PDA

View Full Version : A Question about buying a ground pass on Wimbledon Ladies Finals Day

RayRob
Jul 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I have this urge to go to Wimbledon to see what the atmosphere is like on the day of the Ladies Final day (assuming weather is good). I was just wondering if any of you die hard queuers would know what time I would need to queue up on Ladies final day in order to get a ground pass?

My first option is to try and buy a ticket from ticket master, but if that fails (which it might) I wouldn't want to think I've wasted the price of a train ticket only to stay home and watch it.

I know it seems early in the week to be asking about this, but I have to plan ahead if I want the cheapest train tickets!

So, what time is the latest time that I could get there for? (It takes two hours for me to get to London...so, the later the better really.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

dav abu
Jul 1st, 2007, 04:04 PM
we got there at 10.30 last year and got in handy enough. If you're there between 9-10 you should be fine, the ground capacity is 33,000 so I can't imagine it being packed by then.

sharapovarulz1
Jul 1st, 2007, 07:54 PM
I would love to be there on Ladies final day!

dav abu
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:01 PM
I have to say if you are a big fan it is well worth it.

SJW
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I have this urge to go to Wimbledon to see what the atmosphere is like on the day of the Ladies Final day (assuming weather is good). I was just wondering if any of you die hard queuers would know what time I would need to queue up on Ladies final day in order to get a ground pass?

My first option is to try and buy a ticket from ticket master, but if that fails (which it might) I wouldn't want to think I've wasted the price of a train ticket only to stay home and watch it.

I know it seems early in the week to be asking about this, but I have to plan ahead if I want the cheapest train tickets!

So, what time is the latest time that I could get there for? (It takes two hours for me to get to London...so, the later the better really.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

viva la ticketmaster :woohoo:
Depending on who makes the final, I may be doing that too.

Slutiana
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
viva la ticketmaster :woohoo:
Depending on who makes the final, I may be doing that too.

yeah same..if its an all williams final then i will go 100%...only i'll be getting the tickets from richard williams:p:lol:

SJW
Jul 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
yeah same..if its an all williams final then i will go 100%...only i'll be getting the tickets from richard williams:p:lol:

Oh. OK.

RayRob
Jul 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM
we got there at 10.30 last year and got in handy enough. If you're there between 9-10 you should be fine, the ground capacity is 33,000 so I can't imagine it being packed by then.

Thanks for this info. I was going to catch a train after 9am cos it's cheaper....but I can probably get there for about 10.30am. The thing is, I have to return home at a set time for a cheaper train ticket - I'm just a bit worried I might not end up getting in and have no way of watching the final or getting back home until late. LOL. But I really wanna go - decisions, decisions. Perhaps I should just buy the train ticket, attempt to do the ticket master thing...if all else fails, try a ground pass and take a little hand held TV with me! :lol: