PDA

View Full Version : And people bag Sharapova’s grunting…

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:57 AM
Venus’ grunting is a DISGRACE!

Donny
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:04 PM
Both are annoying, imo.

However, Venus is consistent. Sharapova starts and stops, changes frequency, etc. And she miraculously stops when she's losing badly (see: AO final, Miami final).

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Both are annoying, imo.

However, Venus is consistent. Sharapova starts and stops, changes frequency, etc. And she miraculously stops when she's losing badly (see: AO final, Miami final).
But seriously this is disgraceful from Venus. Grunts THAT loud are just completely unnecessary.

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:06 PM
As bad as they both are, Venus's is understandable at the moment.

Sharapova does it winning 60 20, which was the point people were making the other day :o

Kunal
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
tired of it

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Deal with it :yawn:

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
Deal with it :yawn:
:wavey: Get lost.

treufreund
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
Muzzle her. It is ridiculous

mandy7

:wavey: Get hit by an 18 wheeler.

mdterp01
Yeah it is annoying. And when she's grunting like that...you know she's under pressure.

Demska
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
Her serves are just diabolical.

I think Morigami should do something about it. There is no need for it.

goldenlox
When Williams plays Sharapova, it's mute time.

lets_party!
she is seriouly so annoying...
shes is down and frightning Akiko with her terrible grunts..

this is so rude and bad..

Dan23
Theres no doubt its louder than Maria ever is but life goes on :p

lets_party!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:15 PM
When Williams plays Sharapova, it's mute time.

that match :timebomb::scared:

exodus'05
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
who cares

what's really important is that akiko is looking sooo cute in her outfit with nailpolish to match :hug:

doddel
absolutely out of order

this has nothing to do with tennis anymore

cindy
lol...this thread is funny!

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
:wavey: Get hit by an 18 wheeler.
:lol: Mandz your such a tool.

nflatte
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:20 PM

Sharapova does it winning 60 20, which was the point people were making the other day :o

Totally agree!

dorkgirl
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:21 PM
The only ones that can do anything about it are the other players. If the screeching bothers them, they have to start making an issue of it with the umpires. Until then, it'll just go on. But if the players aren't doing so, then it's their own fault.

lets_party!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:22 PM
well guys if you want to know the meaning of nonsense its Venus :o

i know she is applying power but everything is going as an error...
so if no winners than why that unbearable noise :mad:

Dan23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:27 PM

So when you grunt should be dependent on the score?

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:31 PM

Exactly.

The grunt should have nothing to do with the score. For me it's more understandable for Sharapova to be grunting 6-0, 2-0 because that indicates that she grunts all the time.

Venus (and Serena part of the time too) only grunts when she's losing. Her grunt gets louder, more frequent as she begins to lose. A bunch of hypocritical Venus fans that pick on Sharapova :rolleyes:

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:31 PM

That's not what i'm saying.

Players are going to grunt, nothing we can do about that.

What I am saying is that, if someone is involved in a fight at 5 all final set or whatever, then the grunts are more likely to be louder, due to the extra effort.

If someone is creaming an opponent, the grunts aren't necessary

mandy7
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM

of course not
it should depend on how much effort striking the ball costs

but seriously, all grunters need to zip it
a little grunt is cute and all
but when it sounds like tarzan the musical is in town, ya know it's going too far

blumaroo
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Who cares.
The only grunt that is ridiculous is Larcher de Brito's.

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Get over it. Lucie Safarova sounds like some stupid owl dog getting kicked.

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
And I don't wanna hear shit from the Sharapova fans. :rolleyes:

VRee_Willario
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:34 PM
Go Venus!!!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
Venus doesnt need to yell that loud!! Even when she hit a volley she would do it! I dont mind grunting but this is ridiculous!

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
But seriously this is disgraceful from Venus. Grunts THAT loud are just completely unnecessary.

Are you freaking serious?! You are either the biggest idiot here or you're extremely biased to say that Venus' grunting is worse than Sharapova's SCREAMING!

Andy.
Grunting is awesome, power to the grunters or shrieker for that matter

Dan23
That's not what i'm saying.

Players are going to grunt, nothing we can do about that.

What I am saying is that, if someone is involved in a fight at 5 all final set or whatever, then the grunts are more likely to be louder, due to the extra effort.

If someone is creaming an opponent, the grunts aren't necessary
You're still saying that if the score is well in your favour then you shouldnt grunt....but if its tight then its ok. Wheres the consistancy in that? When a player grunts consistantly when putting in effort to play well regardless of the score then theres hardly a problem.

Viktymise
Ok this thread is a few years too late, seriously, we all know Venus, Sharapova etc all grunt loud and we have for years, most of the tour grunts, if Morigami was distracted she could ask the umpire about it but she didn't.

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:38 PM
Are you freaking serious?! You are either the biggest idiot here or you're extremely biased to say that Venus' grunting is worse than Sharapova's SCREAMING!

Were you listening to Venus that last match!? Talk about bias. Venus was beyond screaming at the end of that match, and it was on every shot, even when she was just blocking volleys into the open court.

:rolleyes:

nikita771
IMO, Venus' grunts are not nearly as loud as Sharapova's grunts. Sharapova's is a habit that she developed to get inside her opponent's head. Venus' are because she's digging deep and trying to make something happen.

junlee_vee
she is seriouly so annoying...
shes is down and frightning Akiko with her terrible grunts..

this is so rude and bad..

Talk about a disgrace...

And you have Venus is your signature:o

GoDominique
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Venus' grunting/screaming/screeching has gotten louder and louder in recent times and now it's just obscene.
I'm pretty sure right now Venus is louder than Seles or Sharapova or anyone else has ever been.

Of course, anyone who dares to criticise this ridiculous noisemaking will be labeled a hater by the rabid Williams fans.

junlee_vee
Were you listening to Venus that last match!? Talk about bias. Venus was beyond screaming at the end of that match, and it was on every shot, even when she was just blocking volleys into the open court.

:rolleyes:

Talk about bias? Any Sharapova fan (or not) can't possible bitch about any grunting ANYBODY does!

Please!

Dan23
Are you freaking serious?! You are either the biggest idiot here or you're extremely biased to say that Venus' grunting is worse than Sharapova's SCREAMING!Umm....Venus 'screams' too if you want to call Maria for that.

John.
You're still saying that if the score is well in your favour then you shouldnt grunt....but if its tight then its ok. Wheres the consistancy in that? When a player grunts consistantly when putting in effort to play well regardless of the score then theres hardly a problem.

I have never once said it's OK to grunt in any situation, just that it's more understandable

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
People are just mad that Venus won.You are going to have to get over it :shrug: .

Monaco 84
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
I hate them both :mad: Sharapova and Williams animal grunting :help:

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:41 PM
I hate them both :mad: Sharapova and Williams animal grunting :help:

Then you should LOVE their next match! :lol:

John.
The amount of threads started about grunting is just :tape:

It always ends up a fight between Masha and Williams Fans.

kabuki
We'll settle this on court tomorrow kids. Simmer down.

Bijoux0021
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Talk about bias? Any Sharapova fan (or not) can't possible bitch about any grunting ANYBODY does!

Please!
EXACTLY!

vw.
They both scream like mad. End of story.

If anyone's fighting about this, it shouldn't be the Maria vs. Venus fans.

twight6

Please!

The same can be said of you. You want to sit there and bitch about Sharapova "screaming" and distracting the players when you clearly did not just hear Venus or did not pay attention to it. What Venus did in the end of the 3rd set was exactly what Sharapova does, and yet you're oblivious to it.

I'm not for either player grunting. They both scream and it's really not necessary. I'm also not saying either of them do it to distract their opponent, I'm just saying that it's getting a little extreme.

Langers
:fiery:

merda2004
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM

it is!!!
she was much loader than maria!!!
i am guessing it was one of the reasons that Akiko Morigami stopped playing as well as she did. it distract u from playing well.
at to be honest if i was playing against venus i would have complained. not that it would made any difference but just to upset her!!!

V-MAC
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
I love grunting - bring on the Maria/Venus gruntfest :drool:

Donny
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Sharapova is definitely louder, volume wise. Venus' shrieks last louder, while Sharapova's are shorter. Sharapova's are still more unlikeable, because it really sounds like she's screaming.

acetoace

STFU hater!!!

Mrs. Peel
But the consesnsus from all of Sharapova's Fans and Williams Fan haters was that grunting is just FINE and we should all get over it. You should get over it too!:rolleyes: STFU

twight6
They both scream like mad. End of story.

If anyone's fighting about this, it shouldn't be the Maria vs. Venus fans.

That's exactly how I'll feel.

They both scream, they both "grunt" louder when the match gets close, and I don't feel either of them do it to distract their opponent. They being said, I think it's getting too loud and it should be quieted. But hey, if Akiko is okay with it, so am I.

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:45 PM
Akiko Morigami has got a tongue and mouth so she can complain to the umpire. But she didn't which means it didn't bother her. Also, if Venus' grunts were too much then the umpire would have said something himself. But did any of these things happen? NO! It seems to me that you guys are disappointed that there wasn't an upset [i.e. that Morigami didn't win] so you're hiding behind the subject of Venus' grunting to vent your anger. Sad. To say the least.

Tell me, why wasn't there an uproar when Morigami was leading 4-1 in the second? Venus was grunting just as loudly in the second as she was in the third. LIke I said, you just wanted her to lose but was disappointed when she won.

supergrunt
it is!!!
she was much loader than maria!!!
i am guessing it was one of the reasons that Akiko Morigami stopped playing as well as she did. it distract u from playing well.
at to be honest if i was playing against venus i would have complained. not that it would made any difference but just to upset her!!!

If you truly and honestly believe that I pity you.Akiko could have complained and she didn't.

Langers
IMO, Venus' grunts are not nearly as loud as Sharapova's grunts. Sharapova's is a habit that she developed to get inside her opponent's head. Venus' are because she's digging deep and trying to make something happen.
Did you see this game? It was out of control, the commentators gasped after some of them.

Thanx4nothin
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't have said it was as loud as maria.

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ you all forgetting that Venus could actually be quiet and these posters would still have a problem with Venus.

Nothing is more empowering than a woman who asserts herself.

Ya'll are just mad that she won.:)

Dan23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
IMO, Venus' grunts are not nearly as loud as Sharapova's grunts. Sharapova's is a habit that she developed to get inside her opponent's head. Venus' are because she's digging deep and trying to make something happen.You cant make statements like that....please prove that to us.

Venus today was the loudest I have ever heard and I have been watching Maria play for 5 years...not that I have a problem with it but that rubbish about Maria doing it as a tactic is absurd when you defend Venus and others for the same thing.

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
Did you see this game? It was out of control, the commentators gasped after some of them.

The only gasping I heard was when AFTER Venus hit yet another unforced error. Not after the grunting.

mandy7
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
can't you ppl just all grab a pillow
and fight over it
last one standing with his/her pillow in tact
will win":D

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
You cant make statements like that....please prove that to us.

Venus today was the loudest I have ever heard and I have been watching Maria play for 5 years...not that I have a problem with it but that rubbish about Maria doing it as a tactic is absurd when you defend Venus and others for the same thing.

Aren't you a little biased?The loudest you have ever heard?I think that is an over exaggeration.

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:49 PM
can't you ppl just all grab a pillow
and fight over it
last one standing with his/her pillow in tact
will win":D

:)

littlemermaid
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:50 PM
Agree witht the above post. It was awful the grunting from Venus, i mean it wasn't even grunting was it! And the grunts were always on and off, depending on what state venus was in the rally. Sharapova is somtimes too loud but her grunting has become less loud in the last year e.g. compare her now to australian open 2005. But i must admitt grunting makes matches more enjoyable because it creates tension!

cellophane
Not as loud as Wimby '05 SF. :shrug:

Andrew Laeddis
Akiko Morigami has got a tongue and mouth so she can complain to the umpire. But she didn't which means it didn't bother her. Also, if Venus' grunts were too much then the umpire would have said something himself. But did any of these things happen? NO! It seems to me that you guys are disappointed that there wasn't an upset [i.e. that Morigami didn't win] so you're hiding behind the subject of Venus' grunting to vent your anger. Sad. To say the least.

Tell me, why wasn't there an uproar when Morigami was leading 4-1 in the second? Venus was grunting just as loudly in the second as she was in the third. LIke I said, you just wanted her to lose but was disappointed when she won.

exactly. unfortunately for them taling about venus in this thread wont change that the fact the venus won which isnt a suprise. she doesnt have to do anything special to beat Morigami . she just has to stop spraying the ball 80 percent of the time. and httiing 14 dfs.

Dan23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
Aren't you a little biased?The loudest you have ever heard?I think that is an over exaggeration.
No...ill admit Maria is loud...with her loudest ever being at Wimby 2003. Maybe its my stereo system playing up :p but that match today was as loud as I can remember.

Poova
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:51 PM
I love the grunting :hearts: I think it shows just how much Venus was really going for it. Can't wait for Venus and Sharapova and the battle of the grunts. :lol:

Princeza
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
:woohoo: the best grunters in the same match
What else could we dream for?

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:52 PM
The same can be said of you. You want to sit there and bitch about Sharapova "screaming" and distracting the players when you clearly did not just hear Venus or did not pay attention to it. What Venus did in the end of the 3rd set was exactly what Sharapova does, and yet you're oblivious to it.

I'm not for either player grunting. They both scream and it's really not necessary. I'm also not saying either of them do it to distract their opponent, I'm just saying that it's getting a little extreme.

Ahh I just LOVE it when people put words in my mouth. Never did I say that her screaming distracts players, and obviously Venus was shreiking towards the end of that match, but I honestly wasn't too into the screaming as I was with Venus winning.

As you can imagine.:wavey:

Fedcup
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't have said it was as loud as maria.

Sorry, i'm neither a Sharapova neither a williams fan but louder as Venus did today you won't hear.
It was really a disgrace for women tennis. She dimmed the sound when she was back in the lead 6-5.

I had respect for Venus but today I lost it. Cause imo she abused it.
From Sharapova you're used to that sound. As a player you can adept to this.
But what Venus did today in this third set :confused:

CORIA01
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:54 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Sorry, i'm neither a Sharapova neither a williams fan but louder as Venus did today you won't hear.
It was really a disgrace for women tennis. She dimmed the sound when she was back in the lead 6-5.

But what Venus did today in this third set :confused::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious!!!!!

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:57 PM

OTT! If you lost respect because of that, then I imagine you don't respect many WTA players because most of have said and done things that have been alot worse. :rolleyes:

Dan23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
People need to either:
a) take a dim view against all players that grunt/shriek/scream
or
b) accept that some players grunt and move on with life

whats good for one is good for all

supergrunt
Venus is so pathetic.She only has 5 Grand Slams because she gunts. She harrassed poor Akiko who was so clearly flustered by the grunts.She went and complained to the umpire but he didn't listen to her. Venus is a disgrace to society.

:p !

Pureracket
OTT! If you lost respect because of that, then I imagine you don't respect many WTA players because most of have said and done things that have been alot worse. :rolleyes:You're seriously following up behind that drama?:lol:

This is a tennis match - not a figure skating competition. She can scream as loudly as she wants.;)

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM

Well you've just taken it to a whole other level of stupid haven't you?

I never knew!

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
People need to either:
a) take a dim view against all players that grunt/shriek/scream
or
b) accept that some players grunt and move on with life

whats good for one is good for all

Exactly. I don't mind grunting but if the player that is getting distracted, complains to the umpire then fair enough....... something should be done. But this didn't happen. Morigami was in fact smiling in the last few games when Venus' grunting went "over-board".

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM
omg and Akiko smiled at Venus and Venus didn't smile back!!!

B*TCH!!!!1111111

OMG! REALLY!>???!??!/ That deserves a new thread man!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas at once! I cant wait to dog on Venus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
So some people actually think shew used it as a tactic and it was gamesmanship :tape:

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
So some people actually think shew used it as a tactic and it was gamesmanship :tape:

:lol: :lol:

I think you've just given them some Ammo!

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yeah, Venus used it as a tactic. LOL! Nice.

GoDominique
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
She can scream as loudly as she wants.;)
Says who? She's not allowed to distract her opponent and/or put specators' hearing at risk.
Akiko didn't complain, but I think she should have.
Anyway, if you really think Venus' grunts are tolerable then you are beyond hope.

VishaalMaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Says who? She's not allowed to distract her opponent and/or put specators' hearing at risk.Akiko didn't complain, but I think she should have.Anyway, if you really think Venus' grunts are tolerable then you are beyond hope.

We weren't on the court experiencing Venus' grunts! We weren't playing Venus.....Akiko was and she didn't complain. It doesn't matter if you think it was intolerable because it doesn't matter what you think, you weren't on the court playing Venus.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM

Something more to add? :inlove:

Ok :tape:

Venus has always been one of the loudest, it's nothing new. Get over it. As long as her opponents don't complain, we shouldn't either. And if someone still has problems with loud grunts don't watch Venus' or Maria's matches. Period.

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
We weren't on the court experiencing Venus' grunts! We weren't playing Venus.....Akiko was and she didn't complain. It doesn't matter if you think it was intolerable because it doesn't matter what you think, you weren't on the court playing Venus.
Zadent,
GoDum is German.....

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:11 PM
Something more to add? :inlove:

Ok :tape:

Venus has always been one of the loudest, it's nothing new. Get over it. As long as her opponents don't complain, we shouldn't either. And if someone still has problems with loud grunts don't watch Venus' or Maria's matches. Period.
Get stuffed, why should we? It's a disgrace.

RunDown
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:12 PM
omg and Akiko smiled at Venus and Venus didn't smile back!!!

B*TCH!!!!1111111

and omg I like totally caught Oracene using her watch to shine light into Akiko's eyes when she was serving for the match.
What a disgraceful bunch of cheaters. I demand that Wimbledon undergo a formal investigation for Venus' non-smiling and Oracene's watch smiling.
And on top of that I saw Serena slam in to Hantuchova in the changeover and then she just started punching her in the face.:eek:
ughhh how do these WS get away with this?!?! I demand Larry Scott intervene in this horrible behavior.

:lol:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:13 PM

Call it as you want. Like I said, don't watch her or turn off the sound.

Infiniti2001
How long has Venus been on the tour again?? :rolleyes:

pigam
Ok, I really really like Venus. but today was simply outrageous. I'm sorry.
However, I do feel that Morigami had any right to complain, and if it bothered her, she should have. This goes for every opponent of Venus, Maria, ...
Venus was totally out of control you could simply not hear the ball coming off her racket etc. ...
But again, it's Morigami responsibility, or the chair umpire's.

VishaalMaria

Because you don't like the grunting...so build a bridge.

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Says who? She's not allowed to distract her opponent and/or put specators' hearing at risk.Akiko didn't complain, but I think she should have.
Anyway, if you really think Venus' grunts are tolerable then you are beyond hope.

So...are you saying that Venus does indeed use her grunting to distract players and/or put the spectator's hearing at risk?

Just checking ya know...to see if that's what you're really saying...

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:14 PM
Too long. Give it away gramps.

pigam
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM

You gotta admit that today was something else.
i have never heard anyone scream this loud nor this bizarre, and completely go silent again. It was much worse than even Maria-Venus wimbledon 2005.

But again, I feel like aslong as no opponent complains Venus is "allowed" to do it, so :shrug:

nikita771

Yep...I watched it. I'm now watching the replay of Sharapova's match and I stand behind what I said. IMO, Sharapova's grunts are louder than Venus' and are more contrived. Notice, I said IMO - not anyone else's.

ZeroSOFInfinity
THE "WHO'S GRUNT WAS THE WORST ONE" COMPETITION

VENUS WILLIAMS -v.s- MARIA SHARAPOVA

VENUS WILLAIMS....
Decibles
:speakles: :speakles:

Scare Factor
:scared: :scared: :scared:

Sexyness
---------

Necessity
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Annoyance
:tape: :tape:

MARIA SHARAPOVA....
Decibles
:speakles: :speakles: :speakles:

Scare Factor
:scared: :scared:

Sexyness
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Necessity
----------

Annoyance
:tape: :tape:

And the winner of this contest is.... whoever you think it is. (Both are equally bad).

littlemermaid
Sharapova grunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNmVWpp0H7o

Venus grunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufLXuXzCcmc&mode=related&search=

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Ya'll are going to keep on baiting Langers, and soon enough one of his hateful tirades against Venus will come out - full blast. Get your comments in now before this thread gets closed.

Infiniti2001
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Too long. Give it away gramps.

Oh I know you will get over it :rolls:

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Sharapova grunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNmVWpp0H7o
Venus grunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufLXuXzCcmc&mode=related&search=

:lol: at Hingis!

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
It's amazing that people have NEVER whined about Venus' grunts before this. Amazing.

GoDominique
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
It's amazing that people have NEVER whined about Venus' grunts before this. Amazing.
People have done it. Me for example at RG.

And in case you didn't notice, it's getting worse and worse.

rockstar
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
venus' shrieks at the last few games were totally uncalled for :rolleyes:

SV_Fan
Sharapova's would get louder then smaller louder then smaller in her 3rd round match.

John.
Watching Dementieva and Paszek just now, and I must say that Lena's grunts are just as bad as anyone's

Fedcup
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:34 PM

Cause she never screamed as loud as she did today...
Suddenly it dissapeared when she was back in the lead...strange...or was it the tension that made her scream such loud?

From Venus it never bothered me untill today...seems unfair to play a match against it...WTA has to do something about the screaming on the tour...

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
People have done it. Me for example at RG.

And in case you didn't notice, it's getting worse and worse.

Venus keeps on grunting, you keep on whining, what a wonderful relationship :lol:

pigam
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
people, is it so hard to admit that the last few games from Venus was unlike what we've ever seen from her?
Iv'e seen a lot of matches from her, and these last few games were really out of line, and totally off putting for the opponent, if you ask me. it was outrageous.

Langers
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:43 PM
Watching Dementieva and Paszek just now, and I must say that Lena's grunts are just as bad as anyone's
You cannot be serious? :lol:

doujyr
maybe when they play each other it will be SO BAD that the wta takes action

Pureracket
Yeah, it really was. What I'm going to do is stop posting about Venus altogether on this board and turning the television whenever she comes on. That'll show her and her rude fans.

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
people, is it so hard to admit that the last few games from Venus was unlike what we've ever seen from her?
Iv'e seen a lot of matches from her, and these last few games were really out of line, and totally off putting for the opponent, if you ask me. it was outrageous.

As I've explained to another non-fan, I wasn't really concentrating on how loud Venus was getting, I strictly focused on her keeping the ball in play and winning points! It was quite tense for me, and I'm sure it was for any other fan of Venus.

And it's funny, everybody is saying how it was "distracting" and "off putting" to the opponent...but the opponent herself!

John.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
You cannot be serious? :lol:

Totally serious

pigam
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:47 PM
As I've explained to another non-fan, I wasn't really concentrating on how loud Venus was getting, I strictly focused on her keeping the ball in play and winning points! It was quite tense for me, and I'm sure it was for any other fan of Venus.

This I can perfectly understand! ;) :yeah: good fan :p

All I (personnaly) am saying is that this is the frist time I thought when watching Venus. If I were her opponent, or if I were the chair umpire, I would give her a warning or ask for a warning because it was insane.
So, I felt like it was Morigame's or the chair's responsability.
I don't think venus did it on purpouse, but that does (for me) not exclude the possibility of her getting a warning for it, in this particular case.

BrandClay
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Whateva Haters! Always trying to kick them down huh? lol What a joke!

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:50 PM
You wouldn't complain if it was Ivanovic grunting.
You'd be like "WOW THAT'S SO FUCKING HOT!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:"
:o

BrandClay
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it really was. What I'm going to do is stop posting about Venus altogether on this board and turning the television whenever she comes on. That'll show her and her rude fans.

Yea that will show her! Get a life...it's just grunting. Doesn't bother me one bit on the court.

Paneru
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:53 PM
Whateva Haters! Always trying to kick them down huh? lol What a joke!

Langers is a Venus obsessed troll!
So, it's his/her usual bull.

As someone else said, deal with it Langers! :kiss:

Freakan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
Why do some WS fans call everyone who says something that is not positive about sisters a hater?:o

hdfb
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:10 PM
I remember Venus grunting that loud even when she was hitting volleys and dropshots. I just don't understand that.

BrandClay
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Why do some WS fans call everyone who says something that is not positive about sisters a hater?:o

Because it's always something..Freakan!

Pureracket
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
Why do some non-WS fans point to the responses of the WS fans instead of looking @ the fact that everything the WS do gets attention?

matty
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:27 PM
I think Sharapova was a little bit louder in those YouTube vids...

nhissan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
Both are annoying, imo.

:spit:

WF4EVER
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Oh, please. Sharapova shrieks!

Not only does she shriek, her ear-piercing shrieks occur every single time she touches the ball.

You hear this kind of grunting from Venus only when she's being pushed or is pushing herself. Not every single time she touches the ball.

WF4EVER
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:42 PM

I'm a Williams fan, and a Venus fan in particular and I find your point to be well made.

Some people can be so ignorant; they think any criticism is hating.

sweetpeas
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
But what Venus did today in this third set

supergrunt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Oh, so its ok when Sharapova grunts loud but when Venus does it its not ok? I don't get it...

Sleepwalker64
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Imagine what is it like to be with both of them in bed? Sweet Lord.... and you probably won't be annoyed, or maybe you would down there...

Tennisaddict
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:17 PM
At least Venus does it with good reason she was very down in the match.
For all you whiners who just can´t stand it, it´s not forbidden so stuff it.
Oh, and enjoy the next match who will feature the two biggest screamers :lol:

drake3781
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:40 PM
I can't believe WTA let it get this bad. It is insane.

clementine
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
Serena's grunting is worse.

DefyingGravity
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Theres no doubt its louder than Maria ever is but life goes on

Oh please! Remember the Australian Open 2005. Semifinal, Maria Sharapova vs. Serena Williams, third set, 5-4, Sharapova. She's literally screaming so loud that I muted the t.v. I can handle Sharapova, Seles, and the Williams sisters, but that moment in the match, she was louder than anyone could ever been in their life! It made me cringe. Venus hasn't gotten that loud to the point of muting it. If Akiko was really bothered by it, she would complain to the umpire and ask Venus to stop. Venus would, she really would stop if Morigami asked her to.

Plus, Sharapova's shrieks are on every single shot! Have you not heard her shriek on a drop shot? Sharapova vs. Sugiyama was annoying. Two years ago, Wimbledon semi-final Venus vs. Maria, Maria was consistantly louder, and didn't even start off grunting at all. You cannot say that Sharapova is quieter than Venus

twight6
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Oh please! Remember the Australian Open 2005. Semifinal, Maria Sharapova vs. Serena Williams, third set, 5-4, Sharapova. She's literally screaming so loud that I muted the t.v. I can handle Sharapova, Seles, and the Williams sisters, but that moment in the match, she was louder than anyone could ever been in their life! It made me cringe. Venus hasn't gotten that loud to the point of muting it. If Akiko was really bothered by it, she would complain to the umpire and ask Venus to stop. Venus would, she really would stop if Morigami asked her to.

Plus, Sharapova's shrieks are on every single shot! Have you not heard her shriek on a drop shot? Sharapova vs. Sugiyama was annoying. Two years ago, Wimbledon semi-final Venus vs. Maria, Maria was consistantly louder, and didn't even start off grunting at all. You cannot say that Sharapova is quieter than Venus

hmmm... :scratch:

FakeRussian
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM

Venus grunting is equally bad as Whorapova grunting. But Langer: you're worse than everything, the yellow mucus in my asshole.

SunriseSunset
Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
Venus and Serena are my girls, but after not seeing Venus play since...whenever, probably since she won Wimbledon 05, I was shocked at how loud she is. Pova is just as loud. I don't mind the men's grunts, but the women's is so high pitched it hurts.

DefyingGravity
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM

hmmm... :scratch:

Yeah, you didn't even read that, did you? Oh well. To his or her own, I guess. Though, I have evidence to back my claims up with comparison with Venus and Maria in their matches. Look them up on You Tube, and Maria is distinctively louder.

littlemermaid
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:46 PM

But i do. Sharapova was only loud in that semi because they had been playing for over two hours, it was hot and an extremly tough match. Sharapova grunts consistantly, whilst Venus is on and off depending how well she is doing. If she is doing baddly she starsts screaming, but with maria it's all the time. It dosn't matter though. I like the grunting it makes the match far more intresting somtimes, to hear the crowd's reaction and so on. I'm not to botherd though at either venus o'r maria's grunts to be honest. They are both super talanted and at the end of the day that's all tha matters.

Viktymise
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
Venus was much louder in the 2nd set tiebreak against Pierce at Wimbledon 05, people obviously havn't seen too many Venus matches if they think today was the loudest she's ever been

Max565
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:51 PM
I'm so used to it now...

Corswandt
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Venus' grunting/screaming/screeching has gotten louder and louder in recent times and now it's just obscene.
I'm pretty sure right now Venus is louder than Seles or Sharapova or anyone else has ever been.

Of course, anyone who dares to criticise this ridiculous noisemaking will be labeled a hater by the rabid Williams fans.

Which sums up the issue.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Venus grunting is equally bad as Whorapova grunting. But Langer: you're worse than everything, the yellow mucus in my asshole.

Oh yeah mature :rolleyes: wonder who will win the screaming match tomorrow?

alexia1huff
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
i wonder when will the women on wheel carts start to grunt... ;)

edificio
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Both Sharapova and Venus have horrible shrieking grunts. When they last played at Wimbledon, earplugs were de rigeur.