PDA

View Full Version : The holy rain saves Serena!

davidmario
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I hope her cramps will be gone until it's dry again...

Lol @ Serena hitting an ace at *5-6 :lol: :yeah:

Richard was funny when he pointed at the sky and 5 seconds later it started to drop down heavily:angel:

Paneru
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Thank God!

Also, great that it's just a cramp and
nothng more serious! Hope it's just
a cramp and nothing more.

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:38 PM
i hope it doesnt
thats very unfair. not the fact that is raining but the fact that serena tried to delay its point on purpose
and that was very obvious!!!

Vut
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
thanks god!!!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
I hate NBC, I'm on the westcoast and can't see tennis until 10am local time. UGH!

"Topaz"
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
This is the very first time I'm happy it rains at Wimbledon.
When this match resumes (Hantuchova - Serena), I sure hope Serena's condition will have improved. It looks like both legs are affected, although the left one more severely.

tennisjunky
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
i hope it doesnt
thats very unfair. not the fact that is raining but the fact that serena tried to delay its point on purpose

shut up already. if i was cramping i'm not going to be trying to play as fast as I can, i'd do the opposite and so would anybody with half a brain. nadal plays slow, so does mary peirce, and so do most injured players especially if the clouds look like it might rain. if she took too much time she should get a warning and that's that.

thank god for the rain. i want straight sets. maybe this time out will give dani time to think about how close she is to pulling out the second and make her nervous. she's always battling nerves hope that continues.

GO SERENA- even god's rooting for you ;)

schorsch
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:43 PM
yes, serena looked up to the sky several times just hoping for the rain to kick in and she delayed playing. i didnt like serena before, but after that i havent got any respect for her anymore. its good to want to win badly, but a champion knows when to give up and doesnt pull these things.

davidmario
I hate NBC, I'm on the westcoast and can't see tennis until 10am local time. UGH!

can't you buy wimbledon LIVE?

I'm using that also because german channels only show crap german players.

The DSF commentary said that Serena might have a rupture of a muscle fiber! :sad:
But I don't really believe it because Serena's muscle suddenly was really hard and tight and she was just walking from one side to another in the moment when it happened. Normally you don't get ruptures of a muscle fiber in such moments:confused:

tennisjunky
i hope it doesnt

shut up already. if i was cramping i'm not going to be trying to play as fast as I can, i'd do the opposite and so would anybody with half a brain. nadal plays slow, so does mary peirce, and so do most injured players especially if the clouds look like it might rain. if she took too much time she should get a warning and that's that.

thank god for the rain. i want straight sets. maybe this time out will give dani time to think about how close she is to pulling out the second and make her nervous. she's always battling nerves hope that continues.

GO SERENA- even god's rooting for you ;)

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:50 PM
what ever serenas fans are saying they know they are in the wrong
serena was doing it on purpose. and the umpire didnt say anything because its serena
i wonder if someone else did that to serena what the outcome would be!!!
i hope it stops raining soon. and i hope the game starts in the next 20 minutes or so

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
serena was doing it on purpose. and the umpire didnt say anything because its serena
i hope it stops raining soon. and i hope the game starts in the next 20 minutes or soWell, we Serena fans have long accepted the title of being the grimiest, vilest fans on the board along with our players. I don't see you point.

Meeek
i hope it stops raining soon. and i hope the game starts in the next 20 minutes or so

Yeah, she ordered that cramp and got it delivered by DHL. :weirdo:

morningglory
whew I hope it's only a cramp and nothing long term...
Go to a 3rd set if you must Serena but pls win and pls demolish Justine! :woohoo:

strictennis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
She should retire and rest the leg. It'd worst if she make it bad - hence cutting short her career.

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks be to God. The first time I have ever wanted it to rain at Wimbledon

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
i hope it doesnt

I'm sure your fav would have bpounced up and fucking retired. She deserves a round of applause for playing on. Hope it rains for the rest of the night. I know it's noone's fault but Serena's that she has cramp but come on, where was the trainer with the salt when she asked for it. Venus looked like she was about to cry, and i seen her mouth the words where is the rain now.

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Well, we Serena fans have long accepted the title of being the grimiest, vilest fans on the board along with our players. I don't see you point.

u dont ha?then look the way tennisjunky is replying back and then u'll see my point

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
She should retire and rest the leg. It'd worst if she make it bad - hence cutting short her career.

LOL shocked at a Hantuchova fan saying this.....:devil:

Avid Merrion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
:bowdown: God bless the rain!! never been so happy to see it chucking it down at Wimbledon :lol:

i hope it doesnt

oh please! :rolleyes: did you not see how much pain Serena was in? i know she wants to be an actress, but she's not that good you know :p and unless she's psychic as well, i hardly think she knew it was going to rain enough to halt the match.

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Rain :bowdown: Thank you :awww:

frenchie
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Poor Serena!

Are you sure it's only cramps? Some french commentators said Serena could be injured!

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
oh come on.she was keep looking up to the sky to see the clouds
why dont u admitt that she was trying to delay the match?she was and u all know that!!!
well its seems that it will not rain for much longer!!!
u should win the match fair and square and not by cheating!!!
thats all

50Sense
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Wait....I don't understand. How is Serena going to get flack for delaying play against HANTUCHOVA of all people?! The woman takes more time between points than any other player on tour!

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:02 PM

Serena was within the time limmit. Hantuchova wasn't complaining, and Serena was clearly trying to play on. Why on earth would she need to delay? She just came back from 5-3 down, and was on a bit of a roll... why would she want to delay any longer? :rolleyes:. She played at a resonable pace, even if it was slower than normal.

Meeek
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
oh come on.she was keep looking up to the sky to see the clouds
why dont u admitt that she was trying to delay the match?she was and u all know that!!!
well its seems that it will not rain for much longer!!!
u should win the match fair and square and not by cheating!!!
thats all

Ofcourse she was wishing it would start raining? What sane person wouldn't do the same thing?
Nevertheless, she did continue on pure will through the pain until that time, which is more than can be said for a lot of players.

swissmr
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Uh oh, they're taking the covers off centre...

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
I'm certainly not a Serena fan, and I like Daniela, but I too am happy it rained :worship:. She kept playing, and she did the same thing I would have done. She kept playing through the pain to wait for the rain, and there was nothing unfair aobut what she did. I hope it was just a cramp and she'll be ready to play some more awesome points when her and dani resume :bounce:

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Uh oh, they're taking the covers off centre...

good
its better to have a fair and square match rather not

davidmario
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:05 PM
:rolleyes:
I'd like all you guys here to have such an injury and then trying NOT to delay play:rolleyes:

All those haters who just try to find another reason for their stupid hating.

And BTW where was that delay? Serena served quickly and was ready to return when Hantuchova was. The only delay was when she was laying on the ground for like 5 minutes and THEN the umpire said "medical timeout of 3minutes" so there was that delay. But what do you guys expect? Should Serena stop crying after 30sec and stand up and shout "Oh Umpire, I just wanted to make sure that you start calling it a medical timeout now because I don't want to delay play! Thanks, I'll lay down now and start crying again ok?!" Or what do you think whose job it is????:shrug:

strictennis
LOL shocked at a Hantuchova fan saying this.....:devil:

:o

swissmr
I agree, I'm not a Serena fan but I was so happy to see the rain, as were most of the crowd. It would have been horrible to see her lose in those circumstances.

Lunatiq
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
She will win it!!

Wolverines08
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Rain is over....courts are being cleared for play. That was atleast 25 minutes.

swissmr
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:07 PM
good
its better to have a fair and square match rather not

How is it fair if one of the players is injured? Surely the result is fairer if both players are healthy? :rolleyes:

Midnite Surfer
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
yes, serena looked up to the sky several times just hoping for the rain to kick in and she delayed playing. i didnt like serena before, but after that i havent got any respect for her anymore. its good to want to win badly, but a champion knows when to give up and doesnt pull these things.

Of course champions pull these things. There is nothing wrong with hoping for a little rain when you are having some bad luck. But also it looked like she was in very genuine pain as was trying to loosen her muscle up.

You are being a little harsh. Perhaps you are one of those bad fans who lets jealousy rob you of any humanity towards your fellow human beings?

Avid Merrion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:08 PM
How is it fair if one of the players is injured? Surely the result is fairer if both players are healthy? :rolleyes:

:lol: you're wasting your time trying to reason with an obvious hater ;)

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:10 PM

how is it fair?if u have an injury or a cramp and u cannot play then u stop right?in case it starts raining (which is good for u that is injured) then u have time to heal right?
so without the rain factor u would have stopped. no?
now are u with me?
u should be relying on rain or not to continue play. if an injury takes place then bad luck
it happened to so many players
thats what i am trying to say and the serena fans dont admitt it. and i am asking...if the same happened to danny what would they say?

winone23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wish people would quit saying stupid things on this board.

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:12 PM
:lol: you're wasting your time trying to reason with an obvious hater ;)

i am not a hater and have to reason to be
i am realistic and fair!!!
and for sure not biased!!!

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
how is it fair?if u have an injury or a cramp and u cannot play then u stop right?in case it starts raining (which is good for u that is injured) then u have time to heal right?
now are u with me?
u should be relying on rain or not to continue play. if an injury takes place then bad luck
thats what i am trying to say and the serena fans dont admitt it. and i am asking...if the same happened to danny what would they say?

Serena was up a set. I'm willing to bet money she wouldn't have stopped, even if it was sunny out. She had the rest of that set to try to win the match, and maybe it'd go away before the 3rd. It was only a cramp, they come and go rather quickly. I mean, she managed to hold serve and win 2 points in the tiebreak even while injured.

It's Serena's right to keep playing. In this instance, in this circumstance, it just happened to be about to rain. So, why not wait it out and see how long before that happens? If she was that badly injured, she would never have continued again. It was about 10 minutes from the time she got hurt to when the match was called, and it oculd have been much longer. She was just trying to keep playing, trying to get her cramp to go away.

Avid Merrion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:15 PM

yes, for sure....*cough*

tennisjunky
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
yes, serena looked up to the sky several times just hoping for the rain to kick in and she delayed playing. i didnt like serena before, but after that i havent got any respect for her anymore. its good to want to win badly, but a champion knows when to give up and doesnt pull these things.not sure how, but i hope serena can find a way to cary on with living knowing that you have lost respect for her "OH GREAT ONE".

sorry i love masha but we both know her bathroom breaks after losing sets were strategic. you hate serena for delaying play because of an injury. what about masha for doing the same when she's not even hurt?

for me, i'm ok with these things. tennis is strategic and mental get the edge anywhere you can with out lying or stealing points. anything in the rules thats legal is a fair tactic.

sounds like you just want a reason not to like serena. so hate her as much as you like, who give a flying f*!@

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
yes, for sure....*cough*

i have no reason to lie mate!!!
just want everything to be fair...but from what i see it will never happen

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
now are u with me?

BTW, that's the stupidest part of your post. Serena obviously could play somewhat because won 7 out of about 16 points even after getting her. And how many players do you know that just quit because tehy have cramps? They keep playing as long as they can, and usually the cramps go away. Like in Justine def. Lindsay in Australian Open 2003.

beall420
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
Its like its not even worth talking to these people about serena.

So because she is injured she should givve up fioghting and let dani ahve the match?

how fair would that be for dani or the spectators or to serena herself?

She was smart to take time between points just like dani was smart to serve into serenas body because serena could not move.

Geez its like serena is held to some standard no one can attain.

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
BTW, that's the stupidest part of your post. Serena obviously could play somewhat because won 7 out of about 16 points even after getting her. And how many players do you know that just quit because tehy have cramps? They keep playing as long as they can, and usually the cramps go away. Like in Justine def. Lindsay in Australian Open 2003.

if u remember that then u remember that justine was losing in that match!!! and since she delayed the match then came back and win it!!!
its all about timing and momentum
and some people know that!!!
thats what i am trying to say!!!

New
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Serena played with courage and guts :worship:

Dani was a bit apprehensive at times (she should have hit side to side if she really wanted to be evil, but one point i saw her hit it back to serena and it wasn't that hard):worship:

Just glad rain stopped play and both girls can play to their best hopefully....

davidmario
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:26 PM

lol that must be one of the stupiest posts ever!

BTW: NOBODY retires directly while suffering under cramps. That's just a typical injury which tennis players get and everyone (maybe except of you) knows that it isn't serious and you can continue playing normal after like 20mins.
Serena didn't delay play! At 2-4 in the tiebreak she even changed ends by walking past the other end of the net to avoid another short treatment by the trainer!

Stingray
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM

Are you kidding? The woman was screaming in pain, tears in her eyes, yet gets up and plays and holds serve. I have more respect for her than any other sportsperson.