PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Venus and Serena will still play doubles?

nflatte
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
Assuming no further rain and Serena finishing her match in time, will she pull out of doubles to rest her leg?

Paneru
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
No clue.

They are scheduled to play
tommorrow so we shall see.

heytennis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:43 PM
If it is just a cramp, then yes.

roelc
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
I hope so, but the schedule is rather weird
venus-maria 3rd on CC after 1 WS + 1 MS match
venus/serena-anabel/virgina on C2 after 1 WS + 1 MS (7-6 6-5 TBF) + 1 WD
so I don't think venus will get a lot of rest...
(but if rain strikes again - and I guess it will - it is possible venus will not be able to play at all)

BigBabeTENNIS
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
hope so

le bon vivant
MAN, I hope not.

IanRadi
Ruano-Pascual and Medina-Garrigues are wishing that they won't.

Craigy
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Serena better not :scared:

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:06 AM
Serena better not :scared:

OK!...its was not a cramp..it was a strain..so thats more serious than a simple cramp..Serena said she didnt want to dissapoint her sister by pulling out..but i think its best if she does pull out

BigBabeTENNIS
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:09 AM
. What of this situation for the doubles match?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I'm desperately hoping I can pull it together tomorrow. I'm really ready to play the doubles. I've been looking forward to this match since the draw came out. I can only hope and pray that I can make it.

Il Primo!
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:20 AM
Frankly, I'm sure Venus will understand if Serena would rather not ruin her chances against Haine-1 (JH). They shouldn't play IMO.

Dave.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:27 AM
What is first for Venus tommorow, singles or doubles?

I really want Venus and Serena to take out Sharapova and Henin. I also want them to play doubles aswell though! I suppose it all depends on Serena and if she feels playing doubles will effect her singles QF. Anabel and Virginia are a very dangerous team for Venus and Serena, even if it is on grass. If Venus is feeling tired from a singles match (if that is first) and Serena with calf problems, I sniff an 'upset'.

.Andrew.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
Hopefully Serena chooses not to play.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
I highly doubt they'll play. I'd be surprised if Venus let Serena play even if she wanted to.

Uranium
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:05 AM
I HOPE SO, but probably not :fiery: because serena was in pain, even though 3rd set vs. Hantuchova she beat her down.

calabar
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:31 AM
Probably not, thanks to those azz holes who scheduled Venus THIRD in singles and THEN onto her doubles.

vw.
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:33 AM
There's no doubt that even if Serena feels okay with her calf, there's gonna be a little bit of doubt in the back of her mind about it. Unless Serena's calf is 110% ready, I hope for both Venus and especially Serena's sake that they don't continue on.

Selah
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:36 AM
The only reason I think she should play is to use it as practice.

LucasArg
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:53 AM
I think the will play! :yeah:

I am positve about it! :D

AcesHigh
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:55 AM
They should not play at ALL. Both need to concentrate on singles and if they don't have enough match practice by now, they can't be helped.