PDA

View Full Version : Whose shots are harder ?

Beny
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:18 PM
Vote;)

I think both hit extremely hard. I mean the ball is flying unusually fast off their racquets..

we just compare now the speed of their shots but overall I think Lucie>>>Aravane..Lucie is much better and with much more potential

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:46 PM
When Rezai is hitting at her hardest and just going for broke everytime its her. Only Sprem hits harder than her on the tour

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM
Rezai's backhand is :speakles: at times.

shrOOf
Jul 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM
rezai

Beny
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:01 PM
I saw both play and I think Aravane is not always hitting that hard, nor is Lucie but when you watch a match of some of the two, it`s Lucie who hits very hard most of the time.

Or Aravane gets easily under pressure or into defense...

I think Lucie hits harder

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM
I saw both play and I think Aravane is not always hitting that hard, nor is Lucie but when you watch a match of some of the two, it`s Lucie who hits very hard most of the time.

Aravane's backhand when she is in position, set-up, and going for a winner is way harder than Lucie's power.

But Lucie hits harder more consistently.

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM

Aravane this Wimbledon has been trying to construct the point alot more, not hitting as hard every shot, if you see some of her matches from last years USO then thats how hard she can hit, particularly against Kirilenko

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Aravane's backhand when she is in position, set-up, and going for a winner is way harder than Lucie's power.

Lucie hits harder more consistently, yes. But Rezai's shots are heavier and have more weight on them, and as you said, when she really rips it (particularly on the backhand), it's way harder than Lucie.

Beny
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM

Yeah,that was my point ;)thanx

HenryMag.
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:21 PM
I watched their match in Estoril and Rezai's BH in one of the hardests shots on Tour...

But Lucie hits hard with more consistently..

Beny
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
Aravane this Wimbledon has been trying to construct the point alot more, not hitting as hard every shot, if you see some of her matches from last years USO then thats how hard she can hit, particularly against Kirilenko

I haven`t seen Aravane`s Wimbledon matches yet.

I saw a couple of points from last year`s USO..

but well, Kirilenko is hitting soft or average and her problem was/is that she has no length in her shots. So it`s not surprising Aravane was hitting particularly hard against her when Maria`s shots fell on 'T' and were let`s say quite soft

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM
Rezai's backhand is :speakles: at times.

but well, Kirilenko is hitting soft or average and her problem was/is that she has no length in her shots. So it`s not surprising Aravane was hitting particularly hard against her when Maria`s shots fell on 'T' and were let`s say quite soft

To be honest i think Azarenka hits the ball consistently harder than Lucie, looking at their match in Estoril this year i thought Vika was outhitting Lucie for the most part in the longer rallies. Also i think that the really huge hitters like playing someone who hits the ball pretty hard aswell, they like the pace and they struggle against someone who will mix up the speed like say a Kirilenko. Lucie relies much more on timing for her power, with Aravane its grrat racquet speed through the ball particularly on the BH

Derek.
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM

It's harder to create pace off shots with less power.

And Aravane was ripping backhands that were normal groundstrokes. Not all of them were easy put aways on the T.

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM
lol I didn't mean to quote Derek in my last post :p

IanRadi
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM
Razai hits harder than Lucie but Safarova hits all the time with the same intensity.

Viktymise
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM
It's harder to create pace off shots with less power.

And Aravane was ripping backhands that were normal groundstrokes. Not all of them were easy put aways on the T.

Exactly, in fact you usually see the really big hitting often struggling against someone who mixes it up, throws in lots of different things because they have to create all the pace themselves

cellophane
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:45 PM
Serena's ? :shrug:

LucasArg
Jul 1st, 2007, 06:49 PM
Rezai.:)

stefi62
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Aravane

Dexter
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:30 PM
Who cares who hits harder, Safarova is light-years ahead of Aravane in about every aspect of game.

Demska
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:34 PM
Rezai

Dave.
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:49 PM
Rezai is one of the hardest hitting players on tour.

I wouldn't even count Safarova among the hardest hitters. Safarova is a more talented player than Rezai, but not a harder hitter. She uses alot of spins and court craft (a bit like Schnyder in that way). Yes she does have consistently powerful strokes, but not in Rezai's league in terms of power.

Bruno71
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure about harder...I think Rezai...but Safarova is one of the cleanest strikers of the ball around these days. That sound coming off her racket.

mirzalover
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure about harder...I think Rezai...but Safarova is one of the cleanest strikers of the ball around these days. That sound coming off her racket.

I know. When she was playing Jelena I just kept thinking it sounds like she is murdering the ball off her forehand.

TaxPower
Jul 1st, 2007, 10:36 PM
Aravane

LindsayRulz
Jul 2nd, 2007, 12:48 AM
Aravane Rezai.