PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova vs. Venus Williams again!

nflatte
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, love it. This match is going to be so orgasmic!

spokenword73
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
when do they play?

s_j
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
They'll play tomorrow - hopefully on Centre Court where I have tickets! :)

vw.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
I'm 100% sure this will be on Centre Court.

littlemermaid
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:10 PM

Your so lucky! Take picture's of masha! :)

morningglory
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm 100% sure this will be on Centre Court.

Ditto but if they put some men's match on CC instead... :help: :fiery:

Poova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:13 PM
It will definitely be on Centre Court. I mean, two former Wimbledon champions playing so early in the tournament. ;) :hearts:

CORIA01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:14 PM
MARIA is better at the moment
She will win in 2

Donatello
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Masha will have a walkover, anyone seen her serving ?, 1st serve percentasge is like 80% troughout the tournament so far.

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
Well based on current form, you have to give the edge to Sharapova obviously.

But you would have to be the biggest idiot (or secretely be in fear that Venus will beat Masha! :devil: ) to dismiss Venus!

Larrybidd
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:31 PM
The good thing is Venus can just relax and play. The pressure is all on Masha. Afterward, they may just be wondering how the hell she lost to an "off form" Venus, just like they wondered how she lost to an "out of shape" Serena in January. It'll be fun, if it stops raining.

Foxy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:33 PM
First of all Donatello,

Maria will not have a cake walk. These 2 three setters have really been good for Venus because she's had to dig deep and fight. Venus had gotten into a slump and would not gut out the 3 setters, but she's digging deep and fighting back.
That's the old Venus who use to battle it out when she was on the roaps.

MJF was all down on Venus, but Luke Jensen had to say that the wind was so bad on all the courts and all the players was struggling with their serves just like Venus was because the wind was blowing the balls all over the place and they were double faulting too.

And they purposely put Venus on that bad court hoping she would lose.

Like BJK states, when you have to battle you get more determined with each round not to go down. And when Venus walks onto Center Court with Maria watch, she's gonna be a different player because she's the only one who's had to fight to the end.

That's what happened to Serena at the AO this year. Serena did not win her matches easily. Serena battled with every round and that made her determined to win. Serena was going the distance too.

Maria was hoping Venus lost because she knows that when a true champion has to put her war paint on and battle to the end, that's sometimes what they need.

Venus is in this tournament just like the rest of them because she too has made it to the next round. All of them are in the 4th round right along with Venus.

I watch these players who will fight Venus to the end, then turn right around and lose to a lesser player in the following round. And they do that because they too are listening to the commentators say how to exploit Venus forehand.

How many times do you here them say what to exploit when the other players are in a match. It's only Venus they talk about.

lets_party!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:36 PM
you named it wrong..

its Maria 'can't stop grunting' Shriekapova vs Venus 'grunting is how i frighten opponents' Shriekilliams :o

Kunal
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
the decibel level is gonna be insane

lets_party!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
pova wins i think..