Who Wins?

Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed
7 / 4 2004 ZURICH HARD (I) Q M. SHARAPOVA 6-3 6-4 11 / 7
3 / 2 2005 MIAMI HARD (O) S M. SHARAPOVA 6-4 6-3 9 / 8
2 / 2 2005 WIMBLEDON GRASS (O) S V. WILLIAMS 7-6(2) 6-1 16 / 14
2 / 1 2007 MIAMI HARD (O) R32 M. SHARAPOVA 2-6 6-2 7-5 39 / --

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:31 PM
If Venus plays her close to her best, she wins.

s_j
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Based on current form and their last 3 matches - undeniably Maria in 2.

Vaidisova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Maria

Serena!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'm hoping Venus in 3

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
Venus plays poorly, she spreads ball everywhere. With her current form she shouldn't trouble Maria at all :shrug:
Anyway, I hope I am proven wrong because I want to see a good match like Jankovic-Safarova.

woosey
i ain't got a clue. depends on which venus shows up i suppose. if the one that's been showing up most of the year comes, she'll lose cuz pova has picked up her game. she might get a light under her booty since it'll probably be played on centre court.

pwayne
Maria will have Venus for "lunch". Maria is serving much better.

Knizzle
Pova in 2 honestly. Venus doesn't have much of a chance.

jbone_0307
Unless Venus steps up her game tremendously, I don't think she will be on court for more than an hour. Maria in 2 easy sets.

Demska
maria is 2.

63 62

Highlandman
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
Venus 4-6,6-4,9-7:D

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
its all about which venus shows up. if she's serving well and keeping the ue errors down then i pick venus. i think shes a bad matchup for maria. she can match maria for power so sh wont be blown off the court, shes a much better mover and veus is much more comfortable coming to net and her volleying is better than marias volleying. ifvenus plays like she did in her 1st and 3rd round matches she'll go down in straights. its tougth to say but you cant expect venus to play badly because of two matches. she can step it up at any time.i like maria in 2 sets or venus in 3 sets.i think one thing people should forget about is current form. with venus it means nothing and once the pressure is on sharapova her serving problems could creep back up

Dexter
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
This will be funny. :lol:

vw.
Based on current form and their last 3 matches - undeniably Maria in 2.

I agree completely.

But you never know with her. It could go 2 sets for either players' favour. But definitely 70-30 Maria with Venus' current form.

spokenword73
Y'all are dreaming. It's Vee 7-5, 7-5

volta

it's sad to say it but i agree :sad:

i'll be rooting for Vee all thru the match but Maria will win this in 2 i'm afraid :sad: i just hope Venus proves me wrong

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
I so hope I'm wrong, but Maria in 2

Viktymise
Venus in 3

merda2004
i hope its maria

Andy.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
Masha is going to go into this match more confident thatn Vee based on their reconrd and looking at Vee's form Sharapova has to be the favourite. Good luck Masha

Effy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
Masha in 2 ;)

kiwifan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Darn :(, I was hoping to be the only one to pick Venus in 2 :devil:

jamatthews
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
It's tough to call. I think Venus needs to finish off Maria quickly like Ana/Serena, because if she lets Maria into match, Maria's movement and forehand will improve significantly, which will also cause Venus to start spraying more.

Princeza
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Masha :bowdown:

Wolverines08
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
People say Venus forehand is week, but every commentator noticed that everytime SUGIYAMA(OF ALL PEOPLE) hit the ball to the Sharapova forehand it would break down.

Natalicious
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:44 PM
venus in 3 :unsure:

Paneru
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:45 PM
Venus in 2!

Just watch.

Venus struggles all year against top ten,
then struggles here against players outside
the top 35, & suddenly she blows up and comes
out guns blazing.

That's Venus, just watch! :lol:

dav abu
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
Maria in 2.

