would be funny if that was one of your favourites. You'd be talking completely different then, eh?

Fidello
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
Should she retire too then?
What a sicko you are.
You know, it would be funny if that was one of your favourites. You'd be talking completely different then, eh?
Yes. please.
Give the WS all the titles and trophies and let other players compete for 3+ places, just get them out of tennis.

IanRadi
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:56 PM
I have never seen something like what happened to Mary at Linz :bigcry:

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Yes. please.
Give the WS all the titles and trophies and let other players compete for 3+ places, just get them out of tennis.

Ignorant, rude, yuck.

Fidello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
Ignorant, rude, yuck.
Exactly how I feel about WS. They're disgrace for the game. But, I guess we'll just have to put up with them for another year or so.

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
And the best Actor Award goes.....ugh
And the player with the most heart goes to ....Ms. Serena Williams. :worship::worship::worship:

mykarma
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:20 AM
It wasn't so much a fall as it was her leg cramping and her being unable to place any weight on it.

When a muscle seizes up it is quite painful, I don't think Serena was faking. I'm not a Serena fan but even I don't believe she would try to pull something like a fake injury at Wimbledon.
He's a troll.

Sam L
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Did she fake it?

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:40 AM
Exactly how I feel about WS. They're disgrace for the game. But, I guess we'll just have to put up with them for another year or so.

Disgrace for tennis? I'll have you know they have don't more than tennis than any of your faves ever will.

Fidello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:43 AM
Did she fake it?
Yes. Quite an actress she is. She should start acting in TV shows. Oh wait, she already did that.

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM
Yes. Quite an actress she is. She should start acting in TV shows. Oh wait, she already did that.

Serena is crap at acting. She wouldn't have been able to that well. :)

Dave.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:48 AM
Oh that is painful to watch:eek: Especially when she hit her calf with her raquet and thought it was gone, then fell to the ground. The screaming is painful, and the way she played the next 2 points was just sad. I actually had a small cramp in my foot the same time as this (it always happens:rolleyes: ) but the calf must be the most painful to get cramp because it's just so huge!

It was so tense when she was receiving a medical time-out as she would have had to quit the tournament if it went over 3 minutes and if they went into the 3rd set. Thank goodness the rain came. I think it's safe to say Serena would have won the match 6-2 7-5 (or something like that) if she didn't get cramp, so the rain came for the rightful reason. If Daniela was leading by a set and coming close to victory, it would have been even sadder, but it was good the rain came for a right reason.

SV_Fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_08_swilliams_048_empics_j_buckle.jpg

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_08_swilliams_045_pa_s_parsons.jpg

Dave.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
:bigclap: :clap2: :yeah: Oh and a BIG CLAP to the trainer! :yeah: :clap2: :bigclap:

gumoll
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:05 AM
:rolleyes: to all those who are saying it was acting :ras:

you probably don't know what a pain it is!!!!!!!!

I hope you will get such cramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joaco
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:07 AM
I swear to GOD the EXACT same thing happened to me while playing a match about a month ago. It is HORRIBLE. I could not keep on playing. Serena was smart enough to not step on it. I stepped on myu foot a little and I kinda injured my ankle.
It was UNBELIEVABLE. I mean, I had absolutely no control whatsoever of my leg. I cannot believe Serena kept on playing. What a fighter she is! :bow:

spencercarlos
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:25 AM
I swear to GOD the EXACT same thing happened to me while playing a match about a month ago. It is HORRIBLE. I could not keep on playing. Serena was smart enough to not step on it. I stepped on myu foot a little and I kinda injured my ankle.
It was UNBELIEVABLE. I mean, I had absolutely no control whatsoever of my leg. I cannot believe Serena kept on playing. What a fighter she is! :bow:
I still can not belive that she cramped so early in the match, i could understand it in a long match.
Still those can be dangerous as it can contract your muscles in a way that could cause an strain.

Anyway Serena better beat Henin in the Quarters and show is the champion that she is, otherwise a defeat against Henin on her best surface at this point will become a comedy of excuses.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:11 AM
Random cramps can come in at any time regardless of fitness, Serena had a brutal one and it lasted like 10x longer than the avg cramp!

nbaker53
Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:18 AM
ugh i've had that kind of spasm before it's such a bitch

Kunal
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:49 AM
damn

go hingis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
I feel for Serena but that was alot of time taken, what are the rules these days? that video went for over 9 minutes.

Leopold Stotch
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:42 AM
I feel for Serena but that was alot of time taken, what are the rules these days? that video went for over 9 minutes.
It took a mighty long time for the medical team to diagnose that she was suffering from cramp. Had the injury timeout started earlier, Daniela would have been a couple of breaks up in the final set before the skies opened up. Had she been a bit more ruthless she would have demanded that the umpire hurry things up. As it is, Serena was given loads of time to recover and the rest is history.

go hingis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:55 AM
It took a mighty long time for the medical team to diagnose that she was suffering from cramp. Had the injury timeout started earlier, Daniela would have been a couple of breaks up in the final set before the skies opened up. Had she been a bit more ruthless she would have demanded that the umpire hurry things up. As it is, Serena was given loads of time to recover and the rest is history.

The time it's taking to diagnose seems to be the new joke in tennis. If they can't figure it out and the player has no idea then they should continue on playing or retire. I think if there is not already a limit of time to diagnose there should be. I couldn't stand all of Pat Rafters cramp time out's and I couldn't stand when players used to commonly use injury breaks to break momentum. I really hope it's not coming back.

lilimi
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
poor serena...i felt really sad for her. i always knew she is fighter but yesterday she really impressed me lot. she was obviously not acting. i already had cramps (or don't know what)like her. it happens at any time in my calf and seconds after i feel like my whole leg is paralyzed. it takes me at least 30 minutes to recover and be able to walk...and that really hurts! i don't know if she had the same...well i stop telling my life :lol:

young_gunner913
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:06 AM
poor serena. :(