Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Hard not to like Justine in this. :shrug:

But I voted for Serena anyway.

Cator
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Justine in two

mdterp01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
Justine...had it not been for the cramp/strain I would've picked Serena. Justine is far smarter and superior than Daniela and will be moving Serena early and often. I'm not going into this match with any kind of enthusiasm. This should be easy for Justine but Serena will serve hard and go for broke and make Justine have to earn it. You can bet on that. She's just not gonna go out there and do nothing.

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
If the leg is OK Serena in 2, if not Juju in 2

:inlove:
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
But :woohoo: @ me having the injury excuse if Serena loses. :D :D

winone23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Voted for Serena. Win or lose Justine is already dammed :lol: :lol: :lol:

PamShriverRockz
Heart says Serena, head says Justine. :sad:

Хлоэ
Justine in 2 ;)

Mark Spruce
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Serena in 2

Princeza
Thought Justine even before serena''s injury.

.Andrew.
I pick Serena. :)

frenchie
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
If the match is tomorrow Justine wins

If the match is wednesdat, then Serena wins!

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Well, I don't know. Serena served great in the 3rd, but Justine is a great returner... we'll see. Go Justine!

Apoleb
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM

yes, because Justine cares if Serena has an "injury excuse" or not. :weirdo:

It's gonna be close, no matter what. If Serena plays like she did in the third set, she's going to be hard to beat by anyone. I can't wait for that match. the two best competitors and players fighting it out for their life.

BTW the match will take place tomorrow, right?

alias
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Justine in 2 , 6-2 6-4

Jean-Pierre.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:38 PM
One thing is for sure. If Serena loses, we know what the excuses on here will be. :lol:

MistyGrey
Allez Justine!

Groenefelder25
serena in 3!!!!!!

Poova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Justine :(

Conor
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Justine will not lose a set this tournament soooooo Justine in 2 :)

Serval
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
Justine will be ruthless and win it in 2.

Jirku
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
henin 6-2 6-0

she will blow her off the court, the one and only who deserves to be number one and winning all four the slams

ALLEZ

Derek.
If the match is tomorrow Justine wins

If the match is wednesday, then Serena wins!

I agree.

sharapovarulz1
JUSTINEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :worship: :worship:

She is the true fighter and champion, put the last nail in the coffin that is Serena Williams girl! :devil:

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Well if she loses, she's not going down without a fight.

pigmalion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Justine in two :drool:

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
I think Serena was hurting in the third set, but not as bad as she was letting on. As much as I love Serena, there is no way she would've been running as much as she was in the third set if she had a really serious injury. I believe the pain she felt was aftermath of a severe cramp, which will not affect her if the match is Wednesday. I'm not sure what will happen though if the match is tomorrow.

Sexysova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Justine 64 62 :)

mygirlV
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:50 PM
its got to be justine.
Did you see how much pain Serena was in at the end of that match?
she was def. in pain in that 3rd set. Gritting her teeth, doing that whole breathing deep in and out thing. She's seriously injured. I think its more serious than a cramp.
Listening to her press conference, I think she was doing that because she needed to go to the bathroom and was trying to hold it in.

hingisGOAT
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Justine is going to bitch slap her back accross the pond

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Justine is going to bitch slap her back accross the pond

Will Justine have a Laura Granville-like performance?

hingisGOAT
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM

You think Henin and Granville are on the same level? :haha:

If Serena goes into the match with that attitude she will not only be bitch-slapped, but double-bagelled :drool:

Mikey B
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
as impressive as serena was in that 4th round match i dont see her defeating justine... she hasnt broken a sweat in any of her matches and unless she has a mental breakdown i think her form is just too good for serena... but im happy to eat my words if serena proves me wrong! i just hope its a better quality match than what we saw at the french... good luck to both girls but i predict justine in 3 sets, 63 67 62

Slutiana
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
serena

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:58 PM
listening to her press conference she was very evasive about her upcoming match against Justine. She said she could be happy with just beating Hantuchova :eek: wouldn't say that unless she thought the injury might hamper her play. She was almost in tears at different points in the interview. The injury is something more than a cramp. I'm pretty sure of that. She'll get it checked out by a doctor and we'll know in a day or two.

Sure didn't look like anything serious on court

Mikey B
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
listening to her press conference she was very evasive about her upcoming match against Justine. She said she could be happy with just beating Hantuchova :eek: wouldn't say that unless she thought the injury might hamper her play. She was almost in tears at different points in the interview. The injury is something more than a cramp. I'm pretty sure of that. She'll get it checked out by a doctor and we'll know in a day or two.

it wasnt just a cramp, the commentators were calling it a leg strain brought on by muscle spasms!!! unless thats medical lingo for cramps then i think its more serious than just cramps :scared: hope she doesnt go for broke and get an even worse injury....

daniela86
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Justine in 2 just like in Paris :)

Astro Jetson
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
Of course, I hope Justine.

But after seeing Serena today, I think she is going to win in two. :help:

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
I'm afraid Justine will be too tough for this Serena...if the injury as serious, then it's good night for Serena. Such a shame that got injured just now.

iWill
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'm really not sure what will happen in this match after watching Serena fight through that injury and not knowing the severity i have to go against what I want to happen and say Justine in two........ but if it was just cramps and Serena is ready to play than I can see her taking it as well but this is really the first time that I cant call it either way i'm just going to have to watch and pray for the result that i WANT to happen

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Serena in 3

Lulu.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:31 PM
Serena.

PatrickRyan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Whatever happens i'm proud of Serena for making it this far with the injury.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Justine.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
The 35% of people who have voted for anything else expect Justine in 2 sets, cannot be mentally right, or maybe crazed Williams fans...

GrandSlam05
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Before the injury I was leaning towards Justine in 3. Now I just don't see how Justine will lose a set to Serena. Everything is working in Justine's favor now. She will exploit Serena's movement from the first point.

AKfanatic
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Thought Justine even before serena''s injury.

Ditto.....justine doesnt need the extra help from this injury, but since it happened....she'll take it!

Tennisaddict
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
I just saw that Serena has to play Justine tomorrow as the fourth match on CC :eek:
I don´t get it, I tought she would play her quarterfinal at Wednesday.

Oh well, I voted for Serena to win in three, I cannot overlook Serena´s drive to win.
She showed today that she wants it bad.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
And after Justine DEMOLISHES her in 2, how many times will Williams throw in the words 'injury', 'injured', 'cramp', in her after match interview...?

I'm going for 10-15...

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
I just saw that Serena has to play Justine tomorrow as the fourth match on CC :eek:

Oh well, I voted for Serena to win in three, I cannot overlook Serena´s drive to win.

I'm kinda shocked by the OOP. Why start the quarterfinals when there are 4th round matches that haven't started? I doubt the match will be played though; there ain't no way they are gonna complete three matches on centre before :p

bandabou
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:04 PM

Nope..it's not tomorrow.

Tennisaddict
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
The 35% of people who have voted for anything else expect Justine in 2 sets, cannot be mentally right, or maybe crazed Williams fans...

You´re wrong right there. You don´t know how Serena´s health will be tomorrow.
Even if Serena is at 70&% of her game I see her beating Justine in three sets.
You cannot overlook the fact that Serena is better on this surface than Justine.
If she´s still moving like she did today tough she will lose, but we don´t know anything about that right now.

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
I just saw the OOP and there is no 4th match :p

Slumpsova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
i hope Serena. she needs some good win to build up her confidence.

mandman
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:06 PM
Of course, Justine will win in 2 sets.
Justine has improved a lot on this surface.

Tennisaddict
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Nope..it's not tomorrow.

Phew, I just checked the Wimby site and she´s indeed not playing tomorrow.
Only more time for her to recover.

The Daviator
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM

:haha:

Anyway, Serena somehow, I can't believe the results, have you people never seen Serena's serve on grass? :lol: Wouldn't be surprised if Justine won, but it'll be much tougher than Paris...

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
:haha:

Anyway, Serena somehow, I can't believe the results, have you people never seen Serena's serve on grass? :lol: Wouldn't be surprised if Justine won, but it'll be much tougher than Paris...

Seriously, the bitch served like seven fucking aces with a broken leg :p

Stavie
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
My JuJu!:inlove: ;)

kadirelf
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Serena 6-3 6-3

loppy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
Justine all the way :bounce: :bounce:

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Serena 6-3 6-3

You'd say that if Serena wasn't even playing. :lol:

tard~tard
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
As long as no medical doctor confirms that Serena has an
injury, I will just go with the cramp, which is only a temporary
problem and will have no affect on tomorrow's QF.

Serena was moving just fine during the third set after the rain
delay. Jumping up and down, running and dancing around the court
as if nothing had happened. Only when she had enough time to
become conscious of her own behaviour and able to controle it,
she began to limp again.

