PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Austin, "In these kinds of situation, Golovin comes to mind."

nflatte
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Serena is cramping really badly and Tracy Austin mentions that in these kind of situations, there are players who don't show concern towards their opponent. She then said that Golovin comes to mind during her match against Maria in Miami.

That was nice of you Daniela!

Dave.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
It was good to see Daniela go over to see if she could help. After doing that, she tried to keep herself warmed up by shadowing groundstrokes which is understandable. Daniela is one of the nicest on the tour.

nflatte
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I think Maria should've done the same. Oh well.

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
It was nice to see Dani going over

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:35 PM
This shows how mental tennis is. Hantuchova played much better when Serena was healthy.
Afterwards, she played like crap.

tobe
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
dani is great!!! Hope she can get handle the situation as well

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Dani should have won this set. She played awful when Serena couldn't move.

Andrew..
This shows how mental tennis is. Hantuchova played much better when Serena was healthy.
Afterwards, she played like crap.
Hantuchova was playing like crap from 5-2 on in the second set. She still sucked when Serena got up.

Poova
God, your hate with Maria is borderlining obsession. :rolleyes:

Well done to Dani on going over to try and help though. :yeah:

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Hantuchova was playing like crap from 5-2 on in the second set. She still sucked when Serena got up.Hantuchova was playing good enough to close out the set. She let Serena's cramping screw up her focus.

lukehingis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Classy move from Dani.... I think she'd rather play a healthy serena... she played worst after Serena started cramping and I think she was hoping for rain as well....

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
Hantuchova should be trying to win. If it's acramp, Serena could be fine tomorrow.
So you have to play to win now.

strictennis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
Mary Pierce.

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Mary Pierce had a severe injury. So did Golovin. A cramp is different, and Hantuchova has to keep focus,.

nflatte
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
God, your hate with Maria is borderlining obsession. :rolleyes:

Well done to Dani on going over to try and help though. :yeah:

I don't hate her. I was just pointing out the obvious.

nflatte
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Mary Pierce had a severe injury. So did Golovin. A cramp is different, and Hantuchova has to keep focus,.

Yeah, but I think Tracy was trying to point out that "in these kinds of situation (Daniela going over the net to show concern)," the golovin incident comes to mind. So what Daniela did was really professional.

Andrew..
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hantuchova was playing good enough to close out the set. She let Serena's cramping screw up her focus.
How was she playing well enough to close out the set when she just blew a 5-2 lead.

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Hantuchova was playing good enough to close out the set. She let Serena's cramping screw up her focus.

Bullshit! Serena got the breaker back and levelled the match 5-5 BEFORE she started to cramp. Either be informed THEN comment, or just shut the fuck up.

Edit: :P

Tennisaddict
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:36 PM
I tought it was a classy move from Daniela as well. LMAO at Tracy Austin she only started to root for Serena when she was having cramps. Before that she was talking what Daniela had to do to beat Serena.