K-Dog
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:50 PM
Venus is playing dreadful and can't seem to figure out what is going wrong for herself. Richard and Oracene can tell her what she needs to do, but it needs to click inside her head in order for her to play better. If Venus feels that she is a lil off at all, add some topspin. She can still play aggresive if all she adds is some spin. But no, it takes Venus to be down a set and a break to figure that out. Imo, as soon as she gets down a break, adjustments need to be made. The old Venus did that. To me, it seems that the old Venus was a smarter player than the more experienced Venus now. The statement should be in reverse, but unfortunately, it isn't. I'm saying Maria wins 6-3 6-1.

ys
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
If Venus wins this, no one stops here. That's the final for her. Not for Maria though, who can still lose to just about anyone who is still in the draw.

victory1
Maria in 2; but I hope for Venus to win, but I watched all 3 of Venus matches so far and this Venus don't have a chance of even taking a set off Maria! M aybe we will see a different Venus, but I doubt it!

Il Primo!
I love you Venus but Maria in two

Brooks.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Maria 6-3 6-4

Poova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Maria in straights. Venus may push it to three if Maria's not that extraordinary, although if Venus plays how she has throughout the tournament Maria does not need to be extraordinary. :p

winone23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
I'm going with Venus in 2, Venus will find a way. It's all or nothing right now for Venus so she has no chose but to fight!

Bijoux0021
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:56 PM
To be honest, this Venus won't beat Maria. She'll have to serve well and keep her unforced errors down. I'm not confident she'll do those two things in order to win.

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM
:woohoo: People discounting Venus and thinking she will get creamed!

This can only mean good things for Venus!:bounce:

ys
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Venus in three is my call.. Venus inconsistency does not really bother me.. She has never been Ms. Consistency, and Petrova-like 6:1, 6:1 scores in early rounds has never been her specialty. It does not really matter , as long as she wins.. She is Wimbledon legend. Unlike anyone else still playing and not named Roger. She'll raise her level..

morningglory
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
As a fan of both I will state the obvious: both Venus and Masha, when they're good, they're DAYUM good. When they're bad they're just horrible... :lol:
It could be a nail biter or a blowout... really can't predict what's gonna happen...
Current form withstanding you have to go with Masha though she's playing loads better...

littlemermaid
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:01 PM
hmm.. it's gonna be an intresting match. If Maria plays like she did in her last 3 matches she should win in 2, with venus playing like she was in her last three matches. We'll see. I'm hoping Maria though.

K-Dog
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:01 PM
Venus in three is my call.. Venus inconsistency does not really bother me.. She has never been Ms. Consistency, and Petrova-like 6:1, 6:1 scores in early rounds has never been her specialty. It does not really matter , as long as she wins.. She is Wimbledon legend. Unlike anyone else still playing and not named Roger. She'll raise her level..

But between 1999-2003, for the most part she was all business and won early rounds easily at slams. It has only been since the ab strain that the tides have changed. That injury fucked Venus up.

Il Primo!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM

She has been Ms Consistency;)

Mark Spruce
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
Maria in 3 sets

K-Dog
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
The only thing that can save Venus now is if Serena wins and then they play doubles and she regains some form. I have a feeling that the doubles could really help her confidence out there.

40-0
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
Serena will be there, her bf will be there, her dad and mom will be there, her other sister too. Please, her game comes together when her minds come together, she was looking to her BF a lot today, hes encouraging her. Shes gonna make it!

morningglory
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM

Ditto... or should I say she WAS Ms. consistency... :o
She used to blow lower ranked players away with power like Serena...

Jevel
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:08 PM
Maria in 2.

najad
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Venus in 2!

Just watch.

out guns blazing.

i wish i could think like you but honestly venus is gonna lose this match 6/2 6/2...poor venus:help: :sad:

blumaroo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
It won't be a blowout.
But Morigami and that Russian played much better than Sharapova's opponents. Still, I will be dissappointed if Maria doesn't win this. If Venus wins, she'll probably make the final.

Hellion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
hopefully Maria will win !

Serenita
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Venus in 3

K-Dog
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
It won't be a blowout.
But Morigami and that Russian played much better than Sharapova's opponents. Still, I will be dissappointed if Maria doesn't win this. If Venus wins, she'll probably make the final.

She's in the type of form that reminds me of the 2001 Oz. It could be another one of those matches for Venus.

venusdemilo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:19 PM

Consistently giving us nailbiters. Honestly, I won't even try to predict the outcome of this one. It could be straights for Maria or a dogfight to Venus. But one thing we do know, it will be LOUD and it will feature VERY HARD HITTING.

Sexysova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
Maria 64 63 :)

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:21 PM
If Venus plays like she did today, then Maria 6-4 6-2. If Venus comes to play, 6-4 6-1.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Maria is the favorite both on paper, and based on play this week. However, I don't get people saying Venus is going to lose easily... When is the last time Venus lost "easily" on grass? Even in her 3rd round loss to Jankovic last year, it was a tight 3 setter. Her losses to Sprem in '04 and Serena in '02 were both tight 2 setters with tiebreakers. Venus is capable of losing on grass, but it's no easy feat even if Venus is playing horridly.

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
If Venus plays her close to her best, she wins.

what if she plays serena's best? what if she is racist?

K-Dog
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Consistently giving us nailbiters. Honestly, I won't even try to predict the outcome of this one. It could be straights for Maria or a dogfight to Venus. But one thing we do know, it will be LOUD and it will feature VERY HARD HITTING.

How long have you been watching Venus? As I said, Venus from 1999-2003 was very consistent in her opening round at slams for the most part. Hell, in those years, she was just plain more consistent.

Dawn Marie
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Venus is 2.

(1)Her opponents in the earlier rounds played good tennis. The russian was hitting some good shots and Morigami is quick and took the ball early.

(2)She was playing on court 2. Noisy and no chance of counter acting stupid lines people. Venus broke Morigami in the second set. I saw that bad call.

(3)Venus is faster and better at net that Maria.

(4)Venus owns the better slam grass record.

(5)This is a whole entire new match. What both players did in their previous round matches has no bearing on this match on Center Court.

venusdemilo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
How long have you been watching Venus? As I said, Venus from 1999-2003 was very consistent in her opening round at slams for the most part. Hell, in those years, she was just plain more consistent.

I've been watching Venus since about 2000, I'm talking about the Venus of now, and lately she's been consistently giving us nailbiters. :)

CORIA01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
Maria Is In Better Form
I Expect Her To Win In 2 Sets

TSequoia01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
How will Vee play Maria? Well it all will come down to how much pressure she feels. Vee felt a boat load of pressure against Akiko. Something tells me she may relax against Sharapova at least until critical situations. If Vee feels little or no prressure she will be hard to handle. Because a relaxed Venus is an aggressive Venus. A pressured Venus is a defensive Venus.

ys
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Venus is 2.

(1)Her opponents in the earlier rounds played good tennis. The russian was hitting some good shots and Morigami is quick and took the ball early.

(2)She was playing on court 2. Noisy and no chance of counter acting stupid lines people. Venus broke Morigami in the second set. I saw that bad call.

(3)Venus is faster and better at net that Maria.

(4)Venus owns the better slam grass record.

(5)This is a whole entire new match. What both players did in their previous round matches has no bearing on this match on Center Court.

As always Dawn Marie makes very little sense with her arguments.. But the irony of it is that with all her assumptions being a very biased fan's rubbish, in essence she probably has the right conclusion..

venus_rulez
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
Venus in 3. Current form doesn't really matter much with Venus, as in the last match we just saw from her, she can turn it on almost at will. All this year, and pretty much since 2004, Venus has shown flashes of brilliance and I'm positive that we'll see it tomorrow for at least a set. The factor that will decide the match is how quickly Venus is able to get it back after she has a lapse in concentration. Even when she was dominating she would go through 2 or 3 games where all of a sudden errors were coming, but she could always pull it back together. She's done it twice now and she'll have to do it again against Sharapova. I feel that Venus HAS to win the first set. She needs the second set to work out the kinks that have been showing up in the last several months in the middle of matches. SHe'll probably come out hot in the 1st take it, then Sharapova will play a little more solidly and Venus will lose a bit of concentration and we'll go to a third. AGain the deciding factor will be Venus. If she serves big and comes to the net, there isn't a way she loses this match, it is all on her.

lecciones
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'll guess Maria in 3. One set will be tight.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:53 PM
Venus 6-3, 6-3.

lets_party!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
its Maria 'can't stop grunting' Shriekapova vs Venus 'grunting is how i frighten opponents' Shriekilliams :o

Maria wins

.Andrew.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
In all honesty, Maria will win in 2.

I'll be rooting for Venus no doubt though.

ilovethewilliams
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
All I want is for Venus to make the final score look respectable. I refuse to vote as Venus is playng so bad right now that it wouldn't suprise me if she lose 1-6,1-6

Rod the Bama
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:21 PM
Maria in 2

shirley
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
It'll be a good match (hopefully). One I'm looking forward too. I say Maria in 3 sets

vwfan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Venus will fight like she did in the match against Davenport. She will not go down easily to Maria--not at Wimbledon--and if like in the Davenport match she grinds it out on the really big points, she wins this one!

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Come on Venus, you can do this. Find that 2005 magic.

Good luck to Maria as well. Whoever comes out of this, please make the final.

Tech1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
Good luck Venus!

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
I'd like to imagine that Venus would win, but she hasn't been playing well this tournament at all. I hope it's a good match, but whomever wins should make the final that's for sure :yeah:

soomaal
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
I hope that Venus takes some inspiration from Serena's match today and play some brilliant tennis against Sharapova. She is more than capable and I think she'll probably have gotten confidence from those three setters.

GO VEE!!!!!!!!!!!

LindsayRulz
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Venus in 3.

GracefulVenus
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:13 PM
Venus was very passive in her post match interview with questions concerning Maria. Kind of odd if you ask me!

Jirku
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
this is the first time i gonna support for sharapova, i hope she let her cry

6-1 6-2

littlemermaid
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Venus was very passive in her post match interview with questions concerning Maria. Kind of odd if you ask me!

Where can i find the interview please?

Zombielicious
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Maria in 2!!
:yeah:

adrovi
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
Maria in 3

s_j
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:50 PM

That's because she knows she has next to no chance against her. I promise I'm not being biased but it's true.

alias
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:54 PM
Maria in 3.

Venus is too erratic.

Mikey B
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
venus will need to do something miraculous to win... at wimbly 05 and with serena at the aussie open they had been playing briliantly so success wasnt such a shock, but based on venus's form at wimbly 07 id be so so so shocked if she won.

plus sharapova has been looking great this past week, the last time they played sharapova was at one of her lowest points and still won, venus's form hasnt really differed from that at miami so i expect maria to win in straight sets...

Derek.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Sharapova, 6-4 6-3.

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
That's because she knows she has next to no chance against her. I promise I'm not being biased but it's true.

:yeah: :tape:

Havok
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
I think Sharapova is going to crush Venus :o.

I hope I'm wrong though, only with the crushing part :p. Hope Sharapova wins no matter what the outcome, but an awesome 3 setter going the distance would own. Oh and please no choking, almost every opponent Venus has faced so far has choked :help:.

Max565
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:09 PM
I think Sharapova will eventually win but I have a feeling that Venus will rise to the occasion and up the ante. :) I want a really, close, high-quality, dramatic match.

Marshmallow
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:10 PM
Form... well that's interesting, because people don't seem to appreciate the quality of opposition. Maria had who? Sugiyama, Bremond and Chan. She was able to over power them, and actually got pushed by the first two. Venus had Kudra..seva, Sromova and Morigami. Rounds one and three were some of the toughest in the whole draw. Both players' games suit grace, compact strokes, good movers. Venus' opposition has been much tougher than Maria's.

Vincey!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Venus 4-6,6-4,9-7:D

:haha:....
Maria 7-5 6-3;)

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Maria by far..................

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
I think Sharapova will make the finals. The mental part of this game is huge.
And right now, only Maria Serena and Justine have it.
Only Federer and Nadal on the mens side.

heytennis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM
Form... well that's interesting, because people don't seem to appreciate the quality of opposition. Maria had who? Sugiyama, Bremond and Chan. She was able to over power them, and actually got pushed by the first two. Venus had Kudra..seva, Sromova and Morigami. Rounds one and three were some of the toughest in the whole draw. Both players' games suit grace, compact strokes, good movers. Venus' opposition has been much tougher than Maria's.

Chan, Bremond and Sugiyama are much harder opponents than what Venus has faced. Chan just won two titles on grass and is moving up the rankings very quickly. Bremond.. quarterfinalist last year and Sugiyama who is a tough veteran who has pushed Maria to 3 sets twice.

Kudrayetseva (sp?) is a tough player but she isn't there mentally yet. Sromova is a nobody and Morigami is a semi-nodoby. Venus' poor play has just made her opponents seem better.

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:22 PM

Exactly, Bremond played dreadful against Sharapova, Latisha is no match for Sharapova, Sugiyama was only ever gonna be a threat, but isin't as good as she once was, and missed lots of opportunities. Kudryavtseva played her best against Venus, much, much better than she did against Sharapova at RG. Had some really big shots and was swinging freely. Sromova was a pushover granted but her game is like nothing else on the tour, very flat, lots of different things. Morigami has a great game for grass and after the 1st set was playing well and the luck was on her side, hitting lots of big shots and i would say, she was in better form than Sugiyama. Sharapova has played nothing at the level of Venus yet, at least Venus has come through her tests

Tennisaddict
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Nobody gave Venus a chance to beat Maria at Wimbledon 2005. Most people are doubting her once again.
I think Venus will beat Maria in three sets. Venus´ form started to set in, in the fourth round in 2005 when she simply demolished Craybas and it can happen tomorrow as well.

kadirelf
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:25 PM
Venus 6-4 6-1

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Chan, Bremond and Sugiyama are much harder opponents than what Venus has faced. Chan just won two titles on grass and is moving up the rankings very quickly. Bremond.. quarterfinalist last year and Sugiyama who is a tough veteran who has pushed Maria to 3 sets twice.

Kudrayetseva (sp?) is a tough player but she isn't there mentally yet. Sromova is a nobody and Morigami is a semi-nodoby. Venus' poor play has just made her opponents seem better.

Bremond played horrific, Sugiyama is past her prime and is not what she used to be and already this year Chan has shown she has no answers to the top players. Her game is way off the top players

Morigami already has beaten players like Safina and Petrova at a slam, Safina the round before, so she was obviously in form :o. Kudryavtseva played the match of her life, although some people acted as though Venus just played the worst match of her career which was not the case. Sromova is crap but Venus trounced her so you can't say anything there. All i can say is Kudryavtseva and Morigami played better than any of Sharapova's opponents did

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Maria.

Zweli
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Lets go Vee!!!!!!!!!!

Stavie
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
oh Venus please :D

Ksenia.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Masha, most likely in 3

thrust
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Somehow, I think Venus will win. I am not convinced that Maria is in her top form either. Could be a fun match, loud for sure-lol!

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Somehow, I think Venus will win. I am not convinced that Maria is in her top form.

Neither is Venus though, but you have to admit they can both step it up a level when it comes to a match like this, so it is going to be a beauty to watch :D

"Topaz"
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Venus in 2, based on psychology, not exactly mental strength.
Venus has a thing for Maria. Put another way, whenever Maria shows up across the net, something is triggered inside Venus that makes her play her game to its fullness. A good part of it is power feeding power and the better defender wins.

heytennis
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
Venus in 2, based on psychology, not exactly mental strength.
Venus has a thing for Maria. Put another way, whenever Maria shows up across the net, something is triggered inside Venus that makes her play her game to its fullness. A good part of it is power feeding power and the better defender wins.

Then why is their H2H so heavily in favour of Maria?

SAEKeithSerena
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
Venus in 3 tough sets

"Topaz"
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM
Then why is their H2H so heavily in favour of Maria?Not on grass, where Venus is 1:0

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
Then why is their H2H so heavily in favour of Maria?

How is 3-1, heavily in favour of?

Slampova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:27 PM
Based on the way Venus has been playing, Maria in two. I mean almost losing in the 1R & 3R isn't a good sign!

Good Luck Maria :D

thelittlestelf
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Venus seriously needs to play every point as though it's match point against her for this to be a good match.

With that said, go Venus! :)

Callystarr
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:37 AM
I think it is going to be 3 sets, just depends on what Williams brings, but we know she is going to have a span of about 5 or 6 games where she is going to be brilliant, don't expect this to be a 2 setter...DEFINATELY 3, just don't know who will win.

gocanadago
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Go Venus!!!!! You can win it!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:43 AM
I feel Maria will win in 2 pretty tight sets. I hope V can atleast take it to 3 sets though :bounce:

Uranium
Jul 3rd, 2007, 01:09 AM
venus will crush that ugly fake model in 3 sets and i can't wait to see venus beat her!!!!

bellascarlett
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:11 AM
Let's go Masha!!! :bounce:

LucasArg
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:13 AM
Venus 4-6 6-2 7-5:worship:

AcesHigh
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:07 AM
Either both will play terribly or both will come out firing. In their first Miami meeting, both played well.. in their meeting at Wimbledon, both played excellently, and at Miami this year, they both played like crap.

IMO,they both feed off each other. Both can really feed off the pace the other gives. If Venus wins, it will be her movement that clinches this one.

Sharapova needs to realize she doesn't need to go for hte lines. Just play consistent and Vee with self-destruct.

Venus needs to just keep her composure. When things stop clicking, her mechanics on her serve(which arent' great to beginwith) suddenly go bezerk, and her form on her forehand crumbles.

selyoink
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:24 AM
Sharapova in two sets.

Pleasantville
Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:40 AM
I believe, after seeing Serena play against Hantuchova, Venus will be more motivated to win. However, I love both of these ladies. Wimbledon organizers definitely suck for arranging them to meet in the fourth round. This is an outrage. I want both of these ladies to go much further in the tournament.

Sharakim
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Maria takes care of Venus in 2 and stays on course for another Wimbledon title.

mankind
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Maria in 2! Woo hoo! You go girrrrl!!!!! luv ya!!!! BEST EVA!!! :kiss:

It's going to be a shit match which ever way you look at it.

Shimizu Amon
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
I think Masha will win this match 6-2, 7-5.
Or the other way around 7-5, 6-2.

Good luck Masha, this match is yours.

Mana
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:09 AM
I think 63 63 to Maria :D But I hope Venus can make it a great match!

Suresh
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
After watching Serena yesterday, Venus will be highly motivated for the win.

Venus in 3 sets!

V-MAC
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
i ain't got a clue. depends on which venus shows up i suppose. if the one that's been showing up most of the year comes, she'll lose cuz pova has picked up her game. she might get a light under her booty since it'll probably be played on centre court.

That pretty much sums it up. I hope Vee can find her best form for today.

aussie_fan
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
maria in 2, it's been a good effort for venus to get to the 4th round.

bandabou
Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Maria's been playing pretty well...whereas Venus has been DOUBLEFAULTING pretty well. Tough matchup.

Wolverines08
Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
I just get the sense that Venus knows when to really step it up. Her 2007 pattern is just so similar to her 2005 patter, not just WImby but the whole year...I'm going to choose Venus but i don't know how many sets.

goldenlox
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:42 PM
Looking at how the results have been going, Maria has a clear run to the final.
Venus hasn't been playing well, Sveta has never been past the QF's here and Ana and Nicole have no grass results.

Things have developed perfectly for Maria.

Viktymise
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
Looking at how the results have been going, Maria has a clear run to the final.
Venus hasn't been playing well, Sveta has never been past the QF's here and Ana and Nicole have no grass results.

Things have developed perfectly for Maria.

Just because players havn't advanced beyond a certain round in pst years doesn't exactly make them an easy opponent, even if Sharapova win this one, Kuznetsova has been playing really well and is due a big win at a slam, Vaidisova is due a breakthrough and can go toe to toe with Sharapova from the back and on serve, as can Ivanovic. Just because Venus hasn't played her best so far doesn't mean she won't step it up for their match

sharapovarulz1
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:50 PM
I hope it isn't a walk in the park for either player and they both put the fight of there lives up giving us one hell of a match to watch!

VishaalMaria
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:50 PM
Venus in two!

Wolverines08
Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
I've already noticed some tactics from the first 3 poitns of the match...they help me further choose my winner.

littlemermaid
Jul 4th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Which tactics are these?

s_j
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:03 AM
I've already noticed some tactics from the first 3 poitns of the match...they help me further choose my winner.

I was there and saw the first 3 points, too.

0-0 - Venus first serve, rally of about 3 shots before Maria hit it out.

15-0 - Maria hit a great return on Venus' second serve. Venus couldn't get it back.

15-15 - Venus hit a forehand in the deep, right corner. Maria hit a defensive forehand slice shot into the net...

30-15 - RAIN

I don't know what tactics you get from those 3 points so early on in the match...

Apoorv
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
venus has to pick up her form considerably to beat pova. she has been spraying balls everywhere.

kadirelf
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:48 AM
go venus good serve please come onnnnnnnnnn

Andy.
Jul 4th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Im sooo nervous this is such a huge match. Good luck Masha

Wolverines08
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I was there and saw the first 3 points, too.

0-0 - Venus first serve, rally of about 3 shots before Maria hit it out.

15-0 - Maria hit a great return on Venus' second serve. Venus couldn't get it back.

15-15 - Venus hit a forehand in the deep, right corner. Maria hit a defensive forehand slice shot into the net...

30-15 - RAIN

I don't know what tactics you get from those 3 points so early on in the match...

Venus hit ONE ball to the Sharapova backhand.

vw.
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:16 PM
UGH at ESPN not showing it live.

nhissan
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM
you can watch the match here
http://channelsurfing.net/

Maria is really struggling with her serve

Cator
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
you can watch the match here
http://channelsurfing.net/

Maria is really struggling with her serve

which one is it?

nhissan
Jul 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM
The 2007 Wimbledon Championships (UK Coverage #1) 7:00AM EST 7/04

This one :)

DemWilliamsGulls
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM
124 of yall better stay out of a casino and away from the lotto...because yall luck has already been crushed...Venus got the first set EASILY..and had 4 break points on Maria's game the second set..I know the match isnt over...but this match isnt as lopsided as many of you thought it would be....beware and don't sleep!

Mikey B
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:10 PM
come on maria!! pull it together!!! this is the worst she's played for a long long time... i dont think she played this bad at the french! i wana see a decent match now! less errors, less DFs, more winners!!! come on maria!

spokenword73
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:26 PM
The 2007 Wimbledon Championships (UK Coverage #1) 7:00AM EST 7/04

This one :)

I can see the match but the stream stops alot. Any advise anyone?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 4th, 2007, 03:58 PM
OH.MY.GOODNESS! :worship: VENUS.FUCKING.WILLIAMS!

Viktymise
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:13 PM
:spit:, and people thought Sharapova would win in straights, Venus :yeah:

WF4EVER
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I simply love going thru threads like this after the fact

Wolverines08
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
HHHHHHAAAAA...I knew what I was talking about!

Infiniti2001
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Nani Nani boo boo :lol:

DA FOREHAND
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:56 PM
way to go VENUS!

DA FOREHAND
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM
way to go VENUS!

kiwifan
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Darn :(, I was hoping to be the only one to pick Venus in 2 :devil:

:wavey:thanks for the rep.

Dawn Marie
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:19 AM
As always Dawn Marie makes very little sense with her arguments.. But the irony of it is that with all her assumptions being a very biased fan's rubbish, in essence she probably has the right conclusion..

My statements were all fact. They made PERFECT sense. I never underestimate the fucking Venus Williams on grass. She moves like a gazelle and Maria is alot slower. Venus has a huge serve and when it is on and it usually is during this tournament then she's tough to beat.

Now go get Kuzzy! If not then I want Kuzzy to win the whole shabang!:worship:

hablo
Jul 5th, 2007, 12:55 AM
I'm so glad I didn't vote on this poll. :lol:

Paneru
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Venus in 2!

Just watch.

out guns blazing.

Bump(Just for you Winter Heat! ;) )

Groenefelder25
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:15 PM
venus 6-1 6-3 LOL oh look i was right :p

DA FOREHAND
Jul 17th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Crows are going to be an endagnered species if they keep getting eaten at this rate!

"I'm Venus Williams...BITCH!!"

lol

vwfan
Jul 17th, 2007, 10:20 PM
I think Sharapova is going to crush Venus :o.

I hope I'm wrong though, only with the crushing part :p. Hope Sharapova wins no matter what the outcome, but an awesome 3 setter going the distance would own. Oh and please no choking, almost every opponent Venus has faced so far has choked :help:.
well, you should be happy. she didn't choke!:angel:

Infiniti2001
Jul 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Venus in 2!

Just watch.

out guns blazing.

:worship: :worship: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :hearts: :lol:

hdfb
Jul 17th, 2007, 11:24 PM
I'm so glad I didn't vote on this poll. :lol:

:lol: same

Chance
Jul 18th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Bump(Just for you Winter Heat! ;) )

:worship:

MastaTyrant74
Jul 22nd, 2007, 12:31 AM
Of Course The Pova Fans Go And Hibernate After Talking All The Crap. Maria Talked Some Crap 2, Saying That She'd Be Ready For Venus This Time And Unlike 05 Venus' Power Wouldn't Be A Threat. Venus' Power Is Always A Threat. Im Glad Venus Shut Her Up, Even If The Tourny Is Way Over. This Match Was Even Easier Than The 05 Wimbledon Match.

Marshmallow
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:27 AM

I just couldn't resist since this thread was dug up. I wish more people would listen to my insightful sayings :tape: Majority of people had Sharapova down for an easy win, yet as I for-saw, Venus' tougher opposition early on helped her out. Venus LATER said this also. But of course i was not alone... a round of applause please to those who believed in Venus. LenaVee, Paneru amongst others :lol: :worship:

Marshmallow
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:33 AM
Maria takes care of Venus in 2 and stays on course for another Wimbledon title.

:spit: D-E-L-U-D-E-D Typical fan.

Marshmallow
Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:36 AM

No words. :D

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Venus in 2!

Just watch.

out guns blazing.

What a great prediction :devil: :devil: LOL....I can't believe I didn't vote on this...oh yea I was at work :fiery:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:21 AM
going through this it's amazing how many people wrote Venus off...even fans :tape: I always thought she would win this match just like 05...if a hot MaSha got beaten 7-6 6-1 by Venus after coming off a 3rd rd RG exit and in no form to do anything bla bla bla then you could surely bet your last dollar that she would be beaten again....this just goes to show....when Venus is on she trumps everyone (except Serena :angel: )