PDA

View Full Version : Who has more potential: Rezai or A.Radwanska?

tenn_ace
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:36 PM
They have significantly different games IMO. Rezai is a ball striker, going for her shots and doesn't really construct her points. Radwanska doesn't really have much power, but tries to construct the points. She seems to be mentally tougher as well.

Who do you think has more potential?

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:37 PM
In today's game id say Rezai, although i think Radwanska will probably have the better career unless Aravane loses some weight and tries to keep her consistency up

tenn_ace
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:38 PM
by the way, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in my description of their styles.

tenn_ace
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
In today's game id say Rezai, although i think Radwanska will probably have the better career unless Aravane loses some weight and tries to keep her consistency up

I tend to agree with you. Radwanska's game is similar to Hingis's, but a poorer version and if Hingis has troubles beating big hitters, so will Radwanska.

Shvedbarilescu
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:44 PM
by the way, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in my description of their styles.

No your descriptions are pretty fair. I believe Agnieszka will have a much better career. Most importantly her head is screwed on straight but also the variety in her game gives her a real advantage over many of her opponents. Although hitting the ball hard maybe all the rage that skill alone won't get you into the top level of the game. Look at all the ultra hard hitters in the women's game who seem unable to stay in the top 100 let alone the top 50.

LucasArg
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:47 PM
Both have a great future. My favorite is Aravane Rezai.

Freakan
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
More Potential? Definitely Rezai.
Better career? Probably Radwanska.

papru
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
I hope Radwanska will prove me right 2morrow :p

Donatello
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:25 PM
Rezai is a choke artist.

jazar
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM
aga has lots of potential to become a good all round player. rezai is and always will be one dimensional

Хлоэ
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
Aga for sure ;)

John.
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
I would say Aga has more potential

TaxPower
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:09 PM
Aravane has more potential

Lukasz
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Agnieszka

416_Man
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
Rezai has a unibrow.

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
Rezai has a unibrow.

Do you just come on wtaworld to be cynical :confused:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Honestly, i have never seen Radwanaska play more than a few games. I saw Rezai play ALG last year LIVE at the US OPEN. She really wallops the ball! I think she def. has a top 20 career ahead oh her :bounce:

Lukasz
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:14 PM
Radwańska def. Hingis in Indian Wells

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:15 PM
Radwańska def. Hingis in Indian Wells

Was that not in Miami?

416_Man
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:16 PM
Do you just come on wtaworld to be cynical :confused:

Don't get me wrong. She's a "beautiful" player, but in a makeover I think Radwanska could be a lot prettier. The uni is tiein' her down, as is her weight, and the excessive cellulite.

Dexter
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:17 PM
Aga easily. The fact that someone hits the sh&t out of the ball, doesn't mean that she's that talented. I can see Aravane getting to Top20 at some stage of her career though.

Hashim.
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:19 PM
Rezai :kiss:

416_Man
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:24 PM
The fact that someone hits the sh&t out of the ball, doesn't mean that she's that talented.

True, like Ana Ivanovic. Damn one dimensional ball bashers.

Хлоэ
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Aga easily. The fact that someone hits the sh&t out of the ball, doesn't mean that she's that talented. I can see Aravane getting to Top20 at some stage of her career though.

agree

Dexter
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
True, like Ana Ivanovic. Damn one dimensional ball bashers.Damn, I feel violated!

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
Agnieszka.

She has a great mind for the game.

416_Man
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:36 PM
Yes, fight Aga. Hopefully her career can merely match Hanutchova's slew of GS titles.

cypher_88
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:52 PM
Aravane for sure

Carsten
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Aga for sure ;)

Iceland
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:13 PM

Exactly what I think.
Aga's game is cleaner and safer, but she is on the other side limited in terms of power. Aravane can only improve, she has the weapons required, she is very far from her best. When she will decide to go to the net after her huge shots, she will be a major threat.
Both need to strengthen their physical condition.

CORIA01
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM
All The Way Rezai
If She Makes Less Ue She Will Defenetely Be In Top 10

drake3781
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:25 PM
Just curious how so many people have seen enough of both of them to answer? Do you get their matches on TV a lot? Or been to enough tournaments to see them frequently?

With all the tournaments I've been to, I've only seen Rezai once and Radwanska never.

I was impressed with Rezai but couldn't answer the comparison question.

Elwin.
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Both have lots of potential. But i think Aga can has the most potential ( top 10 )

Carsten
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:36 PM
Rezai is slow and plays absolutely brainless tennis with a not very good technique... if she's lucky she can make top 20...
Aga is the complete opposite of that...

matpaw88
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM
Agnieszka

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:50 PM
I always lean towards the tactical players rather than the power hitters in terms of potential. They seem to have more capacity for improving their all-around game.

Iceland
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Rezai is slow and plays absolutely brainless tennis with a not very good technique... if she's lucky she can make top 20...
Aga is the complete opposite of that...

Aravane may be slow ... but she doesn't play brainless tennis :rolleyes: .

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Pretty much agree. Rezai has more weapons at her disposal to really hurt other top players, so if she got fully fit and actually tried to evolve her hame beyond sweet ballstriking ability, she could be extremely good. Of course, that is a big if. The players who have a reputation as being "huge hitters" often fall into traps in their careers of being stubborn with their approach and relying too much on their strength of shot. This can easily happen to Aravane, though hopefully it wont.

Radwanska is a solid player. Comparing her to Hingis is a bit of a stretch, the only similarity is really that they don't use power as their main weapon. I can't see this girl being a threat for the top 10 and contending for slams though. If she made the top 20 in her career and managed to stay in it for a reasonable period of time I'd say that would be a success for her.

Thinking about it more, it's actually quite even. Like was said initially, Rezai probably has the potential to be a better player, but Radwasnka's career will most likely be more consistent and less upset-ridden just based on her more steady approach.

Carsten
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:17 PM
Aravane may be slow ... but she doesn't play brainless tennis :rolleyes: .

I think he does... imo she's just hitting the ball back waiting for an opportunity to hit the hell out of the ball...

Iceland
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:31 PM
I think he does... imo she's just hitting the ball back waiting for an opportunity to hit the hell out of the ball...

Well she is not alone in this case ... I mean, every tennis player do that. When you have an opportunity to hit a winner, you do so.
She may not be the most patient girl, but she does not try to hit a powerful shot on every point as you think. She has a game plan. She has evolved since her match vs Kirilenko in 2006.

Carsten
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:40 PM
She may not be the most patient girl, but she does not try to hit a powerful shot on every point as you think. She has a game plan. She has evolved since her match vs Kirilenko in 2006.

I don't think she does that... she doesn't have the shots to do that...
And I don't say she is impatient, for sure there are others who try to hit the winner earlier... but IMO then she just brings the ball back without any idea...

tenn_ace
Jul 2nd, 2007, 02:35 AM
A lot of people do not give Aravane a chance in improving. I really don't understand why. When Williams sisters began playing on a tour they were also very raw, but look where they are now. I'm not trying to say that Aravane is as taleneted as them, but her being a big hitter doesn't mean she can't continue improving.

LeonHart
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:01 AM
Just curious how so many people have seen enough of both of them to answer? Do you get their matches on TV a lot? Or been to enough tournaments to see them frequently?

With all the tournaments I've been to, I've only seen Rezai once and Radwanska never.

I was impressed with Rezai but couldn't answer the comparison question.

I've seen both play ;)

I would say Aga has more potential. She knows how to construct a point and keep her head together whereas Rezai seems to just bash the ball mindlessly.

.Andrew.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 03:11 AM
Aga for sure. :)

Sassy-Na
Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:35 AM
big girls rule :angel:

mckyle.
Jul 2nd, 2007, 07:11 AM
I think Radwanska will be more successful because by the time they are in their mid-20's the power game will be gone and more strategical players will be coming up. The power game was only meant for a few years, it will die when the likes of Sharapova retire.