PDA

View Full Version : Will there be ANY coverage of the matches starting at 5 AM (here in the US)?

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:25 AM
Coverage as in TV or online? Does anybody know?

I know "Wake Up To Wimbledon" starts at 6 over here, but what about the matches that start at 5?

tenn_ace
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:28 AM
watch them online at Wimbledon.org

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah...I guess I could get a day pass and watch them.

tenn_ace
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:33 AM
I don't think ESPN contractually allowed to show matches before 8am est

Bruno71
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:34 AM
Maybe there's some coverage at www.channelsurfing.net? I haven't checked as I bought the Wimby Live package.

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:39 AM
I thought matches started at 6 a.m. EST? :confused:

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:41 AM
They do.

I wonder if this site will be showing anything...

http://www.myp2p.eu/Other.htm

Bruno71
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:42 AM
I thought matches started at 6 a.m. EST? :confused:

They do.

trufanjay
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:42 AM
It looks like there won't be any coverage for Americans between 6:00am and 7:00am EST except for wimbledon live. ESPN will most likely show the conclusion of the Venus match first and then live tennis after. I don't think any television station is prepared to cancel an hour of programming to make space for early Wimbledon matches.

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:48 AM
They do.

Then I don't understand the stuff about 5 AM in the first post. :confused:

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:54 AM
Because 6 am EST is 5 am where I live! :)

Bruno71
Then I don't understand the stuff about 5 AM in the first post. :confused:

Central Time Zone I guess?

junlee_vee
Oh well...I might just have to get a day pass...maybe...

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:55 AM
Central Time Zone I guess?

Yup!;)

cellophane
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
Because 6 am EST is 5 am where I live! :)

Oh, 'k.

Bruno71
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:57 AM
I just hope they start on time and the rain interruptions are minimal...yeah right. I couldn't even stay up long enough to watch the start of the Saturday matches :(

trufanjay
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:57 AM
I always wondered why most people always refer to EST time when they mention any American timezone. At least that's how it seems to me. Any thoughts?

Bruno71
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:02 AM
I always wondered why most people always refer to EST time when they mention any American timezone. At least that's how it seems to me. Any thoughts?

The time zone system was adopted in the late 1800's and early 1900's, when the U.S. population was more heavily skewed towards the east coast. I'd think the east coast still has more people, but the west and central areas are catching up.

trufanjay
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:07 AM
The time zone system was adopted in the late 1800's and early 1900's, when the U.S. population was more heavily skewed towards the east coast. I'd think the east coast still has more people, but the west and central areas are catching up.
Thanks for that info. It always seemed like the east was like the main timezone in the U.S. The east is more populated because there are more major cities like New York, Washington D.C., Miami, Orlando and Atlanta.

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:15 AM
r u waking up for Venus' match too?
lol so am I. I'm in CST time too. I did it on Saturday but got burned cuz the match started so late. Could have slept in on Saturday. only got a few hrs sleep.
you should try channelsurfing.net
you have to use Internet Explorer for it. Firefox doesn't work. You also have turn off you pop up blocker. And if it doesn't work jsut keep trying it'll work at some point (usually).

lol, yeah and I'm praying it doesn't rain!!! I really don't want to get up at 5 for nothing!

Does channelsurfing.net usually work?

Patty Choker
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about coverage on Monday.going to rain all day anyway:eek:

junlee_vee
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:25 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about coverage on Monday.going to rain all day anyway:eek:

:sad: