PDA

View Full Version : SERENA PROOFING the AUSTRALIAN OPEN

Jameka, Forever!
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM
Everytime Tiger Woods wins the Masters golf tournment, the Masters' Committee decides they must make changes in the golf course. They never made changes after any of Jack Nicklaus six wins. Now, the Australian Open Committee feels a need to removed the rebound-ace surface after a third Serena championship. The new hardcourt surface should bring havoc to Serena's game, she's lousy playing on this surface. I have a good feeling the Australian Open Committee's master plan may work.

simba
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:41 PM
oh come on. not again

Craigy
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:42 PM
:weirdo: I'm not even going to bother.

cellophane
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
:haha:

Reuchlin
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:45 PM
:lol:-- I heard that they are turning it into super slow and thick clay.

Donny
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM
I think they changed the surface because of the heat- Rebound Ace simply makes conditions way too hot. Sharapova's close match at the first round was the last straw, methinks.

And this is actually good for Serena, and the other fast court players. Bad for Henin and Jankovic.

Slutiana
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
no

harloo
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Serena Proof the AO!! Great Idea!!:haha: :haha: :rolls: :rolls:

volta
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:53 PM
damn he went from green to red with a quickness :haha:

Jean-Pierre.
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Everytime Tiger Woods wins the Masters golf tournment, the Masters' Committee decides they must make changes in the golf course. They never made changes after any of Jack Nicklaus six wins. Now, the Australian Open Committee feels a need to removed the rebound-ace surface after a third Serena championship. The new hardcourt surface should bring havoc to Serena's game, she's lousy playing on this surface. I have a good feeling the Australian Open Committee's master plan may work.

No.

They're doing it so that the surface will be more suited to the Aussie players who prefer faster surfaces like Lleyton Hewitt, Mark Philippoussis, Alicia Molik, and Samantha Stosur.

SV_Fan
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM
I remeber the on court temp was like 110 degrees maybe some players don'tadjust to the heat like others. Please don't switch to clay though. I do think the court is fine though.

SV_Fan
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
No.

They're doing it so that the surface will be more suited to the Aussie players who prefer faster surfaces like Lleyton Hewitt, Mark Philippoussis, Alicia Molik, and Samantha Stosur.

So the court will be like Wimbledon. Sp what does this mean Venus will get a AO title Justine will struggle Serena will get more AO titles. I like the idea.

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:38 PM
Serena's good on hard courts too. :)

Rome
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
Rember what great Andre Agassi said about this? He said that should not change its what the player train the heat etc. They alway change the courts I notice everytime Serena Wins a grand slam it true that water down Clay shit never happen before serena won the FO open

Rolling-Thunder
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM
I think it has a lot to do with trying to avoid all of the injuries associated with the sticky surface.

PLP
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:21 PM
I think it has a lot to do with trying to avoid all of the injuries associated with the sticky surface.

Yep. The extreme hot combined with the stickiness leads to many ankle/foot problems. BTW, it's doesn't sound like the courts are going to be that much faster. A bit, yes, but from what I have read it will still not as fast a Hard-court as the surface in NY.

Jean-Pierre.
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:23 PM
So the court will be like Wimbledon. Sp what does this mean Venus will get a AO title Justine will struggle Serena will get more AO titles. I like the idea.

It will play like the USO.

TSequoia01
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:32 PM

True about Tiger, not sure about Rena.

GrandSlam05
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Rember what great Andre Agassi said about this? He said that should not change its what the player train the heat etc. They alway change the courts I notice everytime Serena Wins a grand slam it true that water down Clay shit never happen before serena won the FO open
Contrary to what you may think, the world does not revolve around Serena. :lol:

cartmancop
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:11 PM
If it plays more like the USO, it will help the Williams Sisters/Sharapova & make things more difficult for Amelie, Justine, etc. Though I doubt it will make a noticeable change how the best perform.

cellophane
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
Serena's good on hard courts too. :)

Is Serena good or really really good? :confused:

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah they've changed the surface so that when it bakes in the sun it turns to clay. And then they installed a fire hydrant on every court just in case Serena's scheduled to play on it!! :eek:

cellophane
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah they've changed the surface so that when it bakes in the sun it turns to clay. And then they installed a fire hydrant on every court just in case Serena's scheduled to play on it!! :eek:

Your new avatar :hearts: :D :worship:

supergrunt
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:29 PM
Is Serena good or really really good? :confused:

Well you tell me, Sharapova fan. :hehehe:

Kunal
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:50 PM
bs man

K-Dog
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:53 PM
Go read the Australian Open's description of the new surface. It spells out what is going on.

Here's the link:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2007-05-30/200705301180554659203.html?promo=rss

heytennis
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:56 PM
It's just going to retain less heat, be more consistant and less rubbery then.

Dan23
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:42 AM
:haha:

Craigy
Jul 2nd, 2007, 01:45 AM
Jameka, Forever! and sweetpeas are the best posters ever :bowdown:

Stamp Paid
Jul 2nd, 2007, 04:05 AM
death@people taking this fucking troll seriously

DomenicDemaria
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
They have changed because the bitch Hewitt complains every year how he hates rebound ace.

aussie_fan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
Serena-proofing the australian open? :haha: funniest thing i've heard in a while.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:50 AM
Its because of the heat!

mandy7
Jul 2nd, 2007, 08:56 AM

it's cause tiger and serena are black right?
damn racist tourney directors
damn them!!!!

oh, wait, you're a troll, so this thread/discussion is therefor useless :D

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
rack1sm.

DOUBLEFIST
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:12 AM

A faster- more traditional- hardcourt makes it BETTER for Serena. Rebound Ace is a slow surface, relatively speaking.

Invisible Fan
Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
I agree it's an outrageous decesion to change the courts to dent Serena's hopes of defending her title.

Fortunately I can exculsively reveal that the Australian Open organisers have agreed to allow Richard Williams to be the chair umpire for all Serena's matches to make up for this injustice.
Additionally all Serena's opponents will play blindfolded and using a wooden racket and all her matches will start with her given an automatic 6-0,3-1 lead.

TS
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:21 AM
I think they changed the surface because of the heat- Rebound Ace simply makes conditions way too hot. Sharapova's close match at the first round was the last straw, methinks.

And this is actually good for Serena, and the other fast court players. Bad for Henin and Jankovic.

The actual heat had more of an effect on that match, than the surface.

Orion
Jul 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Rember what great Andre Agassi said about this? He said that should not change its what the player train the heat etc.

Was that "Remember what the great Andre Agassi said about this? He said that [the surface] should not change [how] the player[s] train [for[ the heat" etc. ?

If so, I completely agree. It is possible for players to accustom themselves to playing in brutally hot conditions (drinking water, maximizing clothing for water retention, etc. The fact that some (S. Williams, Federer, Mauresmo, etc.) do it better than others (Sharapova, Nalbandian, Henin, etc.) is less a function of the surface than of the player. Sharapova's whining about the heat was absurd. Rain makes it impossible to play for injury concerns. Heat makes it harder to play, but not impossible unless you don't understand the concept of staying healthy in heat.

I think Agassi is spot on. It's telling which players have the most trouble performing at the Australian Open and which players have (traditionally) done better there.