Let's just say, as far as I was able to observe, that Serena
exploited the situation to the maximum and Hantuchova simply
fell into the trap. Her own fault of course, she should've
taken full avantage, making Serena run for her life, instead
she showed too much compassion and respect for Serena's discomfort,
almost as if she was more affected by Serena's cramps
than Serena herself. And she probably was. Serena didn't give
her the slightest chance to concentrate on herself, with the
endless going on toilet-break discussions, and the constant
stretching exercices when Daniela was trying to serve.

So no, without any medical report proving otherwise, I think we
can expect to see a fully recovered Serena tomorrow.

pwayne
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
Even though Serena will be hampered with her calf injury, she will find a way to gut this one out :cool:

Sassy-Na
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:38 PM
juju in 2. juju's slams :bounce:

tard~tard
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Oh, I just found out that Justine and Serena are not even
sheduled to play tomorrow. Damn rain. :mad:

Well, no worries then, forget about the cramps, it will be
a match like any other, the physical discomfort Serena was
facing today will be of no significance anymore on Wednesday.

IceSkaTennisFan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Serena didn't give
her the slightest chance to concentrate on herself, with the
endless going on toilet-break discussions, and the constant
stretching exercices when Daniela was trying to serve.
Serena was trying to get herself back in the match. Daniela's played her enough times that Serena's outward struggle shouldn't have been too big a surprise considering the circumstances. Hantuchova didn't take advantage of Serena's problems, and that's not Serena's fault.

samsam4087
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Justine in tough sets

cartmancop
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
If Serena is 'ok' then she will win, otherwise Justine will expose her weakness much better than Daniela.

tennisjunky
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
have to be realistic here. think justine chances went from slim to great. justine to win, and i hope and pray i'm wrong!

ilovethewilliams
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM
This will be a walk in the park for henin.. sorry, love Serena but I just don't see it

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
I voted Serena in 2...as you can see I'm being exceptionally optimistic that the injury will heal....if it doesn't then she should go out there and do what she did against Dani in the third for a set...if she's losing she should retire to prevent any more damage.

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Seriously, the bitch served like seven fucking aces with a broken leg :p

That was completely unnecessary. :shrug:

Bruno71
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
maybe Justine will overthink it. With Serena injured Justine might try to alter her game plan and then get all confused about it.
lol....just wishful thinking on my part. Ain't going to happen with svengali rodriguez guiding Justine.

I was thinking about that too, and I don't think there should be a gameplan to alter. If anything, Justine would've already tried to take advantage of Serena's so-far lackluster movement, so this kind of injury shouldn't really change that.

Serena may very well be OK for that match anyway, I'm not really sure the extent of her injury.

brodle1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
If the match is tomorrow I select the 5th option - Justine wins by walkover. I too think Serena is suffering from more than just cramps...if that is the case she will WD.

If the match is Wednesday I'm not sure.

serenaback
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hard not to like Justine in this. :shrug:

But I voted for Serena anyway.

yea i know right, i feel you, i did the same lol. Just hoping serena pulls off another miracle.

IceHock
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Serena in 3, 2-6,7-5,6-4

PatrickRyan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:09 PM
It's either going to be Justine in 2 or Serena in 3. But if Serena loses i won't be upset.

OZTENNIS
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Justine 7-6(2), 4-6, 6-3

Sund7101
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:12 PM
C'mon Serena!!!

My guess is 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 Serena

faste5683
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
I voted for Juju in two sets, mainly because I felt I "had to", but with that said, I think 'Rena will pull this one out as well. It's the kind of a thing where Justine will be thinking about Serena's injury, trying to make her run a bit more, as opposed to just being pure aggression. Serena, otoh, knows she's not at a 100 percent and will go for huge serves and groundies with no holding back. In a way, the pressure is now on Justine to deal not only with Serena Williams on grass (a scary enough prospect:eek:) - but a big hitting "Sidney or the bush" type game from 'Rena.

"Sidney or the bush". An Australian tennis term meaning to either hit a winner (Sidney) or make a wild error while trying to hit a winner (the bush).

:wavey:

mankind
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
Henin in straights is my feeling.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
:spit: 113 people voting Justine winning in 2 :lol:

I surely will take Justine (because she's playing absolutely brilliant at the moment)... but then, stranger things had happen before...

Bruno71
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
I voted for Juju in two sets, mainly because I felt I "had to", but with that said, I think 'Rena will pull this one out as well. It's the kind of a thing where Justine will be thinking about Serena's injury, trying to make her run a bit more, as opposed to just being pure aggression. Serena, otoh, knows she's not at a 100 percent and will go for huge serves and groundies with no holding back. In a way, the pressure is now on Justine to deal not only with Serena Williams on grass (a scary enough prospect:eek:) - but a big hitting "Sidney or the bush" type game from 'Rena.

"Sidney or the bush". An Australian tennis term meaning to either hit a winner (Sidney) or make a wild error while trying to hit a winner (the bush).

:wavey:

I think if there's any player & coach combo in the WTA that wouldn't fall into the trap of overthinking an opposing player's injury, it's Justine & Carlos. Serena will play the way you describe only if she is still really feeling that injury...because as she said in her interview, she knows what she did today is low percentage tennis and I don't think that's the gameplan she wants to bring. But, with an injury, she might have to.

IanRadi
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:54 PM
Because of the surface, Serena will.

trufanjay
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:07 AM
Before injury.......60-40 Serena

After injury........55-45 Serena

vejh
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:30 AM
Well, why not..??

Before the 'incident' Ju-100%
After the "incident' Ju-100% :)

SV_Fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
Serena the champion that we saw today.

Sam L
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:43 AM
I was neutral before but now I'm really pulling for Justine.

SV_Fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:47 AM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_08_swilliams_048_empics_j_buckle.jpg

It must be serious. :sad:

Onyxangel
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:02 AM
Ree will be fine by Wednesday... anyone who thinks this cramp is going to linger and hold her back is fooling yourself. Even if there is any soreness, it will be dealt with before the match, bet on it. Rena in 2, no doubt.

rommel99
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
well if its serious why is serena still in the doubles draw?

Selah
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:01 AM
Since the tournament started I have felt that Justine would win it, wimbledon that is. I was actually kinda hoping that she wins it but that was until Serena's gutsy performance today. I just hope both play well and honestly I hope the best woman on that day wins. That said, I voted Justine. I just think she is playing better than serena up until now.

ek48
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:08 AM
justine in 2

she had a rest day while serena had this exhausting day.

the money has to go on justine...but serena's heart may prove us wrong again.

LucasArg
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:15 AM
Serena 7-5 3-6 6-4:worship:

JustineTime
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
justine in 2

she had a rest day while serena had this exhausting day.

the money has to go on justine...but serena's heart may prove us wrong again.

Yeah. :sad: If only Justine had heart, too...:tears:

vw.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:17 AM
well if its serious why is serena still in the doubles draw?

They still have tomorrow to withdraw.

Plus, the match COULD be an opportunity to loosen up the calf.

eugreene2
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:46 AM
Serena didn't sound confident in the press conference. As strange as this may sound, I think the injury helps Serena. First of all, the match will not be before Wednesday (& at what time is anybody's guest). There is also an outside chance the match could be Thursday given the forecast. But with the injury, Serena will be more focused as she was in the 3rd set. Here we go, we'll find out. TOSS UP!!!

selyoink
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:24 AM
Justine in two sets.

barmaid
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:49 AM
Serena had more tape on her than a racehorse while finishing off the match today.:rolleyes: ..while I commend her "gutsy" effort for coming back and have to admire her mental toughness one more time:worship: ....you've got a little "filly" whose got all the savy of a "winner"..she's been flying through the draw..she seems fresh and ready to pounce.:bounce: ...so I don't see any more heroics from Serena tomorrow..she gave it her all today....nothing left for tomorrow!:sad:

barmaid:wavey:

harloo
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:55 AM
Serena had more tape on her than a racehorse while finishing off the match today.:rolleyes: ..while I commend her "gutsy" effort for coming back and have to admire her mental toughness one more time:worship: ....you've got a little "filly" whose got all the savy of a "winner"..she's been flying through the draw..she seems fresh and ready to pounce.:bounce: ...so I don't see any more heroics from Serena tomorrow..she gave it her all today....nothing left for tomorrow!:sad:

barmaid:wavey:

The match is scheduled for Wednesday even though that probably won't be of much help. Serena probably needs a good 3-4 weeks to recover. I don't believe she'll retire from playing against Justine, but the limited mobility will be her undoing. She needs her complete game to work on all cylinder's to defeat Justine here and I don't believe she has enough in the tank to pull it out. It's too bad because game wise she looks awesome, but without the proper movement against someone speedy like Justine it'll be nearly impossible to win. :sad:

Justine in two sets!

Si_Hi
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:05 AM
Allez, Justine!

Si_Hi
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:09 AM
If serena wins, many people here will jump up and say "serena is a real fighter!!!!!"
if she loses, people will say "she has an injury"
:rolleyes:

le bon vivant
Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:24 AM
If Serena is injured, Justine is going to baptize her.

mckyle.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:45 AM
That was completely unnecessary. :shrug:

yes, as if i was really calling serena a bitch because i hate her :rolleyes:

was it more unnecessary than all your trolling serena threads? :lol:

just fucking die already :smash:

merda2004
Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:53 AM
i think justine.and also justine will take no crap like yesterday.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:13 AM
This match all depends on that one single part of Serena's left leg named after the youngling of a cow. She can either become Xena the Warrior Princess... or Paris Hilton.

If you do get what I mean :lol:

Andy.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:37 AM
Well at the beginning of the year all things pointed to Serena but she hasnt been in great form since Miami and I havent really been impressed with her play at all, she has been very scratchy and inconsistant. I think Justine has just been a machine this whole year and has been super consistant. I think Justine will take this match, she has been very clinical of late.

fioredeliberi
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
With the added factor of an injury, I think Juju will take Serena even more easily.
Juju is ready to dominate and violate Serena, and this slight injury will make it even easier.
But now serena after she loses, will have a great excuse to explain why she played so bad against Justine.
That being said, grass is good to serena, and if she has recovered fully from her cramp, Juju will still have a tough match.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
This will be a walk in the park for henin.. sorry, love Serena but I just don't see it

:scratch: Wait what? Weren't you the one that said that Serena was never going to win her match today :lol: Please, spare Serena the "LOVE" :rolleyes:

Rosslyn
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:50 AM
let's finish already with this match, it's hanging over our heads for 2 weeks and it's just QF. whoever wins will still have a lot to do to win whole tournament.

if serena is ok, then she'll fight, scream, create drama and possibly win, if not - she's toast

Shimizu Amon
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:52 AM
If it was only a cramp, Serena should win in 3.
If it's an injury Henin is going to win in 2.
Good luck to both players.

Elwin.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Justine in 2, but i hope Serena will win!

strictennis
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
Though I am a Fan of these 2 players, it would be an interesting match-up. My money's on Justine. I'd chose the Belgium over the American anytime.

CORIA01
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:05 AM
I Want Serena To Win But Justine Will Win In 3

morningglory
Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:25 AM

:lol: and yeah there's the injury excuse as a safety net :lol:
Wish Serena could pull it off tho!

laetitia(jordan)
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
Justine of course !!!

supergrunt
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Serena is injured and will go for broke whenever she can.

Vinicius_Uraitan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Justine in 3 !!! :rocker2:

mboyle
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:13 PM
Justine in two. She would have beaten a healthy Serena in three.

jawadde
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Serena is injured and will go for broke whenever she can.

injured :rolleyes: :lol: it was just a cramp :banghead: She will be 100% fit

Xanadu11
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:18 PM
I think Justine. I equally like both players, but i just watched an excerpt from a Serena interview and i'm just dying, I didn't realise she was so funny, so i'm kinda feeling her now.

jawadde
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
you can't play like Serena did in the third with a serious injury

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Which I heard is a tear and not a sprain.

I don't want to accuse anyone of lying or anything, but I just have a really really hard time believing Serena could have played that last set with a tear. Maybe she had painkillers and just toughed it out, but it just seems unlikely.

Bijoux0021
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM
seriously. Justine is the no.1 seed and the clearly dominant player of the last 2 years while Serena is still workign her way back up from the huge career fall she took last year. And add to the mix that Serena is injured and Justine is screwed either way. If she loses it'll be said Serena is sooo much better than Justine cuz Justine can't even beat an injured Serena on grass. If Justine wins no matter the score people will say Serena was injured (which she is). Which I heard is a tear and not a sprain.

But either way vamos Serena I don't care what happens just try your best!!! Unless there is a possibility of Serena makign her injury worse. Cuz if that happens then win or lose its not worth it cuz she could not only be jeapordizing the rest of her year but the rest of her career.
Very well said.

Mightymirza
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:21 PM
allez justine go win in 2 :rocker2:

Bijoux0021
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Serena in 2.

Bruno71
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
well that's what's being said. Serena never said that by the way. just to preempt people saying Serena is a liar and always claims injuries blah blah blah. We'll just have to wait for official news which we may never get cuz the WS are so secretive about their injuries.

Yeah I know. I should've said Richard instead of anyone, but I wanted to keep it vague. Not saying he's a liar either, it's just a bit hard to believe is all.

Donatello
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
Anyone who has been following Serena knows she will not want to lose after the drama in the last round, and willpower may be the only power you need.