PDA

View Full Version : Crowd's laughter inappropriate

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Whether they were laughing at the announcement or whatever, I couldn't have seen thm doing this if the great Maria Sharapova toppled to the ground. In the end they seemed slightly appreciative...but still i was a little shocked. Loved the guy who screamed keep on fighting Serena...

Jean-Pierre.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
Even Oracene was a laughing, you friggin' idiot.

rod99
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
yawn

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
An athlete cramping isn't a tragedy. It's part of sports.

~CANUCK~
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
They were laughing at Captain Obvious announcing that Serena was getting treatment not at the fact that she was getting treatment.

WF4EVER
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Sometimes the bitching and moaning can go too far. You did not really just start this stupid thread when there are more serious things going on out there?

I guess this is one of the dangers of anybody being able to have access to a computer.

LudwigDvorak
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
Oh, see, I thought that they were laughing at Serena, not at the announcer. THen yeah, no big deal.

A_S
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:15 PM
maybe we talk about something even more inapropriate, her father getting involved in the game....

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:15 PM
Oh, see, I thought that they were laughing at Serena, not at the announcer. THen yeah, no big deal.

Yeah me too. The responses were pathetic, but the illustrious posters that came in didn't surprise me.:(

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
maybe we talk about something even more inapropriate, her father getting involved in the game....

I thought it was very classy of Daniela to go over to her at the net though....just to say. :worship:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM

Oracene wasn't laughing you spasmotard and if she was it was obviosuly nerves. What a wonder you have a frozen reputation. Idiot.:devil:

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
yawn

:yawn: right back at ya. :o

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
It doesn't matter that it was just a cramp. How could they laugh when they saw the pain on Serena's face? Its like they were indifferent. They were indifferent. Some of them even booed.

And some of you who responded just need to calm the f$ck down.

~CANUCK~
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Oracene wasn't laughing you spasmotard and if she was it was obviosuly nerves. What a wonder you have a frozen reputation. Idiot.:devil:

Actually she was laughing when the umpire made the call. So try again.

swissmr
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
OMG they weren't laughing at Serena. Jeez the crowd were completely on Serena's side after the injury and yet people still find a reason to feel hated against. Its ridiculous :rolleyes:

nikita771
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:54 PM
I don't think that it was inappropriate or in bad taste. They were reacting to a very obvious announcement. It was more of a "duh" moment and had nothing to do with Serena.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:55 PM
I don't think that it was inappropriate or in bad taste. They were reacting to a very obvious announcement. It was more of a "duh" moment and had nothing to do with Serena.

Exactly my thoughts :yeah:

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM
They weren't laughing at Serena how could anyone laugh when they saw the pain she was going through it would be wrong!

You seem to think the world and its wife are against Serena :o

nhissan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:03 PM

calm down you don't need to insult him/her :rolleyes:

Bijoux0021
Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
They were laughing at Captain Obvious announcing that Serena was getting treatment not at the fact that she was getting treatment.
I agree. They were laughing at the announcement. They were not laughing at Serena or her injury. That's why even Oracene laughed at the announcement a little bit, but she was still very concerned. It was the crowd's way of saying, "DUH!!! Of course she's getting treatment. We all can see she's injured."

SJW
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Whether they were laughing at the announcement or whatever, I couldn't have seen thm doing this if the great Maria Sharapova toppled to the ground. In the end they seemed slightly appreciative...but still i was a little shocked. Loved the guy who screamed keep on fighting Serena...

We were laughing at him saying that she was getting a medical timeout...I tell you, everybody was begging her to get up, and then he comes out with that. Kinda to laugh our nerves away.
Other laughter was because Richard said (to nobody in particular) "we need some of that English rain!", and then "Hey ref, isn't it raining?!" (when it was spitting after the restart).

It's ok. Don't get so defensive about it.

edificio
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
It was a funny moment.

MK hamster
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:53 PM
At least they didn't laugh at her acting skills - they were superb, should get an Oscar...

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
At least they didn't laugh at her acting skills - they were superb, should get an Oscar...

:lol: :lol: